Helios Employee Reviews

Great location
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 24, 2017
Payment scale is unfair. Long days and unfulfilling advancement opportunities. There was never a time working there that I felt that my job was safe from being taken away.
great experience
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 15, 2017
great experience with management. poor compensation. great work life balance. job not hard. job is easy. loved the people I worked with. loved the bonuses.
Pharmacy Support (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 23, 2017
Well-structured environment to work. Policies and procedures clear and concise across all departments. Very good healthcare for employees and employees are well compensated.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Fast pace environment, could be slightly overwhelming.
Helios
Sr. Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2017
Its good relaxed work environment. Development Team is pretty good at communication, helping each other. I still see there is room for structured development processes which includes documentation etc.
worked there along time ago and it has changed management many times over
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 16, 2016
has changed a lot since I was there. I came over from Pharmerica Side and was not accepted as well as one would have thought. It was in a growing time for the company prepping to sell. In some areas grew too fast an unable to take care of customer service as I think it should be taken care of.
Very stressful company to work for with poor management.
Customer Service Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 12, 2016
A very stressful company to work for with extremely poor management. They treated you like a robot and expected you to do 40 things at 1 time , and have all customers of the phone in 3 mins.Not a productive place to work.The most enjoyable part of the job was vacation time (pto).
Pros
The pay was decent and vacation time was good.
Cons
Didn't really want you to leave your desk for anything and training was non-existent.
Great Group of People
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2016
I really enjoy the people at Helios having worked with them for over 12 years.

Over the last 12 years I was involved with the consolidation of several properties as the business was streamlined and synergies recognized. There were a lot of very busy nights and weekends during those remodel/moves/consolidation of sites.

Overall, the company is a great place to work!! I have a great team, and a wonderful relationship with my boss.
Great potential but horrible follow through
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 25, 2016
I loved the people and learned so much however, this company operates under hyper favoritism. I worked there 5 years saw many people come and go. Worked under too many changes in upper management and inconistency to say the least. I have worked in a call center industry over 20 years and never seen such mass inconsistency,favortism, lack of leadership and odd work conditions. They had bugs EVERYWHERE and it was discussed as well as brought up on numerous occasions and never addressed.

great potential but, the atmosphere, lack of leadership and conditions were exhausting...
Good job
Customer service associate 1 Retail (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2015
Great learning experience. Great co-workers. Management works with you to hit goals. Hardest part was Carrier specs. Most enjoyable will bee getting back into Prx tech work.

t
Pros
Hours
Cons
Favortisism
You do a lot without the recognition
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 29, 2015
Helios is a great place to get experience and then move elsewhere. You can learn a lot about the behind the scenes of ancillary and pharmacy services. They are all about QA and productivity. They use a pay for performance system instead of giving yearly raises which is nice to get a bonus at the end of the quarter but you have to work extremely hard every day to get it. If you have a few bad weeks on your QA score you won't make a certain level and will get a very small payout.
Attendance is extremely strict here so if you have issues with that, do not apply. Very micro managed- they watch your every move and action. I give them props for auditing employees to make sure standards are being met and errors are being prevented, but they make you feel like you are in school. Training isn't that great- very general overview of what you will do- you'll learn most of it on the job. They make you use a flow chart style manual, even though most situations aren't black and white, and QA you off of it which is extremely annoying and inhibits you to think for yourself. They mark you off for things that are extremely nit picky. Managers don't even know how to do what you do but tell you what to do. Team leads aren't compensated enough for the work they do. I really feel the biggest problem is that each department doesn't know enough about the others and we don't work together like one company, but separate companies within a company. There is an onsite café and a large atrium that is nice. They incorporate activities throughout the year for the whole company like Halloween decorating
  more... or company birthday cake celebration.  less
Pros
Onsite Cafe (not free), Onsite Gym, Yearly Company Activities, Own Desk, Decent Pay, Hour Lunch
Cons
Micro Managed, Departments don't work together, Training Program isn't realistic, Out of Date Technology
Productive and Fun Workplace
Mail Order Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2015
Overall Helios is a great place to work, the pay is good and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement and the management and other employees who work there are easy to get along with and fun to work with.
Pros
Full Benefits, Weekends Off, Paid Holidays
Cons
Later Shift
Productive and fun company to work for.
Proposal Writer/Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management but due to the restructuring does not allow for fast advancement depending on your respective department..
Easy work
Pharmacy Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 31, 2015
The job is easy, just taking inbound call from phramacies and helping them process prescriptions. If you are looking for a challenging career, this is not it. There is a lot of down time and it gets frustrating because there are things that need to get done, but they are relegated to a specific team before you are allowed to assist. Work gets built up and then you end up with complaints from pharmacies, adjustors and injured wokers. If there is an issue that you are unable to resolve on your own, it gets escalated to the leadership team, and you will never hear back what the solution is and it will probably never get resolved in the first place. You will just keep answering calls from clients asking the same question that you have no answer for. In my experience all of these issues have been driven by issues with the software we use. If you do well on quality and talk time, it is easy to receive a nice bonus each quarter.
Pros
Nice quartlerly bonus
Cons
Unresponsive leadership team (although the teams leads are great)
went down hill quickly...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2015
PMSI was a great company to work for and the people employed throughout the company were relatively happy and everyone got along. Employees were valued. Unfortunately, the merging with Progressive Medical proved to be the downfall of positive work culture and employee attitude. Advancement opportunities dried up, pay scales lowered, work/life balance became non-existent, benefit quality dropped, pto allowances were lowered and if you chose to sever employment, 2 weeks wasn't good enough. Three to four weeks notice was expected and then you were only paid for 50% of the PTO time you had banked. As Helios, the reputation is suffering as the company is being run by short-sighted middle management with iron - fisted executive management leading the charge.
Not worth the time
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2015
This is not a place to grow no room 2 make no money or like to get up and go to every day they do not care much for there employees.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Very Stressful working environment, High turn over
Verifications Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TNAugust 2, 2015
Please DO NOT waste your time or gas working at this company. The verifications department is a job that is based on your performance. If you are not performing based on the production or QA standards, you will get let go after 3 months. The recruiter lied about the pay and benefits. If you love working under pressure and being stressed out everyday this is a great job for you. Working at this company was very stressful! The trainer and training sucked big time! AFter training you are thrown on the floor with a "map" that assist you on your journey to failure. If you need assistance with a question about your daily task of verifying claims the managers are not helpful and you are basically left alone to figure things out on your on. The turn over is really high, and the pay is very low. The company is segregated and there is no room for growth. The shifts are great, paid holidays, benefits suck, and off on the weekend. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AT THIS JOB!
Pros
Great shift, paid holidays
Cons
Benefits, low pay, job security
I enjoy the people that I work with.
Key Client Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2015
I work from a assigned list of work. I have learned about about workers comp, and the many different supplies that an injured worker many need. I get alone with the majority of my co-workers. I work well with my management team. The hardest part of my job would be having to locate vendors in some areas of the United States.
what i learned
Pharmacy Bill Auditor (Current Employee) –  woodland corpApril 13, 2015
learned how to audit a bill and
process bills for different carriers

learn a lot on the job work is plenty
started as a customer service rep
Pros
good work experi
Cons
not organized
Helios
Executive Director of Government Affairs (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2015
Helios is a growing company and really starting to take on the lead in the marketplace. Looking forward to seeing it grow and becoming a full force.
Pros
Merger Growth of the Company
Cons
Merger creates roadblocks to advancement
Work environment changed drastically.
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 28, 2014
The company was customer service oriented when I started. I was a fun environment and work ethics were rewarded. The company changed by being bought and merged with other companies. This changed the work from customer service to production. The change and requirements were very difficult. The customers were elderly and very enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Only company oriented not customer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helios. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8