Hemet Unified School District Employee Reviews

Supervision/Office Support
Supervision Aide/Office Support (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 22, 2016
Monitor children during lunch and recess. The hardest part of my job was watching so many kids put food in their pockets so they would be able to eat dinner. My co-workers and I worked well together. We always sat down after our shift was over to go over things we saw, heard, and what we could do to help these kids.
Pros
Working at the school my daughter attended
Cons
Having to have the children play in 112+ degree weather
Good job with some great people and some not so great.
Intensive Behavior Intervention Assisatnt (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 30, 2016
Working for Hemet Unified was good while it lasted. Though the management environment wasn't always conducive to productivity. that being said nearly all the staff were great hardworking people who really cared about the job. Some days were tough then others and student in that environment are not always easy to handle, but on a good day everything went smoothly and cleanly.
Caring Community of Educators
Instructional Aid for Head Start/State Preschool (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 13, 2016
My employers were very supportive and made sure we had whatever we needed to implement a quality program.
They always provided us substitutes when we needed help.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 13, 2016
Good District that is getting known for providing good customer service. Hemet is a small city, but its drivers are being sent to outside cities.
Great opportunities for advancement
Child Welfare and Attendance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 8, 2016
Interview students individually and with families to determine what services would best address their needs. Advise
students/parents on community resources, made referrals and devised realistic treatment plans. Communicate with
Public social and welfare agencies to obtain and provide information. Present case history material for review and
discussion with other staff members. Write petitions, court reports, case plans and other legal documents. Developed
workable solutions for recurring problems for individuals and families. Manage caseloads and act as an advocate for
students. Maintain thorough case history records and write detailed reports
Pros
Set hours and Monday through Friday. Great benefits.
Cons
Healthcare costs
Na
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 3, 2016
Overall A good place to work when you are starting off as a CFY SLP. Gives you great interpersonal skills needed to be a successful SLP.
Great atmosphere
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Not sure about every campus but my campus is awesome. Nice to have set work schedule and weekends off. School districts are not always easy to get into without experience but once in opportunities are endless.
Emergency Planning and Preparedness Technician (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 12, 2015
Working at Hemet Unified School District can be a two pronged approach to success. While taking on a perspective from the employees' union allows for greater camaraderie, most of the time, I was working with the respective management employees. From site level management to the District office management, I was able to gain an insight to some of the best decision makers I have ever worked with. While trying to balance incoming legislation with on-going challenges, HUSD management was the best, bar none.
Great with kids
Classroom activities specialist sub (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 30, 2015
Had people to show you how to do the job to best help the children. Would always help when you needed. Co workers were great as well as all the different sites that i got to work at.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, need longer hours
lesson plans, breakfast playing outside and interacting with kids
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 13, 2015
helping the children acheive the goals to move on to the next level of their academic studies as well as social studies in life in the outside world.
Pros
to be positive people and get along with others
Cons
to try to to get into conflicts with others at work or at school
Family oriented and nice to work for This is actually the best company that I have worked for in a long time . It's just that it will be a long drive
State Certified Driver Instructor (Driver Trainer) (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 27, 2015
I love working for this company it's just that I will be relocating to Adelanto soon and I'm looking for a job closer because I believe that the commute will be a little to much for me..
Benefits
Cons
None really
Its ok if you just got your CDL Liscense
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 3, 2015
If your transitioning from a contractor then this job may be the one for you. Its not the job for me being a 18 year veteran in transportation but again if your newly liscensed this may the job for you. I feel its to many people trying to be in charge which causes confusion. The salary is not competitive.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
To many people hands in the pot which causes confusion
Very serious work environment with incredible people.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CaNovember 10, 2014
Typically I'd patrol the perimeter with another security guard with more experience. I learned what to look for such as people who were trying to sneak in, people loitering, potential threats, and how to handle myself incase a fight were to break out. The management and coworkers were great. They showed me how to be respectful, confident, and above all diligent in my work. The most difficult part had to be staying on my feet the entire time which Isn't bad at all. The most enjoyable part was learning from my superiors.
Pros
Free meals, Talking with parents/students, and learning from my superiors.
Cons
No benefits
Love the experience working with pets, children and adults in the health and food industry.
Nutritional Technician (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 8, 2012
My typical day at work in the kitchen is preparing meals, cleaning and serving food for the students as a substitute for the school district. The demonstration job is new for NSP and it is in the health food stores doing demonstration of food to the customers. The other new job is for CLA and is in Petsmart walking and greeting customers for the science diet cat and dog food. Iam still learning the quality of the science diet and variety. My working enviroment for all jobs is the best, people are friendly and i enjoy meeting.
Great place to work for those interested in helping children succeed.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 28, 2012
Working with kids is great! I am a great listener so showing kids how to manage their time better and helping where I can was my job. Spanish/ English no problem was too difficult if your educated and have common sense. Theres days where things do get complicated because kids are people after all and sometimes your mending broken hearts and broken homes and trying to show people the positive side of life.
Pros
educating the future
Cons
not enough hours to educate.
Pleasant atmosphere and great communication with employees at district office
Physical Education/Adaptive P.E. Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 31, 2012
The freedom to make decisions and support from the district office is amazing.
I work with a variety of Aides that have a variety of personalities. While this is fun and usually exciting, it can also be challenging to keep everyone happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the beautiful and very special children I work with. They can change my attitude instantly.
Pros
the array of disabilities that i am exposed to and learn about on a daily basis.
Cons
health care costs
Very few employees can I loved my job, but I can.
Confidential Human Resources Technician/Generalist (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 7, 2013
I enjoyed coming into to work everyday, I loved the type of work I did and the people I was privileged to work with. I enjoyed seeing a potential employee thank me for helping them possibly finding a job, scoring well on a skills assessment exam, or the overall customer care I performed every day.

The hardest part of my job, was seeing someone fail at the skills assessment exam. I would encourage them to continue trying to pass it and give it their best shot.

The most enjoyable part of my job, were the people I worked with, my team, my managers, and the wonderful school administrators who put children first.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
State and Federal budget cuts, reductions, and school program reductions.
Teaching young children is an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 22, 2012
I was a third grade classroom teacher at little Lake Elementary. I had a self-contained classroom and was responsible for all planning and instruction. I thoroughly enjoyed working with children and feel that I was very successful.
Pros
teaching is a creative active profession.
Cons
no negatives. i taught for 38 years and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Enjoyable place to work.
Substitute Maintenance worker (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Typical day at work was to meet in the supervisors office to sign in and find out if there were any emergency projects to take care of and discuss what you had to finish up from the previous day, if any.
I learned that the most important part of the job is the safety of the children and that play equipment is extremely expensive.
My supervisor is a good guy and fair minded and always seemed to have a smile on his face.
The co-workers are a fun bunch always kidding around.
Hardest part of the job was working in the summer time going in an hour and a half earlier to try and beat the heat.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is not the exact same thing every day, and we work at different schools in the district.
Pros
work is diverse.
Cons
no healthcare benefits for substitute workers and hard to get on full time.
Love the Industry
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 16, 2014
Fast paced industry and never a dull moment. Your day flies by and met many interesting people both traveling and staff. Aer Lingus used exchange students as workers which was a delight and a plus for people traveling to Ireland to have a local to answer questions.
Pros
fast paced, great staff
Cons
middle man. Not an airline employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hemet Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2