Helpers

Helpers Employer Reviews

Home Care Supervisor
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 25, 2014
A typical day would consist of coordination with other medical departments; including state regulated program under license. Management was great, the co-workers were very passionate about providing quality care.
Great pay and easy work
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2014
Great way to work through school and learn about future careers in the health industry

Work with days needed off

very team oriented
love the elderly
SENIOR HELPERS (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2014
I loved every client I had and wanted to keep them all. the bad part was that at time there was no work at all and that effected my job security
Enjoy my job, wonder people. Love my patients.
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), Florence, KYJune 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: raises???
Senior Helpers is a part time job. I enjoy my management team they are wonderful people. A typical day at work is caring for my patients by; Providing in home senior care; attend to the individual needs of residents which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, – more... transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating and or other needs in keeping with individuals' care requirements. Responsible for contributing to the care planning and provide quality care to residents by providing individualized attention to attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being. – less
Good
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), Hendersonville, TNJune 7, 2014
Pros: meeting a lot of new people.
Cons: working with the elderly and the pass away.
The office staff is always there to help. I have taken care of a lot of different residents in their homes and have learned small things from them. How to cook a certain meal, how to fix a certain object.
Family Friendly
Homecare Provider (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 5, 2014
Developing relationships with family that have a child with a disability. Providing variety level of care for the child.
Hit or miss
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 9, 2014
Cons: not enough client in the area to staff
Was promised work and then 1 client and nothing for days.
Management was great and very professional.
The hardest part of the job was not having enough work.
The ability to care for the client I did have.
It's a great company but you never have a set schedule and it's constantly changing their office staff.
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJApril 7, 2014
Pros: you get paid for the mileage you use while with the client, if you take them anywhere.
Cons: never knowing who is in the office, as far as management when you need to speak to someone due to the turn over in office staff.
I loved working with the clients and their families. I never had co-workers at this company because I was a caregiver in the clients' homes. The hardest part of the job was the wear and tear on my personal vehicle and not getting paid for traveling over an hour to get to certain clients. Some of the management, while I was an employee, were very rude – more... in my opinion. – less
Good
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 30, 2014
02/2013 - Current Senior Helpers Richardson, TX
Caregiver
 Trained in ambulatory assistance throughout rehabilitation therapy
 Specialized in Cerebral Palsy, working with one client. Received caregiver of the month
 Learned physical needs with a client that does equine therapy
Rewarding, new, changing
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Greenfield, INFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: schedule, clients, location
Cons: medical stress, labor intensive
I loved working with senior helpers and I had a patient that was more than amazing and taught me more than I tried to teach them. Sadly I had to end my job when my mother became ill, however that time has passed and I'm ready to jump back in.
Compassionate and well rounded environment
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Provided companionship
Assisted clients with ambulation
Performed light housekeeping, meal planning, toileting, bathing, laundry, shopping and errands, etc.
Enjoyed being a role model for twins
❸ Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: worked well with my school schedule, enjoyed doing activities with the children.
Cons: long hours during the summer
I was handed down this position from another student, and hired through Helpers Inc. Staff at Helpers were always able to answer any questions I had.

I helped with after school and summer care for two twins. One had Hunter's Syndrome and had a tracheotomy. It was my responsibility to make sure he was medically safe as well as helping complete homework, – more... discipline, meals, and fun activities for them to do.

I learned how to manage children with and without a disability, to promote sociability, and age appropriate activities.

My co-workers consisted of the children's father, a nurse, and another student.

The children were really well behaved, and did not need much disciplining. However the hardest part of my job was disciplining and being consistant. – less
Fun and productive working environment.
Helper/Caretaker (Current Employee), Olathe, KSJanuary 20, 2014
My days where full of helping a student with special needs with his every day tasks. Such as college (JCCC), work (Walgreen's) and his daily needs.
Well established company that serves a great purpose.
caregiver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2014
I enjoy every aspect of my job at senior helpers. Its a great company ran by a professional group of people.
I loved the clients that I worked with and to be able to keep them in thier homes
Personal Care Workder (Current Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: the wonderful clients
Cons: no benefits and never sure what schedule was week to week sometimes day to day
I have been doing live in overnights for the last 3 months. assisted clients with bathing, dressing, toileting, meal planning, medication reminders, laundry, housekeeping, running errands. Taking clients to Doctor Appointments as well as other appointments. Got along very good with co workers and management.
The hardest part of the job was seeing how – more... frustrated clients were when they couldnt complete tasks. Most enjoyable was seeing clients smile when they could complete tasks. – less
Responsible for Direct Patient care
Home Health Care Provider (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2013
Duties: Prioritized patient daily care according to individual needs; Assisted patients with daily routines, such as bathing, dressing, meal preparation; Maintained and set up medication reminders, Performed incontinent care, ambulation assistance, transferred & repositioned according to the patient's needs; Ensured all patients' safety by charting/documenting – more... all the care provided.
I enjoyed getting to have the same patients on a regular basis & getting to know them – less
Positive work environment.
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCNovember 7, 2013
I didn't spend much time in an office setting being that it was a Home Healthcare business, but I did meet some really great people and it was a very rewarding job.
Great place to work!
Caregiver (Former Employee), Greenwood, INOctober 17, 2013
I met a lot of great people working here and learned a lot about caring for people.
Great job if you love helping others
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Traverse City, MISeptember 27, 2013
Pros: learning about new people and becoming part of their family
Cons: some times you do have to deal with death. its a part of life and aprt of the job
A typical day includes cleaning (light housework) and enjoyable conversation with elderly people who depend on you to help them with daily living skills so that they can continue to stay living in their own homes for as long as possible
Great place to learn how to do your job with alittle fun involved
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), overland park ksSeptember 24, 2013
There was never a bad day at work, i absolutly loved it. I grew to charis the family i helped out. The scheduals where so fitting to my already busy college life especially when finals where around the corner. I grew so much with the kids i worked with, taught me alot about how to interact with kids whom have special needs. We had lots of fun learning – more... some of the basics of human life skills, of course we had our moments, but staying calm and collected helped keep them from " dropping off the deep end"
If i didnt have to move i would work there regardless of the pay. – less

1 2 3

About Helpers

Senior Helpers was founded to provide caring assistance for the senior in need and to help relieve the stress of the family members – Read more