Helping Hands Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great first step into the health field
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHOctober 25, 2017
Helping Hands is a great position to be in for anyone who cares for people. It's a great starting position in the health field or a good part time job.
Team Players
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 9, 2017
Helping Hand was a productive team of workers. Everyone was considered a team player. They had an amazing staff, who cared and loved their patients. Being on a floor with 15 patients to attend to wasn't an easy task because each person had different personalities. The easiest part of the job is making rounds with the less difficult patients.
Pros
long lunch break
Cons
no health coverage
it was fun spending time with the patients had three in total
Provider (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXSeptember 22, 2017
daily I would take care of my mom that was my job duty it was awesome bath n give her hr pills very calm and patient place no noise no kids just the patient and of course cooking everyday sometimes weekends
Pros
na
Cons
na
Horrible $9 a hour
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2017
Unprofessional and the pay sucks dont waste your time, they take you through hoops and ladders just to offer very low unlivable pay. Would not recommend this hha agency they will never go up on pay-rate even tho they can afford to
not organized
HHA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2017
while learning more about cna was fun going into houses without knowing what to expect and having to drive to many houses in one day was not worth it, the pay sucks and they don't pay much for gas
Cna
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with Helping Hands. they always made sure I got the amount of hours I wanted for work. Their clients were very nice and easy to work with.
I enjoyed my time working with helping hands. Helping my elderly residents have also given me the chance to gain different skills.
Home Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 9, 2017
Working at Helping Hands have given me the opportunity to also better myself in a different work environment. I have learned a lot of things that I know that I can use in my near future to better myself like patience and time management I've learned both of those working in the environment of Helping Hands and I really appreciate all the skills and the time I have learned working there.
Pros
great skills, great employees, great work environment, great residences
Cons
I really can't think of a con that really stands out to me, only because I have had a great time working at Helping Hands
Snippy and disorganized
hhc worker (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 17, 2017
Management and clerical very disorganized, no communication. Except for head nurse, this place seems to hire only millennials, and they aren't very concerned or considerate of their workers. When you ask questions, they get very snippy with you.
Pros
Cons
Attitudes of management
Love giving a hand
STNA HOME AIDE (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 15, 2017
They get right to business once you apply! Called the same day and started the following week! Very friendly environment which made me excited to start working. Assured would have great clientele to work for and if any problems there is someone there to help!
very disorganized
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2017
overall the job itself is a good job but as far as the company is very disorganized. The act as if they don't care not only for the certain clients but they don't care for their employers. they have a hard time with communicating
Pros
clients
Cons
disorganized

Want to know more about Helping Hands Healthcare?

Ask a question
Travel pay isnt what it should be
HHA - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 13, 2017
Compensation for travel was horrible. Most home health companies would have good compensation pay as well as hourly pay.. you start off with low pay and it takes at least a year to get a raise which isn't much.. And your travel times vary from day to day.
Pros
Works around ypur schedule, most people you interact with are great people
Cons
Low pay, low compensation and long travel times
n/a
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMay 4, 2017
I deal with atleast 4-5 clients a day. taking care of them, bathing them, cleaning their homes. the most enjoyable part was building a friendly relationship with my clients
supportive, dedicated, and caring staff and management
Home Health Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 2, 2017
A very pleasant place to work, I had excellent support from office staff and management to make my job easier. There was an effort to give each therapist his/her own territory, but occasionally I had to drive long distances between patients; however, I was paid a little extra for fuel costs for some of these patients. Many staff went above and beyond to care for their clients, and nurses usually responded quickly to my concerns for patients.
Pros
Reasonable pay, supportive management, culture of care
Cons
Occasional long drives between patients.
Nothing good to say
Aide Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2017
I did not like working for this company. The pay is horrible, you are not respected as an employee, the scheduling team don't know what they are doing, I would make appointments and plans around my work schedule they gave me and would end up having to cancel them because they would throw last minute clients on my work day. Then they would schedule my clients so close together I would not have time to stop and get lunch and if I did stop and get lunch or even brought my lunch I would be late to My next client which would put me late the rest of the day and everytime I mention this to them they would tell me why you have a 15-minute grease time to be late to your next clients house, then you get chewed out by your client for being late!
Pros
You don't have a boss constantly looking over your shoulder, which you can go to any in home health care and get.
Cons
Not enough time in between clients for a lunch break
Fun never know how the day may turn out
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2017
Provided basic medical care to patients. Assisted patients with daily chores. Assessed patient abilities and made care recommendations.
Communicated with patient family members on a regular basis.
Muy bueno
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2017
Mi consejo son estar seguro de cuándo uno quiere trabajar de Homecare aide es mucha responsabilidad y sobretodo hay q amar nuestro trabajo con las personas mayores de edad y sobretodo darle toda la ayuda que necesiten.a mi me gusta mi trabajo
Pros
Ningun
Cons
Ningún
For the most part good job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45241March 29, 2017
I've worked for Helping Hands for almost a year. If you want guaranteed hours than this is the job for you. If a client cancels, they will find you another one to make up the hours. You can pick your availability of the hours that you want to work. The only down side I have is sometimes they dont give you enough travel time to get to house to house and you dont have any breaks in your day to stop and get lunch or just have a break.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No breaks
Loved my clients. Don't like office.
HHA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 24, 2017
Clients complain all the time they don't know who or when the aide is coming. Then theres clients that should have maids.
They're all about the money
Pros
Making someone else happy.
Cons
Clients pay 63/hr helping hands yspays 9.50
Good Hours and pay friendly patients but staff lacks people skills
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Temperance, MIMarch 4, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was my clients, I enjoyed taking care of them helping them learn, helping them get better or just simply getting them to smile. Hardest part was not getting attached to these wonderful people.
Pros
Helping someone who cant help themselves
Cons
Staff was rude and did not have good bed side manor treated clients as if they was below them
Productive work place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 25, 2017
Its a great Organization if you have someone in your family with an illness and needs assistance. They actually take the time to hire someone that will actually assist you with your needs. Im glad to be apart of this organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4