Help at Home Employee Reviews

Meet alot of wonderful people.
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 19, 2017
This is a great entry level gig into the medical industry. I met a lot of people who needed the assistance of a care giver. The most challenging part of this job was not getting to attached to the patients. When consistently care for someone you become attached to them.
Caring for people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 18, 2017
If you like taking care of people then this is a good job. The clients you take care of become a part of your life and you get close to them. The bad thing is having to bounce around from place to place. You have several clients each day and have to be able to move from place to place.
Needs lots of improvement
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2017
Low pay, Low hours...High turn over. Just something to do when you have no job at all. Needs to work on pay, hours, and timesheet retrieval shouldn't have to call in and take time sheets downtown. Needs timesheet to be emailed in.
Great place to work! Love my manager and supervisors
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 13, 2017
The clients for the most part are wonderful. As long as you are there to truly work and do your job, it’s an amazing place. Minimum supervision, bosses that listen, even if it’s personal and you just need an ear. Hours are great and really work around my life schedule when needed. I love to help people and you can tell that this is the company goal from my manager and other office staff.
Pros
Compassionate company of their staff and clients
Cons
Better yearly raises
Not medical related
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Metropolis, ILOctober 12, 2017
When I first applied to this company, I thought it was a home health agency. They never told me otherwise, even knowing what I was looking for. This is a company that pays you to go cook and clean for residents who can not do it all themself.
Cons
No communication within, and they do not let you know what you are walking into with each resident.
Where do I begin?
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GA 31217October 12, 2017
Some of the clients are really nice but management is horrible. Extremely late with clients and unorganized. I wouldn't suggest working there. I really dislike how they also call in the middle of the night. I was supposed to work just in my area. They have me traveling 30+ miles for a client when they have other people who work in that area. I would not suggest working here.
Pros
Meeing nice people
Cons
A lot. No milage for certain counties that you did not ask for, smoking clients, management is unorganized, continuously calling even in the middle of the night.
Good company
Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Winchester, INOctober 10, 2017
I have worked for help at home for over 8 yrs.Very happy with my coworkers and benefits.I case managed over 25 clients currently I maintain chart audits, confidenital files,medication management,patient teaching,medicaid authorizations, communication skills,supervise LPN and home health aides.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
travel
Nice place to work where we could work with a variety of people. Also great snacks at meetings.
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 10, 2017
A typical day was pleasant due to meeting a lot of nice people.

I learned the importance of great customer service.

Management could have utilized more assistance with organization and with overall moral within the initial workplace office site.

The workplace culture seemed to be an environment of compassion, relatability, genuineness, and empathy.

The most difficult part of the job was if there was a loss of a senior client that we provided home care services to.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning knowledge from our senior clients, listening to funny stories, and getting to work around their pets.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Low pay and not enough hours
Caring for patients, aiding in daily living skills
Assist developmentally Challenged (Former Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 10, 2017
It was a great place to work. Assisting others with disabilities was very rewarding. It could be stressful at times due to client behaviors, but also very challenging, which made work interesting.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Rarely any breaks, client behaviors
Good Company
Direct Care Staff/Transportation (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 9, 2017
Good company to work for mostly. The clients are great people to work with but the pay could have been better. Flexible hours were a bonus especially if you need nights
Hard to Contact your mananger.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 9, 2017
When out on the job and i needed to contact my manager it was difficult to contact her. She never gave me a different number that wasn't just her desk. I just had to hope she was at her desk to answer my questions or conserns.
An alright company to work for when you have younger children
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2017
Flexible schedule but very unorganized and poor management at times. Low wages and management can make your job very stressful at times due to mistakes on their end.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Poor management and unfair wages
overall
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 3, 2017
Overall this is a good company to work for. The supervisors that you work with are nice and they make whenever there is a problem that is is taken care of. However, they don't have any benefits, not paid training no paid vacation time. Don't pay enough for the work that you do.
Pros
good company
Cons
low pay
great company
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INOctober 1, 2017
They are really caring about there staff and clients and always willing to work with you on hours. They take necessary time to train you and to make sure you understand.
I like working for this company it has made me feel different about elderly people.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 27, 2017
Working for this company was a eye opener,it has made me to learn how to have patience and understanding what elderly people go through, and how they feel about different situation I know when I get older I will have a different look on life like some of the clients I had.
Fun an great ppl you meet
Home maker (Current Employee) –  ILSeptember 27, 2017
Been working here 14years nice ppl but not to many hr's an little pay. Need something better, over the years i worked an the elderly get sick an pass away. If a client pass away its hard to pick up on a new client. I would be out of work for a will without pay. Until i can get a new client. If the hours aren't right the pay isn't an i really need both to keep my bills paid. I have 2children to take care of.
out dated systems, over complicated methods and processes
Cash Applications specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2017
i started as a temp and was initially glad to be a part of the team. its a great company. However they need a complete new culture! there is a HUGE separation between powers and very little encouragement or impartation from upper management.
not a bad place to work but lacks hours sometimes
Field Staff (Current Employee) –  Moline, IL 61265September 26, 2017
I enjoy the clients but need steady hours. If they could get the hours up when clients go to hospital or are sick I would be happier. Sometimes they short you travel time and mileage so you have to track it yourself. If you don't work a holiday it take 2 paychecks to get paid (paid biweekly)
Pros
the clients
Cons
call offs clients sick
It's really hard work and not getting paid enough the company was getting more then us the workers who was actually working hard Day and night'
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CASeptember 23, 2017
Hard work for us but yet the management was getting most of the percentage. I wouldn't care about pay and I would help even for free if I could but if money is given make sure it goes to the right workers that are out in the field working hard then to give to someone who isn't in the files.
Pros
Love the clients
Cons
Not enough pay
Eh
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 21, 2017
Help At Home does not like to listen to the staff that work with individuals. Especially in supported living homes. Staff will call with concerns and they are dismissed. Staff are overworked in many places, while managerial staff will do anything not to help. Turn over is high in both office and field.
Pros
great clients, ability to love and care for them
Cons
office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Help at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9