Helzberg Diamonds

Helzberg Diamonds Employee Reviews

Excellent store manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Store manager great leader
Cons: Very slow and compensation is poor.
I was in between jobs and was my first retail job. Most of the days are slow so it gets boring and make days a longer. The manager however is a great leader, she leads by example. I enjoyed helping customers finding the perfect gift and specially grooms finding the perfect engagement ring.
The store manager is a great leader and makes the role easier.
Great place that cares about the development of their employees
General Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Excellent training, benefits, and compensation
Cons: work life balance is difficult.
Helzberg is an awesome company. There are very highly professional members in management and people that are excited about mentoring you so that you can reach your maximum potential. It's an excellent blend of a corporate job that still feels like a family
Helzberg had a great work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Very good benefits Very great team Very great services
Cons: Very long hours Very little family time Can be high sprung
Clean merchandise count merchandise set up and relocate merchandise send out the orders check received orders and call the customers help any customers that come to the store file paperwork

I learned how to up sale how to tell a diamond from a fake how to clean jewelry properly how to look at the diamond and jewelry under a microscope.

Management was great we all knew what we had to do when we had to do it. Always ahead of the game which means there is absolutely nothing to complain about.!

The hardest part of the job is when you know a sale is heading south and you have to turn over to another sales associate to try and make the sale because you are either 1 step away from closing or 1 step away from watching them walk.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is doing their thing and making every moment count when we work as a team win or lose we know we have our team.
In sales it's a numbers game.The move clients better the sales
Helzberg Diamonds (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Learning my profession. Teamwork is important.
Cons: Health care was not good. Our commision was very small!
I enjoyed working at Helzberg because I was learning something new. Some of my coworkers were ok and I made it work,then there was a group of us that worked so well together,real teamwork. Helping each other on a sales and giving the old pat on the back when it was a good day!
likable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 20, 2015
Pros: you could take a break when ever
Cons: parking
restocking , helping customers , cleaning, learned about different size weight of stones, hardest part of this job was the sales it was commission I don't like to fight over customer and sales, the beast part was being around beautiful jewelry
One of the worst places I have ever worked
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis areaMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunch sometimes, Discount
Cons: Pretty much the entire company
Not normally a person to negativity talk about my past employers but this one is an exception.

My supervisor was overall okay person, its the rest of the team structure that's the issue. Two words "High School"! The company doesn't believe in anything but the bottom dollar, hourly sales targets and of course credit. They start you off with an hourly base pay. If you want to succeed you have to take the lowest possible hourly base, and sell to pay your bills. After you set that number you are not allowed to step down or change your number. Choose wisely! Make sure you follow your sales plan or you're gone.

When they recruit you they throw a lot of unrealistic sales numbers and income potential at you all at once and tell you how great you will do. Don't listen to it. Unless you become the popular kid you will not succeed. The stress was so bad, I was on the edge of having a heart attack and I'm young and in great shape. So glad to be gone. So many veteran leaders in the district who had over 20 plus years with the company all have left if the last few years. Makes you think doesn't it?
great staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2015
The store I worked in was a great team and always assisted in the growth on one another. It was a larger volume store, so the sales people could be a little sharky, but overall was not bad.
Excellant place to work.
sales Associate (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 3, 2015
This company is a great company. Very ethical and high integrity
Highly trained personal and off on line training which is reimbursed.
Office Assisant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMarch 30, 2015
My typical day at Helzberg Diamonds was answering phones, helping customers and being a cashier. Management was very unorganized but it was a decent job. The most enjoyable part of that job was learning about something new and meeting many different people.
productive busy work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), United States , TexasMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good discounts
Cons: short breaks, pay rate
greeting customers , showing them jewelry , putting out merchandise . each day was a different experience , My co-workers were okay they weren't the best but I was not there for them , it is pretty much a competition between everyone when it comes to meeting your sell goals per day but overall it was a good experience while working at Helzberg Diamonds their employee discounts was probably the by far best thing about working there.
Productive and fun work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee), Wilmington, ncMarch 12, 2015
Pros: incentives and benefits
Cons: possible competitive environment
I had a great experience at Helzberg but it was due to my manager and coworkers and not necessarily the company. In any commission based job it can be very uncomfortable and cut throat but the people I worked with were great. I will say that Helzberg was very serious about their hr department and if there was ever an uncomfortable situation I felt confident that it would be handled by the company ad the hr department.
Co-worker and great
Sales Consultant/3rd Key Holder (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 5, 2015
Pros: clean bathrooms
Cons: bad management
Management is really bad at time. Co-workers are great. The hours are hard if you have kids and will have no life outside of work.
Typical day at work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: i love the people i work with.
Cons: not steady hours/ based on comission
A typical day at Helzberg Diamonds for me is to assist customers. I also check in merchandise and set it on displace on the sales floor.
Fast paced work environment with hard working but fun people.
Office Manager (Current Employee), New YorkFebruary 23, 2015
My day starts off with a list of administrative tasks that need to be completed that I make for myself daily. Being one of the company's busiest store in the tri-state area, working here requires you to be extremely efficient capable of multi-tasking which sometimes can be challenging but never impossible. The most enjoyable part of the day is that everyone is pleasant to work with and we all work as a team.
Lacked Work/life balance
Acting Manager (Current Employee), Farmington, CTFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: people i work with
Cons: management
Very Stressful. Always wanting more from you. No off time for family. Looking for POA daily. Never allowing an occasional Saturday off for family time. Pushing you to work more.
Good first sales job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good pay, great environment
Cons: few staff members, inconsistent hours, slower pace
My time with Helzberg gave me a lot of experience in business that I can translate into my new career. A typical work day was rather slow with not much going on. Most co-workers were great.
Great job for outgoing individuals
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Helzberg Diamonds is a great company that has been around for 100 years now. As a reputable jeweler, Helzberg Diamonds aspires to hire and train highly motivated individuals for their ranks.The most difficult part of the job is being scheduled at the right time. A good amount of Helzberg's sales rely on credit, so being able to attract customers with good credit is highly important.Typically, Helzberg Diamonds workers are expected to keep their store clean by organizing jewelry, cleaning the glass cases, vacuuming, dusting, and the occasional mopping.
Fun place to work, we are helping people everyday start their life together
Store Manager (Current Employee), Minnetonka,MnJanuary 15, 2015
This is one of the most rewarding jobs I have had. It challenges me everyday, with a staff of about 20. I have had the opportunity to grow, learn and become one of the best in my region. I love my job, however with work/life balance can be challenging at times. I am responsible for recruiting, training,scheduling,payroll,setting and acheiving goals each day/monthly/yearly.
Absolute worst management I've worked for
Sales associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ncJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: supposed to make commission, plenty of hours
Cons: often no breaks, poor scheduling and organization, poor management
Managers never put schedules out on time, maybe a couple days before the start of the week sometimes. Management also showed up hours late for their shifts because they "slept in" and when she finally showed up she would do her hair and make up on the sales floor. I also had assistant managers swear at me and talk down to me on more than one occasion. Very unorganized. Most of the sales team was very "clique-y" and quite rude, often times having to split sales with them that they didn't help with. I never saw any of the commission I earned. I would not want to work for this company again.
Great company and wonderful co-workers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Asheville, NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: enjoyed selling fine jewelry to happy customers
Cons: seasonal position
The expensive jewelry I would retrieve from the safe and lay it out into the locked, glass displays and then at closing I would take it out of the displays and put it back in the safe. Showing, selling and completing the sales through the PO system. Packaging and sending jewelry off for repairs. Handling special orders, including sizing and layaways, as well as packaging and wrapping when necessary for customers. Customer service with phone call and calling customers to inform them that their jewelry was at the store. Cleaning jewelry and inspecting repairs. Cleaning the store, stocking new merchandise.

The hardest part of the job was learning the PO system as it had many different operations it could perform.

1 2 3 4 5

About Helzberg Diamonds

A fine jewelry leader since 1915.

Helzberg Diamonds Salaries

$28,000 per year
Assistant Manager
$40,000 per year

Helzberg Diamonds Photos

Helzberg Diamonds employees contribute to the community through the Helzberg Helps committee.
Helzberg Diamonds carries a wide array of merchandise for all price points, styles and occasions.
Helzberg Diamonds stores are inviting to our customers.