Hemet Unified School District Employee Reviews

Bad
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 14, 2017
Management is not good, a lot is promised and never materialized, co workers lie to get ahead and cheat others, and lastly there is no benefits or job protection.
Productive Place to work in
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 31, 2017
Worked with high school AVID students who where eager to attend a four year university. Helped conduct small discussion groups, help with math subject
Cons
healthcare, benefits
Good teachers
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CA 92545June 11, 2017
The fellow teachers are good people but not always the friendliest. They will always answer any question you have, just don't expect a conversation with them if you're a substitute. Some of the administrations are less than helpful towards substitutes. Numerous times I would have a completely hostile and disruptive student sent back into the room to start all over again.
Not a bad job, but not the kind of place you want to spend your life
Site Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 31, 2017
If you can get a job with the district, it's good pay and decent benefits, but it's hard to do and not always the most fun. If you can tough it out and handle the bureaucracy, it's alright.
Hemet Unified is a great place to build a career
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 18, 2017
Hemet Unified is an excellent place to work. I have enjoyed all of my 12 years with this company. It is nice to be off when my children were off during breaks. It is nice to be able to plan a vacation and know you will be able to carry out your plans.
Pros
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
Cons
Part-time employment
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working here staff was great. Training staff was wonderful. Dispatch overall great. Shop m re Canucks cool Supervisor was awesome. I would
Fun Workplace
Tahquitz AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 8, 2017
It's a beautiful place to meet coworkers that value higher education as you do. I always enjoy coming to work here. I learned how to be able to maintain professionalism and still be able to connect with the students academically and help better their education for the better. Average day of work is helping out students that are struggling with tutorials, followed by grading their participation, and, if time permits, talk to students about their grades with other classes and how to improve them, or grade their binders.
awesome
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CA 92545April 23, 2017
great to work for would go back there without any reservations. the hiring process was very easy and quickly done. They were able to answer any questions and offered a fair wage.
The atmosphere was always welcoming and it was exciting workplace and have learned a lot
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 20, 2017
Working here was a very good experience I learned a lot with this being one of my first jobs. It was always welcoming. I learned a lot about many different types of jobs rather than just how to do one job.
Excellent Career
Custodian / Grounds / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 25, 2017
Great position to be at Hemet Unifited School District. You get to work alongside a work team to do and finish projects and work schedules. Hardest part of the job is the intense laboring and constantly on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part of working at Hemet Unified School District are the friends and security.

Want to know more about Hemet Unified School District?

Ask a question
Teacher's Aid
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I loved my job and knowing I was helping making a difference in the lives of children! (Even though children have a hard time understanding that until they are older.)
Pros
Cool hours and days
making a difference at headstart
Head Start Policy Committee Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Represent the children and families of the the Head Start program, currently participating in shared decisions concerning program design and implementation
As a designated Policy Committee Rep, we work in partnership with management staff
to review and make decisions to approve or disapprove on all policies and procedures.
Pros
making a difference with our opinions
Enriched work environment.
Substitute Asst. Storekeeper/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 20, 2016
Various duties: Supervise students before/during/after school. Provide routine instructional assistance. Supervise elementary/middle school students during lunch/playground periods. Assist special education students to/during/from school bus.
Caring Community of Educators
Instructional Aid for Head Start/State Preschool (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 13, 2016
My employers were very supportive and made sure we had whatever we needed to implement a quality program.
They always provided us substitutes when we needed help.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 13, 2016
Good District that is getting known for providing good customer service. Hemet is a small city, but its drivers are being sent to outside cities.
Supervision/Office Support
Supervision Aide/Office Support (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 22, 2016
Monitor children during lunch and recess. The hardest part of my job was watching so many kids put food in their pockets so they would be able to eat dinner. My co-workers and I worked well together. We always sat down after our shift was over to go over things we saw, heard, and what we could do to help these kids.
Pros
Working at the school my daughter attended
Cons
Having to have the children play in 112+ degree weather
Good job with some great people and some not so great.
Intensive Behavior Intervention Assisatnt (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 30, 2016
Working for Hemet Unified was good while it lasted. Though the management environment wasn't always conducive to productivity. that being said nearly all the staff were great hardworking people who really cared about the job. Some days were tough then others and student in that environment are not always easy to handle, but on a good day everything went smoothly and cleanly.
Na
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 3, 2016
Overall A good place to work when you are starting off as a CFY SLP. Gives you great interpersonal skills needed to be a successful SLP.
Great opportunities for advancement
Child Welfare and Attendance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 8, 2016
Interview students individually and with families to determine what services would best address their needs. Advise
students/parents on community resources, made referrals and devised realistic treatment plans. Communicate with
Public social and welfare agencies to obtain and provide information. Present case history material for review and
discussion with other staff members. Write petitions, court reports, case plans and other legal documents. Developed
workable solutions for recurring problems for individuals and families. Manage caseloads and act as an advocate for
students. Maintain thorough case history records and write detailed reports
Pros
Set hours and Monday through Friday. Great benefits.
Cons
Healthcare costs
Great atmosphere
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Not sure about every campus but my campus is awesome. Nice to have set work schedule and weekends off. School districts are not always easy to get into without experience but once in opportunities are endless.