Helping Hands

Helping Hands Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Stock Clerk/Sales Associate/Asst.Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 8, 2015
Pros: Short Hours but a lot of hours.
Cons: short breaks
Got trained to be a manager before I took up the opportunity to work at Helping Hands. Hardest part was unloading thousands of piece truck with just 1 or 2 guys helping me. But we always managed to do it. Never missed a single day of work. Worked for the same manager twice before.
Understaffed
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIJune 1, 2015
Large patient loads, which made for large days, always atleast one staff short on a hall. Work load was massive, management was far from the best. My coworkers was great! We all worked the best we could with what we had
Mild running company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: I am doing what i enjoy doing
Cons: not enough work
the most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to take care of some one who otherwise can't take care of themselves.. I like working for this company I just do not get enough hours so now I have to look somewhere else
Productive and fun workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 14, 2015
Pros: Cooking and eating together
Cons: Short breaks
My shift was in the morning and my job was to make breakfast give out showers,medication and get them dress. I learned how to be very patience with my clients.
Productive place to work, always learning new things
Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2015
My typical day at work is remodeling homes, learning new techniques, learnign new things, where the info i learned can used outside of work. The management is very respectable, and considerate, likes teaching others if they are willing to learn. My co-wprkers are vey nice and helpful, we all get along with each other. the hardest part of the job was sometimes carrying the heavy material. most enjoyable part ids when the work is finished I know that the person is satisfied.
My experience with Helping Hands
Wellness Director and Instructor (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 31, 2015
Helping Hands has been a great company to work for; Gregg, the owner is very passionate about teaching people how to save lives and is just an all around great guy.

Gregg runs a very professional business and is very respectful to me and to everyone he does business with.

The best thing about this job is that it is highly professional and there is no "office drama".
Fantastic Experience Working with Children
Tutor (Former Employee), Washington Woods Elementary SchoolMarch 22, 2015
Pros: fun, worked well with schedule, transportation provided
Cons: only met once a week
Before volunteering for the Youth Assistance Program, I had very little experience working with children. Every Thursday I would go to a local elementary school and work either one-on-one or in a small group of students. I have become confident in my abilities to teach them confidence, curiosity, and independence. The children really began to see me as a role model, and I am incredibly proud of that. We were overseen by elementary teachers and administration. I worked alongside other high school juniors and seniors. The hardest part of the job was coming up with new, inventive ways to explain concepts to the students, but in the end my hard work was rewarded. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students. I loved their energy and getting to know them individually.
(Former Employee
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 17, 2015
Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 12, 2015
I wouldn't say it a good place to work due to the fact that they mess up employees check stubs all time. I like the job due to the fact most of the time your traveling to different cities a lot. The co workers complained about the checks also. Most of the clients were nice and I enjoyed that part.
WONDERFUL COMPANY ALL AROUND
CSR (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 10, 2015
WONDERFUL COWORKERS - MANAGERS WHO ARE VERY CARING AN UNDERSTANDING. VERY FAST PACED AT TIMES WITH ROOM TO GROW WITH IN THE COMPANY.
Great place somehow at that time
House Monitor (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great place
Cons: poor maintenace
Before it disappear this one was a good place to work. This company change owner at this point of time. And was a learning process working with substance abuse population
help package food for the poor
volunteer (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 24, 2015
I volunteer 2 times per week, I do a variety of things to assist in the warehouse. We mark throkugh bar codes, carry groceries for customers and clean the facility after. I really like the team of helper there.
Health Information Technologist
Business Owner (Former Employee), Bowdon, GAFebruary 24, 2015
I am a Health Information Management Technologist with excellent research, time management and problem solving skills. I have the ability to function at a high level in a wide variety of settings.
Bad
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Not a Good company>. never really have hours available always call for 4 hour shifts and a bunch of waisted time.. never really call you back when calling about questions
Great Pay Scale
LVN Nurse (Former Employee), Jasper, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Shifts and Pay varied. Great way to gain experience in multiple departments and wide range of patients. Loved my boss and the things i learned working here.
n/a
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Responsible for assisting the elderly with their daily task in a in home setting.
I have acquired a new skills while employed with this company
home health aid
Caregiver (Former Employee), Perkiomenville, PAJanuary 12, 2015
I loved this job it made me feel like I made a big difference in peoples life's. I felt accomplished after each shift. I really enjoy working with people and always having something different to made the day go great.
Educating Individuals in Self Care
Owner (Current Employee), Newburyport, MADecember 28, 2014
Helping Hands is a company I began back in 2010 after leaving an agency where I worked preparing adolescent girls for independent living. I felt that there was a growing need in general to connect young women to their own inner resources and to help educate them in the areas of wellness and self care. Helping Hands offers clients a variety of small workshops, and Reiki certification classes. I have enjoyed serving people with a variety of needs and seeing them acquire skills that have a positive empowering impact.
feel good about accomplishments and help
Handyman Services (Current Employee), Deptford, NJDecember 1, 2014
Pros: own time schedule no rush
Cons: over an hour away
great place to help the people that need help and have limited funds. at some point in your life you need a helping hand and that's that, you lead by example and learn as you go to get things right. The overall is that this company about helping out and working with home owners on their projects that need tools and a person they trust helping them. examples: painting, clean outs, window or door replacing, small plumbing and electrical repairs.
Social Service Agency
DSP/Residential Trainer (Current Employee), Countryside, ILNovember 4, 2014
Transportation of clients from work and day program to CILA, bank, special rec or shopping. Cooking of dinner, making of lunches. Behavior tracking and data entry into a tracking system. Light house keeping.

1 2 3 4 5

About Helping Hands

Lotsa Helping Hands powers online caring communities that help restore health and balance to caregivers' lives. More than 65 million – Read more

Helping Hands Salaries