Helzberg Diamonds

Helzberg Diamonds Employer Reviews

productive and highly performance driven job
Office Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 27, 2014
Pros: hi potential for money making, company with a lot of resources to meet customers jewelry requirements. i am always busy, non stopping.
Cons: long hours during christmas holiday season, unable to spend more time with family and friends.
This job requires a high level of attention to detail, I have been able to take my knowledge and skills to a higher level of performance, it is repetitive in a lot of ways and ever changing at the same time. Management is fair and driven and encourages you to perform to the best of your abilities, but not everybody is willing to do that. It is a highly – more... competitive environment with a lot of fun and freedom to use your own skills. The human interaction is the one of the best part of the job, the flexible schedule, the opportunity to make money. The hardest part of the job is that store is in the mall and it opens 363 days a year, and getting home after 9:30 pm 3 to 4 days a week. – less
A fun and challenging job with lots of romance
Jewelry Professional (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYAugust 20, 2014
I have learned a lot about myself during my years at Helzberg Diamonds. I have learned how to be an effective salesperson and that I am at my best when being honest and open with my customers. Teamwork is a big part of our success and we strive to support and encourage each other. A positive mental attitude can create not just a great atmosphere to – more... work in but also success in sales. The most difficult part of the job is the pressure to sell and meet my daily goals. Oddly enough that is also one of the most enjoyable aspects of the job as well. We have a great management team and a terrific group of positive and hardworking team members. It has been my honor to work with each of them. – less
A good place to work if you love diamonds...so much to learn!!
Sales associate (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 7, 2014
Cons: wages
Being part of Berkshire Hathaway was something to be proud of and that made customers trust us. Co-Workers were super fun and very diverse hence, learned a lot. Hardest part of the job was the fear of being rejected by the customers once the presentation for jewelry was over.(Especially the big ticketed items)
Enjoyable part was the people you meet.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 31, 2014
Pros: salary, work environment
Cons: hours
This is a wonderful job! Whether you are working as a sales associate on the floor or in the office behind the cash register. As long as you love jewelry you will find this job enjoyable.
This is a highly professional environment with pleasant coworkers. Advancement while at this company is very possible and commission is a perk!
Best for part-time – more... employment or full-time employment. – less
Frustrating
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: park city mall has alot to offer, you meet really great customers
Cons: higher managment could care less, unclear policies
A typical day for me was doing the manager's duties while being extremely under paid. I was promised a certain salary when I was recruited from my previous job. when I received my first paycheck it was $1 short/hour. when I brought this up to the manager she told me to bring it up with the regional because she was moving away. I did...northing happened. – more... I brought it up to HR...nothing. Payroll...nothing. Then new recruits were hired by the new extremely under qualified manager (his friends and previous employees). One of them in particular (who had absolutely no jewelry experience versus my previous 3 years) was complaining about her salary to me which ended up being $5.50 more/hour than me!!! I was doing all the bookkeeping, client follow-up, and other manager duties. My original co-workers spoke up for me to no avail. I asked for a raise and was ignored again.
As you can guess I was looking for other employment while all these things were going on. I was meeting my sales goals, but it wasn't enough. Eventually the manager was let go. A new manager was brought in and I was let go shortly after without a decent explanation. soon after that 3 other employees were let go (we were the 4 highest sellers). Then she hired all her old employees from her previous company.
If this is a place were you want to start/continue your jewelry career, just watch your back. the policies are constantly changing both in-store and throughout the company. There is never a proper explanation of them, so when you don't follow them to the letter, don't be surprised if you get in trouble. – less
Co-workers had great personalities and deserved the utmost respect.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, co-workers with great personalities, the opportunity to "stand out" in the usual mall crowd.
Cons: frequent break interuptions, understaffed store, unfair expectations and standards.
I felt that management did not appreciate how diligently employees worked or how difficult it was for us all to repeatedly hear that our work wasn't good enough. Incentives were not enough to inspire the type of performance that was expected. It was well known to us that our best was expected, but the majority of employees at my store did not feel that – more... company actually cared about us as people. This is known to me because of several conversations with several employees which took place concerning the general feeling of disrespect. My co-workers (management aside) however, were some of the best people I've ever known and it was an absolute pleasure to be able to rely on such individuals during a shift full of product questions, numerous phone calls, several sales presentations, unreasonable/strange requests, etc. – less
Small Mall Store
Jewelry Sales Consultant and Store Key Holder (Former Employee), Indianapolis, InJune 30, 2014
Pros: i was trusted with running the store, and being a key holder.
Cons: associates compaining
I was a key holder, and was responsible for opening the store, and closing the store. The managers that I worked for were encouraging all associates to be very aggresive, and to compete with one another. I appreciate what they were trying to accomplish, but found them to be too over the top.
Enjoyable place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TexasJune 17, 2014
Pros: fun team focused environment
I typically work 8 plus hours a day as an Assistant Manager. I have learned how to successfully apply the 8 Steps to Successful Selling that Helzberg requires of all associates. The management team implements an enjoyable team focused environment to ensure everyone succeeds. The hardest part of the job is getting clients to decide to purchase our high – more... quality merchandise and meeting sales expectations during difficult financial times. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the satisfaction in my clients faces when we find a piece of jewelry that really says WOW to them. I most enjoy being part of a memorable event such as finding the perfect engagement ring or bridal set. – less
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 21, 2014
It was overall an enjoyable place to work. It was serious when it needed to be though. I learned about diamonds, gemstones, gold and pearls. They do offer classes to earn your certificates to be a gemologist. It was an educational experience.
Enjoyable work environment with motivated sales associates and loyal customers
Store manager (Current Employee), Livermore OutletsApril 8, 2014
As store manager a typical day for me was to provide my sales team encouragement, couching and guidance in their sales and customer relations. I also constantly recruited new and promising sales associates and train them to reach my expatiations and the company expatiations . As store manager I make sure that we, as a team, followed company policies – more... and promotions. I made sure to have a healthy and enjoyable work environment for not only my sales associates but also for any customer that walks into our store. I make sure to reach daily and monthly quotas, I am always on the floor available for my sales associates and clients needs but i also make sure that my floor is always organized and appealing, I make sure all my sales associate are trained on any new product. I also follow up with my office manager to make sure that all our expenses don't cross our budgets, which includes payroll. – less
Responsible for entire operation of store including marketing Supervised staff and conducts performance reviews monthly
Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2014
Responsible for entire operation of store including marketing
Supervised staff and conducts performance reviews monthly
Run away from this employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee), PAMarch 12, 2014
A large national company is only as good as it's local workforce. The Helzberg location that I worked at had a huge problem with turnover. When no new hires in over a year work out, the problem isn't with the new hires, it's with the management doing the hiring and managing. Should never have allowed the DSM to talk me into working there.
Just another retail store
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low salary, long hours, insufficient benefits
This job was no different than any other retail store. We worked long hours, had many duties, had short lunches, and got paid very little for what we did. Holidays were horrible, and vacations were practically non-existent. But, it was a stepping stone to earn money for college, and to pay the mortgage, so it served its purpose.
It is nicely Managed
Associate Sales (Former Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: breaks, health care
Bad place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), kansas cityFebruary 8, 2014
Poor benefits and worse work schedules and appreciation. Sales oriented Company that has reduced the benefits, insurance, and commissions of all of their employees.
a great place to work, competitive yet everyone is eager to teach you how to be successful .
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tigard, ORFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: located in the mall, you can shop durring your breaks :d great benifits, base& commision
Cons: it is a preformace based company, if you do not meet your goals, it leads to termination
A typical day at work consists of :
* reviewing all the new product, or store transfers
*engaging customers to try things on to get a better feel of ownership.
*we female employees love to try things on, in between guests of course
*help one another out if we don't feel like our customer feels to comfortable with us, for example,I'm 20 yrs old, some – more... older clients might not feel like I would know what I'm talking about {which i do, I'm certified} but to assure they don't feel overwhelmed I'll turn over my sale for their personal comfort. – less
Looking for more advancement
Customer Sales (Current Employee), Pineville, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: like to interact with people
Cons: no move for advancement
Inventory diamonds
Sales
Show case for diamods to be set
Contact custumer of up going sales
Close registers
Account all display items
I get make dreams come true
Business Management and Sales (Current Employee), Pensacola, FlJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: my clients, my incredible co workers the excitment we share
Cons: non set or routine hours and late nights, and low salary
I specialize in strategic marketing and analysis, trend spotting , with an emphasis in end luxury goods and services. I understand how crucial the intamacy of each relationship is. I am keenly aware of the importance of building trust and rapor in each interaction. I strive to provide a personal touch , and treat my clients as more thatn just aquaintinces – more... , but rather as friends who's lives I have the privlige of sharing. Sucessful selling is about much more than a monotary trasaction, but rather forming lasting emotional connection. My aim is to always to make clients feel like friends . The most exciting and rewarding part of my day isetting to share in some of the most intimate, important and joyous moments in their lives. – less
A place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: the relationships you form with your co-workers
Cons: lack of incentives and compensation. disconnected or untrained management.
This is a good job if you need to make a little extra money. Although the compensation is not competitive at all. The company is very numbers driven, and often competes with itself (online vs stores vs outlets). The members of the teams are very friendly. But the decisions and treatment by management and corporate leave a lot to be desired.
Productive as well as aggressive working (sales) environment within an interesting industry
Store Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: customer satisfaction and/or interactions
Cons: conveying adequate representation of field operations with sound reception
A typical workday involved inventory management, showcase merchandising, staff training, operational planning (to include reports generation and project strategizing), and recruitment efforts.
The jewelery industry can be a very rewarding, as well as interesting environment to work within. Aside from the daily customer interactions, one is usually faced – more... with new products, and new opportunities to learn on the subject product line.
Like all (most) corporate entities, management is held to very specific standards and objectives/goals for each individual to achieve. Creating the environment to achieve these goals (i.e., training, PK, etc.) is as important as reaching the goals themselves.
The Team is the core and crux of the success of any work environment. Therefore, if the Team is not "complete" in their directions and intent, the store will suffer. Development of a Team therefore, is the single-most important factor towards success.
The hardest part of this job (as Store Manager) is being able to quickly identify the nuance personality types of each Team member and effectively apply that knowledge into a developed end-product (sales person/manager).
The most enjoyable part of this job is watching a hard worked program, or training evolution pay off in either successful presentation or in monetary value to your staff members; to reflect that each person (and every effort) is connected -and matters. – less

1 2 3 4

About Helzberg Diamonds

A fine jewelry leader since 1915.

Helzberg Diamonds Photos