Helping Hands Employee Reviews

great place to work and learn, with a great team of people
Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 4, 2017
Every day is different in the mental health field, as each client is different and has different needs. Helping Hands taught me the basic fundamentals of proper documentation, working with staff during treatment team meetings to address each client's needs, working in an agency, and working with wonderful clients.The management team was very kind and helpful. There were people of different cultural backgrounds working there, which is a plus. The hardest part of the job is completing the documentation. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients, and getting staff support.
Pros
able to set your own hours
Cons
minimum wage
Fun
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 31, 2017
Great place friendly people great work environment very clean professional establishment i would recommend fully for my loved one the pay is also sufficient
Fair
Behavior Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2017
Awesome company to work for aside from the benefits great company the best part of working with Helping Hands was the children awesome experience with the community the overwhelming change and evolving the children have went through was the best experience ever in life and Helping Hands
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough food
feels good to work here
caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bechtelsville, PAAugust 31, 2017
you have to have it in you to work with these wonderful people it can be a challenge you never know what your morning will be or how your clients with be or there mood some come in happy or sad or mad never know what you will get
Kids are the best
School Age Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIAugust 29, 2017
Fun place to work if you love kids lots of learning and growing with the kids have to have a great imagination and open mind to help grow the little minds that are the furture
Pros
Kids
Cons
No paid time off
Great manager and flexivle schedule.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 28, 2017
You don't get a lot of hours and it varies week to week but the staff is so accommodating and you meet some great people. There are different shifts you can take as well.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low hours
Not a place to stay
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 25, 2017
Unfortunatly, I found a job I truly enjoyed yet due to the poor management, I was unable to perform at the level I believe to be Me, so I was forced to seek out Employment that better fit my standards.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else....
Productive hands on fun loving place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 24, 2017
I love the feeling of being able to asset ppl when they need it . I'm reliable and honest I care bout my client and there health I also am very good with ppl .
Pros
The pay is great
Cons
The hours not so good
Health care provieder
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 22, 2017
Only issue with this company was the short hours per client and no overtime pay or benifits. But the clients were great and the office ladies were great as well.
N/a
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dayton, ohioAugust 21, 2017
I enjoy working here because it fits my schedule and my supervisors are very supportive and encouraging. The place is just full of great vibes and positive energy.
Flexible schedule, caring on hands management
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 19, 2017
This company was owner/operated and she was in the office every day, it was a joy working for them pay was good but no benefits.The supplied the shirts with their logo on which I thought was pretty cool.
Pros
Supplied uniform, awesome management, good pay
Cons
No benefits, could not get 40 hours, clients were mean
great workplace with bi weekly paycheck
Home nurse aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2017
I love working here and meeting new people. I usually meet with my client at their home. I clean, wash dishes, and sweep and mop. I also go grocery shopping and give medication reminders. If all tasks are done in the home, the client and I go outside for a walk ( weather permitting) or even a medical appointment.
Pros
great manager, helpful co-workers
Cons
low wage, part time
General labor
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company because it was pretty much an on call basis And Job titles Always Derifeate In Different Entitlements..Mostly Every time I Was Called In To Work So I Really Enjoyed That Alot ..Just Wasn't Getting Enough Hours In .Pay Was Great! Just Needed More Hours
Pros
Meeting new pepole, Not Long Hours, Was Very nogotable, with pay& hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Not a good work place
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2017
helpings hands owner never response back to calls, texts. She very unprofessional in every way. The manger always have attitude. She very lazy. Get mad when she have to work other people shift who cant work do to something important..
Care manager
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIAugust 5, 2017
Place can be very unprofessional. They should really pay attention to the clients they accept in they're business. My car was stolen & the day it got stolen they were very rude.
Enjoyable
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winslow, MEAugust 4, 2017
Although my supervisors were always available to hello me out, it didn't feel like a team. I didn't know any of my other co workers since it was home health Care.
enjoy my job and the families
Private Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Port Saint John, FLJuly 26, 2017
a typical day at my patient home laid back easy going can also be fast pace at times I learned that even thought the mind tells you that it can be done the body says different I enjoy sitting and listen about different culture and trying the food there nothing hardest thing about my job is death.
Pros
outting with my patients
Genuine work, helping others
Delivery Driver/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 20, 2017
It was a great work place and I learned a lot about treating my co-workers like family. I started as a just delivery driver but upgraded to manager which was a grind. But, I always left work with a better feeling about helping others.
Not enough pay
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLJuly 19, 2017
Although I liked working one on one with the client the company I worked for didnt want to compensate me for my time.she didn't want to do anything to help the situation and I always had to wait to cash my check
Pros
Room and board food
Cons
Not enough pay
Good place to work, I was kept busy.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 18, 2017
Good place to work, I was kept busy. The bosses were nice and suupportive. Minimum wage though and a lot of lifting of patients. Sometimes had inappropriate male patients who were sexually inappropriate with comments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.