Hendrick Automotive Group

Hendrick Automotive Group Employee Reviews in United States

Management failed at every turn, service advisors have no clue
Technician (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSAugust 14, 2016
Service advisors accuse technicians of not fixing a vehicle correctly when the customers DECLINE the repairs previously. Then the Tech is expected to fix it for free.

Poor management practices, lack of ability to control employees or direct employees.

Over priced Family benefits.

Payroll screws up paychecks about once every other month.
Horrible Customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 4, 2016
I went for a job interview and was expected to wait over an hour and after waiting for 45 minutes was told that the manager who was going to interview me was busy. I'm like are you serious so I should be able to come in late for work because I was possibly busy. Lack of professional staff...people stared at me no one even spoke just sat in groups and chatted. Customers walking the lot with no salesman available obviously? This was the worst dealership based on integrity and customer service satisfaction I've ever seen! !!!
Pros
Nice appearance
Cons
Horrible Customer service
Trust no one and believe nothing
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 23, 2016
Upper management was comprised of weasels and that's putting things mildly. Service director and gm in particular. Pay plan and commission "restructuring" resulted in about a 15% pay cut except for upper level staff. Have a long history of running off quality people.
Pros
There were decent perks here and there
Cons
Senior management
Fun Workplace With Room For Growth
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 20, 2016
I haven't been with Hendrick Automotive Group for long, but I am so glad I took the leap. I feel VALUED- definitely something that was lacking at my previous workplace. I'm excited about all the opportunities I think I could work my way toward, and I'm really looking forward to my future here. I also have a great work/life balance, my boss doesn't micro-manage me, and I like my co-workers (this applies to ANY job- do your best work, and everything should fall into place). I actually like coming to work every day.

I would definitely recommend Hendrick Automotive Group to anyone that is interested. Apply now, you won't regret it!
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Continuing Education, Reasonable Pay
Cons
My commute- no big deal, though
Hendrick used to be a good company to work for but that company no longer exists who they are now is someone I would not consider associating myself w
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 18, 2016
Hendrick was a company that was well-respected and was a desirable place for employment. It is now a place where there is no respect for management the employees are no longer assets Now just numbers and bodies.... upper management has no respect from the people in the dealerships they are merely tolerated no work home life balance pay plans change often... they took a company that was number one and now it's a mass exodus of people looking to find what they had before in other entities. It's truly amazing upper management is still employed
Pros
Benefit package is decent
Cons
Too many to mention the biggest car is they lost what made them the best
I absolutely hated working here.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJune 27, 2016
I worked in guest services and they treated their employees so poorly. They were rude. I was astonished to watch how they treated customers. I applied because of a friend and she told me for the get go how she didn't like it. I was miserable. I do not recommend working for this company that cares so little for their employees.
Horrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 16, 2016
Horrible place to work. My checks were $800 every 2 weeks here. For working 50+ hours a week. All the management lies. They hire and fire every week.
Cons
Was a good place to work before takeover
Technician (Former Employee) –  Will not specifyMarch 22, 2016
Worse place I worked at my entire life. Don't even waste your time. .ore enthused about pushing unneeded service and pressure sales.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Bad management. Employees ate trash mentality. Work harder pay less.
Great Company
Sales Consultant/ Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 7, 2016
Learned a lot with the Hendrick WAY TRAINING PROGRAM, I enjoyed working with a company that values compensation and competitive benefits. Great Company.
Real Teamwork in this Company
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 10, 2016
The Hendrick Automotive Group is just about the only Dealer Group that will stand behind what it says, and also back you up at the same time. This is what creates trust. Having worked for 2 other Dealer groups, I am proud and humbled to be part of this Team. I really have the feeling that I have found my last Company and that's a great feeling in this industry.
Don't believe the hype!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2016
They draw you in with the concept of making money in sales, the commission is low, and to make a bonus you have to sell LOTS of cars!! They give deals to their favorite people while some sales people hustle for pennies. Don't even look for a promotion unless you're a GM's buddy. Forget your weekends and holiday because you work. Forget your family also because you'll never see them. But no one cares. And you may even be eligible for Obama care for the low pay get for your long hours!!
Pros
You can relocate to any Hendricks, drive lots of cars, discounted car if you purchase
Cons
Long hours, poor management, no sick leave, no family life

Comment – March 10, 2016

I am so sorry you had that type of experience. If you don't mind I would love to know more about your situation and what Dealership you worked at.

Great Management, Great Co-Workers, Great Place to work!
Porter/Driver (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 7, 2016
Work is work, but I still try to find a way to enjoy myself, and this company allows me to do just that. People here are great, very friendly and easy/fun to work with. Management is great as well and I'm happy to work for very knowledgeable and helpful people. Lastly, the pay is good depending on what you do. What makes it better is there's always room for career advancement, but that's all up to you if you're willing to take on the challenge. Overall, great place!
Pros
Vacation and Sick Time off, Great Management, Great Co-Workers, Monthly Employee lunches (feasts).
Cons
Can't think of any right now, I'll update once I find any. :)
Terrible company to work for!
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 2, 2016
Do yourself a favor and keep looking. Worst company I've ever worked for. Pay is horrible, management is horrible, no training, they mess with your pay, over worked. Big mistake!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
This is an excellent company to work for, I most definitely reccomend it.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2016
Hendrick Automotive Group is an astonishing company to work for. They are caring, understanding and motivating. Your career is extremely important to them. They help you have a life/work balance. I attend school, still have time to work a full time job and manage to have family time. Hendrick Automotive group offers you many opportunities for advancement. You can truly have a career through this company. It is family oriented. Everyone treats one another like they are family. The most enjoyable part of working with customers and your co-workers. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this company.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays, family-like, advancement, discounts, work/life balance
Cons
N/A
Hendrick Automotive Group
Guest Service Manager & MA GS Trainer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 7, 2016
I've worked for the company now for almost three years. With much help from the managers around me, I've been able to accomplish so much and grow within the company. I learn something new everyday and always from a different department. I'm so happy I work for Hendrick Automotive Group and I would recommend applying for any position within the company, there is always room for advancement.
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 17, 2015
Since heandrick bought us out in may of 2013 all gets better and better. I really mean it. Yes I really mean all that has happened here at hendrick
Hands down, the best dealer group I have ever worked for.
Service Director (Current Employee) –  Duluth GADecember 17, 2015
After hearing so many positive things about the Hendrick Automotive Group, it has been my goal to join this company. My opportunity finally arrived and everything I have heard is true. This is the best career move I have ever made!! This extremely professional organization allows me to grow and flourish as well as work as a team to constantly improve. Everyone here clearly enjoys their job and this attitude carries over to our customers. Our customers give great CSI scores and their repeat business is a clear indication that the Hendrick culture is all about people, both employees and customers.
Pros
professional, knowledgable employees that care about eachother and the customer.
Cons
NONE!!
advancement is only limited by your desire
Service Director (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 12, 2015
Great opportunities for anyone who loves the automotive business. The company is focused on it employees, customers and the future of our business. They are always looking to improve even on things they do well at. They are engaged with all departments and strive for excellence across the board in every area. I love the challenge and the growth. Their integrity and core values are communicated to everyone and our leaders exemplify that every day which creates a culture like non other in the car business. Proud to say I work for the best Dealer Group in the world!
Pros
co-workers with a team oriented attitude
Professional and comfortable work enviroment
Sales manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CANovember 2, 2015
As the largest privately owned automotive group Hendrick provides all the necessary tools for employees to succeed in their careers.
Management is genuinely concerned with your wellbeing and interested in your professional advancement.
Personal touch is not lost like at some large corporate public companies.
If you want to make a career in car business - this is the place.
Best Company I have ever worked for
service advisor (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 28, 2015
In a limited answer, I will tell you that the only way I'd ever leave Hendrick Automotive, is if termination occured. This group provides me with ANYTHING I need to accellerate within, and THRIVE. The group challenges, yet assists its employees in improvment while also setting goals to keep me motivated. I recommend Hendrick Automotive to anyone as a first or last job, it is truly a place where a career can be made.
Pros
Great hours, pay, benfits, excellent manager
Cons
Distance from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hendrick Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Hendrick Automotive Group Reviews by Location