Hendricks Regional Health Employee Reviews

Respiratory department has a terrible work environment.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danville, INDecember 5, 2016
Terrible work environment in the Respiratory Department. The director DOES NOT support the staff. The director would rather put the blame on his staff in order to maintain his good ole boy, rubbing elbows status. Past supervisor's have been a cause of problems amongst staff due to non support and gossip. Having a supervisor that harms relations between departments and continuously makes problems worse seems to be the best pick for the director. This mainly being night shift. Until they get rid of the management good ole boy club, I would not recommend working at this place. A typical work day can be more overwhelming than working at a large hospital because they are always short staffed and have no help from management when in a bind. The on call system they have set up is terrible too because it allows other employees to take revenge on other staff by calling in and making them come in on their time off. This happened all the time. A staff member might get upset with you and then call in all week when you are on call, just to get revenge. Of course the director would do nothing about it because it did not affect his life. As far as the other staff throughout the hospital, they are great. Working in the hospital and working with other departments was always enjoyable.
Ok
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Danville, INOctober 29, 2016
Company has lost sight of their community values over the last few years. Pay is on the lower end and security is unprofessional
Pros
Smaller hospital
Cons
Benefits aren't great
Company is struggling as it grows
Registered Nurse- Medical/Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Danville, INSeptember 3, 2016
As this hospital grows there has been continued growing pains that greatly affect the work enviornment of the employees in a negative way.
Excellent employer
Registered Nurse - Immediate Care Center (Current Employee) –  Danville, INMay 10, 2016
HRH leaders work hard to exemplify the core values of leadership, compassion, and trust to their employees. My co-workers are incredible nurses and I am honored to work with such dedicated nurses.
Group of dedicated professionals
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Danville, INApril 2, 2016
This is a great group of people who want to provide nothing short of excellent customer service. Very dedicated staff and management.
Loved working here!!
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Danville, IndianaOctober 19, 2015
Management sub par. All about going back to school to further education, but not to fond of transferring positions. Loved the people I worked with. But didn't like micro-management. Doctors are very friendly.
enjoy working in this office with my co-workers
Office LPN (Current Employee) –  Danville, INSeptember 22, 2015
learned all aspects of the diseases my physicians work with. enjoy pt contact. fun co-workers. fast paced office setting. management does the best they can under occasional stressed circumstances.
Pros
fun place to work. Very friendly atmosphere.
Cons
short staffed at times
Worked there 13 years
Medical Front Office (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INSeptember 14, 2015
Worked there 13 years was told promises and received nothing. If you're in upper management you've got it made.
Watch your age. You get to old, they start tearing you down, tell you awful things that aren't true. Then they fire for a made up protocol.
Pros
A place to go, no help, through management, or co workers.
Cons
Low pay, no support from doctors or managers. You have to be in the elite group.
Good to Bad
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Danville, IndianaMarch 16, 2015
What was once a very successful organization with a very healthy bottom line is now a "treat people worse" kind of organization. Placing the fear of job loss in the hearts and minds of employees is what the CEO is best at. He is not a leader. He does not even do a good job of faking it. Thirty years of building a great foundation and strong community employer, ripped apart in just a few short years. Why does the Board approve of such behavior? Everyone is in it for themselves.
Excellent working environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Danville, INFebruary 18, 2015
Patient education, safety, staff education were excellent. An excellent hospital in all aspects. Teamwork! Learning experience daily and personal care given to the employees as well as the patients. Physician support was excellent.
Great Learning Opportunity
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Danville, INDecember 2, 2014
I learned so much in this job. It was a small hospital so I felt comfortable asking questions about anything I wanted to know about. I loved my job, the management was sub-par. Things that you'd think would be common sense turned into a huge fiasco with certain employees. I loved the interactions with the patients and had so much fun making the blood drawing experience go smooth for them.
Pros
patient interaction, Small Hospital, Great Benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, INOctober 31, 2014
Co-workers hard working and team oriented.
Physicians great to work with.
Great benefits.
Pros
Great benefits
Good co-workers
Clinical Attendant (Former Employee) –  Danville, INOctober 1, 2014
I enjoyed the job and working with the patients of the hospital. A typical day at work consisted of communicating with patients, and their families. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, and we all made the job fun. Management is management, just like every place else the management system needs to be "tweeked" a bit so its not so micro managed.
Pros
Working with patients
Clean place to work
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danville, INJuly 1, 2014
Cleanest hospital to work in. Great co-workers. Not too many politics. Indepence to do tasks freely.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Compensation
enjoyed work environment
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Danville, INApril 26, 2013
Unfortunately not much room to advance in this company. You were merely a number with management. The staff was friendly from the medics to nurses to physicians and clerks and worked well as a team.
Cons
no room for advancing
ok
Job duties patient transporter (Former Employee) –  Danville, INMarch 26, 2013
bad pay, management to match. Some of the people are alright the rest should not be working in a hospital
great place
Housekeeping/ support services (Former Employee) –  Danville, INFebruary 25, 2013
friendly, warm, organized, hard working, caring atmosphere
Pros
direct deposit pay, cafe money taken out of pay checks, smoke free, everyone is welcoming and friendly
lazy management; incompetent preceptors; back-stabbing coworkers
instrumentation technician (Former Employee) –  DanvilleNovember 8, 2012
I took a job in central service and was made many promises.
The structure of my training was hectic and disorganized.
My coworkers were back-stabbers; I found this out at my review-you know nice to your face kind-of people-these people cost me my job with all their lies, half-truths, and more LIES.
My team leader (who thought she was the boss and rarely helped her coworkers because she thought she was the boss) was as lazy as they come (sat on computer most of her shift-not doing work even when they were short-handed and struggling) My boss? rarely saw him-unless it was to degrade me, never anything positive came out of his mouth.How these two acquired these positions is beyond me.
A bunch of gossiping and racism; something I would not have expected in a hospital.
My coworkers did not care if I learned or not.
Instead of actually teaching they just had me running around from task to task so I could not learn things properly.
I learned that "newbies" aren't accepted with open arms.
There was nothing enjoyable about this job; they left me on my own-after improper training or lack of training, which they took no responsibility for- and expected me to do the work of 2-4 people and when I could not do it, they did not get it, but somehow the day shift, which consisted of 4-5 people could not keep up and left me all their tasks they couldn't complete, on top of my own duties!!
This department of the hospital was the most disorganized place I have ever worked in.
I got a job with another employer (not a hospital) in a warehouse that pays better and I am treated better (so sad how cheap
  more... these hospitals are; except when it comes to their CEOs etc...) I spent $30,000 going to school and get paid better working in a warehouse;PATHETIC!!!!!
Also, my team leader, my boss, and one of the coworkers do not have their CRCSTs, which is a REQUIREMENT; but I have mine. These people have all been in the field for years!
It seems to me they can't keep anyone for that position. Is it the new employee? No, its the working environment (push, push, bullying, degrading and berating) It is the management and coworkers that keep this position open.

RUN, RUN, RUN from this hospital!
Pros
there were none
Cons
hendricks motto: we treat people better...ha...i know they don't treat their employees better
The most enjoyable part of the job
RN Emergency Department System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentAugust 29, 2012
I very much enjoy the family atmosphere of my current position at Hendricks Regional Health. Everyone that you meet is very sweet. Families work here at Hendricks Regional Health meaning that you could see a Mom and Daughter or Husband and Wife work together in various departments. It is just fun to see how generations after generations decide to come and work at HRH.
Pros
discounted (awesome) meals, great insurance benefit
Cons
up coming healthcare changes has caused a lot of changes and cut backs.
Great people that work there.
Support Service Associate III (Current Employee) –  Danville, INJuly 8, 2012
The delivery job I do is different every day. I enjoy being outdoors and also customer service with so many hospital associates. Everyone I work with is kind and considerate from the doctors to the cooks. No one is above the other and everyone respects each others positions. The job I do requires organization, flexibility, heavy lifting and follow up. I have excellent managers who allow me to make whatever adjustments to my schedule that I need to do. I have earned their trust and they support me in all I do.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
feel job i do should be paid more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hendricks Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7