HELLERMANN TYTON Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2016
Every day is a typical day at work
I learn every thing there while I work
The management is always professional
My co-workers always perform up to snuff
The hardest part is leaving at the end of the day
Every part of the job is enjoyable, how could I have a favorite?
Pros
Free lunches etc.
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare etc.
Needs better management.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2016
Hellermanntyton is a company with very great potential for continuously expanding. However, a job there isn't secure seeing that someone is always getting fired, sometimes 4 or 5 people in just one week. Temporary workers have been known to work for almost two years before getting hired. Management plays favorites and gives promotions to only employees who they like. Beware of working too hard. It will get you no where if the bosses don't like you. Sometimes You may find yourself training a new employee who will advance to higher positions before you. Or despite your many years, knowledge and experience at the company, open positions could still be given to people from outside the job who have not proven themselves to be good candidates for those positions let alone have any knowledge of the position itself. So its best just to avoid a slap in the face and not even look in helletmanntyton's direction.
Pros
Free lunch every three months, bonus is ok.
Cons
The bosses, all weekends are manditory 8hr shifts saturday and sunday
Press Operator
Press Operator, Production (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee,WIMay 11, 2015
Provided other, general labor in assembly for plant with seasonal/ limited products.
Operated multiple presses, collected press readings, analyzed, and summarized information and trends for quality product assurance.
Analyzed and planned work flow, space requirements, and equipment prep and layout
Pros
Great Work environment
Cons
Layed off ALL Temps
Not a very good place to grow.
Package Operator (Former Employee) –  Good HopeSeptember 8, 2014
First off, they only bring people on board thru a temporary service and I worked way pass my 90 days as a package operator and was not hired on. So I moved to an open material handler position where the lead if he don't like you he won't train you, I was told to do tasks that was out of my job description.

I did my work to high standards, did what was asked and was there for 5 months but, was not brought on as a regular.

The tasks of Hellermann's Material Handler position is fairly easy but the lead will make it seem very hard to cover his slack.

You want be able to go to the manger about any issues because the Material Handler lead emails him constantly stating he is training you but he is not.

All other departments outside of a Package Operator is small consisting of only a few employees each and Package Operator is the lowest paid of all departments even after being hired on.

Its a lot of good companies out there I'll say try a little harder and you'll find one better then this one.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Breaks, Job Growth and Culture.
A joke
Process Tech (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeFebruary 27, 2013
Worked there for less than 90 days as a Process Technician. Let me go after saying I didnt have enough automation experience. That is clearly not what I do. Gave me a hiring bonus, 2 weeks vacation, that had to be paid out, then said I didnt have enough. No responsibility on there part on hiring. BE CAREFUL! I left a killer paying job to go there and got burned. If you like doing everything but processing, thats the place for you.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad culture, bad training, wont do what a process tech usually is asked
enjoy working there
packaging/ assembly (Former Employee) –  milwaukee, wisconsinJuly 25, 2012
wo rk day was fun. employees very respectful. hardest part of job was leaving as temp employee
Pros
company picnics
Cons
healty care
Great location, overtime available
PACKAGING OPERATOR / INVENTORY CONTROL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2012
Great work place, detail oriented, multi task a must, organizational skils a must, team oriented and detail oriented
Pros
constent movement, over time