Hellas Construction, Inc. Employee Reviews

it was a great place to work.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSJanuary 10, 2018
Hellas was a great place to work for the most part. There would be people in upper management that would try to be like the CFO. They would try to be tuff on employees and that style di not work for them.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some terrible management styles.
Productive company to work for
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2018
I think the company is a great company to work for very respectful superintendent and all, you do work outside at all times so you will be working in all types of weather....
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
Hellas Construction was one of the best jobs I have ever had. They are a really solid company with great management and superior products. I loved going to work every day and only left because I switched career paths.
Pros
Uppler management
Cons
The work and hour are their but the foreman Salas doesn't like to get up for work every foreman is at work at 7 except him
Tennis (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Good company just that father as manager and son as foreman in the same division makes it hard for laborers to complain about bad situations or else we will get fierd
Pros
Fun and easy
Cons
Our foreman is lazy to get to work that's why thank God I was switched to another crew
Busy busy busy
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 23, 2017
Lots of work. Little training if out in the field on how office needs reports or information. Out in the field a day consists of managing sub contractors, helping superintendents receive needed information and materials to accomplish daily, weekly and project tasks. Take pictures and report back to the office of status of the job.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
If you are married you don't see your family often. Lots of travel.
fast paced enviroment
Bid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2017
Hellas was very fast paced office. Everyone was always on the go. Very friendly and high energy. They supported all employees advancing in the company and were always available to assist in achieving your goals.
Pros
encourage growth, friendly high energy work environment
Cons
can get loud in the office makes it hard to focus.
Super ambiente de trabajo
Labor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2017
Buen trabajo solo.o en equipo disponibilidad de horario apoyo con material para trabajar
"have lot of problems, same problems" new people starting not looking to stay long, equipment used, not up keep
Truck Drivers - Traveling (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2016
pro's : Pay
con's: Mgr, " need's to be able to work with you too "

Needing the mgr to work with you too, equipment outdated/used/ not will up keep, not even cb radios to communicate, lots of people don't stay/ quickly feel they not going to stick around long, some drama/stress getting the way, getting yelled at job sites treating drivers unkindly, instead of fixing any of the ongoing problems as simply just communicating correctly simply as asking letting you know help do job better, instead of use to yelling at you even new workers.. could see wasn't going to work out for me way treated off the bat and constant after no matter how you do your best, as you told by other supervisors wish they had more drivers like you, on the other side your yelled at.. Drivers not being treated as professional but just bossed around by everyone.. really wanted find a permanent job, but after the first day wondered what I got myself into,,good luck
Pros
pay
Cons
lots of problems, and lots of same problems, not upkeep equipment
Joke of a company . Dried up in Texas now branching out
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 24, 2016
Underpass big time , acts big time, just another low labor company trying to flood the market with low paying jobs and bs bosses. This isn't Mexico.
Pros
There are no pros. There garbage
Cons
Everything tied to Hellas
Sink or swim, no direction
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Management doesn't care about proper training of employees, and does not provide the necessary tools for someone to succeed.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No management, no direction
High Speed environment in Sports Construction
Asset Controls/Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Hellas. It was a very demanding job and although it was stressful, I enjoyed many of the people I worked with.
Great company to work for.
Office Manager/Contract Administration (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2012
Great company that thrives in everything they do. One in a million.
learned how to manage
Labor personnel and all around person, manager (Former Employee) –  denver coJuly 16, 2012
learned how to be a leader and flexable between in life and work
Pros
the pay
Cons
lay off from the jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hellas Construction, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Hellas Construction, Inc. Reviews by Location