Help A Child Smile Employee Reviews

Only cares about bottom line-production not the care of children
Dentist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 12, 2017
I work for over 2 years with this company. They have MANY great staff members; however, management only cares about how much money can be produced. Corporation does NOT care of their staff or the patients.....money, money, money, money!
Pros
Short hours, great co-workers
Cons
No support from management, not patient centered
Great job, terrible co
Patient Relations (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 31, 2017
I like the job, this company is terrible though. They do not care about the children like they say, only money. We lose patients all the time due to the terrible staff they hire and keep because of "favorites".
Great mission and helps children
School Relationships (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 25, 2017
Help A Child Smile has a great mission, to help children that do not normally receive dental care. Very fast paced and can be stressful at times. Requires a lot of flexibility and an ability to easily adapt to rapidly changing events on a day to day basis.
Pros
Helping Kids
Cons
Very basic benefits
Productive and Comfortable work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for Help A Child Smile. It was simple and easy to grasp. I enjoyed all the amazing women I was able to work with as well. Very easy to become like a family with them.
productive and fun workplace
Driver/Tech (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 25, 2017
work with education and kids in the oral hygiene field. work as team lead to lead others into productive days. Ability to adapt and change on the site daily to accomplish tasks.
Chart organizer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 15, 2015
I would have to file the active charts in the correct school box which was organized by county and school. The inactive charts would be filed numerically. The charts that came back from the billing department had to checked in and filed away correctly. The boxes that came back from the schools had to be put in order and filed away.
Really enjoy the job but there are NO benefits
Data Entry Specialist/File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 1, 2015
Good fun job but no benefits. Job security is really not that great; new people always coming in and out. Everyday is different. First thing i do in the morning is finish whats left on my desk from the day before whether its return mail, entering data, filing charts and forms, organizing forms or returning calls. That is my favorite part of the job is always staying busy while always doing something different. i absolutely love all of my coworkers and my manager. We work so well together and try to help each other out as much as possible to get work done right and on time. I love that my manager helps us out, when she has time, just to take some of the load off our back. She always helps us to learn new things and new jobs to further our experience in the company. As far as management over the company, it could use work in other departments. They are always changing the way they want things done and policies are always changing. A lot of the time you don't know exactly the way they want certain jobs done so you always have to double check with co workers to see if it has changed. Its very aggravating and confusing which is one of the hardest part of the job. Overall I enjoy my job and the people I work with but I'm seeking to find a job with benefits and I can keep as a career.
Pros
Easy job, great coworkers and manager
Cons
no benefits, not paid enough
Fun traveling dental experience.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 19, 2014
A typical day was spent on the traveling dental unit providing care for various organizations. I learned and perfected my dental assisting skills. Management was provided by various individuals who organized treatment on the mobiles. My coworkers were caring, and worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients with rampant caries and no prior care. I enjoyed providing quality dental care to patients who otherwise would not have this service available.
productive
Mobile Inventory and Mobile Supply Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 13, 2014
this place has boomed in the past years and i see it growing even more the creativity in this business is outstanding and one ofkind! employees are great and leaders here tend to be successful
Productive work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2014
Set up for the day, Sterilize instruments, Assist the Doctor, Seat Patients, take care of patient needs, make phone calls/answer phones.

I learned so much at this company. I learned about primary and permanent teeth, cavities and x-rays.

My co-workers were the awesome, I work well with others so we always had a great time on the job.

The hardest part of the job was the days we had to see over 100 patients and there wasnt enough time in the day and also driving over an hour to and from one location.

I enjoyed learning new things about the mouth and expanding my knowledge in the dental field.
Excellent Employer
Insurance and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 17, 2013
This company was a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed being a part of this team.
Great family oriented workplace
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 3, 2013
Learned data entry, worked with very respectable management
Very fast paced and challenging
Insurance Verification Clerk (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 3, 2013
I actually love what I do. There is really no typical day as everyday is a different. It is very fast paced and changes all the time. We have children that we schedule in Georgia and in Al for Dental treatments. My job is to verify and prescreen what services each child can have based on insurance benefits available and services needed. Mgmt is pretty good, flexible. My co workers I love!! The hardest part of the job is when a child doesnt have insurance at all and need extensive dental work and cant get it. The most enjoyable part is knowing that by our mobiles going to the schools, that we are helping single mothers that can not afford to take off from work, or may not have transportation to get to appointments as needed.
Pros
coworkers bring snacks alot.
Cons
reviews, and raises are not really set in stone and on a regular basis.
This job is very rewarding as far as dealing with the children, but driving to a different pace everyday can become very stressful
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 5, 2012
The kids are great, but you have to drive to a different place daily and that can take a toll on your car as well as your body. You may wake up a 5am and get home at 7pm...this is a job that you will just have to enjoy that much!
Pros
benefits and the kids
Cons
no breaks and required travel