Helping Hands Employee Reviews

Clients Household
Cna (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 25, 2017
You have normally have 3-4 clients each day. I typically start in the morning and do my personalized duties with each client. For Instance, a day with me would look like this: Go to clients house, clock in, start break fast, water plants, clean kitchen, give client bathe with specific orders, sweep and dust entire house, do laundry plus fold, hang and put in proper places, and start lunch. On to the next clients house...
Pros
I got a passion for taking care and developing relationships with clients
Cons
Didnt have insurances, never got paid properly, never got raise.
Helping Hands
In Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Typical day at work depends on the client that you are assigned to. Some clients need more care than others. I complete light housekeeping every shift such as sweeping, laundry, dishes, etc. I learned that older adults do not like change and enjoy the life they are use to living. I didn't get to interact with very many co-workers because we are not suppose to have each others phone numbers and there is never more than one caregiver at one residents household. This job can be lonely and tough if you happen to be someone who takes demands too personally.
Pros
No hard labor, laid back, great clients
Cons
No benefits, no health insurance
enjoable working with in home patients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 23, 2017
I like working with people. I have good communication skills and love to talk. Here at this job I sat with the elderly and assists them in eating, cleaning, bathing and provide medication as scheduled. what I have learned while doing this that people who needs this needs someone to talk to and appreciate their company. the workplace culture is very enjoyable because you get to interact and help out when they need it. the hardest part is losing a patient that you cling to in death. the most enjoyable is meeting a new best friend.
Catering Part Time
Private Event Catering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 27, 2016
I cater with Helping Hands on a part time basis when jobs are available. I cannot make a living on this income alone.
I set up, serve, maintain and clean for private events. I usually work solo or with one other teammate. I enjoy the ability to assist the host with the serving and maintaining of the food and beverages so he or she can enjoy the occasion instead of spending the whole time working. The hardest part of the job is the schedule fluctuations and the varying availability of jobs.
Pros
The ability to assist people so they can host a stress free event
Cons
Fluctuating number of jobs depending on time of year
clients were happy
Caregiver/ Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 19, 2017
I needed more work stability and the hours slacked up due to the number of the clients. A typical job would be I would arrive 15 minutes before start time to prepare for the day, after that prepping I would then prepare the client for the morning shower then once her shower was done I would prepare breakfast and her son would administer her morning meds. Soon after she would fall asleep and then I would clean the rest of the house before preparing her lunch because she loved to eat.
SoSo
Therapist (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 7, 2017
I feel like I was forced to produce numbers. The clinical director was inconsistent and possibly intimidated by licensed staff. The training is horrible. The admin staff is great. Weekly and monthly incentives but it is difficult to work for owners who do not have clinical background. Some people are falsifying documentation to meet weekly quotas. Client are cycled through several clinicians and PP's before they are discharged. Its a little messy!
Pros
Admin staff is polite
Cons
Forced to produce
Mentally challenged children
Part-time volunteer (Former Employee) –  American SamoaFebruary 15, 2017
Worked mainly with autistic children ages 10 to 16. I was able to interact with the children. Playing with them and completing given task. Assisting and learning about their needs and how to interact with them. I learn that interacting with autism requires a lot of patience.
Love to help people see/experience new things!
Event & Marketing VISTA (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 23, 2017
I loved everything about this job. From the research, the planning, budgeting and marketing to the actual implementation, it was a dream! Worked with several different groups of people and LOVED every one of them.
Pros
Fun, fun, fun!
Cons
Can't think of any.
Excellent Owner, great clients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 19, 2017
I very much liked working for Heling Hands. An excellent place to learn and grow with the company. Extra classes were offered to grow in this field. Great Ownership.
Love Volunteering
Associate (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCDecember 28, 2016
I volunteered at helping hands on several occasions and enjoyed doing so. I would come in and prepare bags with fruits and veggies then put them in carts so they would be ready when people arrived. I would weigh their groceries and answer any questions they needed while shopping.
Awesome
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 26, 2017
Loved working there was taught alot of things that went with my job title as a medical assistant, all hands on training, my boss was awesome she was always willing to show us what we didn't know. Great environment
Pros
Taught alot
Cons
Place closed
Family environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJuly 25, 2016
I went on donation runs, pickups. I rang customers up. Helped keep the store clean and organized. I learned to be careful sticking my hands into purses (got stabbed by a nail file) The managers I worked with are some of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. Co-workers are awesome as well. The hardest part of the job was going through donations in the summer time, it was really hot in the back of the truck. I really enjoyed finding different items, not knowing what something was so having to google it. I learned a lot about name brands how to find out if jewelry was real. We got to go to countless events which all the proceeds went to domestic violence women.
Pros
It was a great experience
Cons
The thrift store closed down. Pay sucked.
Fun work place
Owner (Current Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXMarch 24, 2017
As the owner, it was hard work. Acquiring new clients was the hardest part. Customer satisfaction was most as the most enjoyable part. And the list of things I learned is endless.
Liked the people I helped
PSS (Former Employee) –  Winslow, MEFebruary 9, 2017
Not enough hours, my my boss was a bully. The training classes itself was remarkable, great teachers. The clients were hard at times but I had wonderful clients.
Productive assisting consumers w/ quality of life skills
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg P.A.October 24, 2013
Arrive at 6 a.m., make breakfast. wake consumers, make lunches, transport to activities, return to group home to clean house. Have a few hours break then return to get company van for pickup of 5 consumers at day program, take to activities scheduled ,return to home for dinner & hygiene & medication ( medication giving in a.m. as well) ,personal time & to bed. Rarely had co-workers when did were fairly agreeable. Learned to multitask. Management moderate as they did not always express expectations. Most enjoyable part was assisting people & making them safe, happy & healthy.
Pros
working w/ clients
Cons
Low pay, no benefits & constant add on of more & new responsibilities w/ out respect
great place to help
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 6, 2016
this has been very fruitful it has helped me learn better ways to help others and has given me long term friendships that will last for my entire life
Ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAAugust 24, 2016
Ok place to work at . Surrounded by okay people management was really not up to par but the job is doable safe place to work at scheduling was a little off
It was fun just no money or benefits
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILOctober 4, 2016
I like the people I work for I vacuumed clean bathrooms windows dust cleaned all the floors just really like to learn something new love to be outside I run heavy machinery
Okay working there
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 28, 2016
The staff wasn't that friendly, always got clients at the last minute and had no direct deposit. It was okay pay and I liked most of my clients.
A very fullfilling place to be.
Direct-Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHSeptember 7, 2016
This job requires helping others with their needs that they are unable to meet themselves. Just talking with some of the clients here, made the job all worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.