Helpmates Staffing Services Employee Reviews

fun at work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 3, 2017
they can give you a nice warm welcome but they don't increase your salary plus they were friendly and they will entertain you as much as possible, a good agency
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no increase salary
Temp Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work,
What you have learned
Workplace culturew
The hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job
I choose not to review this company.
Laid back atmosphere and casusal dress code.
Customer Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 13, 2017
I answered calls from customers who had major car repair issues and werelooking for assistance with the cost of repairs.or customers who were about to purchase a vehicl and wanted a discount. I learned about various car parts such as a crank case. The management was fine but I think their attendance expectations were unrrealistic. They expected zero absences and tardies. You may be able to get to work on time which can be challenging at times with sudden unannounced lane closures, broken traffic signals, accidents, etc. during the morning commute. It happens and at some point in your career, you will have to be absent due to illness, medical leave, death of a family member, etc.
The hardest part of the job was learning all the car parts. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to completely assist the customer from beginning to end.
Pros
casual dress code
Cons
unreasonable expectations
I was a temp
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 30, 2017
They didn't really feel like they cared about your employment so much as their commission. I realize I was a temporary worker here, but still. I remember once I was sick (I worked in the warehouse of a food distributor) and I wasn't able to call off.
Pros
Quick to find a position if you need it
Cons
Didn't care for their employees
Would work there again, but only for the pay.
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Work was sometimes difficult, the only thing that was hard was getting used to the evening schedule. Cool co-workers, learned about warehouse work. Hardest part is loading the trucks, funnest part was the taper. Management was awesome, gave us doughnuts and gift cards. Pretty strict though.
Understanding People
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Cool place to work, they just forget about you once your availability changes. If you go from being available any time to certain days , for example if you're in school, they'll stop calling you for work.
Very nice people
Marketing and Design (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2016
Very nice people, If you have a bad experience with them you should probably look in the mirror and self evaluate. Everyone at Helpmates was courteous, helpful and professional. The 2 assignments I had with them provided me with additional skills to use for any future positions.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Professional, courteous and caring staff.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 18, 2016
Helpmates is an outstanding employment resource. I was very fortunate to be placed on assignment with a local utility company which, in itself, was a rare opportunity. It was a great working environment, with a focus on strong employee/client satisfaction. Lots of variety, excellent support/training and management is readily available. Excellent experience with all the team members of this agency!
Provides Opportunity.
Compounder /Weigh-up Technician (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAApril 13, 2016
I enjoy what i do. I studied for this and being in an environment where my knowledges is being used into good use. my coworkers are good people. I've learned during the duration I've been working that quality is everything.
Recruit me the next day
Receptionist/ Account Specialist/ Auditor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Integrity, busy, friendly, everyone was very professional and welcoming, hard working, never let no one down, treat each other like family.
Pros
coffee and lunch
Cons
not sure
send to different places
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2015
Temp worker, not enough work, just one to two weeks of work. Good personal. drive to different places. Have been send to two different places to work and I like the environment. sometimes gives you 40 hours, but the most I been in a place has been 2 weeks.
Pros
Cons
not a lot of hours
Warm
Contracts (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2015
Helpmates Staffing Services offers Kind and Caring Employment Assistance.

Placement is consistent. Healthy-working relationships are maintained with notable establishments.
Great company to work for.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeview, CAJune 24, 2015
-I learned many things
-Co-workers in the office were helpful
- i would organize paper, data entry, fax and copy papers.Answer and take msgs. Help in job fairs,
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
Only a few hours
Hardest Job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 17, 2015
I worked at this front office for less than a year. It was the most difficult job I ever had. The system they used was the hardest one I ever had to use. The people I helped were mostly NOT in the best of moods. I took payments and exchange equipment everyday. But most of the time the people were very angry and upset with their bills. I always understood that. That company charged very much for their services. I always tried to explain to them their bill and help them in any way I could. But my hands were tied most of the time. My co-workers were not easy to get along with. There was a lot of favoritism specially from management. Hardest part was of this job was to stay happy, specially after a very difficult and rude customer. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping someone bring down their debt. If I could do it I did do it.
Pros
Paid good
Cons
A lot of stress
Unreliable
data (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAApril 16, 2015
My expense with this agency was unpleasant. They were unreliable and could never be reached regarding anything. They never follow up with there employees, lose paperwork, and never have answers to questions pertaining to job sites. job duties are always different from what they tell you it will be.
Pros
Cons
no job stability
It was temporary position within a warehouse that didn't seem to have any room for promotions or raises.
Temporary Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 19, 2014
I would pick and pack orders before shipping them out. Organize the shelves, put together certain kits for customers and assist customers with their will call orders.
I learned a few things about fish products and how to assist customers with their will call orders.
The management was very hands on, but not reassuring when it came to advancement questions.
The coworkers were all hardworking, but no one cared much for the work they were doing.
The hardest part of the job was finding work to do when we were slow.
The most enjoyable part of the job was building the kits. Cutting tubing, applying certain components to the fan and filters.
Pros
I got my exercise walking around the warehouse pulling and picking orders.
Cons
There was not enough work, no room to move up within the company, it became very repetitive after a few weeks.
Great temp agency
Data Entry or Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 7, 2014
Great communication and lots of job offers. They helped me get back on my feet.
great
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAOctober 29, 2014
busy, pulling files, learned organizations skills, management great, no hard part of the job
Pros
weekends off
Cons
healthcare
Great Company to work for.
Invoicing Admin (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 9, 2014
They have gone beyond in helping me deal with an ordeal that I am going thru. They have been great.
Independant Work Environment
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 19, 2014
Helpmates is a great company to work for. They are flexible in scheduling. They allow you to take your work into your own hands and trust that you will get the job completed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helpmates Staffing Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Helpmates Staffing Services Reviews by Location