Hennepin County Employee Reviews in United States

A good paying job with good benifits.
Office Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 22, 2016
Self start, check the files to see if paper work is in there that need to be done or I have paper work on my desk that I have to complete. Answer calls and serve customers at the counter that ring the bell.

Every day I learn different ways to process paper work.
Management is nice, patient, respectful and very helpful.

we work as a team or along and very helpful to on another.

Is making sure you have completed every step of your paper work because there are several steps to every job.

Knowing your job and doing it correctly, and just enjoy being a county worker it is a pleasure.
Pros
Down time sometime there is nothing to do.
Cons
very short breaks when we have a deadline.
Why am I asked to review this org? I already did.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2016
Why am I asked to review this org? I already did. Why am I asked to review this org? I already did. Why am I asked to review this org? I already dWhy am I asked to review this org? I already did.id. Why am I asked to review this org? I already did.Why am I asked to review this org? I already did.
excellent career choice for variety with hard work
SR Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  HCMC, Courts, Govt Center IT, HCLibraryJuly 31, 2016
Right out of college I started a clerical position at HCMC. If you are willing to work hard, there are many opportunities within Henn Co for a variety of jobs.I worked in the Courts, IT, and the Library system for a total of 30+ years. Made lifelong friends, and had very interesting jobs. Don't be afraid to transfer departments.
Pros
Good education opportunities, ability to move laterly and up
Cons
short/no breaks, poor back up from upper management
I was a hard worker while at this company, the reason for my leaving was a got a job closer to home while my children was small. I loved this company
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 6, 2016
I really love any company that offers me what I need and that is allow me to serve people and assist them in any way possible. Great company to work for
Pros
Are you willing to share your learned knowledge with others, and my answer was certainly.
Slow, frustrating and non-cooperative
Planning Analyst (Community Alternative Liaison) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 30, 2016
Government really does move at a snails pace and during my tenure
at Hennepin County that was the status quo. Limited able to effect change in a gratifying way. Working with large collaborative teams offered great opportunities to learn and devolpe on an on going basis.
Pros
Great benefits, gain experience
Cons
Short breaks, lack of support from upper management
Tech Savvy
Internship (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJune 1, 2016
If you're into electronics then this is your place. Recommending products and helping customers understand the products they want to purchase.
Challenging and rewarding days
Juvenile Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 11, 2016
The job has the potential for long hours and unpredictable scheduling. It can be hard on family life. It is however very rewarding if you enjoy working with youth and making an impact on young lives.
Hennepin county is Great
IT Change Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2016
easily move between different positions, advancement opportunities, laid back mentality. parking sucks, but the job environment has improved immensely. Renovations have been done, and people are always on the move. put in your 8 hours and you are done. no overtime required.
Education Dept is hostile work environment -lots of favoritism exclusive
Insrtuctor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MnJanuary 23, 2016
I have never seen such unfair, non inclusive behavior in my life. Poor work ethic, employees who are non inclusive to the point of hostility. Life long teachers are very non-inclusive and
Program Management is very unprofessional and lacks both competence and fairness, only cares about getting support of those who are revered and those with the same gender preference. Blatant favoritism and incompetence. As one employee put it, "the sheriff's Department takes care of its own.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Non inclusive, unfair employees, incompetence, nepotism.
This place is the worse to work
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Health Care for the HomelessJanuary 6, 2016
This place is the worse to work, yes you travel to different homeless shelters, however the management has it's favorites that do little to no traveling at all. Management needs training on how to be resourceful with their staff. If you ever wanted to work at ground zero this is the place. The experience was a real eye-opener to how hidden segregation exsist. For all the money in in fort knox. I would never work for the Hennepin County ever.
Pros
The County
Cons
Segregation to the fullest

Want to know more about Hennepin County?

Ask a question
Security Officer Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 31, 2015
Love it great place to work fun hard working people to work with and for . satisfying, enjoyable and rewarding and most employers treat their workers fairly HC treats theirs even better.
Productive and fun
Juvenile Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 24, 2015
The management team would be very passive aggressive. However, there were some leaders that did not mind coaching you and not worrying about their bosses. I thought those managers were excellent at their job because they displayed true character and loyalty.
very professional people to work with. Managers are very friendly and helpful
Human Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 25, 2015
we will have brief 15 minutes meeting every morning for updates

report/receive any urgent message from managers/supervisors

follow up on pending cases to either approve it or deny.

call on clients to ask for documents
Pros
friendly environment and clean place to work at
Cons
Too many case loads for every single employee
Very Rewarding Job Experience
Office Specialist III -Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 20, 2015
I was consistently challenged to learn and develop new skills that assisted in my personal and professional growth. A very memorable and enriching eight years.
Workplace with a great deal of Diversity
Mental Health Personnel (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 10, 2015
Working at the Hennepin County Medical Center is redefining compassion to me. I am also learning the art of communication as well as dealing with very difficult situations.
Hennepin County is a great place to work if you want to serve people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2015
Being the to be the largest county in MN means they have to be well organized and use IT as a way to automate their work. They serve a large and diverse community. I was impressed with their services such as the land records, social services, mental health, economic assistance, and justice. There are some extremely talented people there such as the person in HCMC who started up "car seat clinics."
I worked there for over 20 years. Good pay; I learned a lot about myself; the profession-court systems
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2015
The number of cases could be high. Good pay. It could be very stressful; you need to be able to find ways to take care of yourself-physically and emotionally.
Pros
Good paying jobs
Cons
High caseloads
Good place to work, good benefits
Human Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2015
I miss my job at Hennepin County. I worked as a Human Services Representative. The training was intensive and if you can get through the probation period it's a great place to work. Unfortunately I was let go due to some problems with an undisclosed disability when I was without my needed medication due to a doctor/pharmacy miscommunication. If given the chance I would go back in a heart beat now that everything has been cleared up. It's enjoyable to be able to help get people the help that they need when they have fallen on hard times. It was hard at time when regulations prevented you from giving benefits but there were alternative resources to give to clients. A typical day at work included processing new applications and benefit renewals, as well as meeting with clients in person.
Pros
Helping people, good co-workers who want to help you succeed.
Cons
If you are having personal issues, you may just be fired instead of having someone ask if things are ok, or if there is something going on they should be aware of, not being able to help some people because of maximum time frames or income issues.
Great Leadership
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 10, 2015
The management team encourages internal promotions and allows us time to take classes to improve ourselves as Security Officers. I do weapons screening several hours a day, along with foot patrol, and teaching EMS classes. I also manage 5 officers to ensure they are doing their duties and they are where they are suppose to be. There are roughly 60 County Officers and about 100 contract officers that I work with, all of whom I consider the best in the business.The hardest part of my job I think would be the variety of medical calls we get. Each and every one is different. I love my job. I love interacting with the public and helping them solve problems, or just being an ear for them to listen.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Very good company to work for.
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 29, 2015
Sort, Scan, and Index mail into computer system to be uploaded for caseworkers. Learn how to use Opex machine. Update information for caseworkers when needed.