Hendrickson Employee Reviews

Steady and Reliable Work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYDecember 31, 2016
There was plenty to do so as long as you showed up and worked you were guaranteed to have a job the next day and the day after that. management willing to work with you if there was ever anything that showed up. Lots of good people work there and was easy to get along with everyone. Good clean work place.
Treat their employees fairly and kindly!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHDecember 1, 2016
Overall good place to work. Never forced overtime, but the opportunity is there! You are rotated jobs, so it's always different and busy. They treat their employees like family with luncheons and rewards for a job well done.
Pros
Treated with respect.
great place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYOctober 7, 2016
good hours great people great location learned how to weld co workers were awesome great benefits. great vacation and awesome holiday meals awesome core values
Pros
overtime
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kendallville, INMarch 20, 2016
I work 10 hours days, completing work orders,schedule daily work loads, managing the maintenance tech's making sure all equipment is up and running at all times.Schedule PM's thru the scheduler and production supervisors.Schedule overtime as needed.
Productive, Versatile Job Skills
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 19, 2015
Job at Hendrickson was full of versatile job skills. Trained in different departments and could be switched at any time. Management held many informative meetings about company process.
Pros
Versatility of job training in all departments
Cons
Ran out of raw materials to many times
Fast pace productive work daily
Welder (Former Employee) –  JOLIET, ILMarch 16, 2015
I learned how to assembled semi-bumped truck parts. Management was polite.I enjoyed the help from my co-workers we all worked hard together as team players.
Pros
overtime
Cons
lack of comunitcation
general
Fork Truck Operator in warehouse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 7, 2015
Assembling suspension box for Trailors. Fork Truck Operator in warehouse. I liked working here but they took the project to Kentucky
Production atmosphere
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYNovember 9, 2014
Ok place to work but the shift was third shift with little chance of moving up for several years.
This place has potential
CNC machinist/operator (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYFebruary 1, 2014
It is ok place to work if you need a job. Huge room for process improvement, but improvements are stifled by lower level management and the buddy system. Jobs are extremely dangerous, safety is a big issue there. Advancement is slow if any. I would suggest working here if you are young and ambitious enough to attend college while working. This way you can get a Bachelor's degree for free.
Pros
No mandatory Overtime, 10k/yr education benefits
Cons
Buddy system type management, Huge an clear disconnect from Upper management and lower level management.
Never again
Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 13, 2014
You don't get trained right. You get yelled at. Its only safe until they want production out.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
One of my most enjoyable jobs.
Welder/Fabricator.Assembler. (Former Employee) –  ILOctober 23, 2013
Started in fabrication shop burning out parts and set-up welding assemblies of large crane chassie`s up 25 ton each. Moved on to assembly shop and was able to use all my skills building fire truck,and dock spotters,and a few custom built trucks.Great job,nice place,ended up closeing.
Pros
Building special vechicles.
Cons
Closed, laid-off
In whole, Hendrickson is a great place to work...if you are employeed in the right department with the right management.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 3, 2013
I enjoyed the years I spent working for Hendrickson. I gained a lot of valuable assets from these years spent; however, I did most of my training in vein as to the belief that I would be compensated for my actions. In reality, the management staff at the facility I worked played favoritism and all the job openings which I internally applied for that my previous years training could have fulfilled were passed up. Didnt make much sense to me...so I moved on...
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Poor Managers and Supervision; will not compensate you for time spent or all the hard work done.
Challenging environment
Project Engineer - Military / Rescue (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILApril 13, 2013
My typical day is filled with meetings and conference calls with internal and external customers. I am always providing project status updates to everyone involved in my projects, and am constantly having to keep an eye on the status of everthing. I also set up and manage all fire and rescue applications as they come in. It is my responsibility to work with program management to prioritize the projects based on their needs and strategic importance to our company. I assist sales in technical presentation material, put together flyers for trade shows, and promote our products to everyone I meet.
Pros
great benefits, relocation, and tuition program.
Cons
ever changing expectations with little explanation of the change.
"The place that lays people off"
executive (Former Employee) –  Canton OHOctober 27, 2012
Company has a very bad track record of laying off emplyees whenever times get tough. No loyalty to employees for good job service. Poor management team; relies on layoffs if any market down-ticks. You might want to look elsewhere if you are interested in job security.
Pros
small company
Cons
high attrition; turnover
Union Shop
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Kendallville, INApril 9, 2012
Fulfill customer orders for major competitors in the industrial automotive industry.