Helping Hands Employee Reviews

Productive assisting consumers w/ quality of life skills
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg P.A.October 24, 2013
Arrive at 6 a.m., make breakfast. wake consumers, make lunches, transport to activities, return to group home to clean house. Have a few hours break then return to get company van for pickup of 5 consumers at day program, take to activities scheduled ,return to home for dinner & hygiene & medication ( medication giving in a.m. as well) ,personal time & to bed. Rarely had co-workers when did were fairly agreeable. Learned to multitask. Management moderate as they did not always express expectations. Most enjoyable part was assisting people & making them safe, happy & healthy.
Pros
working w/ clients
Cons
Low pay, no benefits & constant add on of more & new responsibilities w/ out respect
Work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2016
Great place to work at. The work experience was great and I loved it! We organized and cleaned areas of need for buildings or a complex we gained access to.
I loved the company
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  lincolton ncMay 10, 2016
the company is great I loved to work with different people everyday learning different things. they helped me to gain social and employability skills.
Pros
n/a
Cons
the people
Varied clientelle and interesting work using my talents to help others.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 5, 2016
I am happy working with Helping Hands Chair Massage. I also would like to expand my experience with more clients while continuing to work with Helping Hands Chair Massage.
productive
DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Slidell,LAMay 9, 2013
A typical day on this job was working with clients who have a mental or physical disability. I learned how to work hands on with clients. Management very little input. Co-workers was there when needed. The hardest part about this job was none. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping others.
Pros
The ability to work around your schedule
Cons
no healthcare or benefits
There was no typical day working for Helping Hands; individuals that I took care of most every day was a new and different day.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCNovember 24, 2015
The individuals that I had the pleasure of taking care of taught my patient, laughter, and sometimes tears.
I had a great manager and I worked with all kinds of co-workers that I still consider good friends.
The hardest part of the job was not always being able to do everything that the client wanted. For example, some people wanted so bad to get out and be able to go somewhere but because of their health it was impossible.
The most enjoyment I received was knowing that I helped people seeing them happy and smiling.
Great Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 2, 2014
A typical work day at Helping Hands revolved around multiple staffing needs and busy phone lines. As a result, I learned various multitask techniques and the importance of exercising my organization skills. Management usually worked side by side with staff members and provided their assistance when necessary. Although, various co-workers had different obligations, we managed to work together to assist with accomplishing the organizations goal as a team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a short handed staff although we managed to get through each day with an above average performance. The most enjoyable part of working for helping hands would defiantly be the positive results of servicing each and every patient.
Pros
Working with a great team.
Cons
The Royal Oak branch was well known for being short staffed.
Productive place to work, always learning new things
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2015
My typical day at work is remodeling homes, learning new techniques, learnign new things, where the info i learned can used outside of work. The management is very respectable, and considerate, likes teaching others if they are willing to learn. My co-wprkers are vey nice and helpful, we all get along with each other. the hardest part of the job was sometimes carrying the heavy material. most enjoyable part ids when the work is finished I know that the person is satisfied.
My start up business
Marketing/ Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 14, 2013
I co-created a small business using my knowledge of administrative duties and managed a staff of seven people, making sure the positions everyone was hired to do, were trained properly and assessed their performance in quarterly reviews.

I learned running your own business is a challenge and I felt like I succeeded within my chosen career.

The hardest part of my job was marketing. I believe I have the gift of persuasion, however when you're a startup, it's hard to get your name out there.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being responsible for it's success.
Pros
Meeting new associates, training staff, going to conferences and business lunches.
Cons
Startup cost, hiring process.
Great for personable skills and dealing with issues and life skills
Counselor for children and teens (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAOctober 31, 2013
Myself, children and the parents or grand parents. OCS workers and court settings at times. A lot of one on one time with children as well as group sessions. Most difficult part is not being able to change many situations due to the home life of the child. Most enjoyable part is when I help change the life of both children and parents due to us all working together towards accomplishing the same goal. I manage my own time and I learn from day to day about the many different lives and cultures as well as beliefs of so many people.
Pros
Meeting new children and outcomes of counseling children.
Cons
schedule is forever changing.
Nice place to work
Adult Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 16, 2015
Loved working here, the coworkers were really nice and friendly, the management was very supportive, and I loved working with the patient's.
Easy place to work
Sitter (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 3, 2016
Enjoyed the patients. Usually an easy job. Some patients were more difficult than others, but I loved working with them all. Hospital setting. I always had extra help if needed.
long time ago
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2015
made minor repairs to urban private apartments and houses
Responsible for completing painting and plastering assignments with minimal supervision
Prepared units for re-rental in compliance with state and local housing codes
Maintained landscaping for private residences and other properties
Performed medical and physical aid to a handicapped bedridden elderly woman in her home and assisted her with a better quality of live and her daily
Home Health Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2015
This job was very rewarding. Caring for my elderly patient on a one on one basis was very warming and personable.I enjoyed working and caring for her immensely.
Pros
Caring for my elder patient was a gift.
Cons
N/A
Working with the elderly and handicapped.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJanuary 9, 2016
Supply the needs of the Clients, Clean there residence.
Already knew the job.
Very demanding.
Never really dealt with any coworkers.
Demanding Clients.
Working with the elderly.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHMarch 31, 2014
The job as a whole was relaxing and worry free, I learned so much far as caring for some whome I wasn't related to. My co-workers and also the management team was amazing and everyone was cohesive, I mean we worked so well together in order to get our daily tasks completed and so that the client was comfortable in the privancy of their own home. The greatest task was see the client suffer in pain or declining but the most enjoyable was when the client was happy positve active day.
Pros
Calm WorkPlace
Cons
No health Benfits
Productive place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CODecember 7, 2012
Responsible for looking after each employee to ensure that tasks are completed accurately.Designated with the responsibility of keeping keys and codes to buildings.Went through each room/office and ensured that each is cleaned with in a timely manner. Great management with lots of communication. Worked well with all co-workers and staff. Most enjoybale part meeting new people all the time. The hardest part of the job would be meeting short notice deadlines, but always fulfilled deadlines.
Very Productive and rewarding!
In home Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 13, 2013
This job is my own day care center that I ran out of my home. I set up lesson plans and I follow through with it through the entire day. For a short period of time, 1 year, I even offered home schooling to two school aged children. The hardest part of this job is that it took up a lot of my day and I rarely got a real break. Th most enjoyable part is the time that I was able to spend with the children.
Pros
field trips!
Cons
long hours without real breaks
Satisfaction in helping others
Accountant/Payroll Admin/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 3, 2012
A great company to work for. A lot of energy. A company where you felt that you were helping others to succeed in more than one area. A team player atmosphere. Management worked as hard as anyone to get task completed. The hardest part was to see those who woul not take the opportunities that was presented.
Pros
helping others
Cons
delayed answers on grants
Job Experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 5, 2014
A typical day at work was working with a one on one, taking care of there needs. How to have patience with the elderly that don't remember how to do most of the thing that needed to be done. Management was great and they also listen to what you had to say,was having to take them out in bad weather for there appointments. Was going shopping with them for food and there house hold needs.
Pros
Having lunch out and talking with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.