Hendrick Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Very few good co-workers, horrible management and pay
RN (Current Employee) –  NursingAugust 3, 2015
A lot of drama that never ends. Cannot go to management with issues/concerns because nothing will be done about it. Management plays favorites, it's basically high school where the popular kids don't have to work while the unpopular are expected to do everything. Very low pay, poor raises, not too flexible when employees have sick kids, appts, etc., no holiday pay, punished if you have even five minutes of overtime. The Starbucks rocks, the Quiznos rocks.
Pros
discount on insurance
Cons
no breaks, low pay, no flexibility, mgr plays faves
Horrible bosses
CMS (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 13, 2016
The supervisors at HPN are horrible. They definitely play favorites if you are their favorite you can get away with murder but if you're a decent hardworking Dependable loyal employee and don't get sucked into the favoritism and whatever robots they want you to be their extremely mean and rude and overload you with work. It's basically whoever butt you kiss the best is how well you're treated and that is not in my personality so even just trying to go to work and do your job to the best of your ability never worked they always put the sickos in charge of people. I have always wondered why the upper management of Hendrick have never noticed the rapid turn over there are they blind or do they just not care and unhappy employee can not do a great job always wondering what is going on behind your back. The two supervisors at HPN Suite 200 are the most horrible horrible people I have ever had to deal with.
Pros
getting a small check
Secretary/Media Production/Audiovisual Specialist
Secretary/Media Production/Audiovisual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 27, 2016
Coordinated meetings, conducted reserch an completed necessary editing of material.I was able to learn alot of different things media,audio and secretary things.
Would NOT recommend
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 17, 2016
Management does not listen to your needs. Wanted me to work around patients with a highly contagious illness. Higher positions pick favorites and make everyone else do the dirty work.
Productive and fun environment
Medicolegal Technician I (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TexasSeptember 19, 2015
Wonderful atmosphere as soon as you walk in the building. Wonderful co-workers and management. Everybody brings creativity into the workplace.
Professional environment with opprotunities to advance.
Admission Representative 11 (Former Employee) –  Abilene,TxAugust 5, 2015
Room for advancing or transferring to other departments. Great environment to work in with great benefits. Non-smoking environment.
Pros
smoke free work place
Challenging work with a lot of calls on a daily basis.
Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 10, 2012
My last shift was 7A-3P. Answering calls into my board (one of three) averaging 900 calls per day . I learned all proceedures and as many extensions and personnel as possible to make processing calls more efficient. Management was reasonably cooperative with breaks and meals. Uncooperative when I found the need to move on for more salary and better??? hours. Co-workers were for the most part okay. Some had the idea that they did not have to process calls on an expedited pace. Hardest part of the job. Sitting for hours causing back aches and tired bodies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between hospital staff and guests to the facility.
Pros
lack of reasonable compensation.
Cons
sitting for extended periods of time
Worst company to work for !!!
Customer Service Referral II (Former Employee) –  ABILENE, TEXASJanuary 5, 2015
The medical supply is VERY small and drama filled work place. Everyone there are in cliques, you either fit in with the clique or you don't and, if you don't be prepared to be out of the loop. The amount of work they give you deserves more pay then what they are giving, also they do not have holiday pay. The management is a joke and the co-workers are an even bigger joke !! I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work for this company. Going to management when you have a complaint is a complete waste of time ! They will not do ANYTHING!
Pros
some nice co-workers, good cafateria and starbucks
Cons
poor managment, drama, no holiday pay
Awesome place to work
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 25, 2015
I really did like working for HMC. I loved all of my co workers and loved assisting them with whatever they needed help with. My favorite part of this job was that I got to work the schedule that was needed during my working experience there.
Fast paced Emergency Department
Pool RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 24, 2013
Very busy ED with large patient turn over. Positive supportive peers. Limited support from management.
Pros
benefits are good.
Cons
support and positive attitude from management has alot to be desired.
It was a positive experience.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TexasFebruary 13, 2015
I worked for Hendricks for a year and a half and it was a good experience. I had a small child and they were flexible and pro-family. At that time the positions available for advancement were limited in my area, but I enjoyed my time there and my co-workers.
Productive and fast paced environment
assist doctors and nurses (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 21, 2013
Worked in fast paced hospital that allowed me to work with excellent skilled professionals that allowed me to grow in the medical industry. Have excellent management personell and hard working co-workers that made it very stress free workplace. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irrate patients and putting up with all criticism throughout the day and having to remain professional but very pleased and enjoyed my days off after working 12 hour shifts and relaxing with my family.
Pros
excellent team oriented hospital
Cons
short breaks
busy medical supply
CSR lll (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 15, 2013
Very poor management. Titles were made up for employees to be able to step up and have a title. Positions were given to people that didn't have the experience.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no breaks
Fast Paced, High Stress
Admissions Representative II (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 6, 2012
This job was highly stressful. The environment was fast paced. We checked in at least 200 people per day for outpatient medical testing. Sometimes operations were a mess and management failed to correct them.
Great untill you NEED something done. Great co-workers....Bosses Horrible!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Hendrick Medical SuppyMay 14, 2013
For a Baptist Hospital, I walked out the door when they wanted me to be dishonest to a patient about why we could not supply them with something. I WILL NOT put my character and Values and Beliefs above my job. I took it to my supervisor and got told, that's just how it is...well...No it's not. Not in my life.
Loved my co-workers and will miss them and my patients that I have grown attached to in the years that I have worked for Hendrick Medical Supply.
Pros
great co-workers, great hours...
Cons
dishonest bosses who lie to cover up other employees mistakes.
Fast paced job and must work weekends.
hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 30, 2013
Tips are good but hard to manage family time when you work nights and weekends.
Pros
holiday pay, free lunch on saturdays
Cons
saturdays breaks were short, back problems from standing all day.