Henderson State University Employee Reviews

It was like working for your family everyone is really close
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJanuary 18, 2017
It was very easy and nice to work for them they treat you like family and love to help you out when your in need. It is hard to balance school and work along with a personal life but it you can plan and organize your time you will be fine.
Fun place to work.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARDecember 13, 2016
This was a great student job. I really enjoyed working there and helping the kids with their various math problems. My boss was great, and it worked well around my classes.
Pros
Worked between classes, not stressful
Cons
dirt low pay $7.00
Fun and fast place enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 11, 2016
The management is great, the professors are understanding. Everyday is something different. It's a face pace environment with lots of tasks to take care of. Learning how to prioritize is a plus to have an efficient day.
Productive place to work with a perfect environment for learing
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 6, 2016
Working as a tutor for my fellow peers was a great way to bring in some extra pocket money throughout the semester. Tutors were able to choose their own hours and create their own schedule, and were even able to do personal school work during shifts.
Enjoyable
Page Designer - The Oracle (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARApril 24, 2016
Working for the Oracle here at Henderson was very beneficial. With a background in Digital Art and Design, being the Page Designer was fairly simple, although some days were harder than others. The team of co-workers around me were all very welcoming and, for the most part, very productive. We were blessed with the opportunity to attend the Fall and Spring Collegiate Media Association Conferences in Austin, TX and New York, NY. Along with the valuable information and constant learning available, the conferences were even better shared with close co-workers. It was nice to go to work and be surrounded by people you could call your friends.
Pros
One day a week
Cons
May require to stay late into the night.
Great work environment with plenty of opportunity for learning
Computer Support Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJuly 18, 2015
I set up student lab, faculty, and staff computers within a computer lab and install, configure on location at campus office and/or lab. My coworkers are great, and since I have three information technology certifications and two college degrees, the work comes naturally to me. The hardest part of the job is that I am slow and methodical but almost 100% accurate every time with my installations.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unsure if it will become a permanent
education was number 1 priority
School of Business Aide (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARApril 20, 2015
typing tests, making copies, answering phone, running errands,proofreading for errors, typing test instructions, making sure instructors had all copies that were needed for their classes etc
Very great place to work during my 4 years of college
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJanuary 2, 2015
During working for Henderson State University, I loved to help children and educate them on life lessons. Being a Resident Assistant over 60 kids help me with my people skills.
inrtamurals
Intramural Official (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARDecember 9, 2014
terrible job while in college. tons of work for 400$ a month. Its a job but not one ideal for a college kid.
A home away from home
Theatre Student (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARNovember 12, 2014
I met life log friends and learned so much from my professors. I became a better actor, a better student and a better person in general.
Pros
doing what I loved
Cons
not always having time for other things
Bonded with coworkers but could have limited the number of programs.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARSeptember 10, 2014
This job taught me how to communicate effectively with people. It taught me how to listen. For example, it helps when someone is telling you something to repeat it back to them. It taught me how to ask the right questions. For example, if a resident was having trouble we were taught to not ask vague questions but to be specific so we could get to the root of the problem.
Pros
Free private room, discount at the bookstore, pay
Cons
Did not pay as much as other universites, more required programs than other universities, unnecesary paperwork
Awesome school
Front Desk Personnel (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 11, 2014
I loved it because I graduated from here and I would encourage anybody to go work with these wonderful students.
Pros
salary, work schedule
Productive, caring family environment
Public Relations Specialist, Star Yearbook (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJuly 7, 2014
Working for Henderson State University has been a joy for me. I have been an employee and volunteer in various departments. The environment is loving throughout all departments and very welcoming. The faculty and staff truly cares about their students, guests and employees.
Excellent opportunity to work with your professor
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ArkansasJanuary 6, 2014
I worked with the School of Business department as a Graduate Assistant. It was an excellent opportunity to help undergraduates and review my own strengths and weaknesses in terms of your academic knowledge. A typical day consisted of tutoring business undergrads, proctoring exams and assisting professors as well as Dean.
Excellent family type environment
Assistant Professor HPER (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, AROctober 10, 2013
Teaching future teachers is great
Learned how higher education functions
Good place for work study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARMay 23, 2013
I worked in the English, Foreign Language, and Philosophy Department. It was a great place to have a work study.
Work Study Programs
Clerical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARMay 20, 2013
I peformed light adminstrative duties as a work study student at an undergraduate University.
Wonderful learning environment for young professionals
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARApril 1, 2013
Great learning experience for higher education students to train their communication and management skills.
Pros
flexible hours and friendly staff.
Cons
none.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia ARMarch 6, 2013
The pupose of this job, is to assist incoming freshman in becoming familiar with college life. I was a person freshman could come to in the dorm anytime. I was instructed to assist and help their every need. I planned programs and events so they would have something fun to do. I also provided tutoring and companionship. The hardest part of the job was trying to tend to everyones need a different times, making sure eveyone was happy or comforatable. I learned different ways to deal with multiple personalities each individual obtained. I had pretty good Co-Workers and the management made sure we stayed on top of our job duties.
Pros
interacting with others being a major impact on someones life
Cons
no set schedule
Demanding and Fun
Running Backs Coach/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARFebruary 8, 2013
I am proficient with general computer programs including word, works, excel, power point. My communication skills, over the phone and in person are considered to be excellent according to former and current employers. I have strong media communication skills in answering complicated and advanced questions from multiple sources in sports media. While working as an intern for Henderson State, I was responsible for recruiting, academics, film cut-ups, field preparation, work-out preparations, position meetings, class checks, grade checks, teacher evaluations, player/professor rapport , study-hall, strengthen freshman organization skills, scheduling (practice & game), travel itinerary, NCAA compliance, recording game day tendencies, player evaluations, and recruiting tours on official and non-official visits. I would conduct all film breakdowns through Hudl and Game Exchange programs. All scout film, game film, recruiting film, practice film and offensive quality control were produced each day.
Pros
always learning and developing relationships with team and staff
Cons
never being informed. having to figure out all problems yourself and no guidline to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henderson State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3