Hennepin County Employee Reviews

Ok
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2017
Ok, just ok. Too much travel required. Zero job security. Supervisor experience was low. Scheduling was all over the place. Not a desired job by many.
Great place to be
Sr. Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 26, 2017
Very structure work environment with great management support. Friendly and diverse team members. If you love serving your community this would be a great place to be.
Good place to work for
Office Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 9, 2017
I really learned a lot working there, ok management team. a great view and work spot. It was close to my home. There was not a job offer after the assignment was over.
Pros
Lots of breaks and free lunch
Cons
No job offer after assignment was over
stable work environment
Legal Secretary-Specialty Court (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2017
Great benefits and a great place to get experience working with all people of different backgrounds. Also a great place to service the public and help to change lives.
Pros
Great benefits
Foster caare
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 18, 2017
I helped young people who were displaced and in the system
sometimes they just spent the week end with me other times they stayed with me for months. Most of the time the students were sad because they had be placed in one foster home after another.
Pros
Did my best
Cons
students move on to another home
An excellent work culture that promotes positive working environment.
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  300 South, 6th street, Minneapolis, MN-55847May 16, 2017
It was a very fruitful experience for me while working with Hennepin County as it gave me some taste of a real world job. I learnt the work ethics and team work to achieve the desired goals. It was fun to work with experienced and knowledgeable people around and learn from them everyday.
Not what I expected
Principal IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2017
I was hoping I would be able to make a difference working for the government. There are too many people that don't like change and makes it hard to do anything different especially when it comes to automating work. Also, the IT culture is too restrictive with moving projects in to production.
Pros
Medical benefits, pension, more holidays
Cons
Culture, management
Senior Court Clerk (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 3, 2017
good place to work, slow progress if want to move up. I want to make more money now. It is very seniority based here. I would like to work a more meaningful job.
Great benefits, work/life balance, and salary
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2017
Typical day at work varies from various project management to scheduling, logistics coordination, facilitated conversations, and various communications.
Pros
benefits, diversity, health incentives
Cons
high level of resilency needed to go with the county flow
Great
Child Protective Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2017
Great team atmosphere! Love my job and i would recommend this job to any one that asks. I really do not have anymore to say but this form is requiring more words.
Pros
Great pay
More concentrated on Billing then helping
Child Services Social Worker (Current Employee) –  MPLS, MNMarch 28, 2017
Would not pay overtime but expected all work done. Reverse discrimination is in force. Some management is very biased in those who have served in the military.
Benefits
Cons
Philosphy
Hennepin County is great! The JDC is terrible.
Juvenile Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2017
Would highly recommend that you look else where if you are looking at jobs in Corrections. I am currently an employee at the Hennepin County JDC & have been so for the past year and a half. I am currently job shopping as this is a HORRIBLE place to work.

Some examples include but are not limited to:
-Poor pay
-Unsafe environment (high resident to staff ratio)
-Forced over time
-Poor shift patterns
-High turnover
-Year long probationary period for new employees
-Ineffective upper management
-Poor Union representation (although they won't mind taking your $$$ on a monthly basis)
-Very few opportunities for advancement within the institution or moving outside the institution
-Very negative culture

As I said, please look elsewhere for employment. If you become employed here you will regret it 100%! I know I have...
Pros
Health insurance, dental, retirement
Cons
Anything & Everything you can think of!
Good community to work wiith
IT Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2017
I did receive my expectation of increasing and improving knowledge. Good team work with. I liked my supervisor. She was helpful when I needed her.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
No parking in Downtown
Discrimination
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 23, 2017
As a volunteer, I was discriminated against for my disability. I would not recommend working at the library. When you disclose a disability they try to get rid of you as soon as possible.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
No understanding of disability
Work place
Sr ED Revenue Cycle Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. This company embraces culture and diversity. We see a variety of patients from all over. The staff members and mangers are friendly and promote growth.
Great team of cooperative employees with a common goal.
Referral Counselor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2017
Small workplace with great people and team work. Frequent opportunities for technical and professional training. Varied assignments stimulate creative thinking. Respectful atmosphere.
Hennepin County was an exceptional place to work.Everything was alrigh.
Human Services Representative I & Ii (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2017
Hennepin County Human Services is an agency of the state of Minnesota with administrative responsibility over state's largest county. It administer's the state's health and human services programs for individuals, families and children. Hennepin County is a public agency and open to all people who need help with their living expenses. The county employs diverse work force from all walks of life and administers Minnesota's largest public assistance program.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Promotion doesn't come easy. It takes years for some people to get promoted.
Excellent place to work
Office Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2017
Excellent place to work, and would recommend others to join the county and find a career if interested. Great opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge if possible.
Great place to work & amazing team members/management
Public Health Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2017
Excellent team leadership throughout the program. Management team as a whole are exceptionally great role models. Work life balance is very appreciated. The only negative would be the pay/salary is on the lower end but the health/dental benefits for Hennepin County are great especially if you have a family.
Review
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2016
Over 70 hours a week
Micro-management,
co-worker environment (A no work life balance)
Hardest part of job was management styles
Enjoyed the work however environment was restricting
Pros
Work
Cons
Manager