Henkel Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great people to work with.
Executive Administration (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 25, 2015
I enjoyed working at Henkel Corporation. It is a good company to work for. It is a fast-pace company and the people are great to work with.
Nice place to work
Assistant to Sr. Human Resource officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, MissouriNovember 23, 2015
Enjoyed my job. Just not enough to do. Did not utilize my talent. Often had to look busy. Would have liked to take more responsibility and been part of the team. This is a contract job and have been told they will not be hiring anyone full time for this position. Co-workers were great and meet some really nice people. Friendship will continue after the job is finished.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough to do
Steady factory work
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 26, 2015
Henkel is a great company to work for. i was properly trained and was always given help by other employees so i could learn and succeed in my job. overtime was not a requirement but was always allowed. i stood on my feet for 8 to 10 hours a day and as this was my first factory job it took me a while to get used to. i enjoyed working there because i was always working and was paid well. i wish i was able to stay there for more than two months, i would still be there today.
Pros
great work environment, good pay
Cons
standing on feet all day
Conformance and plus
Cell Operator II in Hot Melt/Frekote (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHSeptember 24, 2015
5 star OSHA rating for safety
Great handle on Manufacturing and training
Co workers were an eclectic mix of personalities, but very laid back
Loading batches cumbersome
The work keeps you fit
Pros
Safety Oriented Company
Cons
Physical toll of heavy lifting
Innovative organization with potential for advancement. Pay scale and bonus potential are higher than most.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2015
Human Resources at Henkel Corporation is active in every element of employee relations, involvement with management of all levels, dedicated to employee training and advancement in segments of all the business units within the organization. As expected with any large organization there is a fair amount of red tape and politics. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is balancing employee needs/wants with the organizations needs/wants.
The location I'm at doesn't have a good work/life balance due to years of mandatory overtime. Due to changes for the better, the outlook is good .
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 14, 2015
Once we get a training program in place to combat the issue with most of the experienced employees being able to go to first shift which causes an issue with having experienced trainers on the off-shifts, I'm looking for conditions to improve with the constant overtime at our location.
Pros
Longevity, opportunities to advance
Cons
mandatory overtime, most of the experienced workers on 1st shift
Great work environment
Product Development Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary NCAugust 19, 2015
Henkel was a great place to work. I was able to choose the hours I worked. I worked with professional people who were fun to work with.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Got downsized
The ljobob was not condusive to a family life
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAMay 4, 2015
Worked 7 days up to 18 hours. reveiwed analytical results convinced the plant the data was correct. Participation in weekly planning with production. Frequent over night travel.
Cons
High stress
pricing
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMarch 30, 2015
My position consists of, but is not limited to the following:
• Assist in managing and maintaining customer price agreements in proprietary databases and SAP.
Two man IT department
Lan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2015
Worked closely with my manager on daily network, server and desktop issues. Supported multiple company manufacturing plants in North and South Carolina. Communication with other co-workers at the Pennsylvania sites to resolve issues
Pros
excellent training program, very good relationship with manager
Cons
long hours, late nights supporting other sites, working in hard-hat areas in conditions not ideal for computers
Great Place to Work
Purchasing Intern (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 1, 2014
Great company to work for with good benefits. Slightly aging workforce but overall great corporate culture. Did real work related to my field of study and felt like I added value to organization. As an intern I had a great deal of work on my plate but I was a great learning experience.
very challenging and fun company to work for.
Packaging Buyer/Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 7, 2014
The possition itself was rewarding and very busy. I learned so much in this company. I took Apics classes with their support. Learned to use SAP and other programs.

Management was great, always encoraging attitude. Very proffecional co-workers.
Pros
everything great
Cons
no complaints
Great company to work for. Great benefits and work enviornment.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhOctober 23, 2014
A very high paced enviornment. Must be able to do multiple things throughout the day. Always having contact with multiple departments throughout the day, and always making sure the customer is satisfied. Throughout my years of service I have learned that to get respect you must always show respect. The hardest part of any job is trying to motivate the less motivated, but I believe you must show any employee the willingness to work with them.
Typical Large Corporation
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 15, 2014
There isn't much bad that can be said about Henkel. Employees usually gripe about the normal things that employees complain about and the company makes some effort to keep employees happy. Management is consistent and they are usually really qualified for their jobs and managing others. Henkel is home to hard workers at all levels and the pride throughout the company is evident.
Fair company, great perks
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bay Point, CASeptember 2, 2014
Welcoming, culturally diverse atmosphere. Large company offering competitive wages and great benefits package for individuals and families with additional perks, achieved both short and long term. Fair management team across the board. Career-wise, advancement is limited for most. Company treats employees well.
Hire to lay off
Chemical Plant/System Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2014
They hired in a 3rd party company to lay you off from Henkel and have you work for West Staff and reduce your pay by $6.00 per hour. Everyone is mad, and angry that this employer would treat us like that and get away with it, LEGALLY!!! They want you to bust your hump and have you work more jobs for half the pay. I don't want to wait around for a 3 year call back. WHO CAN AFFORD THAT? BILL GATES, not me. So, goodluck if you get hired, you don't have to take my word for it.
fairness of compensation/benefits and outsourcing jobs
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2014
Great co-workers
managing daily chaos and stressful
friendship with co-workers
lack of understanding local culture from the parent company ( located oversea)
Good employee benefits and annual bonus
A profit driven company and outsourcing jobs to oversea
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
outsourcing jobs to oversea
Productive and fun environment
QUALITY ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Bay Point, CAApril 27, 2014
Great experience and employees. Some may be tightly wound and others are a free spirit. But overall, its a great company to work for.
Productive atmosphere with friendly hardworking people
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 20, 2014
This job was dynamic and complex. It required a lot of independent mapping of your day and your time and building relationships with customers. It takes a technical mind to learn the chemistry of adhesives and the processes that customers use them in. It also requires some aggressive tactics to get voice of customer over the phone and savvy to keep filling the pipeline and driving growth activity.
Pros
great teams
Cons
lots of hours on the phone
Nice place to work. Most people are friendly and fun to work with.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMarch 6, 2014
A typical day goes bye fast, very busy. I have enjoyed working at this company with different people who are hard working, friendly, fun to be around and always willing to help with new issues that might come up.