Hemet Unified School District

Hemet Unified School District Employer Reviews

Great
Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Hemet, CASeptember 13, 2013
Great staff always really helpful. I learned to be patient and compassionate.
Very few employees can I loved my job, but I can.
Confidential Human Resources Technician/Generalist (Former Employee), Hemet, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: state and federal budget cuts, reductions, and school program reductions.
I enjoyed coming into to work everyday, I loved the type of work I did and the people I was privileged to work with. I enjoyed seeing a potential employee thank me for helping them possibly finding a job, scoring well on a skills assessment exam, or the overall customer care I performed every day.

The hardest part of my job, was seeing someone fail – more... at the skills assessment exam. I would encourage them to continue trying to pass it and give it their best shot.

The most enjoyable part of my job, were the people I worked with, my team, my managers, and the wonderful school administrators who put children first. – less
Enjoyable place to work.
Substitute Maintenance worker (Current Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: work is diverse.
Cons: no healthcare benefits for substitute workers and hard to get on full time.
Typical day at work was to meet in the supervisors office to sign in and find out if there were any emergency projects to take care of and discuss what you had to finish up from the previous day, if any.
I learned that the most important part of the job is the safety of the children and that play equipment is extremely expensive.
My supervisor is a – more... good guy and fair minded and always seemed to have a smile on his face.
The co-workers are a fun bunch always kidding around.
Hardest part of the job was working in the summer time going in an hour and a half earlier to try and beat the heat.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is not the exact same thing every day, and we work at different schools in the district. – less
Lanscaping/costodial
Custodian 1 (Former Employee), Hemet CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: temporary
Shown how to use large landscaping equipment and cleaning up the High School campus.
Pleasant atmosphere and great communication with employees at district office
Physical Education/Adaptive P.E. Teacher (Current Employee), Hemet, CADecember 31, 2012
Pros: the array of disabilities that i am exposed to and learn about on a daily basis.
Cons: health care costs
The freedom to make decisions and support from the district office is amazing.
I work with a variety of Aides that have a variety of personalities. While this is fun and usually exciting, it can also be challenging to keep everyone happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the beautiful and very special children I work with. They can change my attitude – more... instantly. – less
Love the experience working with pets, children and adults in the health and food industry.
Nutritional Technician (Former Employee), Hemet, CAOctober 8, 2012
My typical day at work in the kitchen is preparing meals, cleaning and serving food for the students as a substitute for the school district. The demonstration job is new for NSP and it is in the health food stores doing demonstration of food to the customers. The other new job is for CLA and is in Petsmart walking and greeting customers for the science – more... diet cat and dog food. Iam still learning the quality of the science diet and variety. My working enviroment for all jobs is the best, people are friendly and i enjoy meeting. – less
Great place to work for those interested in helping children succeed.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Hemet, CASeptember 28, 2012
Pros: educating the future
Cons: not enough hours to educate.
Working with kids is great! I am a great listener so showing kids how to manage their time better and helping where I can was my job. Spanish/ English no problem was too difficult if your educated and have common sense. Theres days where things do get complicated because kids are people after all and sometimes your mending broken hearts and broken homes – more... and trying to show people the positive side of life. – less
Teaching young children is an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Teacher (Former Employee), Hemet, CAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: teaching is a creative active profession.
Cons: no negatives. i taught for 38 years and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
I was a third grade classroom teacher at little Lake Elementary. I had a self-contained classroom and was responsible for all planning and instruction. I thoroughly enjoyed working with children and feel that I was very successful.
Patience & Hard Work
Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJuly 29, 2012
Pros: helping
Cons: forgetting to take breaks
Learned a lot about patience and helping others to learn about the special education for other children with needs. Helping the Teachers in and outside the classroom.
Loved being in and out of the pool every day and working with the younger kids
Summer Student Worker Program (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJuly 23, 2012
Pros: free lunch, free rides to work
The hardest part of the job was trying to beat the heat.I enjoyed helping teach the kids how to swim.