Hendrick Health System Employee Reviews

Performed all follow-up work & collections for all Medicare accounts for four & a half years
Credit & Collections Rep- Medicare Accounts (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 14, 2018
I spent 5 days a week working through follow-up reports on all Medicare accounts. Overtime was never approved. It was an over-whelming job volume wise & I was told @ the time I accepted the job that the sheer volume alone would be impossible for one person to keep up with, but that they would get me some help.
But after four & a half years there was still no help in sight. They would not even let me cross-train anyone else in the office to help me.
I received a "Commendable" evaluation four years in a row which earned me 0.25 per hour raise per year
Pros
liked the people & worked with & working with the public
Cons
I do not like leaving work undone, but could see no end in sight
Poor Management
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Working here wasn't that bad but to have to put up with the horrible management is another story. They stab you in the back and never back you up. Certain employees are allowed to do anything they want. These are the ones who kiss butt. If you have a brain of your own and suggest something that management doesn't like then you are considered the outsider. Never received an uninterrupted lunch and many of the staff is not willing to help you.
Cons
management
Excellent Organization
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Hendrick Health System is a wonderful organization with great onboarding of customer service first principles, and a mission statement of true Christian charity. My job was an entry level one with little advancement, and with a new baby on the way I could not afford to stay.
productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Accumalated patient service skills, recording accurate meal intake, professional relations with employees and nurse practioners, relating to patients; putting a smile on their face, taking away their problems
Great job
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working for the Hendrick. I worked in ER as an Admission Representative. It was fast paced but we worked as a team to make sure we had the best results possible. Definitely miss working there.
Was a great place to work and the employees were nice.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Everyone was great who i worked with. I have no complaints. The only reason i left is i did not want to wait very long to move up in the company and the manager positions were not going anywhere anytime soon. That too shows how good of a company Hendrick is to work for.
Management is taking their cues from Huron
Staff Nurse Tele/Obs Unit (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 6, 2018
Patient care is not as much a priority as it was in the past. Length of stay has become the new priority. The days can be very long sometimes. Things are very busy and fast paced,
Pros
Not many
Cons
Work until you get things done
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 4, 2017
It is a great place to work, with great management. The healthcare facility itself is fantastic, and I would recommend it to anyone. You receive good training, and everyone is fun to work with.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low pay rate compared to other places
Okay place to work
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 2, 2017
Its a hospital so it is a busy place. High turn over rate. Often make you work by yourself on floors with 30+ patients. Doesn't try hard enough to find replacements.
Great Place To work
Nurse Clerk for C-7 Neuro Floor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 26, 2017
C-7 was a fast paced floor. Neuro surgeries, back surgeries, head injuries. The staff were great. They have awesome nurses that would teach me or any other person who was in school.. The charge nurses all would take me under their wing and show me new things when appropriate. Even the Surgeons were all friendly.
Pros
Great friendly attitude with staff.
Cons
Nurse clerk does not pay well Low Census called off
great workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 24, 2017
It's a great workplace but as a single mom the work to life ratio wasn't adding up the way I wanted it to. I was spending more time at work and less time with my child.
Pros
benifits
Cons
short breaks work/life ratio
Great Place to work
Observation Coordinator LVN (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 21, 2017
Hendrick is a great place to work, learn and grow. The people are engaging and the workload was shared efficiently. I respect the work the people do there and I can honestly say that I was given every opportunity available to me. If given the opportunity I would return in a minute!
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
The only thing I can say is some departments over reach into others.
It's a fine job
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 13, 2017
It was a fine place to work. I worked there for 2 years. I enjoyed learning to draw blood from damaged veins in the cancer center. I especially enjoyed giving medical injections and not causing any pain.
Pros
Sit down job mostly
Cons
Doctors and Nurses attitudes
Went downhill fast
Medical Transcriptionist - Home based (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 3, 2017
I was initially very happy with the job, even though the pay was low. The manager was great, and everything was really going well. After a change of management, everything went downhill. My "flexible schedule" that had been put in place by the first manager due to some disabilities I have was simply pulled right out from under me with NO notice, and they gave me no option but to leave. I am still working with the EEOC on this case. Shortly after I left, they outsourced the entire transcription department, which was likely in the planning for quite a while.
Phenomenal hospital for the area
HIM Hospital Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 3, 2017
Absolutely loved working here! Great leadership and huge impact in the community. If the location was different, would have stayed there till retirement.
Environmental Services Responsibilites
Environmental Services Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 2, 2017
As a Floor Technician it was very important to maintain the cleanliness of the hospital needs, I enjoyed being apart of this medical system, it had great management and team members.
Pros
Very balanced and stress free.
Cons
Working the graveyard shift.
HMC Review
Charge Nurse, Interim Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 24, 2017
Absolutely love my manager and Vice President. Have a good team that I work with that keep patient at the center of their care. The culture of the organization however, is not always patient centered it is more corporate centered. It has not always been that way and I hope it changes back to patient centered.
Pros
Room for Advancement
Cons
Not always patient centered
Observation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 18, 2017
The daily work was not too much but there was an expectation set forth and with different supervisors in all areas the communication was not the best. Managers are able to set forth the important goals and what the daily plan is.The hardest part of the job is there are many details and one has to be detail oriented. The most enjoyable part of the job is that no one will micromanage you. As long as you are clear on your goals then you are able to be successful.
Pros
work atmosphere is relaxed
Cons
the communication among staff at times needs to be better
I started as a Health Tech then became a LVN
LVN (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 25, 2017
HMC is the best health care system in Abilene, Texas(my opinion), I had state of the art training, there were lots of room for advancement, the management was fantastic and always behind their employees, the hardest part of the job was the hours, the most enjoyable part of the job was all the new things you got to learn, They were always making advancements in technology and trained the employees for theseadvancements
Pros
Bnefits, pay, management
Cons
hospitals of course are open 24 hrs and so the hours can be too much
Fun place to work but could be chaotic at times
Materials Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working there till they switched my job title to a different department. by doing it they made the job much more difficult than it ever should have been.
Pros
Great insurance, people were enjoyable to work with
Cons
Too many clicks though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hendrick Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Hendrick Health System Reviews by Location