Hennepin County Medical Center Employee Reviews

Doesn't follow own mission/values
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2017
While I adore the diversity of patients and co-workers, the infrastructure of the company is still in it's infancy. With the recent financial difficulty, it has all become about the bottom dollar and patient care is suffering. Morale is down, and poor decision making from the top is contributing to the loss of solid teammates.
Pros
Work Family
Cons
Parking/Poor Management
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 21, 2017
HCMC was a good place to work. Hate that I had to leave because I was relocating to California. I worked with some wonderful people. There was some up and down days but overall it was a wonderful place.
Fun and Friendly environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2017
Excellent company to work for, who provided a diverse environment within a diverse community. Ample opportunity for advancement. Teaching hospital that had many resident doctors who were eager to learn and teach patients and nursing staff.
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2017
Overall it's a good place to work. I really enjoyed how the treat you as an employee, constantly asking if you're okay or if they're things that the organization can work on.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55415June 13, 2017
Excellent place to work for a variety of reasons. Very diverse patient and staff population. Numerous experienced staff. Very professional. Great benefits, good pay. Interesting place to work.
Poor
Nursing (Former Employee) –  HospiceJune 11, 2017
Very poor management. Minimal support to staff. Would not refer family to the hospice program. Nursing unable to give the quality of care due to short staffing
Review
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 5, 2017
I have very much so enjoyed working for HCMC.I have worked as a front desk associate. Assisting patients. Checking them in. Verifying insurance, scheduling appointments...etc
Love my job, great place to work, no micromanagement
RN Case Manager/ Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Inpatient PsychiatryMay 23, 2017
This is a great company and they care about the people they take care of. Benefits are fabulous. Union is very strong. Manager is excellent. Co-workers are team players. Best job ever,.
Busy nicu
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  MNMay 23, 2017
HCMC provides excellent care to the smallest of patients. The staff at HCMC are very friendly, knowledgeable, and fun to work with. Lots of educational opportunities at the facility.
Best place to work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2017
Very busy place, but very good team work. HCMC is the best place to work. I have learned a lot of things, and it has helped me out during my school times.
Pros
Enough days for PTO, great benefits
Cons
Parking
Interesting and fast-paced work environment
Volunteer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2017
I love working here. Being able to directly work with patients and be able to see what a medical environment was really like. I enjoyed working hands on and having a lot of independence and guidance.
Pros
Great positive environment
Cons
Some stressful situations
Great Co-Workers
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 25, 2017
The morale has steadily declined since I started.

I enjoy my co-workers. They are diverse just like the population we serve.

The hardest part of the job is the constant change.
Pros
Free food during Lab Week!
Cons
Micro management
good
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 22, 2017
Excellence performance reviewed every year. Level one trauma hospital. Very busy hospital 24 hours 7days a week. Endoscopy RN work on sicker patients than any other hospital.
Good place
Patient Access Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2017
Excellent place to work for... not many job advancement opportunities. good environment and great benefits. coworkers are awesome and the union takes care of their people.
volunteer
Volunteer in the birth center (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 16, 2017
I volunteered her its a nice environment, professional. if i still lived in the state i would defiantly be looking to work there. I dont have anything bad to say about it
okay
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2017
I like the Surgery floor that I work on, the clients is my most important part of my job. Working side by side with the providers, doing the doctors orders.
Organized
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 1, 2017
Private Hospital willing to help those without insurance, offered summer meals to kids and their family. Employee advancements in your careers,and offered tuition reimbursement
Pros
Paid for programs that were needed for the company
Cons
location
Great Frontline Employee's/Horribly Managed
OS III (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2017
Most of the hands-on staff are incredible. They are the heart of the organization and do an amazing job, given the little resources they are given to do their job. The executives, on the other hand, have absolutely no idea (and no interest in knowing) what their staff needs or what it takes to make people come there for their healthcare. As a matter of fact, the majority the leadership doesn't get their healthcare there, which says something about the lack of personal investment they have in the company. Also, it should be disturbing that the company is run by one of the highest paid public employees in th state while they continue to cut front- line employees.
Pros
Frontline staff
Cons
Pharmacy staff were excellent to work with
PHARMACY TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 25, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure with the pharmacy department. Typical day would start with user additions and deletions. Then audits for controlled substances looking for diversion. I had an exceptional supervisor. I enjoyed performing all system administrations functions including cabinet repair. I was very happy working there and enjoyed working with the nursing staff.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
paying for parking
Great place to work!!
Sustainability /Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 24, 2017
I like HCMC as it has the diverse work culture and the management helps assess the talent of a person and make a difference for our patient and community.

I liked the support from top management to initiate some of the programs that are beneficial for the underprivileged population and many programs are centered around them. Its very satisfying to do a job that has direct impact on environment and society.
Pros
Freedom to start new initiatives and see the difference! Flexibility to work in or out of office!
Cons
Some roadblocks but its managable if one is smart!