HELP Employee Reviews in United States

Help/psi
Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 5, 2016
This was a diverse and energetic surrounding. Full of cultured people. I learned to work freely and enjoy new personal differences. The management team were great, and skillful when dealing with situations that involved understanding mental and physical disabilities. My co-workers were outstanding. The hardest thing about this job was adjusting to hardship. The most valuable part of this job was seeing people united this build the company.
Pros
There were company trips and company ensentives
Cons
There were no health coverage benefits.
I didn't have any health benefits available to me and there were no advancements available for me
RN NURSE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 13, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the clientele (mentally disabled). They were for the most part, a real delight to be around and most of the time it didn't even feel like a job when they were around. For them, life was the simple things and to see their faces when they brought home their paychecks even for a few dollars for 2 weeks of work was something everyone should see. I only worked pat-time and my hours were usually very flexible as to when I went as long as I put in my time. I was salary but I would often work many hours without pay just because it would be quiet or to help out. I will really miss some aspects of this job.
Pros
The pleasure of being with the individuals I served
Cons
I didn't always have access to my desk when I needed it
Like working there
landscaping/construction (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 20, 2016
I paint, lay tools out, sand walls and clean off the tools. I enjoy working for this company. Help is a program that give homeless people the opportunity to make money to provide the things that they need
Pros
fast past, learn new skills and good team members
Cons
being on call sometimes
No Experience with this
Technical Assistance Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 9, 2015
I have had no dealings with "Help", so I have no opinion on this topic.

STOP forcing me to write this! I don't care about it!!!
Pros
New to me
Cons
Takes up time
H.E.L.P. is a great and productive place to work.
Intern (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILMay 18, 2015
H.E.L.P. Healing and Empowering Learning Professionals) is a great place to work. Although I am only an intern, my supervisor has been great. H.E.L.P. I have learned how to manage the following:

• Case Management
• Social Skills Training
• Develop positive behavior plan for today’s youth
• Psychological and Personality Testing
• Individual and Group Therapy
• Consultation
• Monitoring Client Progress
• Conflict Resolution
Pros
Understanding and flexible supervisor
Great Business
Labor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 3, 2015
Help is a Business owned by my Father. Help is based of Heat. Electric. Lighting. Plumbing. It Was my first job with great pay.
Phenomenal & progressive school, leading the field in research and administration of special education pedagogy.
Teacher, Special Education (Former Employee) –  Sherman oaks, CaApril 22, 2015
The HELP Group is the largest and best non-public school for children with behavioral and developmental disabilities. It serves children of pre-school to high school age, and the step down program serves adolescents until the age of 22. It has an outpatient program to offer continued social skills and vocational training. I taught there for approximately ten years in both Bridgeport school and Sunrise school in both elementary and high school classrooms that held 10-13 students with mild to severe autism and emotional disturbance. I gained profound knowledge and experience in behavioral modification, social skills pedagogy, and Pavlovian and operant reinforcement/conditioning. I developed forbearance and steadfast patient. I am judicious and deliberative. I am passionate about education, especially with underserved, and undermined, populations. I am exuberant about public and social service, and teaching is by far the number one way to be of service, and develop a youth for our society that is not selfish, but active and grateful.
Pros
The children. The teachers. The passion.
Cons
Administration's focus on money hindered classroom services.
great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 30, 2015
Heavy work flow but not crazy. calls comes in in waves. thinking fast on your feet love the people that work there they have so much wisdom.
HELP/PSI is an amazing place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
HELP/PSI is home to an amazing culture, workforce, leadership and an array of special projects. Typically, a day at HELP/PSI never repeats, instead our skill set is made to be flexible to accommodate an ever changing landscape in the office.

Management is superb, though our C-suite is just as busy as any other company's, our Chief's go out of their way to speak to not only the 600+ staff members but also our clients. Management encourages all to seek advancement, to challenge ourselves and to have fun. Our leadership at HELP/PSI is welcoming, friendly and overall phenomenal; the same can be said about coworkers.

The most difficult part of my current job is going home at the end of the day. If I can get just one more thing done at the end of the day, to make the next day get off to a fresh start then I will stay until the job is done. My Chief is so motivating that I never want to let him down, instead I want to surprise him by being two steps ahead.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the networking, challenges and technology. What I have learned is the most important and that is to "Deliver WOW! Quality Service!"
Pros
atmosphere, experience, flexibility
Focuses on providing WOW quality service.
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 16, 2014
A typical day at work for me consist of calling clients' to coordinating services such as home care, housing, transportation, scheduling medical and mental health appointments and so on. Conducting home visits when necessary and completing assessment of clients' well being and addressing any concerns. Communicating with medical and mental health providers to obtain information necessary to complete care plans for the clients'.
My co-workers are great team players and aim to provide the best service possible to every client they encounter.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to locate a client or when a client relapses and is not adhering to medical advise.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a difference and helping the clients' reach their goals.
Pros
being able to work well with minimal supervision
Cons
field work
Bogus
Truth Teller (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 16, 2014
Freshman Admissions Advisor with Advanced Technology Institute- SUCH A LIE!

Unless you want to work in sales and do NOTHING but travel and put miles on YOUR car, don't apply for that position. It is inaccurately represented on this site and should be taken down. Applying for that job was a monumental waste of time.

If you still choose to apply, expect the person who calls you for your email address so they can EMAIL you to set up a phone interview (??) to be rude and pushy. During the phone interview, don't even attempt to have a personality or sense of humor; it won't be received well, as the interviewer is bland and boring. After you answer 10 of the most generic interviewing questions ever written, prepare yourself to hear the truth about the position. The truth is that you'll be responsible for an area of your state. Your responsibilities actually include driving to a student's house and interviewing them in their home. (Because going to a technical college is somehow equivalent to a student athlete being recruited by a legitimate school.) Don't think you'll be working a normal 8-5 in an office. Oh, no. You'll be working from home and on everyone else's schedule. See, the problem with going to the student's home to interview them is you have to be on THEIR time, not yours. You have to schedule these appointments when they are free. So, expect to work from about 2-10 pm. Oh, and when you're not travelling for interviews, you will have a quota for cold calls to solicit people with more bogus information about this "institution". If you aren't comfortable lying to people,
  more... don't bother with this place. They'll try to win you over by promising you freedom to create your own schedule and Apple products... then they'll tell you how much of your time this job really requires (at laughable pay) and that the Apple products you're given are Big Brothered to the nth degree. They record EVERYTHING YOU DO.

If you happen to make it past the phone interview for a sit down interview, expect to drop everything so you can TRAVEL (yet, again). For a position in Roanoke, Virginia, I was expected to drive to Virginia Beach for a 30 minute sit down interview. ON MY DIME. If this position hadn't been such a scam from the beginning, it probably wouldn't have bothered me as much; make a long weekend at the beach out of a job opportunity, no big deal. But the fact that the job was SO FAR from what was advertised... just no.

I'm sure working for Skyline College itself is perfectly wonderful. But any position advertised with Advanced Technology Institute is a joke. Be careful.
Pros
absolutely nothing that isn't grossly overshadowed by it's accompanying con
Cons
everything. run.
Oversee the opeartion of the entire agency in multiple locations
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
•Served on executive team and oversee a health care operation comprised of three Adult Day Health Centers, three primary care clinics and a 66 bed residential health care facility of a $24 million AIDS service organization based in the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn
•Developed and implemented strategic planning, fundraising and new programmatic initiatives for sustainable organizational growth
•Successfully expanded the agency’s three Diagnostic and Treatment Centers and converted a deficit departing to 9 million surplus generating department
•Implemented the agency’s three primary care clinics from CON approval to 2 million revenue generating department, including New York State Article 28 approval for psychiatric services
•Successfully reorganized the operations of the COBRA case management program and converted from deficit to surplus generating 4 million department
•Administered and expanded the agency’s marketing and outreach program
•Developed and implemented new programs, such as a Medicaid managed care Special Needs Plan, after care program and a new volunteer program
•Supervised department heads and coordinate agency activities with the President and CEO
Very flexible.
Freedomhouse Director/Displaced CaseWorker (Former Employee) –  Wentworth, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Very flexible place to work. Very stressful and demanding.
I like to play chess
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 3, 2013
I work for a community Based Organization serviceing clients in community districts 5,7,6,and 8.
Pros
i enjoy providing effective service to clients in need
Cons
it can be some what frustrating when working with multiple scocial services
help Homeless families obtain housing
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2012
set individual goals and benchmarks for obtaining housing and help families in the shelter system