Hendrick Health System Employee Reviews

Great people!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 29, 2017
Busy radiology department. Learned to correspond with radiologists, and improved my knowledge of terminology. Certain supervisors easier to approach than other. Great employee/co-worker encouragement, and hospital showed employee appreciation. Leaving position to pursue remote transcription employment. All of the knowledge gained in radiology, and the great friendships made.
Pros
Many employee benefits and appreciation shown
Cons
Small crew but they were mostly older guys so they taught me a lot
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 11, 2017
Working at Hendricks was a huge learning experience, there wasn't a day that I didn't learn something new, it was my first not fast food job so I really worked myself hard.
Pros
Hour lunch, weekends off
Gallup Great Workplace 10 years in a row
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 6, 2017
This is an awesome place to work. Named one of the Top 150 places to work in the US for several years. Also named a Gallup Great Place to Work and knows as having one of the most engaged workforces. You have the chance to do what you do best every day. Your opinions count and you will find a 'best friend' here. Employee celebrations are frequent events.
Pros
Only a 5 minute drive to work in town or 15 min to country; Small enough to know everyone
Cons
Community is small enough that personal life is known at work
From where I plan to retire
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  HPNJanuary 18, 2017
After spending more than 30 yearsin the healthcare industry, many of those years being spent in other cities, I can honestly say this the best healthcare institution with which I have ever been employed. Of course there are tough times, but that is healthcare. What impresses me the MOST about Hendrick is the endeavor of employees to LIVE out the Mission Statement every day with every encounter. From the CEO, all the way down the ladder, the patient is at the center of every decision. Employees are empowered to participate in changes and voice opinions regarding new decisions. Obviously, no every employee or every patient will be pleased, but the effort is made every time. Prior to my employment with Hendrick, I was looking to leave the Abilene area; now I plan on retiring from Hendrick. I am proud to be part of this team and to make a positive impact on the Abilene and surrounding communities.
Pros
Patient care, executive management, abilities to servce on committees to make changes, benefits
Cons
Lower than industry standard pay
Awful
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 8, 2016
This is one of the worst places to ever work. The benefits are the ONLY good thing about this job. HPN Provider Network is awful. There is no help, high turnover, and extremely lazy employees. Management is awful, and your treatment depends on how much you brown nose the office managers. As long as you are brown nosing, you can practically get away with murder. Employees do not work as a team. It is a hostile work environment full of gossip and bullying, even by upper management. HIPPA is strongly siggested, but not followed by majority of employees, especially if those employees are patients. It is almost impossible to get a lunch break. You always have to stay late to finish catching up. I highly recommend avoiding this establishment as a patient or employee.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Coworkers
Suck it up
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 21, 2016
Been there a long time and I have heard that phrase a lot. My manager has used that phrase during staff meetings and in one on one meetings. We were expected to put up with 12-16 hour days 5 days a week and cover call over night. We were promised a change that only happened for a day or two but quickly went back to the way itbwas before. So if you want to just suck it up and deal with it then this is the place for you. Oh yeah don't expect any changes to happen
Cons
Short breaks, no time off
Over worked and underpaid
Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 12, 2016
I agree with previous statements about management. There was no one to talk to. I was told never to speak to a physician about any issues in the office. I worked for one physician that would see up to 28 patients per day and they hired a NP who saw 10-12 patients per day. There was 1 LVN and 1 medical assistant for all those patients, phone calls, faxes, medication prior auths or medical prior auths, paperwork, medication refills, office procedures, replying to calls or calling back reports were very hard to manage with so many patients in the office, keeping up with senseless ligs for everything, etc. All additional office duties. The physician would run through. "Lunch" so we would end up working Through it. All management said was for the 2 employees to manage "breaks". Asking for time off was absolutely ridiculous! 90% of patients were terribly rude and we would get cussed out for not returning calls in a timely manner and or not refilling meds is a timely manner, or not getting paperwork back in a timely manner. We were nit backed ip by mgmt or the phyician. The load was way too big for for 2 staff members. We were told they were going to hire someone for about 6 months and it didn't happen. The job was 8-5, just to keep our heads above water we would work until 7 or 8 PM. There were definitely favorites and it was extremely noticeable. Promotions going to staff members that walked the hallway taking about decor, babies, pregnancies were the ones getting promotions. Mgmt told me I needed to prove to them that I could be a leader for a promotion. Raises were 10-15 cents  more... a year. I worked there for 8 years and never got a promotion. Insurance and the option to payroll deduct at Hendrick are the perks.  less
Pros
Insurance. Payroll deduct
Cons
Many including pay scale
Secretary/Media Production/Audiovisual Specialist
Secretary/Media Production/Audiovisual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 27, 2016
Coordinated meetings, conducted reserch an completed necessary editing of material.I was able to learn alot of different things media,audio and secretary things.
Would NOT recommend
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 17, 2016
Management does not listen to your needs. Wanted me to work around patients with a highly contagious illness. Higher positions pick favorites and make everyone else do the dirty work.
Horrible bosses
CMS (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 13, 2016
The supervisors at HPN are horrible. They definitely play favorites if you are their favorite you can get away with murder but if you're a decent hardworking Dependable loyal employee and don't get sucked into the favoritism and whatever robots they want you to be their extremely mean and rude and overload you with work. It's basically whoever butt you kiss the best is how well you're treated and that is not in my personality so even just trying to go to work and do your job to the best of your ability never worked they always put the sickos in charge of people. I have always wondered why the upper management of Hendrick have never noticed the rapid turn over there are they blind or do they just not care and unhappy employee can not do a great job always wondering what is going on behind your back. The two supervisors at HPN Suite 200 are the most horrible horrible people I have ever had to deal with.
Pros
getting a small check
Productive and fun environment
Medicolegal Technician I (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TexasSeptember 19, 2015
Wonderful atmosphere as soon as you walk in the building. Wonderful co-workers and management. Everybody brings creativity into the workplace.
Awesome place to work
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 25, 2015
I really did like working for HMC. I loved all of my co workers and loved assisting them with whatever they needed help with. My favorite part of this job was that I got to work the schedule that was needed during my working experience there.
Professional environment with opprotunities to advance.
Admission Representative 11 (Former Employee) –  Abilene,TxAugust 5, 2015
Room for advancing or transferring to other departments. Great environment to work in with great benefits. Non-smoking environment.
Pros
smoke free work place
Very few good co-workers, horrible management and pay
RN (Current Employee) –  NursingAugust 3, 2015
A lot of drama that never ends. Cannot go to management with issues/concerns because nothing will be done about it. Management plays favorites, it's basically high school where the popular kids don't have to work while the unpopular are expected to do everything. Very low pay, poor raises, not too flexible when employees have sick kids, appts, etc., no holiday pay, punished if you have even five minutes of overtime. The Starbucks rocks, the Quiznos rocks.
Pros
discount on insurance
Cons
no breaks, low pay, no flexibility, mgr plays faves
It was a positive experience.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TexasFebruary 13, 2015
I worked for Hendricks for a year and a half and it was a good experience. I had a small child and they were flexible and pro-family. At that time the positions available for advancement were limited in my area, but I enjoyed my time there and my co-workers.
Worst company to work for !!!
Customer Service Referral II (Former Employee) –  ABILENE, TEXASJanuary 5, 2015
The medical supply is VERY small and drama filled work place. Everyone there are in cliques, you either fit in with the clique or you don't and, if you don't be prepared to be out of the loop. The amount of work they give you deserves more pay then what they are giving, also they do not have holiday pay. The management is a joke and the co-workers are an even bigger joke !! I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work for this company. Going to management when you have a complaint is a complete waste of time ! They will not do ANYTHING!
Pros
Some nice co-workers, good cafateria and starbucks
Cons
Poor managment, drama, no holiday pay
Overall
LPN (Former Employee) –  HealthNovember 26, 2013
Low annual raises. Dishonest bosses and Charge Nurses. Bullying. Character assassination. Unfair patient load assignments. No retention program. Low pay. High turn over rate for RN's. Not enough aids for patient load. Mean rude Doctors. Company would rather spend money on how to tell you to give better customer service than give you better than a 25 cent raise. Park out in an area that is unsafe and unlit, barely covered by security. No lunches no breaks on 12 hour shifts. Not a great place. Hendricks hides mistakes. If your not liked they fire you. Bad company period
Cons
No breaks. Rude nurses. Lying boss. Terrible raises 12-25 cents.
Productive and fast paced environment
assist doctors and nurses (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 21, 2013
Worked in fast paced hospital that allowed me to work with excellent skilled professionals that allowed me to grow in the medical industry. Have excellent management personell and hard working co-workers that made it very stress free workplace. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irrate patients and putting up with all criticism throughout the day and having to remain professional but very pleased and enjoyed my days off after working 12 hour shifts and relaxing with my family.
Pros
Excellent team oriented hospital
Cons
short breaks
busy medical supply
CSR lll (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 15, 2013
Very poor management. Titles were made up for employees to be able to step up and have a title. Positions were given to people that didn't have the experience.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no breaks
Fast paced job and must work weekends.
hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 30, 2013
Tips are good but hard to manage family time when you work nights and weekends.
Pros
holiday pay, free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
Saturdays breaks were short, back problems from standing all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hendrick Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7