Hennepin County Employee Reviews

Diverse, flexible work place
Social Worker, Sr (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2017
Love my coworkers, love my managers, flexible work place. Good technology but could be more improved. Easy access to different buildings to work. Good opportunities.
good benefits.
Human Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2017
as a HSR, i determined federal and state program eligibility. sometimes you see clients. phones will be the task that most clients dont prefer.i learned that working for the community is good thing. i enjoyed working with my team.
Pros
holiday pays.
Cons
good workplace
Glad to have been a part of it
SQL SERVER BI DEVELOPER/SSISSSRS/SSAS (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 3, 2017
I loved the diversity and working with people from all different cultures. Hennepin County emphasizes work life balance and sticks to it and it made all the difference in the world working there.
it was fun
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamel, MNSeptember 29, 2017
it was fun and the guys wre great The pay was decent the time off great plenty of overtime if you wanted in the summer and a ton of overtime when it snowed in the winter
Contractor
Case Management Administrator - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 25, 2017
I would love to work here full-time but I am just a contractor helping out with a program. The environment and the people I work with are awesome and very knowledgeable.
Breaking Through
Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2017
I worked at Hennepin County as both a Policy Analyst in the Election Office, and a Planning Analyst in HSPHD. Both times were pretty wonderful experiences, friendly people, responsive bosses, fair compensation and flexible work environment. My issue was that both time I was part/limit duration and despite my best efforts I was unable to obtain a full time regular position. Hennepin needs to work on retaining folks that have a proven track record of quality work with them!
Pros
friendly co-workers, flexible work space and schedule, fair compensation
Cons
Moving from PT to FT is incredibly difficult
Hennepin County
Civil Service and Finance Secretary (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 12, 2017
Hennepin County is a great place to work. It is secure work, although raises are limited because it is a Government job. The only reason why I am thinking of leaving is that I want to become a nurse and there are few nursing positions there.
Great experience
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 8, 2017
Great place with supportive colleagues and flexibility. Very flexible during the school year as long as you can put in the minimum hours required. Very meaningful work as well.
Full -time Seasonal
Flagger/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNSeptember 7, 2017
I am not a full time employee but I am a full time seasonal worker. Meaning I work 6 months with no paid vacation/sick days and do not get the benefits of a full time employee. This is a great place to work and has a great atmosphere no matter which crew I work on. Working 4 days at 10 hours plus overtime is great and switching to 5 day 8 hours is easier to manage with home and work life.
Pros
Breaks are gauranteed
Cons
No benefits for seasonals
high paced working enviornment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2017
overall a good place just need better management. employees should health and wellness should be at the top of a list somewhere. They also need to assist the older working into new positions.
Pros
job sercurity
Cons
allways muti-tasking. drained by the end of each week.

Want to know more about Hennepin County?

Ask a question
Its all about the managers here
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 23, 2017
Been major changes made at hennepin county. This isnt your fathers hennepin county. The days of putting the feet on the desk and staring at the web are pretty much gone. Its private sector like now and without the pay of private sector.

Overall its a good place to work. Tons of jobs for diverse culture.

Management is almost 100% white though. lol.

Would only recommend if you fall under the right Division. Do your homework if you get into the wrong division would not recommend. Its really night and day. Managers have been selfish here since day 1 and play LOTS of bs political games. Promoting people who arent any good and keeping people who clearly are there best right where they are. There are managers here who have no business being in their position.
Pros
Opportunities galore
Cons
Managers incredibly selfish
Hardworking & Fulfilling Environment
Office Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 22, 2017
Making sure your on time, and ready to work. Checking emails and performing daily obligations for department.
Wonderful place to work depending on the department you are working in always chances to transfer and promotions.
exciting and rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2017
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
great co-workers
lack of communication on the floor level
good location
clean
very difficult and reasonable place to find parking
good hours
Good place to work, but make sure it's full time
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2017
I was on a limited duration contract. i could work there for a year and be full time or 2 year being part time. I did the 1 year full time. My manager waited until 1 WEEK before my contracted ended to tell me my contract was up and i would no longer work there a week later..
Pros
good lunch break, friendly coworkers
Cons
pay
Great Place to Work
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2017
Great environment, people are friendly, management is engaged with staff, organization has good core values, benefits are very competitive, and flexible working hours.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Slow Career Growth
Minneapolis
Human Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 3, 2017
Hennepin county is a good place to work, very fast pace environment with diverse population. Management needs work on micromanagement style of managing.
Poor place to work
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 2, 2017
Hennepin County does not care about work life balance. It takes its employees for granted.
Promotions are based on WHO you know not WHAT you know.
While compensation for my current position is decent, it isn't worth being unhappy.
Senior Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 2, 2017
Very diverse organization, very flexible , very health awareness oriented. I enjoy working and working with my peers. This is a great place to work at.
Great pay and benefits
Human Services Representative, Senior (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2017
Each division is managed very differently. The county itself is a great place to work with excellent benefits and pay. Depending on division and location management is not skilled or knowledgeable and they are starting to operate like a corporation, which is not working because it is a human services agency. We work with humans- not numbers.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
management
Ok
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2017
Ok, just ok. Too much travel required. Zero job security. Supervisor experience was low. Scheduling was all over the place. Not a desired job by many.