Henderson State University Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment with plenty of opportunity for learning
Computer Support Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJuly 18, 2015
I set up student lab, faculty, and staff computers within a computer lab and install, configure on location at campus office and/or lab. My coworkers are great, and since I have three information technology certifications and two college degrees, the work comes naturally to me. The hardest part of the job is that I am slow and methodical but almost 100% accurate every time with my installations.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unsure if it will become a permanent
education was number 1 priority
School of Business Aide (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARApril 20, 2015
typing tests, making copies, answering phone, running errands,proofreading for errors, typing test instructions, making sure instructors had all copies that were needed for their classes etc
Bonded with coworkers but could have limited the number of programs.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARSeptember 10, 2014
This job taught me how to communicate effectively with people. It taught me how to listen. For example, it helps when someone is telling you something to repeat it back to them. It taught me how to ask the right questions. For example, if a resident was having trouble we were taught to not ask vague questions but to be specific so we could get to the root of the problem.
Pros
free private room, discount at the bookstore, pay
Cons
did not pay as much as other universites, more required programs than other universities, unnecesary paperwork
Enjoyable place to work and has great co-worker relationships. Faculty and staff could mesh better.
Facility Operations Mgr/ Dir. of Campus Recreation (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARMarch 26, 2012
Henderson State is a a good university to work for and is located in a small city that allows it to work well with not only its campus community, but the city aswell. The benefits that the employee's receive are wonderful. However, the chance for advancement in my position is stagnant. I would have to change careers in order to advance in a wider range of duties and in income. Therefore, I would give this job an excellent review but mainly as a entry to mid-level position.
Pros
flexibility and benefits
Cons
work budget and lack of advancement opportunities
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia ARMarch 6, 2013
The pupose of this job, is to assist incoming freshman in becoming familiar with college life. I was a person freshman could come to in the dorm anytime. I was instructed to assist and help their every need. I planned programs and events so they would have something fun to do. I also provided tutoring and companionship. The hardest part of the job was trying to tend to everyones need a different times, making sure eveyone was happy or comforatable. I learned different ways to deal with multiple personalities each individual obtained. I had pretty good Co-Workers and the management made sure we stayed on top of our job duties.
Pros
interacting with others being a major impact on someones life
Cons
no set schedule
Great environment to excel as full time student
Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJanuary 24, 2013
The job environment helped increase confidence and enthusiasm regarding problem solving. Both coworkers and student in need of assistance help ease the task by providing positive input. Overall, the hardest part of the job was to not be able to provide assistance to every student due to class hours obligation
Pros
free lunch on fridays
Cons
non
Excellent opportunity to work with your professor
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ArkansasJanuary 6, 2014
I worked with the School of Business department as a Graduate Assistant. It was an excellent opportunity to help undergraduates and review my own strengths and weaknesses in terms of your academic knowledge. A typical day consisted of tutoring business undergrads, proctoring exams and assisting professors as well as Dean.
Productive, caring family environment
Public Relations Specialist, Star Yearbook (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJuly 7, 2014
Working for Henderson State University has been a joy for me. I have been an employee and volunteer in various departments. The environment is loving throughout all departments and very welcoming. The faculty and staff truly cares about their students, guests and employees.
Very great place to work during my 4 years of college
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJanuary 2, 2015
During working for Henderson State University, I loved to help children and educate them on life lessons. Being a Resident Assistant over 60 kids help me with my people skills.
A home away from home
Theatre Student (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARNovember 12, 2014
I met life log friends and learned so much from my professors. I became a better actor, a better student and a better person in general.
Pros
doing what i loved
Cons
not always having time for other things
Wonderful learning environment for young professionals
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARApril 1, 2013
Great learning experience for higher education students to train their communication and management skills.
Pros
flexible hours and friendly staff.
Cons
none.
Awesome school
Front Desk Personnel (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 11, 2014
I loved it because I graduated from here and I would encourage anybody to go work with these wonderful students.
Pros
salary, work schedule
inrtamurals
Intramural Official (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARDecember 9, 2014
terrible job while in college. tons of work for 400$ a month. Its a job but not one ideal for a college kid.
Good place for work study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARMay 23, 2013
I worked in the English, Foreign Language, and Philosophy Department. It was a great place to have a work study.
Work Study Programs
Clerical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARMay 20, 2013
I peformed light adminstrative duties as a work study student at an undergraduate University.
Excellent family type environment
Assistant Professor HPER (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, AROctober 10, 2013
Teaching future teachers is great
Learned how higher education functions
Demanding and Fun
Running Backs Coach/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARFebruary 8, 2013
I am proficient with general computer programs including word, works, excel, power point. My communication skills, over the phone and in person are considered to be excellent according to former and current employers. I have strong media communication skills in answering complicated and advanced questions from multiple sources in sports media. While working as an intern for Henderson State, I was responsible for recruiting, academics, film cut-ups, field preparation, work-out preparations, position meetings, class checks, grade checks, teacher evaluations, player/professor rapport , study-hall, strengthen freshman organization skills, scheduling (practice & game), travel itinerary, NCAA compliance, recording game day tendencies, player evaluations, and recruiting tours on official and non-official visits. I would conduct all film breakdowns through Hudl and Game Exchange programs. All scout film, game film, recruiting film, practice film and offensive quality control were produced each day.
Pros
always learning and developing relationships with team and staff
Cons
never being informed. having to figure out all problems yourself and no guidline to help.

4.2