Henningsen Cold Storage Employee Reviews

fun and friendly
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 12, 2016
This was an interesting place to work, if you dont like the cold then this is not the place for, they do provide you with proper cold weather close and ample break times
productive, fun work place, good work crew
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 20, 2016
check for safety issues with equitment, look for orders in filling cabinet, made sure crew had orders ready to pick, enjoyed working with others, an had fun working by myself
Pros
safe work enviroment, good employees
Cons
bad management, to many shift changes
Great Benefits
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 1, 2016
Start with your assignments. Typically starts with getting products to load a truck or putting products away. Not labor intensive, can get routine. Safety is paramount.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Working in a cold environment below zero for the entire day
productive and fun place to work, literally with a ping pong table
Warehouse Director (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 11, 2015
all staff very friendly and easy going. very fast pace with lots of team work and communication involved. i've learned to pay very close attention to product codes and dates before scanning the sticker or ticket for validating product, date, and temperature. I learned to care for the product as if i were the customer and for the sake of the company's name. The hardest part of the job i would have to say would be at times having to rearrange to make room for incoming product within the warehouse while busy receiving product. The most enjoyable part of this job was being on a fork lift all day and making daily goals for myself to do better.
Pros
great health benefits, free meals occasionally and donuts a lot, and holidays off with company parties and events
Cons
sometimes short staffed or not enough experience
Ever Changing Environment
Customer Service / Inventory Tracking (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 28, 2015
I very much enjoyed to work I did, but did adjust well to the ever changing Management. Co-workers were pleasant and the pay was appropriate. Excessively long work days grew to be more than I could handle.
Fun place to work with good staff, family feel
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of filling out my lift report and then prioritizing my objectives based on which trucks arrived first and what their loads consisted of. The management at Henningsen's was very friendly and knowledgeable and quick to assist us with any issues or questions we might have had.
A good company with good benefits
Fordklift operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 13, 2013
Since this was a cold storage company the pulling and receiving goods was in a cold storage room which required special clothing that was provided by the company.
I got along well with my co workers and the management. I was trained on some office work; entring data into the computer, answering phones, taking orders, receiving orders, faxing, etc. this gave me more exerpience in warehouse work.
My main job was operating a forklift and pulling orders for shipment.
The benefits were great and I was building up a 401K account.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
company lost contracts that required lay-offs
Good company with strong values
Freezer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 2, 2013
Henningsen Cold Storage is a good company with strong values. They treated me well and gave me an opportunity to advance with the company.
Pros
opportunity to advance
Management Trainee
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 12, 2013
Hired to learn all aspects of a cold storage facility as a Management Trainee. Great family run company with a lot of opportunity.