Helping Hands

Helping Hands United States Employee Reviews

Great Team
Custodial Engineer (Former Employee), Watkinsville, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: thanks for the great experience
Being apart of the helping hands team let me tune and learn how cleaning, lawn care, and moving and storage are done.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Cassopolis, MIAugust 11, 2014
This position was to fulfill my internship class requirements. It was an unpaid position.
enjoy the job
Janitorial (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2014
I will work by myself and do details cleaning for each building I was assign to.
Helping Hands
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Aiken SCJune 30, 2014
I was hired to work second shift. When I'm scheduled for those shifts, I supervise the children in my care. I really enjoy working with the younger kids; the nursery is my favorite. We play outside a lot. I enjoy working with this age group to teach them positive social interactions as well as working with them to do for themselves; like feeding and communicating their needs.
Sometimes I work with school age children (6-12 y/o). They too have a lot of outside activity. I chaperone field trips as well as direct behavior.
More often lately I have been assigned to 3rd shift, where I supervise the children while they sleep.
Working for Helping Hands
Homecare Porvider (Former Employee), Paramount, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: no healthcare
I loved working for helping hands!
The work was fun and it was always something new. i really enjoyed working with my coworkers we were a really good team im so sad he place had to close.
Great Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: working with a great team.
Cons: the royal oak branch was well known for being short staffed.
A typical work day at Helping Hands revolved around multiple staffing needs and busy phone lines. As a result, I learned various multitask techniques and the importance of exercising my organization skills. Management usually worked side by side with staff members and provided their assistance when necessary. Although, various co-workers had different obligations, we managed to work together to assist with accomplishing the organizations goal as a team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a short handed staff although we managed to get through each day with an above average performance. The most enjoyable part of working for helping hands would defiantly be the positive results of servicing each and every patient.
Owner/Supervisor
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 12, 2014
Pros: great boss, wonderful pay
Cons: not always enough to do, sometimes clients were too demanding, such as asking me to do things i wasn't authorized to do.
The owner was an honest and wonderful person. She worked very closely with me and helped me deal with issues that would rise out of dealing with people. She encouraged me to stick with it. I am very grateful for her. She made a better person out of me.
Wonderful company to work for.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Evansville, INApril 4, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: company closed
I worked for this company for 2 years. I was hired to be the Office Manager. The company is very employee friendly. They respect t and work with their employees. The expect the best, yet they always give their best. They are not slow to roll up their sleeves and work side by side with their staff. They have an open door policy and make you feel always welcome to come through the door and shut the door. Again, a great company to work for.
Great place to work and contribute
Accountant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2014
Intentional non-profit. Great place to work and contribute.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Barberton, OHMarch 31, 2014
Pros: calm workplace
Cons: no health benfits
The job as a whole was relaxing and worry free, I learned so much far as caring for some whome I wasn't related to. My co-workers and also the management team was amazing and everyone was cohesive, I mean we worked so well together in order to get our daily tasks completed and so that the client was comfortable in the privancy of their own home. The greatest task was see the client suffer in pain or declining but the most enjoyable was when the client was happy positve active day.
Fun While it lasted
Caregiver (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 23, 2014
It was very interesting working with new people each and every day.
Nice Work Place
Caregiver (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: its light work
Cons: not enough hours with client as need
I love the people and the environment I would come in clock in wash dishes, sweep and mop, walk the dog, clean, sweep, and mop the bathroom, assist with making the bed, assist with personal care...

I learned that patience is the key

The hardest part of my job is leaving my client knowing that he/she wont have anyone to help him/her until the next day

The most part of my job is to make sure my client is happy and feels safe at all times
productive and fun place of wok
Assistant (Former Employee), Safety Harbor, FLFebruary 5, 2014
I loved working here it's an awesome experience to have. my typical day was assisting the owner with the daily tasks at hand. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the children.
I enjoy being there to help people in need
Administrator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2014
My day begin with making sure everyone had breakfast. Next medication was issued,beds checked and day started. I then took care of paperwork and made sure resident were taken to doctor and other places. I enjoyed taking care of people.
Good job to have
Cleaner (Former Employee), Upton, ENGJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good job
First time I'd ever been hired as a cleaner. It was a good job to have and something I could use for future purposes. The people I cleaned for were lovely!
Job Experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: having lunch out and talking with them.
A typical day at work was working with a one on one, taking care of there needs. How to have patience with the elderly that don't remember how to do most of the thing that needed to be done. Management was great and they also listen to what you had to say,was having to take them out in bad weather for there appointments. Was going shopping with them for food and there house hold needs.
A fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Bon Aqua, TNDecember 27, 2013
Pros: we received five dollars worth of merchandise each day that we worked.
Cons: not enough hours and minimum pay
I have enjoyed working for Helping Hands. The team is exceptionally kind. I learned how to run the register and greet customers.
I would say the hardest part of the job was unloading the trucks. We received both food and clothing to go through.
I enjoyed helping customers find items needed and extremely low prices.
productive and fun work place
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 27, 2013
I enjoyed spending one on one time with clients, Learing about the clients history in life and family. while caring for others is easy there has been some challenges
Great home care company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIDecember 24, 2013
Pros: decent amount of shifts.
Cons: too many people doing the schedule
Too many people doing the schedule so causes too much confusion for employees in the field and the people who are doing the schedule, fair amount of long shifts availible but can be hard to come by something permanent or that may work to your life schedule. While working for this company i never really knew who the immediate supervisor or manager was.
the best
Caregiver helping seniors (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2013
I love caring for seniors . and being able to help out around there home and being able to assist seniors around the city etc.

About Helping Hands

Lotsa Helping Hands powers online caring communities that help restore health and balance to caregivers' lives. More than 65 million – Read more

Helping Hands Salaries