Hennepin Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
It was funy place to work
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 15, 2016
I use to work with different people and to me was interest I love it.
I was Organizing and scheduling appointment, answering phone calls, for the Retention Liaison.
A Team Passionate About Helping Students Succeed
Math Center Lead Tutor/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 13, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed the people I work with at Hennepin Technical College. I work with a team of tutors who have very diverse skill sets, and a passion and devotion for helping students succeed. The hardest part of my job isn't the job itself; it's the distance and time I have to travel to get there. The best part of my job is watching students at their "Ah-Ha" moment when they finally understand and connect a particular concept.
Frustrating yet rewarding
Work Study Employee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 29, 2015
I worked with many different types of people.
The hardest part of my job was getting them to understand financial aide process.
The most rewarding part was helping some students who were about to give up on getting a education.
Learn and Earn. Work study review
Hydraulic Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 21, 2015
I was a student. I applied, and was granted, a work/study arrangement with one of my professors. The staff cares about the development of its students. Work/Study is based on Student availability and institution needs. There is the possibility of getting more 1 on 1 time with a professor that you can't get with regular classroom environments.
Pros
Practical learning excercises. Pick your hours, maybe you can pick your boss
Cons
Minimal pay and no benefits
Great place to work and learn
Assisting students (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 2, 2015
Hennepin Technical college is a great place to work and learn. I spent three years, getting to know the students and instructors. I would recommend Hennepin Tech to anyone who is looking to start an education.
Pros
Close to home, great staff, instructors and students.
Fast paced environment....
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  saint paul, mnMarch 12, 2015
I worked at as student worker in the computer lab. Very easy and was able to do homework! This was the best part about working at a school.
Productive and fun workplace.
Work Study Student - Administration Office (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 4, 2014
I would get to help people, which I love to do. I learned how to schedule appointments and check people in for their appointments. My co-workers were amazing, they taught me all that they knew and they were friendly, caring people. The hardest part of the job was having to leave due to a knee surgery. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to help people and make their lives easier.
Pros
i worked at my school, less traveling.
Wonderful staff
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 11, 2014
Working as a computer lab assistant in the work study program is a great way to earn experience as well as get paid from the school you're attending. A reference from the HTC Staff will help greatly in your future IT career. The staff is wonderful, scheduling is flexible, and coworkers are helpful with other aspects of the job that you may not be familiar with. Great place to work.
Layback working environment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 9, 2014
I assisted students with their Math homework and questions. I was also open to help students who were in need of help with (English) reading and writing, computer skills, and other things students need help with. I liked tutoring because as I was teaching what I already know, I was also learning things and improving my knowledge on a particular subjects at the same time. The supervisor was very open and easy to talk to. My co-employees are very friendly and easy to approach. The hardest part of the job I would say was encountering a student who's having a bad day and getting frustrated with their homework. The most enjoyable part of this job, however, was that I got to make friends and worked with a lot of different students.
Pros
flexible hours, job is at school
Cons
short breaks
Hennepin Technical College
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 5, 2014
Teach courses in networking, Linux and Windows administration. Advising students. Building curriculum.
Excellent Place to work, well educated and professional collegues
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 30, 2013
As a student ambassador I have the opportunity to get more involved in the Student Life, in the events and activities that Hennepin Technical College promotes and organize as part of an integral education for the students.
I really enjoy help and be part of the success and growth for other students
A good place for student assistance programs
Customer service/Student Lab (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 6, 2013
dealing with students and assisting them with computer issues. working with work/study, along with working with school schedule, was flexible with schedules, and allowance to study as well.
Pros
allowed to work and study with the use of the school computers
Cons
no benefits for work study
Great place to go to school and earn a little money.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 11, 2013
I love working here. It was so much fun although the work wasn't. But it wasn't all that bad. I learned good office quality work. Faxing and shredding, sending professional emails and sending letters. I liked the hours that I had. It was convenient for me to work around my classes as well.
fun, relaxing and enjoy helping students
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 21, 2012
I have to say that working as a computer lab assistant is a learning experience for me because it help built up my communication skills
and problem solving. The who I work with have so much passion in
helping people and they are easy to get alone with. What I really like about this job is that the people who I work with are nice, friendly and helpful that make my job even better.
educational and very stimulating work enviorment
I.T. dept. intern (Former Employee) –  brooklyn park,mnJuly 21, 2012
Great people, stimulating, gain experenense in multiple fields. Have chance to pursue field of your liking in computers field.
Pros
educational
Cons
low compinsation
Great opportunities
Admissions Specialist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 30, 2012
Enjoyed working with co-workers and students. Nice to be able to tailor my job to fit my personality. Flexible with my class schedules as well
Pros
fun environment
Cons
very fast paced

4.6