HELP USA

HELP USA Employer Reviews

Learning Experience
Housing Specialist / Case Manager (Former Employee), Bronx New YorkDecember 25, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: client movement
Going into this job i was clear that I want to save everyone on my case load, finding them exactly what they wanted in their lives ie housing jobs vocation ect. I would go home with a mission that everyone deserves their dream. As I grew with this company I realized that there was no way to save people that truly didn't want to be saved. I started to get frustrated when we would assist these woman and move them along and within months find them back in the system. Now it was time to do my job and follow the directives of the system and move the woman into housing and allow the woman to save themselves.As I love working to help and assist people. Iv'e learned to do my job and allow individuals that I serve to work on their bigger dream as they move on through life
It's a job...that's the only good thing I can say
Safety Monitor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 19, 2014
If you can tolerate an environment where the staff constantly gossips about other staff, with both co-workers AND CLIENTS, then maybe this is the place for you. There is NO support from management...they will leave you hanging out to dry! There's NO communication or respect amongst the staff! The clients are treated POORLY by staff members. I could go on and on, and bit have one good thing to say about this place. If you're in desperate need of a job and are offered one here, then take it. Otherwise, don't do it to yourself.
No Job Security
Housing Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2014
If your looking for a career that has security and growth well don't apply for any position at this organization
Elementary School
Case Manager/Employment Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
Luv working with children. Some co-workers were very supportive. Most enjoyable part teaching math to elementary students.
fun place
safety monitor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 6, 2014
Cons: low pay
i enjoyed my time at mcdonalds it was cool an gave me work exp. in different places overall good starter job
Amazing
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2014
Pros: promotions
Cons: short breaks
I Just Love This place, I would Come here anytime. The people who work here are just amazing respectful and amazing.
Job is interesting
Case Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 19, 2014
Pros: helping families secure a safe place that they can call home and sustain themselves
Cons: work place environment
Depends on what day it is or how Administration feels that day .You can sit in a 4 hour meeting and never get to keep your scheduled appointments with clients but yet the days work must be handed in for the day.This location is ran very unprofessional.
The HELP USA site I was employed has no effeciency management precision in decision attributes or contributes principles.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2014
Pros: the pros at this site taking pride of my position, work ethics, and me as a shift supervisor focusing on assisting the clients with their essentials.
Cons: the cons is poor management in non-making/making irractical decisions.
A typical day at work for me will be defined as unsettled with work exhaustion constantly doing overtime. Due to the fact in somewhat a non-reliable safety staff for the most part of my shift, shift supervisors and safety staff has a high volume of call-outs. As a Shift Supervisor I had experienced employed at HELP - 107th Employment: chaos, unstabilization, selfishness, non-sympathy and empathy staff towards the clients and amongst each other. That's just some of the undetained management oversee code of conduct for this site.
Learning environment
Case Manager/Clerical/Director Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: limited resources
A typical day at work can be very challenging. I feel bless by having the opportunity to assist other people in providing help and assistance to what ever their questions and needs are. I've learned that patience is a gift and an individual providing customer services of any type must have it. The hardest part of the job is when you have limited resources to help others. I have great communication with co-workers, no matter how hard can be we always find the way to team with each others to sucess. I enjoy and love working with people, having the ability to assist its what I love the most.
Men Shelter 234 men Next Step
Team Leader/Housing Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 16, 2013
Team work was stressed and the days were long. Staff was trained monthly on the new policies and procedure as per DHS.
acceptable
Maintenance/Porter (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 7, 2013
the enviroment is okay. management is horrible. co-workers are understandable and able to work with, and one thing i enjoy was cleaning the building.
Assisting Homeless Families
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2013
I have learned alot working for a non-for-profit organization, it is a learning experience, challenging but worth the hard work when you assisting families that are less fortunate than others.
fun work place
Internship (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch
i didn't stay here long cause i had move but i enjoy working and playing with the kids.
i didn't have a hard time the kids was good to me and made me comfortable pretty fast.
excellent service provider , victim of budget cuts.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee), BX NYAugust 13, 2013
Learned a great deal about teamwork, program operations and planning. I was blessed to work and interact with some very smart and forward thinking people.
Unsatisfactory WorkPlace
Caseworker (Former Employee), Brooklyn New YorkJuly 21, 2013
Cons: you have to clock out and work on your own time
It's hard work and you get used to it. Won't you won't adjust to are the incessant meetings that disrupt your work schedule that include a 20 point repetitive agenda and the staff who are unprofessional and management who curse at you in the meetings. The clients don't get half of the support or advocacy they deserve because you are too busy being told "get them out of here!" Male security sleeping with the clients and the pay doesn't justify the after work hours you put in and no comp time.
the staff have attitude
Rapid Rehousing Case Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 2, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: no
staff are not friendly and it a uncomfortable environment to work in.
ENJOYABLE CO-WORKERS
Case Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 13, 2013
Pros: generous supervisor and director & joyful atmosphere
Cons: a bit of a walk from the train/subway
Recognized for the work you do daily
Supervisors encourage you to pursue your education in order to qualify future advancement
Safety Monitor/ Asst Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: had the best bosses in the the shelter and resident bldg
Cons: pay isnt that good, it took me a year to get my benifets
In the Shelter:
Very busy, lot of paperwork and have to deal with a lot of personailities
In the Resident Building:
Very quiet, little to no paperwork
I learned: how to deal with diffiferent people and this company helped me get many training for my future
Coworkers: Most are teamworkers
Hardest Pt: in the shelter so many complaints about the littlest things. Ungrateful.
Enjoyable Pt: Having the best coworkers on my team
Its a good example for maintenance
Maintenance /Porter (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: u learn different thing
I have learned how to plaster and maintain a whole building by myself. My Co-worker was fun to be with.
FAMILY ORIENTED
Administrative Assistant/Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 22, 2012
SOMETIMES STRESSFUL . BUT IT IS WORTH IT ONCE PEOPLE ARE HELPED