Hennepin County Employee Review

View all Hennepin County reviews

Review
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hennepin CountyMarch 17, 2014
Involved in many projects (IPv6, MS Office migration, upgrade F5 hardware, etc), but still find time to mentor my co-workers and do day to day support.

Other Hennepin County Employee Reviews

A way in
Community Corrections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Hennepin is a good foot in the door for someone entry level. Depending on the department you are in will determine the day. If you get a good supervisor they will encourage advancement. Get into a department where there's opportunity for advancement. I have learned that if you are younger under 40 people will treat you like you do not know as much as they do. There are alot of co workers stuck in their ways. I love the culture, diversity and flexibility in my position.
Pros
Advancement, entry level, competitive pay, discounts
Cons
High caseloads, expensive benefits, coworkers
Everyday helping people
Program Ombudsman (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 24, 2018
Meeting clients from all levels of life needing help the worst of the worst that have been downtrodden. Folks came to see me because they believed they were done wrong. Whether "we" the employee in the building cursed to them or determined their benefits incorrectly First and foremost was to calm the persons down and allow them to speak and talk about what happen to them and deflate. Along with gathering all the facts and reviewing their application, by reviewing the programs on the computer programs on two computers to determine what happened whether we were disrespectful. The worst part of my job were the times when I found out our employee was disrespectful to the client. It happened more times than i want to remember. Many times employees made mistakes but not on purpose. I was authorized to correct mistakes and later would go see the employee to go over the error to help them learn. The absolute worst was when a baby died in the nursery a mother brought her baby in while sick and it died while in the nursery.
Pros
Helping people with food and shelter daily was great.
Cons
Seeing the volume of people that were in such a great need.