Helzberg Diamonds Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work and learn about precious stones.
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2017
Helzberg Diamonds was an awesome place to work. They really educate their employees about their products and have an awesome yearly training session. I truly miss working there.
Pros
Pay bonuses, great moral, great skill training
Cons
Competitive environment on sales floor
what I learned working for helzberg
Fulltime Sales (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 18, 2017
there is absolutely no job security unless you are tenured in the industry and are willing to lie, cheat, and steal your way to the top. I loved working in the jewelry industry, but Helzberg is the most depressing job I have ever had. Compensation is average at best-definitely not worth your happiness.Helzberg is a horribly immoral and greedy company.
nice place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA 91210July 15, 2017
i enjoyed working For Helzberg Diamond, had a best Store Manager, nice and fun Co-workers. the working environment was great, the only reason i left the compan was the salary and commission structure.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
pay, commission structure
Very Positive experience
OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 11, 2017
After making the mistake in my initial interview of saying that I was only looking to stay with the company for two years, I was told that the Office Associate position would be right for me, as the store was only looking to hire sales associates who expected to make a life career out of Helzberg (my interview was for sales).

I accepted the position where I made ten dollars an hour, starting 2 less than a sales associate would start, not even comprehending the sales commission to be made on top of that. Helzberg does not like their office associates selling. Only as a last resort will Office be selling anything. It is not the best feeling being treated as a second class employee merely because I supposedly dont have the expertise to sell, its not my job, and here we are 6 months later and two sales associates have come and gone. WTF.

Besides my resentment on the pay and how Office Associates are treated like second rate broom boys, I did enjoy the friendly associates (including sales, and management) that I worked with. Being hugely constricted on my schedule as I was, my store manager was able to work with me like a champ and give me the days off I needed while making sure I got forty hours a week. Good company, long history.
Pros
Extremely good employee discount (50% on most things).
Cons
Office Associates treated like second class citizens
Sales (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OhioJuly 10, 2017
Good working conditions. Management was helpful in assisting employees to be successful in sales and service. Instructed store and offfice procedures.
High energy productive work place.
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 6, 2017
With the right group of people you can have a great time doing what you love. As with any retail position, however, it is what you make of it. Helzberg Diamonds is a great place to call home.
Pros
good discount
Cons
healthcare, employee incentives are terrible
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 29, 2017
As a retail store in the mall Helzberg diamonds gets really busy during the weekend. that is when you can make the most money since you work under an hourly rate and commission
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
no benefits since it was part time
Retail environment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 25, 2017
Retail Hours, Small staff and sometimes long hours commission and sales spiff. Helzburg always had their collector pins guest would come in for. Corporate training onec a year.
Pros
Work in the mall
Cons
Mall discounts
Good Job
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2017
Its a good job but not a career unless you want retail management. Retail hours could be excruciating and only good in busy time like Christmas but don't expect to spend time with family.
Pros
Commissions, spiffs
Cons
Retail hours
A nice place to work, clean and in the mall where the traffic came at a steady pace..
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2017
Clocking into work we immediately start to uncover cases from sheets to set merchandise that comes out of the safe with the merchandise, we, after that we cleaned, straighten cases, stocked what ever was needed, counted the cash drawers and was then ready to open to take care of customers greeting with a smile.
Great Place To Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 9, 2017
Great place to work, retail hours weren't for me as we were just starting a family. Fun, fast paced environment. Challenging sales goals, competitive salary and commission.
was nice
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 8, 2017
They changed the compensation for the worse around 2006. If you didn't know better it is a nice place to work (but it used to be awesome). You stand around in a suit all day and say nice stuff about jewelry.
Brief Stay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAJune 8, 2017
I worked for Helzberg Diamonds very briefly in comparison to my other jobs. However, I don't have any major complaints. The industry was just not for me.
Job Summary
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 6, 2017
I used my time working to gain knowledge of the industry, hone my sales skills and prepare for management positions. The turnover in management made it difficult to gain any traction in the sales end and good people soon found other means to obtain their job satisfaction.
Pros
Liked the store location and most of the people I worked with
Cons
Some of the people were more critical and judgmental.
greatb place to grow
Full time sale/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 4, 2017
I think helzberg Diamonds and there culture is beyond amazing. It is a great place to work if you want to grow in your field and have all the tools you will need to do so.
Pros
great pay, great bennefits
Cons
upper managment rules through fear
Learned So Much
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 31, 2017
What an amazing company!! They really do care about their employees. Great discounts and decent pay. I would highly recommend this job, If I didn't have to move across the country I would have stayed their a long time!
Great team, low-ish compensation
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IA 52806May 25, 2017
Love this company, but unless you work in a $6 million store with a decent client base, commission is low. Advancement is available, but you have to be willing to relocate a lot.
Store Manager In Waiting (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 25, 2017
Senior mangement is good in personal relationships.Work/Life balance is not great and compensation is not so good. Nice friendly work enverioment though.
Excellent
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIMay 23, 2017
I loved working at Helzberg Diamonds. All staff and management got along wonderful. It was a true team player atmosphere. The store was always organized.
Nice place
Office assistant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 14, 2017
Stay on your toes.. and know how to build clientele. It's an okay place to work but retail is retail. Your going to be on your feet all day and constantly talking
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helzberg Diamonds. Our community is ready to answer.