Henkel Corporation Employee Reviews

Valuable R&D experience with good work environment
Product Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of making laboratory batches of methyl methacrylate adhesives and performing various quality control tests on batches. I learned how to perform tests such as viscosity with a rheometer, tensile strength with an Instron machine, cure speed, impact strength, etc. I also learned various concepts of formulations for adhesives. I had no issues with management or any co-workers there. Although I had contact with my supervisor throughout the day, most of my work was done independently and unsupervised. The hardest part of the job was getting used to making batches of glue and performing the various testing methods efficiently. Days were hectic at first, but over time I was able to perform tasks more efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with chemicals in the lab making batches of glue.
Pros
quiet work environment, ability to work independently
Cons
some days much more hectic than others
Productive work force
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gulph Mills, PAMay 6, 2012
- My typical day at work was assisting employees with receiving a distribution from their 401(k) savings account.
- I have learned how to submit requests for life insurance claims and assisting the employees with their flexible spending accounts.
- Some managers were good.
- Most co-workers were great to work with.
- The hardest part of the job is declining an employee's request to receive a distribution from the retirement account. Also assiting love ones with the life insurance claims.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is working with good people, talking to the employees, assisting the HR representatives at the different locations and the traveling to the different sites.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
out sourcing jobs
No future for black people at this company
Product Development (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIOctober 7, 2012
Black people, If you joint this company start looking for another company during your employment.

Henkel has a minority program in the USA that is built on "words" only. In Europe, this program is very focus but it is not focus on "Black People".

Black people are overlooked and not appreciated. 100% of high achieving black people have left this company or cast out due to the attitude of this company. If you don't believe be find a black person that has work for this company and ask them. If fact, even the ones that are currently at this company. The one or two black manager still remaining are transplants from other companies.
Pros
black people, find another company
Cons
black people find another company
Very Short Project
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2013
The project I worked on was a very short project to transfer approximately 60 computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. It was a contract job expected to last around a month and a half. My coworkers and I worked hard to push out as many as possible, sometimes by working on up to four computers at one time. The toughest part was really just getting people to hand over their computers for just a few hours while we worked, due to timing often conflicting with meetings or vacation time. Overall, the workplace was relaxed and enjoyable and I would not mind returning. The only downside was that the team ended up working so quickly through the task, that we were worked out of a job in just three weeks.
Excellent place if you love corporate work environment
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, Arizona USAFebruary 28, 2014
This corporation is an amazing machine full of highly motivated and compliant employees that march to the drum of their chiefs. Their processes to bring a new product to production are incredibly intricate and complex and require the team work and decision making of dozens of people across the world. Safety is heavily and constantly emphasized, while training for actual job responsibilities is not sufficient to meet the complexity of their systems and databases.
Pros
all the benefits you can imagine and amazing facilities.
Cons
highly competative and little to no mistakes are allowed.
Innovative organization with potential for advancement. Pay scale and bonus potential are higher than most.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2015
Human Resources at Henkel Corporation is active in every element of employee relations, involvement with management of all levels, dedicated to employee training and advancement in segments of all the business units within the organization. As expected with any large organization there is a fair amount of red tape and politics. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is balancing employee needs/wants with the organizations needs/wants.
Steady factory work
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 26, 2015
Henkel is a great company to work for. i was properly trained and was always given help by other employees so i could learn and succeed in my job. overtime was not a requirement but was always allowed. i stood on my feet for 8 to 10 hours a day and as this was my first factory job it took me a while to get used to. i enjoyed working there because i was always working and was paid well. i wish i was able to stay there for more than two months, i would still be there today.
Pros
great work environment, good pay
Cons
standing on feet all day
Stressful but Rewarding Job
Batch Maker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 19, 2013
- I liked the people I worked with.

- My work environment was working as a team with my co-workers.

- Managers were really "bossy" but occasionally took us out for lunch.

- The hardest part of my job was making sure the chemical batches were mixed according to strict specifications to ensure batches mixed were to QC standards.

- The most enjoyable part of my job was packaging because it allowed me a chance to relax away from the most stressful part of the job.
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
very stressful parts of the job
The location I'm at doesn't have a good work/life balance due to years of mandatory overtime. Due to changes for the better, the outlook is good .
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 14, 2015
Once we get a training program in place to combat the issue with most of the experienced employees being able to go to first shift which causes an issue with having experienced trainers on the off-shifts, I'm looking for conditions to improve with the constant overtime at our location.
Pros
Longevity, opportunities to advance
Cons
mandatory overtime, most of the experienced workers on 1st shift
Great company to work for. Great benefits and work enviornment.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhOctober 23, 2014
A very high paced enviornment. Must be able to do multiple things throughout the day. Always having contact with multiple departments throughout the day, and always making sure the customer is satisfied. Throughout my years of service I have learned that to get respect you must always show respect. The hardest part of any job is trying to motivate the less motivated, but I believe you must show any employee the willingness to work with them.
Productive atmosphere with friendly hardworking people
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 20, 2014
This job was dynamic and complex. It required a lot of independent mapping of your day and your time and building relationships with customers. It takes a technical mind to learn the chemistry of adhesives and the processes that customers use them in. It also requires some aggressive tactics to get voice of customer over the phone and savvy to keep filling the pipeline and driving growth activity.
Pros
great teams
Cons
lots of hours on the phone
Hire to lay off
Chemical Plant/System Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2014
They hired in a 3rd party company to lay you off from Henkel and have you work for West Staff and reduce your pay by $6.00 per hour. Everyone is mad, and angry that this employer would treat us like that and get away with it, LEGALLY!!! They want you to bust your hump and have you work more jobs for half the pay. I don't want to wait around for a 3 year call back. WHO CAN AFFORD THAT? BILL GATES, not me. So, goodluck if you get hired, you don't have to take my word for it.
Two man IT department
Lan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2015
Worked closely with my manager on daily network, server and desktop issues. Supported multiple company manufacturing plants in North and South Carolina. Communication with other co-workers at the Pennsylvania sites to resolve issues
Pros
excellent training program, very good relationship with manager
Cons
long hours, late nights supporting other sites, working in hard-hat areas in conditions not ideal for computers
Good working people and flexable work schedule.
R&D Senior Research Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 31, 2013
A typical day at work would involve running customer projects for exsiting or new business. Also, submitting samples for testing and rating samples that have completed testing. Maintaining a safe work environment in our labs and supplies. Updating project data bases with procedure and test results.
Pros
benefits, good people, flexable work schedule.
Cons
feeling of job security.
Nice place to work
Assistant to Sr. Human Resource officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, MissouriNovember 23, 2015
Enjoyed my job. Just not enough to do. Did not utilize my talent. Often had to look busy. Would have liked to take more responsibility and been part of the team. This is a contract job and have been told they will not be hiring anyone full time for this position. Co-workers were great and meet some really nice people. Friendship will continue after the job is finished.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough to do
Typical Large Corporation
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 15, 2014
There isn't much bad that can be said about Henkel. Employees usually gripe about the normal things that employees complain about and the company makes some effort to keep employees happy. Management is consistent and they are usually really qualified for their jobs and managing others. Henkel is home to hard workers at all levels and the pride throughout the company is evident.
fairness of compensation/benefits and outsourcing jobs
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2014
Great co-workers
managing daily chaos and stressful
friendship with co-workers
lack of understanding local culture from the parent company ( located oversea)
Good employee benefits and annual bonus
A profit driven company and outsourcing jobs to oversea
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
outsourcing jobs to oversea
Fair company, great perks
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bay Point, CASeptember 2, 2014
Welcoming, culturally diverse atmosphere. Large company offering competitive wages and great benefits package for individuals and families with additional perks, achieved both short and long term. Fair management team across the board. Career-wise, advancement is limited for most. Company treats employees well.
very challenging and fun company to work for.
Packaging Buyer/Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 7, 2014
The possition itself was rewarding and very busy. I learned so much in this company. I took Apics classes with their support. Learned to use SAP and other programs.

Management was great, always encoraging attitude. Very proffecional co-workers.
Pros
everything great
Cons
no complaints
Great Place to Work
Purchasing Intern (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 1, 2014
Great company to work for with good benefits. Slightly aging workforce but overall great corporate culture. Did real work related to my field of study and felt like I added value to organization. As an intern I had a great deal of work on my plate but I was a great learning experience.