Hemet Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Teaching and Learning Organization
Unit Secretary (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 27, 2017
I worked at Hemet Valley Medical Center as a Temporary Unit Secretary. Once I was fully trained I covered various inpatient units. I learned a lot about the logistics of the ADT process. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the staff and the physicians. They are very supportive and professional. Hemet Medical Center is a great teaching and learning organization.
Pros
Great training, and support
Productive and Fun
CSP Tech Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working at Huntington was that everyone got along well. Also, I learned how to work with everyone and take responsibility. For instance, a typical day was making sure that all the instruments were clean properly after surgery.
Teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAMay 18, 2017
The nursing team, on the floor, work well together. They care, and support each other. Nurses are able to seek help without feeling like it is a problem and are able to get the support they need.
Pros
Additonal works hours available.
Cons
Many shifts without a charge nurse.
fast paced and stressful at times
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 18, 2017
I love my coworkers its the nurses and management that has a power trip. housekeepers are not allowed to laugh and make things pleasant in e.r we get in trouble without knowing what we did.
Pros
some people are very nice
Cons
power tripped management and some nurses.
hemet
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 1, 2017
Great advocacy for patients, work culture is a breeze. Patient ratio is fair. Employees are friendly and willing to train. Management is great...............................
High acuity patients with little support some days
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hemet CAApril 27, 2017
Telemetry floor with high acuity patients, at that time the patient nurse ratio was 5:1, since then ratio has changed to 4:1. Often very difficult to manage patient load, with charge nurse having to also manage patient load.
Pros
gained nursing experience
Cons
Not enough support
Productive workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 12, 2017
Productive workplace, Busy from start of shift until the of shift, small office work close with others, no weekend work, Great office hours, rotating office position during the week.
Great first semester learning environment
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 23, 2017
I worked at Hemet as a second semester nursing student and learned a lot from the nursing staff there. Most nurses were helpful in adding to the knowledge base of students rotating with them, however, short staffing and lack of appropriate supplies were a chronic hinderance to patient care.
Pros
Good nursing staff to work with
Cons
Limited supplies, broken equipment, lacking a culture of safety
Good staff, poor management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sub-AcuteJanuary 28, 2017
The staff from the engineers to the doctors are great. The bad part is the management. As a nurse you do your best but never get a thank you or acknowledged even when you're the one talking to the department of health when they come for their yearly survey. The other nurses are the only reason many of us stay. But I guess not having a present manager for 7+ months is a reason for a lot of things slipping through the cracks.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
Management sucks.
Great Coworkers
Med/Surg Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CA 92543December 28, 2016
The nurses and doctors I get to work with are amazing at their jobs.Being able to work her has helped me so much and is still helping me strengthen my skills for nursing school.
Great Job
LVN II (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 6, 2016
I actually work in CDU Chemical Dep. Unit. It is a good job. I work full time and the benefits are very good. Vacation time is accrued quickly. The nurses are all great!
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Pay is on the low side
Low morale, very poor rating from the community.
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 15, 2016
Staffing worked very well together to meet the needs of the client, even under severe duress or lack of resources and supplies. New buyers have ruined its reputation of poor service even worse. Citizens of Hemet are commuting outside the area in droves for better health care.
Pros
Good teamwork by the staff.
Cons
Upper management extremely poor, new buyers even worse. Very low morale seen in staff.
This was my place for 15 years
RT (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 29, 2015
I loved working as a RT with this facility. I worked in all areas work was good until the change in ownership. The work was fun the crew was good and we all helped each other.
Very busy and productive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CaSeptember 15, 2015
Prepares and delivers food trays to hospital patients, performing any combination of following duties on tray line while serves trays to patients, collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen. Wash dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens and may record amount and types of special food items served to patients.
Pros
There is an abundance of support from employees
Cons
Sometimes I would have to work a double
Nice Staff; Complaints of Management
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 7, 2015
It was nice working there. Some doctors was a pleasure working with; good cases; alot of complaints of how the Department was ran
Pros
Friendly Staff
Unsatisfying work enviroment
CCU ER 12 lead EEG Arterial blood gas sampling (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 21, 2015
worked per diem unfar work loads clioclish staff
under new management now . I couldn't review it now asnd be fare
im unable to write more
Pros
ok pay, gave me a job when needed
Cons
unfair workloads unfreindly staff
Close to home. Easy to get to in a hurry
OR Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 9, 2015
I loved my hours at the hospital. I loved my job, what I did day to day. There are no long term benefits for employees. I worked at the hospital for over 6 years. Hardly ever received a raise and if I did it was only 6 cents. I worked very hard for the company and never felt appreciated.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No retirement
productive workplace with respect and profetional team work.
Unit Secretary DOU (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 8, 2015
I arive to work put the rooms in order for the nurses on the board. Put all Doctor orders into the computer charts. make sure the nursed had all the proper supplies for there patients, I learned that under no circumstances i was not to give any information about each patient to anyone over the phone.
The hardest part of the job was when a patient passed away, but i realized it was apart of life. The most enjoyable part was the fact that I made my own schedule and that i was buisy from the time i got their to the time i got off.
Pros
busy environment
Cons
the phones never stop ringing.
productive and very busy facility
Patient Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I enjoy working here. Staff is like family and very interesting patient community. very busy er. fun environment. heavily understaffed
Cons
pay, benefits and union
Complicated and very stressful work place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 9, 2014
While I was working at the hospital, most of my coworkers were constantly trying to get me in trouble and told my boss lies about me to try to get in trouble. I had a sick mother in law and a father in law who was out of town a lot so i could not show up to work for some of my work days. My boss was not understanding and never talked to me about some issues that my coworkers were having with me. I was not informed on how many days we were allowed to call off until it was too late and for some important matters i was not given a warning , I was given the next punishment for it. Their management and their ways of handling things and taking care of patients and their families are very poor.
Pros
Insurance, the pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hemet Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Hemet Valley Medical Center Reviews by Location