Henkels & McCoy Employee Reviews

Worst Management Of ALL Time
PA1 (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAAugust 18, 2017
I was excited for the opportunities promised to me while working there. I learned the in's and out's of the administrative support departments, with absolutely NO formal advancement, or pay raise. Management changes like a daily pair of underwear. No one lasts. The ones that do last a minute, are terrible. Poorly handle situations, implement "changes" that are never followed through, poorly treat employees, and play favoritism. Management likes to hire their friends and family and will only advance them, instead of the most qualified or deserving person. The work environment is hostile and filled with nasty people and only a handful of good, decent people. Everyone there is miserable and they cant hide it.

You can keep your head down, come in every day, work hard, and take on everything they throw at you, and will not receive any compensation or promotion. People quit every day, or they fire you really nasty. It's a revolving door there, and its not because there is so much opportunity to move up, its because no one can stand it there for too long. This doesn't just apply to one or two locations or offices, this goes for ALL locations. Corporate office is bad, the construction yards are bad, even the work vibes on the field are bad.
Pros
I cant think of any at this time.
Cons
No room for growth, NO equal pay, horrible work enviornment
Was not there very long to see much
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 16, 2017
I jobsite reported and only worked with one crew for the time I was there. Didn't have much of a relationship with my supervisors or management. All in all it was ok.
Cons
no paid time off
well run company
Crewman/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJuly 29, 2017
This company was very well run. and the management was hands on when it came to getting the job done. This is where I got my CDL. and I can not thank them enough. I did everything from getting the trucks ready for the mechanics, stocking trucks and warehouse, keeping the yard clean and organized, picking up items from vendors.
Pros
great place to work
Established business
Wireless Field Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2017
H&M is large high profile company. Safety is the number one company concern. Company takes care of their employees. This company is very professional.
Pros
Large revenue Projects. Very Structured.
Cons
Many times employees feel like a number.
productive ,fun, and safe
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Lucedale, MSJuly 7, 2017
they are number one in safety to me " nobody gets hurt". I learned much skills in the workplace environment for future careers. insurance benefits are great.
Pros
saftey
Okay company
Utility Foreman/operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2017
This company would be great if they didn't have people on management who do not respect the workers and acts in a non professional way. Salary is very good but sadly management ruins it.
Always busy, left no time to be bored.
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 13, 2017
I started at Henkels in a temporary position that led into a full time position because they like my work. I appreciated the fact that my boss would actually tell me I was doing a good job. I really like my bosses and the people there.
Pros
flexible
difficult culture to work in
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
Culture within the pipeline group is commensurate with the history of the Industry. I was hired by a VP who was trying to change the culture and unfortunately the core of personnel who pushed back eventually won and he was let go. Subsequently the role that I was in was phased out abruptly. The new team lasted approx 2 months and replaced yet again.
Love this place!
Administrative Specialist/Project Controller (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 3, 2017
Worked here a long time. Wanting to go back but cannot. Really enjoyed my coworkers, they became very close to me. Company has a good reputation. Nice atmostphere.
Not There Long Enough
Marketing Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 22, 2017
I was not at H&M long enough to give a full review. From my short time there, I really enjoyed the company and my fellow employees. The company had a great culture.
Great company to work for.
Sr. Data & Fiscal Analyst (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMarch 14, 2017
I loved the company itself and my job was and is now amazing. Henkel's and McCoy was all about safety in the work place and the home. Family was important and taught us about work and life balance.
Pros
work/life balance is important
Cons
they closed the training services
Safe and Productive jobsite
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSMarch 13, 2017
Very safety oriented and yet very productive. we did our job and didnt get much flack from the general foremen. they praised our hard work and we got paid really well.
Great Company
Materials & Facility Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Montrose, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Working for this company was amazing. It provided me with many lessons and skills that I plan on putting to good use both in and out of the office. They really made sure that I grew both as a professional and an individual.
Career of 40 years, travelled to many states in US, private company
Regional Bus Mgr (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Supervising the administrative managers and teams
Worked closely with VP, and all Executives on our team

We were introduced to the Six Sigma process

Diversified culture

Hardest part was my commute

The most enjoyable part was the people and attitude from the President of the Company. It became a family of its own.
Pros
Participation in major decisions; Salary
Cons
Could be all-consuming at year-end closings
Great
Gas mechanic/ Laborer (Current Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 27, 2016
Great place to work. Managment is great. However job is hard a lot of hand digging over or around utilities. On you feet all day. Must work in all outside weather conditions.
Night shift gas and water repair forman
Forman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 23, 2016
Good pay decent benefits, no room for advancement. Lots of nepotism. Supervision sub standard runs on plausible deniability.
Pros
New trucks and equipment
Cons
80hrs a week form 3pm to 7am with no support and always on call unpaid
Well rounded group.
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 9, 2016
A good, safe work environment where everyone looks out for each other and works as a team. Definitely would recommend.d
Working outside
Cathodic Protection Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 7, 2016
The environment I was working with was the suburbs of South Jersey testing cathodic protection. It was interesting to find the test points on the maps.
Hard work but great pay and benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 7, 2016
I was a truck driver and laborer for this company. They are very adamant about their safety rules and company's culture. It is a great company to work for but management could care more about new people other than their old pals from previous employers.
Pros
Great pay. Great benefits
Cons
Hard work. Many rules that make the job hard to complete on time. Favortism
Analyze compile prepare research
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 11, 2016
Analyze prepare approved payroll
Training is a vital component
Compile and accrue cost for time and equipment projects
Prepare research process billing for Southern California Edison billing portal
Meet deadline expectations
manage time wisely
collaborate with team member coworkers and peers
State of the art facility
Pros
Employee lunches
Cons
Press for time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henkels & McCoy. Our community is ready to answer.