Henkel Corporation Employee Reviews

Hired in at the wrong time went from Sun to Henkel
machine oprerator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green KyFebruary 7, 2018
Went to cheaper insurance as soon as they took over a little more expensive on insurance. They will not help you sign up for benefits/ insurance The lines are down all the time you can either hand palatize, clean, or go home. Better think about it before moving to this job. I made a mistake. I guess its common sense if a company is ALWAYS hiring.
Pros
very easy work
Cons
insurance went down and up lines are always down
Good company
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 31, 2018
Good company to work for. A lot of room for advancement. Great management team. Great benefits. Since it is a German company a headquarter might be very demanding.
Work you to death
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 17, 2018
This company works you nights and weekends with no additional pay and has eliminated half their workforce making the few remaining employees perform multiple employees roles.
Pros
Cons
Unfair work expectations
A fun but challenging place to work
Materials Planner - Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Even though working at Henkel can be stressful at times and very demanding, it is still probably the best company I've worked for in my career. I've learned a lot about planning, forecasting, customer expectations and team work in my 7 years here.
The hardest part of my job is to make sure I can meet our customer expectations on time - especially when dealing with long supplier lead times. I enjoy the challenges however and the great team work we have. There is always a very satisfying feeling when we've accomplished whatever requirement (s) we had to meet.
Pros
The benefits such as being able to work from home if needed, occasional travel to meet suppliers, great team.
Cons
No cons from my point of view.
Productive and great place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2017
Great place to work if I had the opportunity I would definitely work there again! A very relaxed place to work surrounded by nice and helpful people. One of the best places I've ever worked.
A customer service professional (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 19, 2017
I loved working for a fast paced company. Company functions, free product and great pay. Learned alot about the consumer goods world. Worked with co-workers in many countries.
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
they moved locations
not organized business
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCDecember 15, 2017
employees are forced to work overtime, management are cut throat with the other managers, people don't work together to try and get the job done. people are all for self gain
a good company with good benefits but poor management
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 2, 2017
it use to be a great place to work until our plant manager came and changed thing's to the worse no support and work crazy amount of overtime they work you almost every saturday now dont care about your family outside of work and mangament is never there on saturdays
They suck
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 30, 2017
They are terrible all around the managers are the worst they act like they own you they have there favorites and if you don't try to become a favorite they will make your work hours miserable
Instructional place to work
Research Chemist, Research and Product Development (Former Employee) –  Bay Point, CANovember 20, 2017
Overall, I only have good things to say about Henkel. It offered good training, and opportunity to be creative and productive. My manager was a very good mentor.

Want to know more about Henkel Corporation?

Ask a question
Applications Engineer
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MINovember 15, 2017
if you have a good boss you will enjoy your job.
some managers are not as good and they can make your job terrible. other coworkers have mastered the art of "being busy" and can say they don't have time to take on extra tasks and those tasks will be assigned to those who don't know how to say no or who don't know how to look busy.
Good Benefits but very political
Technical Solutions Chemist- Sr. Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 15, 2017
The management style is one of favoritism. If you have a good manager who will work with you and promote your career, it is a good place to work, if you do not have that manager, you will leave after a short time.

Upper management is bottom line focused. If numbers are not met, staff reductions will happen. Their rating system is flawed whereby managers from all parts of the country who do not know you or the work you do get a chance to rate you. That can be very demoralizing.
Pros
Good beneftis
Cons
Management is very clickish
Pays well but that is it
Operator III/Technician Level II (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 27, 2017
Henkel bought out Sun Corporation in 2016. they pay you well, but employees are treated more like animals than like people. Management is a dumpster fire. In my time there there were SEVERAL weekends where I was given the option of using my vacation time, or lack of work (off without pay) because they didnt have enough for us to do. Also, being good at your job is not how they advance, it is all about who you are friends with. Some of the dead weight in management has been cut since Henkel took over, but they have long way to go. The managers are not held accountable for their actions. I have been screamed at more times there than any job ever. They just make soap, nothing to get that worked up about. Believe me when I tell you that if someone up top messes up, they will let it roll all the way down and fire an associate for a situation they had no control over before reprimanding a manager. Family insurance is at $230 + a paycheck, and it isn't very good. They do pay well, so if you are ok with trading your soul and mental health for money, than this is the place for you
Pros
Pay
Cons
expensive insurance, terrible management
Pleasant enough work environment
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Bay Point, CAOctober 23, 2017
A pleasant enough place to work. A little bit slow paced in terms of workload, which can be both a blessing and a curse. A pretty small workforce at the location
Great Place to Work
Mixer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 11, 2017
Work is demanding at times, but the culture is laid back at least on 2nd shift.

I learned many skills such as tow motor operation and machine maintenance.
Pros
Good safe work environment
Cons
Management's lack of communication
Great work place very Friendly people
Conversion Cell Slitter (Current Employee) –  Cannon Falls, MNSeptember 30, 2017
Henkel is a great company to work for if you are looking for career opportunities. Benefits on first day and will be willing to pay up to a certain amount for college if its with in there guidelines.
Ok
Senior Materials Planner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 28, 2017
Work is busy but overall, there isn't a great amount of diversity at Henkel. Young managers are put in place who aren't able to lead their teams effectively.
Lack of communication is causing employees to leave
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Truly enjoyed my time with Henkel, but the stress and expectations were not made clear and consistent across the board and the new management staff is not working well with hourly or floor supervisors.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Lack of communication.
A good place to work overall
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 16, 2017
A good place to work overall. Henkel provides good benefits to employees. There is good work-life balance. Those who want to get things done will have to go through a rigid beurocratic system
Pros
Good company, technology, work-life balance, benefits
Cons
Managers can be a problem at times
Fast-paced, often stressful
Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 15, 2017
Since Henkel is a manufacturing facility, it runs 24/7. This means that there are often changes with short notice, outages, crazy schedules, etc. It can be very stressful at times.
Benefits are good.
When you are asked to fill a new role, normally that would be a promotion but often it doesn't come with a pay raise.
Pros
Good benefits, nice people
Cons
High stress, crazy schedule