Helios Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Mail Order Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2015
Overall Helios is a great place to work, the pay is good and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement and the management and other employees who work there are easy to get along with and fun to work with.
Pros
Full Benefits, Weekends Off, Paid Holidays
Cons
Later Shift
Very stressful company to work for with poor management.
Customer Service Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 12, 2016
A very stressful company to work for with extremely poor management. They treated you like a robot and expected you to do 40 things at 1 time , and have all customers of the phone in 3 mins.Not a productive place to work.The most enjoyable part of the job was vacation time (pto).
Pros
The pay was decent and vacation time was good.
Cons
Didn't really want you to leave your desk for anything and training was non-existent.
Very Stressful working environment, High turn over
Verifications Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TNAugust 2, 2015
Please DO NOT waste your time or gas working at this company. The verifications department is a job that is based on your performance. If you are not performing based on the production or QA standards, you will get let go after 3 months. The recruiter lied about the pay and benefits. If you love working under pressure and being stressed out everyday this is a great job for you. Working at this company was very stressful! The trainer and training sucked big time! AFter training you are thrown on the floor with a "map" that assist you on your journey to failure. If you need assistance with a question about your daily task of verifying claims the managers are not helpful and you are basically left alone to figure things out on your on. The turn over is really high, and the pay is very low. The company is segregated and there is no room for growth. The shifts are great, paid holidays, benefits suck, and off on the weekend. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AT THIS JOB!
Pros
Great shift, paid holidays
Cons
Benefits, low pay, job security
went down hill quickly...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2015
PMSI was a great company to work for and the people employed throughout the company were relatively happy and everyone got along. Employees were valued. Unfortunately, the merging with Progressive Medical proved to be the downfall of positive work culture and employee attitude. Advancement opportunities dried up, pay scales lowered, work/life balance became non-existent, benefit quality dropped, pto allowances were lowered and if you chose to sever employment, 2 weeks wasn't good enough. Three to four weeks notice was expected and then you were only paid for 50% of the PTO time you had banked. As Helios, the reputation is suffering as the company is being run by short-sighted middle management with iron - fisted executive management leading the charge.
Great potential but horrible follow through
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 25, 2016
I loved the people and learned so much however, this company operates under hyper favoritism. I worked there 5 years saw many people come and go. Worked under too many changes in upper management and inconistency to say the least. I have worked in a call center industry over 20 years and never seen such mass inconsistency,favortism, lack of leadership and odd work conditions. They had bugs EVERYWHERE and it was discussed as well as brought up on numerous occasions and never addressed.

great potential but, the atmosphere, lack of leadership and conditions were exhausting...
Great Group of People
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2016
I really enjoy the people at Helios having worked with them for over 12 years.

Over the last 12 years I was involved with the consolidation of several properties as the business was streamlined and synergies recognized. There were a lot of very busy nights and weekends during those remodel/moves/consolidation of sites.

Overall, the company is a great place to work!! I have a great team, and a wonderful relationship with my boss.
Work environment changed drastically.
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 28, 2014
The company was customer service oriented when I started. I was a fun environment and work ethics were rewarded. The company changed by being bought and merged with other companies. This changed the work from customer service to production. The change and requirements were very difficult. The customers were elderly and very enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Only company oriented not customer
Great company values and many opportunities for promotion
Client Services Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 21, 2012
Possibly one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. Room for advancement and great company vision. Benefits and compensation were great.
Pros
great company and wonderful work environment
Cons
hours for many positions
Military style run company
Pharmacy Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 18, 2012
The original Progressive Medical, Inc. was the best company I ever had the pleasure of working with. Unfortunately, the company was bought out by Stone River Pharmacy Solutions who run it like a beach of the military.
Pros
compensation good
Cons
culture and working conditons deplorable.
Easy work
Pharmacy Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 31, 2015
The job is easy, just taking inbound call from phramacies and helping them process prescriptions. If you are looking for a challenging career, this is not it. There is a lot of down time and it gets frustrating because there are things that need to get done, but they are relegated to a specific team before you are allowed to assist. Work gets built up and then you end up with complaints from pharmacies, adjustors and injured wokers. If there is an issue that you are unable to resolve on your own, it gets escalated to the leadership team, and you will never hear back what the solution is and it will probably never get resolved in the first place. You will just keep answering calls from clients asking the same question that you have no answer for. In my experience all of these issues have been driven by issues with the software we use. If you do well on quality and talk time, it is easy to receive a nice bonus each quarter.
Pros
Nice quartlerly bonus
Cons
Unresponsive leadership team (although the teams leads are great)
Good job
Customer service associate 1 Retail (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2015
Great learning experience. Great co-workers. Management works with you to hit goals. Hardest part was Carrier specs. Most enjoyable will bee getting back into Prx tech work.

t
Pros
Hours
Cons
Favortisism
Good company
Client Service Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 17, 2012
If you are interested in a pay for production facility, reasonable pay, good benefits then it's a great place to work.
Productive and fun company to work for.
Proposal Writer/Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management but due to the restructuring does not allow for fast advancement depending on your respective department..
I enjoy the people that I work with.
Key Client Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2015
I work from a assigned list of work. I have learned about about workers comp, and the many different supplies that an injured worker many need. I get alone with the majority of my co-workers. I work well with my management team. The hardest part of my job would be having to locate vendors in some areas of the United States.
Productive Phone Center
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 6, 2012
Assisted insured other to phone with pharmacy, home health services and medical equipment. I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge regarding workers comp insurance. For the most part my co-workers were team players and we worked well with management before the change in company management. The hardest part of the was not being able to provide quality service to our customers due to new policy changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide 100% to customers to resolve issues.
Helios
Executive Director of Government Affairs (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2015
Helios is a growing company and really starting to take on the lead in the marketplace. Looking forward to seeing it grow and becoming a full force.
Pros
Merger Growth of the Company
Cons
Merger creates roadblocks to advancement
Not worth the time
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2015
This is not a place to grow no room 2 make no money or like to get up and go to every day they do not care much for there employees.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Fun people to work with
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioDecember 1, 2011
This was an up and coming company at the time I was working there, so advancement was great. It is a large corporation now, and helps a lot of people. They have a large office building that was solely built for them. The people are great to work with.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
none that i can think of
The company is currently being merged and going through a lot of policy changes and procedures.
Home Delivery Conversion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OhioDecember 11, 2013
I was with this company for many years, within the last three years after we were merged/sold to another company I saw very drastic changes in the way we told to perform our jobs to attendance policies and finally to the pay structure. A lot of these changes were not received well by the people that had worked there for a long time and many people have quit or been discharged.
Very strict and not much opportunity for development or advancement within the company. Benefits are aweful.
Universal Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 23, 2013
Management lacks people skills. Their motto is, "do more with less." A very high stressed place to work, with policies changing constantly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helios. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8