Hendrickson Trucking

Hendrickson Trucking Employee Reviews

verry little pay low hours
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 28, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: little pay
go to work wait for local pick ups very slow not consistent with pay
Disliked by California Law Enforcement
Company driver (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: they did not care about the driver and it showed
Truck initially assigned to they essentially changed my status from company driver to lease to own with no discussion. Trailer fleet very much unlike the great majority of fleet's out there did not have air ride suspension, result, a lot of freight got shook up a lot.
The first time around with these folks was tolerable until when it came time for me to go to Missouri for a deposition; they warned a week ahead ignored my request and I simply honored the request of the court and quit to go to Missouri.
On second time around first paragraph is relevant. When Baldwin came available I jumped at it.
Filling orders
Production Associate (Current Employee), Canton, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: we have free lunches about once a quarter.
Cons: was hard to get crosstrained to have better pay.
I gained the skills to fill work orders per order sheets. I had to enter them into the computer, and weigh them. I then have to put shipping labels on the box. I then take them to shipping.
trucking company
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 14, 2014
Cons: everthing
had to wake up early, was not a very good company to work for would not recommend them to anybody
worst company I've ever worked for
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: the forman was awesome but no longer employed there
Cons: payroll, upper management, office employees, old equipment, disreputable, lacks honesty and integrity, unprofessional, out of compliance
One star is too generous for this place! Extreme problems in payroll!! Dont expect to get paid for all your overtime...This company does extremely disreputable things. They have no concern for employees wellbeing including technicians, drivers or dispatchers. If you look at previous 5 star ratings these are from current employees that are by far a major part of the problem. This company does not pay their bills with any of their vendors. Beware definitely look elsewhere
Prior Reviews are a Joke
Company Driver (Current Employee), all 7 western statesJune 4, 2014
Pros: good maintenance, helpful office
Cons: older equipment
So here's the deal, I read a lot of bad reviews on this place and every single one of them had one thing in common: they're from former drivers. If you want to know about a company ask an employee who currently works there. Hendrickson is actually a great company to work for: they care about their drivers' safety and well being, the office staff is great and the recruiting department is honest and helpful. The pay is great and they offer benefits which is hard to find in a trucking company
Current employee
Payroll (Current Employee), Sacramento caMay 22, 2014
Pros: good pay for drivers
Cons: prior frustration (in the past)
I have read many of the reviews about this company and I would say that they may be correct but the company has been working very hard to fix the issues including hiring more staff in the office to have more controls to help the drivers. In my experience the company has always been great. The owner is a hard working man who gets out there and delivers freight himself so he understands first hand what the hard working drivers go through on a daily basis.
Very busy work place
Billing Specialist / AR (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Cons: no holiday pay, no over time pay
Hendrickson Trucking a awesome place to work at but not enough people to work in departments, the hardest part about working at Hendrickson Trucking is i been doing a three person job for over two years now and it can be stressful at time but still manage to get things done in a timely manner. My co-worker are great team players.
professional
Line Driver (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: good milage/no forced loads
Cons: company down sized. owner passed. kids took over.
Loved working with my dispatcher. Never any forced loads. Equipment was always functioning properly.
Hell in a hand basket bound for bankrupsy
Dispatcher & Driver Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: management, 20% of the co-workers, favoritism, no raises
After much thinking and much deliberating on what I can say about this company I have come to the conclusion that nothing good can be said about this company. My day started at 4 am to be to work by 5 am I would work from 5 am till 8 pm every night for 5 days straight. Then I would work every other Saturday from 5 am till 6 pm as a dispatcher and a driver manager. On the weekdays I would be in control of 30-35 drivers on the weekend I was in charge of the whole fleet 300+ drivers; what loads there were on, where they were, HOS, who was off, who was on. And from all of this I learned multitasking, sleep deprecation, poor management skills, note taking, analyst studies, flowcharts, spread sheets and all for the same pay as all of the other driver managers and dispatcher. Management was like nothing i have ever seen before. The owner of the company did what ever he could to keep the drivers poor and most weeks we as a company did not pull in enough money to even pay the drivers let alone the staff but he had to have his private airplane and hanger to keep it all in. The company fired a few people that were key to keeping the company running smooth, like the head of IT. Then the company hires some slacker that cant block a simple website from being looked at. The old head of IT asked for $100k a year and was fired. The new IT asked for $100k a year after working there 2 weeks and go it. My supervisor was a good guy to work for his boss not so much. If there was anyone that you would not want to have as a boss he was the guy. He could micromanage then point the finger when something – more... went wrong. It was never his fault. He could talk his way out of any situation and make you feel that no matter what the problem was you were to blame for it. He had this way of treating you like you were a child, make fun of you, degrade you, insult you, point out your short comings, humiliate you and do that all with a smile on his face. Writing this down has brought me down thinking about the time that I spent with the company. It is getting harder to write this review. I am going to stop now and complete the stuff below.

The pay does not out way what the company did to me. – less
HENDRICKSON TRUCKING IS A HUGE JOKE
former lease opperatetor (Former Employee), las Vegas, nvJanuary 18, 2013
Cons: everything
This trucking company is a huge joke, they will make you change your logs, company is 100% lease purchase with no way to complete the lease, they will run you just enough to make the truck payment & pay for your permits and fuel!
enjoyable
AP/Receptionist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2012
Answer phones, input EFS checks daily into system, do criminal background checks on new orientation drivers, verify past employment, input accounts payable invoices into system, process new applications
Truck Driving
Company Driver (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 16, 2012
Pros: seeing a lot of the us i had never been to.
Cons: no social life, very little time with family and friends
I have driven for Hendrickson Trucking for just over a year, first as a lease operator and now a company driver. My typical day could start with going and picking up various loads, delivering a load, or driving towards the a destination or pick up. I can drive for up to eleven hours before having to take a break for 10 hrs.

The hardest part of the job is not having any kind of social life, time with family, friends and being gone for three weeks to six weeks at a time then only home for a few days.

The only thing I really enjoyed about the job was seeing parts of the country I haven't seen before.
working at hendrickson trucking
driver (Former Employee), sacramento caApril 7, 2012
Pros: hahahahahaahhahah thats a joke
between hendrickson and swift swift would have ben a better choice cause hendrickson doesnt like there drivers to be comfortable wile your on the road wile they go and sleep in nice heated houses when its cold or sleep in a nice ac house. they like to see the drivers sweeting and freezing they say if you hot roll the window down and park under some shade (right were is there shade at a truckstop) if its cold get more blankes it would be nice if they cared about the drivers so that way mabe there equipment will be better taken care of. and when you go threw orientation dont believe a word thats said cause they only care about the load thats why there turn over is 110%
bad company to work for
Driver (Former Employee), Sacramento CAMarch 1, 2012
Cons: poor management
if you work here, you will be driving a truck that is not DOT compliant. Dont work here!