Hennepin Technical College Employee Reviews

Work study
Fluid power work study (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 24, 2017
I was only a work study student, however the faculty were very helpful and friendly. They had no problem with me setting my own hours, as long as the campus was open.
Very rewarding and fun place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse, CLA (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 16, 2017
Absolutely the best job I have ever had. I have never enjoyed a job better than here. The employees are friendly and helpful. Great benefits, laid back non-chaotic environment, a lot of education opportunities for staff.
Pros
Flexiable, Fun, Great enviroment.
Cons
Spring break is non-paid
Great school and fun to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 4, 2017
i gained a lot of experience working at HTC. The staff was awesome as well as the instructors. I would recommend this College to anyone who wants to learn a trade.
Pros
Great atmosphere and people
Cons
Working at HTC didn't pay well
dont do it
Front-end Developer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 13, 2017
waste of money,,,even more waste of time
i could have learned more one you tube
I actually learned more from one of the other students than i did the teacher
Great place to work and attend class
Independent Contractor / Student (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 12, 2017
State of the art CAD design labs and full range of 3D printers to experiment with. Great opportunity to lean a full range of interest
beyond ones career goals.
Pros
open hours for experiments on projects
Cons
open structure can allow allow a student to spend time on more than one career goals
Nice group of eople
Faculty Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 12, 2017
Its a great place to work especially if you are right out of college. Very political and a union shop. Hard to get into to get an interview. Work there as an adjunct.
had a nice computer lab
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 2, 2017
typical day at work would be getting to call former students and ask if they found a job in that field they went to school for and enter data in the computer.
Pros
great management
Cons
no health coverage
Variety of projects and initiatives
Training Program Director (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 29, 2016
Hennepin Technical College provides a foundation for the Minnesota workforce. You get to interact with multiple community partners, citizens, organizations and businesses.
Typical school text book working experience .
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 30, 2016
Insufficient facility, too many student, staffs around, overloaded work condition, insufficient supplies and tooling. Most enjoyable part was self helping and utilizing all resource available to complete the assignment as fastest times.
Pros
Communicated and answer student's questions
Cons
Constantly work under pressure and very low pay rate.
Enjoyable, but underpaid
Instructor/Developer, HSE and rescue curricula (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 16, 2016
State union employee, tenured instructor. Not great pay, good benefits. Thankfully, hourly with overtime. Enjoyed the work and the clients.
Pros
Excellent coworkers and benefits
Cons
No union representation and poor pay
It was funy place to work
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 15, 2016
I use to work with different people and to me was interest I love it.
I was Organizing and scheduling appointment, answering phone calls, for the Retention Liaison.
A Team Passionate About Helping Students Succeed
Math Center Lead Tutor/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 13, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed the people I work with at Hennepin Technical College. I work with a team of tutors who have very diverse skill sets, and a passion and devotion for helping students succeed. The hardest part of my job isn't the job itself; it's the distance and time I have to travel to get there. The best part of my job is watching students at their "Ah-Ha" moment when they finally understand and connect a particular concept.
Frustrating yet rewarding
Work Study Employee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 29, 2015
I worked with many different types of people.
The hardest part of my job was getting them to understand financial aide process.
The most rewarding part was helping some students who were about to give up on getting a education.
Learn and Earn. Work study review
Hydraulic Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 21, 2015
I was a student. I applied, and was granted, a work/study arrangement with one of my professors. The staff cares about the development of its students. Work/Study is based on Student availability and institution needs. There is the possibility of getting more 1 on 1 time with a professor that you can't get with regular classroom environments.
Pros
Practical learning excercises. Pick your hours, maybe you can pick your boss
Cons
Minimal pay and no benefits
Great place to work and learn
Assisting students (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 2, 2015
Hennepin Technical college is a great place to work and learn. I spent three years, getting to know the students and instructors. I would recommend Hennepin Tech to anyone who is looking to start an education.
Pros
Close to home, great staff, instructors and students.
Fast paced environment....
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  saint paul, mnMarch 12, 2015
I worked at as student worker in the computer lab. Very easy and was able to do homework! This was the best part about working at a school.
Productive and fun workplace.
Work Study Student - Administration Office (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 4, 2014
I would get to help people, which I love to do. I learned how to schedule appointments and check people in for their appointments. My co-workers were amazing, they taught me all that they knew and they were friendly, caring people. The hardest part of the job was having to leave due to a knee surgery. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to help people and make their lives easier.
Pros
I worked at my school, less traveling.
Wonderful staff
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 11, 2014
Working as a computer lab assistant in the work study program is a great way to earn experience as well as get paid from the school you're attending. A reference from the HTC Staff will help greatly in your future IT career. The staff is wonderful, scheduling is flexible, and coworkers are helpful with other aspects of the job that you may not be familiar with. Great place to work.
Layback working environment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 9, 2014
I assisted students with their Math homework and questions. I was also open to help students who were in need of help with (English) reading and writing, computer skills, and other things students need help with. I liked tutoring because as I was teaching what I already know, I was also learning things and improving my knowledge on a particular subjects at the same time. The supervisor was very open and easy to talk to. My co-employees are very friendly and easy to approach. The hardest part of the job I would say was encountering a student who's having a bad day and getting frustrated with their homework. The most enjoyable part of this job, however, was that I got to make friends and worked with a lot of different students.
Pros
Flexible hours, job is at school
Cons
short breaks
Hennepin Technical College
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 5, 2014
Teach courses in networking, Linux and Windows administration. Advising students. Building curriculum.