Help at Home, Inc.

Help at Home, Inc. Employer Reviews

Hostile work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), IFebruary 24, 2015
Unfair to employees. I would not recommend working here to anyone. This is not a professional business at all! There really weren't any benefits to working at this company, except for a little additional experience to add to a resume but it wasn't worth it.
fun,positive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Oak Forest, ILFebruary 19, 2015
typical day at work is being on time at the clients house on time assisting with daily bathing ,cleaning and cooking breakfast, preparing lunch assisting with using bathroom and preparing for lunch, prepare food for dinner. I learned to give bed bath, change the client if they soil themselves feed the client, change sheets ect. the manage ment was good. the co-worker are nice. the most enjoyable part is you get to help people.
Not Fair
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexable work hours
Cons: not enough hours
they do not have job security or advancement. You don't get the pay you should for the work you do. No benefits. You don't get enough hours. And no paid training.
Hard working , willing to be trained , I am a good listener.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: hours are flexible
Cons: don't know if you have clients weekly, or if they are hospital or nursing home, not enough hrs.
I am a 38 year old Woman , never been married , but been with the same person since 2006, we plan on getting married in September 2015. I am A hard worker, I'm tedious at my job assignments , and complete them to the full, or a 110 %. My work values I put at the top of my list, and have pride doing my job. I'm not a crabby person, I am a very Happy Go Lucky person, and try my best to brighten up the most cloudiest of days. I always wear a smile ( it takes more muscles in your face to frown)I have lived in Dixon all my life, I have worked In fast food , and wasn't rewarding enough, so I went into the medical field. I enjoy taking care of people in general.
I love my job
Care Taker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work consist of servicing and assisting my clients as requested. I learned to be understanding of the elderly and what they go through due to their age. I have great managers that check in on the clients and myself every so often. My co-worker are good people. They're as dedicated to their job as I. The hardest part of my job is leaving my clients at the end of the shift. The most enjoyable part of the day and making my clients happy.
Have great customer service
Home Maker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: learning about medicine
Cons: physicians not meeting patients needs
A typical day at work I maintained an open communication between patients and physicians.Everyday I learned something new at a fast pace.
Medicaid Home Care Agency
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, INFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: no weekends for me.
Evaluate potential patients. Submit paperwork to Medicaid & orders to Physicians. Admit people to home care. After employees have passed a skills check off, that I am in charge of, place those HHA's in the homes to help patients with their ADL's & IADL's. Home Health Aides are periodically evaluated in the home to be certain things are going as they should.
Well Organized staff
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2015
My cilents are very nice and respectful as well as my supervisor.
Supervisors are always prepared to help you find the right client and nieghborhood for you. In service class information is very productive and useful throughout your normal work day.
over all i really liked working at help at home.
Homecare Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: the older people
Cons: no breaks
I helped older adults who need assistance. On a typical day at work I would do lite housekeeping, laundry, meal prep, and companionship. usually I would have to check in daily with my supervisor. I usually worked alone. the hardest part was at the end of my work day I would have to leave and that would have me wondering if my client was ok at home. The most enjoyable part was just to see a smile on my clients face.
Home Sitter Companion
HSC - Homemaker, Sitter, Companion (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long hours, little pay
A typical day at work includes insuring the safety of your charge.

I have learned that every day is a gift. Health is most important.

Management needs to pay more attention to their employees needs.

There is little interaction among co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is sitting for 12 hours with little else to do.

The most enjoyable part is know that I can help to make a person's day more enjoyable.
Productive environment and hardworking co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: interacting with clients
Cons: short traveling time to each clients house
A typical day at work is going to my clients house giving showers, shaving, and dressing. Helping caregivers with anything they may be running behind on. I love interacting with my clients and caring for them. Just seeing the smiles on their face letting them know that you care for their well being.
a company that provides in-home services
RN Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: was able to make my own schedule
Cons: patients not being home when arriving for scheduled appointments
Worked as the head nurse supervising RN/LPN staff nurses. Assigned patients between nursing staff. Was employee health nurse performing general health assessments and annual PPD. In charge of filling out doctors orders and having them signed by the doctors to comply with state regulations. Performed patient health assessments, med set up, diabetic nail care, and monitored skin conditions. Performed annual and biannual state assessments.
Homemaker
Homemaker (Current Employee), Wood River, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Go into the homes of the elderly to assist them with their Activities of Daily Living, assist with chores around the house, assist with errands.
Scheduling Supervisor
Lead Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 27, 2015
I am the lead supervisor of a home care agency. We employ 75 personal care assistants and certified nursing assistants to go into the home of the elderly and disabled and assist with daily activities. Each day I deal with scheduling, resolving conflicts, filing, multiple phone calls and anything else that may come up. I am great at multitasking and very organized and this is what enables me to perform to the best of my ability.
- Excellent clinical, customer service and communication skills. - Knowledge of medical terminology and infection control standards. - K
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJanuary 26, 2015
• Maintain patients’ records and files as per the facility’s standard operating procedures.
• Rotate patients every 2 hour and toileting support
• Change linen daily while providing high quality care in nursing- home setting
• Maintain friendly approach while being compassionate and caring for resident
• Preserved patient dignity and minimize discomfort while carrying out duties such as bedpan changes, diapering,
emptying drainage bags and bathing
helping others when needed.
Personal/Home Care Aide (Former Employee), Moline, ILJanuary 21, 2015
going to elderly homes and performing duties that they weren't able to perform... keeping them company.
nice place to work
CAREGIVER HELP AT HOME (Current Employee), Wheeling, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Love help people,good management.Sometimes you have to fine communication whith clients .
CNA
CNA (Former Employee), Worth, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Assist Clients inside and outside their home. Light household cleaning, take clients to doctor appointments.
Good enviroment
file clerk (Current Employee), chicago il/ downtownJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: long lunch
A place to make money, until something better comes along. The pay rate is just ok but not enough to maintain
I felt that I made a big difference in my clients life.
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Love working with Help@Home clients, its so rewarding to be able to put a big smile on the elderly. A typical day at work attend to the clients needs, cleaning, cooking, bathing, errands. Sometimes my client just wants to talk.

I have learned that people in general like to be heard and taken into account what they have to say.

Management was very organized and always had meetings to make sure there were no problems, with the clients.

I did not have any co-workers at this company, in my previous companies my co-workers were great. Still talk to a few of my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was losing one of my clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to give my client joy,

1 2 3 4 5

About Help at Home, Inc.

Help At Home, Inc. is a home care agency committed to enhancing the quality of life for our clients and providing a viable alternative – Read more

Help at Home, Inc. Photos