Helpers

Helpers Employer Reviews

Calm Environment
Caregiver/Med Aide (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work started out giving the child i was taking care of her daily medicine then i would bathe and cloth her and that was a regular routine
Great supervisor
House Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: none noticed
I LEARNED ALOT AT THIS JOB. IT THOUGHT ME ALOT HOW TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY. GREAT TEAM ENVIRONMENT.
Helping Elderly
Caregiver (Former Employee), Northglenn, CONovember 5, 2014
Pros: working jobs and hours i choose
Cons: finding i was sent to places i shouldn't have been
In home caregiver for elderly, enjoy learning what they have to teach and just being around them
Loved the clients
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNOctober 24, 2014
Pros: the clients
Cons: loss of the clients
Working with Alzheimer's and dementia clients was rewarding. I learned a lot at this job about how clients react.
The hardest part of this job was saying goodbye when they passed.
The best part of the job was working with these people who were so much a part of the community.
Fun workplace
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), Cordova, TNOctober 21, 2014
Great job, boss, co-workers. I love working with elderly people to help them want they need help with.
Great Company to work for
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILOctober 9, 2014
The company is great. They work with your schedule. A wonderful staffing team. It is just sometimes they don't have a lot of work assignments.
Awesome
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: none really
I loved this job for i got to watch two little buddies grow and learn after doctors told us there was a chance that they would not survive. They sure proved those doctors wrong.
Too much travel
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Loved the work and owners. Too much travel. The owners very willing to work with employees
Love the one on one relationship/ companionship
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), Kent, WASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: the laughter we have daily
Cons: lots of driving and no benefits, low wages
Assist each client with daily ADL's; light house cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, set up Dr. appointments as well as commute them to and from appointments and errands. companionship: talking, laughing, reading and play games. Plan and make daily healthy meals. medication reminders. Document daily events for cliental's medical insurance. Assist with daily PT/ ROM exercises, OT/Speech therapy lessons, ambulation,eating, dressing, bath rooming, personal hygiene. Communicate with family and Dr.'s.
Preserve the clients dignity, independence and encourage healthy living attributes and communication with others.
Home Care Supervisor
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 25, 2014
A typical day would consist of coordination with other medical departments; including state regulated program under license. Management was great, the co-workers were very passionate about providing quality care.
Great pay and easy work
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2014
Great way to work through school and learn about future careers in the health industry

Work with days needed off

very team oriented
love the elderly
SENIOR HELPERS (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2014
I loved every client I had and wanted to keep them all. the bad part was that at time there was no work at all and that effected my job security
Enjoy my job, wonder people. Love my patients.
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), Florence, KYJune 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: raises???
Senior Helpers is a part time job. I enjoy my management team they are wonderful people. A typical day at work is caring for my patients by; Providing in home senior care; attend to the individual needs of residents which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating and or other needs in keeping with individuals' care requirements. Responsible for contributing to the care planning and provide quality care to residents by providing individualized attention to attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
Good
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), Hendersonville, TNJune 7, 2014
Pros: meeting a lot of new people.
Cons: working with the elderly and the pass away.
The office staff is always there to help. I have taken care of a lot of different residents in their homes and have learned small things from them. How to cook a certain meal, how to fix a certain object.
Family Friendly
Homecare Provider (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 5, 2014
Developing relationships with family that have a child with a disability. Providing variety level of care for the child.
Hit or miss
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 9, 2014
Cons: not enough client in the area to staff
Was promised work and then 1 client and nothing for days.
Management was great and very professional.
The hardest part of the job was not having enough work.
The ability to care for the client I did have.
It's a great company but you never have a set schedule and it's constantly changing their office staff.
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJApril 7, 2014
Pros: you get paid for the mileage you use while with the client, if you take them anywhere.
Cons: never knowing who is in the office, as far as management when you need to speak to someone due to the turn over in office staff.
I loved working with the clients and their families. I never had co-workers at this company because I was a caregiver in the clients' homes. The hardest part of the job was the wear and tear on my personal vehicle and not getting paid for traveling over an hour to get to certain clients. Some of the management, while I was an employee, were very rude in my opinion.
Good
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 30, 2014
02/2013 - Current Senior Helpers Richardson, TX
Caregiver
 Trained in ambulatory assistance throughout rehabilitation therapy
 Specialized in Cerebral Palsy, working with one client. Received caregiver of the month
 Learned physical needs with a client that does equine therapy
Rewarding, new, changing
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Greenfield, INFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: schedule, clients, location
Cons: medical stress, labor intensive
I loved working with senior helpers and I had a patient that was more than amazing and taught me more than I tried to teach them. Sadly I had to end my job when my mother became ill, however that time has passed and I'm ready to jump back in.
Compassionate and well rounded environment
Senior Helpers (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Provided companionship
Assisted clients with ambulation
Performed light housekeeping, meal planning, toileting, bathing, laundry, shopping and errands, etc.

1 2 3

About Helpers

Senior Helpers connects professional caregivers with seniors who wish to live at home as opposed to a nursing or assisted living – Read more

Helpers Salaries