Helzberg Diamonds Employee Reviews

Average
ASSTT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 3, 2016
It' s an average place to work.Nothing to shout abt.
The merchandise is just ok.
The price's r good for the merchandise offered.
Pros
DEPENDING ON THE MANAGER
Cons
SHORT LUNCH TIMES. ONLY 1/2 HR
Fun, goal oriented environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 26, 2016
-Company with a family feel
-Customer service oriented
-Hrly plus commission
-Flexible schedule
-Awesome jewelry with the best employee discounts around
Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 24, 2016
I was completely in love with the company. theyhada v ery positive team and always felt good coming in. The company is great, they have great benefits!
Wish I had never worked for this company
Former Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 9, 2016
After being in retail for almost sixteen years and working for a few companies I can honestly say this company is the absolute worst.. They preach how Ethical they are when in reality they are not.. They use bully scar tactics on sales consultants and the Regional Manager is the worst.. If your not a man or a cut throat type of person I suggest you run.. I've been with this company for awhile and I think they seriously need to take a look at the Regionals who change things every week.. Some of the standards that are company standards are changed by the Regionals and the managers are scared to go against them for fear of losing their jobs..
Pros
Manager is amazing
Cons
Regional Manager is the worst .. He's a bully and speaks to you like your beneath him, he changes standards for managers personal sales and puts employees up against each other
A typical day
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 25, 2016
Engaging and building friendships and then selling a Diamond.

I learned how to sell a Diamond and to romance the beauty of the love that is shared and the memories it brings
productive and busy work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 2, 2016
After opening the store and preparing everything, we sit and waite for customers while the manager gives us out goals for the day, i learned alot about diamonds, and being persuasive. The hardest part of the job was trying to close every sale, and competing with coworkers. Most enjoyable part was seeing the excitement on the customer face after they have purchased the item.
Pros
discounts
Cons
stealing sales
Awesome Retail Company with great ethics.
Management/Sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2016
-A typical day at Helzberg Diamonds was setting up the store, clientele, check in merchandise and display, inventory control, cleaning jewelry, keeping store clean and waiting on customers etc.
-Helzberg training was awesome! I learnt how to sell the quality of the jewelry without dropping the price,how to educate the customer on the quality and many other sales techniques.
-Management was very respected from the top of the company to the bottom.
-Co-workers for the most part were great but when commission is involved there is always some things that need worked out.
-Hardest part of my job was working night and weekends.Due to having kids you miss out on a lot of daily things due to scheduling.
-My most enjoyable part of my job was making customers happy and putting a big smile on their face. I loved to help with surprising customers too.
Pros
Structure and ethics of company, teamwork, putting a smile on faces
Cons
Working to many nights and weekends.
No job security at all
Diamond Consultant/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAJune 24, 2016
A person can be in good standing with the company & work here 20 years & be laid off, happened to a coworker. Some person can come in with little work experience & not even be great at sales or handling responsibility & be promoted, much preferential treatment & some coworker was a real pain, she would steal sales left & right & use manipulation or emotional blackmail & even if multiple complaints by several staff about said person/persons nothing is done to remedy the situation. They left it up to the employees to hash it out or leave if they felt they couldn't handle dealing with unscrupulous people. Detested the commission thing because some people had no conscious trying to make an extra bonus or spiffs. later they removed most the extra compensation & tried hard to deceive us that the pay plan was an improvement from prior years. I'd prefer to make a wee bit less than to deal with the dramas greedy people cause.
Pros
discount off products, nice upscale clients mostly
Cons
cut-throat atmosphere
Office Manager Assist
Office Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 24, 2016
A typical day at Helzberg is very busy!!! Some days are good and some are not. I enjoy my days at Helzberg. My co-workers are amazing team to work with. But, I was recently Married and I'm looking for something more stable and set hours.
Pros
the discounts and work enviroments interacting with client/guest
Cons
long hours on you feet
stressful enviroment
customer care and complaints (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 25, 2016
A typical day consists of waiting on customers, both customers that are shopping for new jewelry as well as those that are there for inspection of their jewelry. Also customers with different issues or complaints. to keep daily track of sales numbers personal, also warrenties and credit. We will also write thank you notes make phone calls based on customer or jeweler follow up.
Pros
customer enteraction, taking care of guest. selling, waiting on guest
Cons
benefits not very good, management is not very consistant in their daily activities or expectations
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 24, 2016
Not a place I would want to work again. Good comission great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting customers to buy what the want not what they need.
I enjoyed working seasonal retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 7, 2016
A typical day included greeting and waiting on customers and assisting them with their purchases. I learned about diamonds and gem stones and their P.O.S. system. Management was very helpful acclimating me to this new position and co-workers were a joy to work with and eager to help me learn.The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping customers find their special purchases. The hardest part of the job was not being able to afford all the beautiful jewelry!
Pros
Dealing with customers.
Cons
Only seasonal work.
Horrible place to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 7, 2016
Management horrible. Co workers horrible. Worst place I ever worked. Actually left without a notice walked off the job that is how bad it was.

Comment – April 15, 2016

Worked there also same with me. Walked of the job! Horrible place to work the manager was absolutely the worst.

stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 25, 2016
The sales culture is very good on paper but depending on who is in charge depends on how they enact it. I had good co-workers and managers but I have had issues calling and talking to others in the company. As much as the company talks about being a family and working together there is a very strong lack of care about anyone outside of their own locations.
Welcoming work environment
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 3, 2016
Faculty is great with training and they are very thorough. Everyone is willing to help the next person. Management is approachable. The hardest part o ht ejob i must say id the ability to relay data to the customers that are familiar with the old system.
A great company to work for
Office Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXFebruary 6, 2016
The only downfall is quality of life. You work a lot during the holiday's and on weekends. If your are lucky you get a great regional and store manager, which I did. The company takes care of their clients and their staff. If I didn't have a family that I liked to see, I would go back.
Pros
Monthly bonus
Cons
no quality of life
Great Stable Company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 24, 2016
Client building is a must in this role. Requires follow up thank you notes, phone calls, tracking sales and building relationships.
Helzberg Diamonds
Customer Care Supervisor and Social Media Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 23, 2016
There's something extraordinary about being a part of the team at Helzberg Diamonds. It's something you can feel. It's like being apart of a family. It's a place where success is shared and tradition is valued.
Great place, great people.
Director (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2016
Overall a great place to work with a fun culture that believes in giving back. As an individual, your contributions are considered and valued - whether they are in the form of ideas or regular work.
Pros
Cons
Structure
Great Place
Office Manager, Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Great place to work. Alot of training. Great benefits and compensation. Fun atmosphere. Co-workers become family. Only issue is weekends and nights, but that's normal in retail.