HENDRICK MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

Very Professional
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 25, 2015
Very professional place to work. They offer great benefits and take care of their employees but there are employees there that take advantage of the benefits. Some management play favorites with employees and problems do not get taken care of. Very long hours; if an individual works 12 hour shifts it is hard to have a life outside of the Hospital. They have also gone to no nicotine at all and I do think that this is prejudice and I do not understand how they can function with so few people since they won't hire people who smoke or dip. In 2 years I barely got a raise.
Pros
Discounts on food; healthcare; sick and vacation time
Cons
Long hours; nicotine free; management plays favorites, pay isn't great
Worst employee relationships . All based on the "friend" system. This is a Bible Belt small town joke.
Trauma Administrator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I worked here for three years . The employees do not respect hippa laws. Have no compassion to patients unless church is involved . This hospital is more like a high school them professional facility .
Pros
They give you a badge so they can dock your paycheck for food and other small items . Low pay, riude coworkers.
Cons
No ethics, mangers will cover up horrible actions for friends .
fun workplace
Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 30, 2016
my fellow co workers made work a fun and enjoyable place to work..there was food in every department u worked in..was able to learn more about other fields in construction..
Pros
free food everywhere
Cons
9 different bosses and low pay
Productive work place with encouraging co-workers and management
Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 16, 2015
Productive work place with supportive co-workers and management. Learned the importance of team work, multi-tasking, and personal/professional boundaries. Great support and multiple learning opportunities.
Pros
Free lunch, learning opportunities, supportive co-workers and management
Cons
Short breaks, parking
Productive, Fast Pace, Great people
ED Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 10, 2013
Overall a great place to work. Always something to do to keep busy. Very productive place to work with great benefits. Co-workers are always there to help. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency from the management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and come across and the ability to help patients and people.
Pros
help people/patients, benefits, laid back setting
Cons
management inconsistent, drama
Okay, but not great
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 15, 2015
I had a summer internship here about a year ago, and worked in the lab. Chemistry wasnt too bad, but the track system to deliver specimens was always breaking down. I really like the analyzers, when they were behaving. Blood bank was mostly slow, and the manager was nice, but the supervisor was very lazy and cared more about her 2nd business than the lab. Hematology had very condescending staff that werent nice to students. Microbiology was pretty fun and the staff were great.
High pressure day with new experience to use in the future
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 5, 2015
High pressure yet enjoyable day. Management encourages learning. Better equipment could be acquired, but overall the work is challenging and fun.
Pros
HIgh pressure, challenging
Cons
Falty equipment, poor communication
just not for me
CNA (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 24, 2013
i thought that i wanted to work in the hospital when i graduated from high school, i am going on two year at the hospital and im not interested in it as much as i was, people their are great i just wish that if you missed something or forgot something someone would nicely pull you to the side and say hey you didnt do this but thats not what happens.
Pros
you get to meet new people, good benefits
Cons
feels like your on your own, no help really
Efficient but angry
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene TxJune 18, 2015
Workers are very serious about their jobs and pretty decent with the work done!! Very task oriented and like things done quickly!! Should offer an anger management course, people seem to stay angry through the whole shift and then come in angry after that. Never understood why people kept coming if they didn't like their job!
Pros
learn new skills, opportunities to take free courses
Cons
people with bad attitudes
Great work environment
RN, BSN, CCRN @ ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TxSeptember 16, 2015
The facility as a whole is surrounded my knowledgable personnel and a friendly environment. As a community we all strive to provide the best patient care possible to the public. We do this by using our the state of the art facilities and progressively striving to utilizing latest medicine.
Busy yet fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Great place to work and learn and very nice co workers. Can be stressful sometime as a lot of the time the floor i worked on was short on aides. sometimes they would have just one aide for the whole floor.
Overall good place to work
Registered Nurse, Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 14, 2015
Hendrick is very nurse friendly. They value their employees and work hard to make the hospital a good working environment.
Hendrick offers several opportunities to advance
LVN Prison Health (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 3, 2015
Working at Hendricks requires a dedicated mindset. You also can not be overweight or a smoker. It really makes for a challenging place to work.
Pros
Delicious food
Cons
Being treated like an inmate, no smoke breaks
I Finally found a great company to work with.
Clinical Technician I (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 13, 2015
A company that is all about investing in their employees and treating them like family. A typical day is never dull and always a new adventure. The nurses are amazing and all the Dr. have a wonderful bedside manner. The best part of my job is that i am making a difference in helping patients.
My unit was great!
Progressive Care Unit - Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 27, 2015
I worked on a fantastic unit with a great manager and team. The organization as a whole seemed unethical in their financial practices.
Pros
great work life balance if your were a temp employee
Cons
the organization did not care about nurses and the infrastructure was stuck in the 90s
A hospital that promotes excellent patient care
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 25, 2014
Currently work as an RN in a 25 bed critical care unit. I originally started out at Hendrick Medical Center as a CNA back in 2006. I was highly encouraged by my manager to go back to school and be a nurse. I received my LVN in 2007. Hendrick then partnered up with Angelo State University and presented a six-month LVN to ADN program. I was picked for their very first class along with five other LVNs. I worked as an LVN for 2 years while taking classes to advance my ADN to my BSN. Hendrick Medical Center encourages their nurses to further their education and be the best nurse they can be. I truly believe Hendrick Medical Center influenced my drive to keep furthering my career. They care about their employees and most importantly their patients.
Great Place to Work
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 22, 2014
Hendrick is a family has a family atmosphere and has provided me with many years of great experience. I have been given so many opportunities to advance my career there. The management is very nurturing and I have been given the opportunity to be a part of their team. I have great satisfaction with my job at Hendrick but am looking for an opportunity to work from home.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
time demand
A Day In My Life At Work
Radiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 12, 2014
I am Lead Technician on the weekends. I work 2-16hr shifts and an 8hr shift. I do the schedule, assign Techs as well as myself where we are working in the hospital for that day. I have to cover the main department, trauma center and surgery. We have students all the time, which allows me to use my skills to teach and to also learn from the students. My co-workers are the best. We work well together and get the job done. Hardest part of my job is making everyone happy and most enjoyable is having a part in a patients life.
Pros
learning and meeting new people
Cons
not much room for advancement
A large nonprofit that seeks to serve their patients
Transporter I (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 25, 2014
Being able to directly interact with patients and influence their experience at the hospital is an incredible responsibility as well as opportunity. While transport is typically viewed as low on the chain of importance it allows us to exceed expectation and take pride in adding to the overall experience of the patients. Co-workers can be disgruntled by the lack of appreciation shown by patients and different departmental staff, however, they shoulder on and continue a vitally important job with only the knowledge of their necessity being the drive for excellence. The most difficult part is seeing a patient I ultimately cannot help, who is closed off to any comfort or kind word while the flip side is making a patient smile on an otherwise unhappy day that nobody wishes to find themselves in.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
lack of communication
busy place to work, but easy to get in your exercise
Advanced Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  abilene, txSeptember 23, 2013
a typical day included preparing intravenous medications for patients, delivering the medicines to the various stations, answering the phone and preparing oral medicines to go to the floors. i learned to be on my feet for long periods of time. the management was fine, and my co-workers fine too. hardest part of the job for me was to leave something unfinished and pass it on to the next person. at the point i don't remember what the most enjoyable part of the job was.

HENDRICK MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location