HELIA HEALTHCARE

HELIA HEALTHCARE Employer Reviews

Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Greenville, ILMay 5, 2014
• Efficiently cleaning
• Bed making, routine bedding and linen changes
• Performed various cleaning activities of assigned areas rooms, offices, lobbies, and public area
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Energy, ILApril 17, 2014
This was a great learning experience, but the job culture was a little slack. Attending to care was slow and sometimes overlooked.
Fun with Elderly
CNA (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: lots of laughs
Cons: no breaks
I really enjoyed this job. I had fun with the residents but the pay wasn't very good.
Quit
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, ILDecember 2, 2013
The co-workers are rude. The resudents were great. The bosses weren't too friendly either. Most of them anyways.
Advancement
CNA - Team Leader (Former Employee), Champaign, ILSeptember 6, 2013
This job believed in me and gave me a chance to work at their buisness. I was promoted to Team Lead after 6 months of employment. Great job
BUSY DAY WITH LIMITED TIME
Cook (Current Employee), Yorkville, ILApril 22, 2013
Pros: residents
Cons: lazy co workers
LOVE THE JOB, I COOK, VISIT WITH MY RESIDENTS TO WHOM I KNOW ALL BY NAME AND ROOM.WHAT THEIR DISLIKES ARE WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IN LIFE.I WORK WITH AIDS THAT ARE IN 60 AGE GROUP SO I FEEL I DO ALOT OF THE WORK AS WELL THEY ARE TO DO..WHICH MAKES MY DAY QUITE BUSY WITH NO BREAKS..I HAVE COOKED FOR 12 YEARS AND BY MY CO WORKERS AND BOSS I HAVE BEEN TOLD – more... THAT MY FOOD IS AWSOME WHICH IN RETURN GIVES ME GREAT PRIDE IN MY WORK....THE DAILY STRUGGLE OF KEEPING EVERY THING ON TIME WITH SLOWER STAFF VERY MUCH STRESSES ME..OTHERWISE I LOVE WHAT I DO, I BELIEVE MANAGEMENT SHOULD MAKE THE CHANGES NEEDED TO MAKE A PRODUCTIVE KITCHEN FOR ALL AND NOT OVERLOAD ONE PERSON TO COVER EVERYONE ELSE THAT CANNOT COMPLETE THE TASK AT HAND – less
Horrible place to work.
LPN (Former Employee), Energy ILMarch 13, 2013
Pros: none i can think of
Cons: no break...
The environment is very negative with incompetent management and disgruntled employee.
Very un-organized,not professional
Culinary Director (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILMarch 5, 2013
Pros: you get to have great relationships with the residents
Cons: poor nursing care an people that don't care
Well this company has tought me what to look for in a poorly ran company. This company wheels you in with lies, they don't train anyone in the buliding including the administrator. They bend the rules and the state law and expect the employee to keep quiet !
On the outside, looking at the web site or when you come in for an interview it llooks great. – more... I was a dietary manager at on of the dirtiest kitchens I had ever seen !( which they never showed me in the interview process where I took a tour of the building)
The coorprate team pretends to care about what is going on in the building, but just care about the number of filled beds. This is not a family friendly work place,bad insurence. Pay you on salary of 40 hours but you work at least 50 so you basicly are working for free anything after 40 and Mon-Fri. – less
do not work for Helia at Olney
cna (Former Employee), Olney, illinoisFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: many
bad place to work, always short of help, too many residents to take care of, and the nurses are lazy and hateful
Very nice place to work
Head Cook (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILOctober 2, 2012
Pros: company provided certification for sanitation certificate.
Cons: there were no cons.
Helia Healthcare is a great place to work. They provide all training and certifications needed.
Very fast-paced and heavy workload
CNA (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJanuary 12, 2012
Pros: free lunches, good shift times
Cons: no breaks, very understaffed
There is only 10 residents now, because their license for Med A got taken away, but when i worked there you had up to 30 residents to one CNA, so unethical and illegal.