Henderson State University Employee Reviews

Great Experience with a But
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARSeptember 29, 2017
I value the experience gained at Henderson, but the administration strives in any way to keep employees at part-time status to avoid offering benefits regardless of length of employment or hours worked.
work study
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARSeptember 16, 2017
made no money since it was a part time work study job. it taught me a lot about the library though. it was a nice job, I would consider working in a library again.
Enjoyed teaching but never was able to move forward in my position.
Adjunct Instructor of Visual Arts (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJuly 23, 2017
Overworked and under paid. It was an adjunct position, which I understand not the most financially stable position. Really enjoyed the students and courses that were offered for them. It is a smaller school but was able to make up for it. I understand now academia is all about politics.
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJune 29, 2017
All outside work done on lawn mowers and weed eaters never a dull moment getting to meet new people at the college and always having fun always working outside
student
Transitions Senior Exhibition (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJune 9, 2017
great university, and staff. The staff is knowledgeable in their field. they genuinely care about each student. in my department, my professors knew me, I was not just a number. They genuinely wanted us to succeed, and do well. not just get degrees.
Great Experience
Finance and Economics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJune 1, 2017
I really enjoyed my coworkers and helping my fellow students. Working here gave me the opportunity to step outside of my comfort zone and work with people that I wouldn't normally have met.
Excellent
Student Assistant to Tennis/Cross Country (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARMay 1, 2017
Being the Student Assistant to the Tennis and Cross Country team was a great experience. As a Sports Management major getting to interact with collegiate athletes on a daily basis was a great experience and an eye opening opportunity to get to see what all went into being a collegiate student athlete.
Interactive, educational
Marketing and Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARApril 9, 2017
I worked here for work study to help with college expenses. It was very fkexible and though it didn't pay much, it definitely helped. The managers nice and the atmosphere is good.
Pros
Flexible.
Cons
Low pay
Working for the man
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day as a Research Assistant involved scanning and printing many papers. Also, running errands for professors as they saw fit. It was a part-time position that helped supplement to my every day lifestyle.
Pros
Break time
Cons
Pay grade
Nice
Peer/Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJanuary 19, 2017
It is a great school to be at. The people there are very friendly and willing to help. This job is a job that must be done within residence halls. The job focuses on freshmen and we must help them become sophomores.
It was like working for your family everyone is really close
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJanuary 18, 2017
It was very easy and nice to work for them they treat you like family and love to help you out when your in need. It is hard to balance school and work along with a personal life but it you can plan and organize your time you will be fine.
Fun place to work.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARDecember 13, 2016
This was a great student job. I really enjoyed working there and helping the kids with their various math problems. My boss was great, and it worked well around my classes.
Pros
Worked between classes, not stressful
Cons
dirt low pay $7.00
Fun and fast place enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 11, 2016
The management is great, the professors are understanding. Everyday is something different. It's a face pace environment with lots of tasks to take care of. Learning how to prioritize is a plus to have an efficient day.
Productive place to work with a perfect environment for learing
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 6, 2016
Working as a tutor for my fellow peers was a great way to bring in some extra pocket money throughout the semester. Tutors were able to choose their own hours and create their own schedule, and were even able to do personal school work during shifts.
Enjoyable
Page Designer - The Oracle (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARApril 24, 2016
Working for the Oracle here at Henderson was very beneficial. With a background in Digital Art and Design, being the Page Designer was fairly simple, although some days were harder than others. The team of co-workers around me were all very welcoming and, for the most part, very productive. We were blessed with the opportunity to attend the Fall and Spring Collegiate Media Association Conferences in Austin, TX and New York, NY. Along with the valuable information and constant learning available, the conferences were even better shared with close co-workers. It was nice to go to work and be surrounded by people you could call your friends.
Pros
One day a week
Cons
May require to stay late into the night.
Great work environment with plenty of opportunity for learning
Computer Support Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJuly 18, 2015
I set up student lab, faculty, and staff computers within a computer lab and install, configure on location at campus office and/or lab. My coworkers are great, and since I have three information technology certifications and two college degrees, the work comes naturally to me. The hardest part of the job is that I am slow and methodical but almost 100% accurate every time with my installations.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unsure if it will become a permanent
education was number 1 priority
School of Business Aide (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARApril 20, 2015
typing tests, making copies, answering phone, running errands,proofreading for errors, typing test instructions, making sure instructors had all copies that were needed for their classes etc
Very great place to work during my 4 years of college
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJanuary 2, 2015
During working for Henderson State University, I loved to help children and educate them on life lessons. Being a Resident Assistant over 60 kids help me with my people skills.
inrtamurals
Intramural Official (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARDecember 9, 2014
terrible job while in college. tons of work for 400$ a month. Its a job but not one ideal for a college kid.
A home away from home
Theatre Student (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARNovember 12, 2014
I met life log friends and learned so much from my professors. I became a better actor, a better student and a better person in general.
Pros
doing what I loved
Cons
not always having time for other things