Henny Penny

Henny Penny Employer Reviews

best job by far!
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Eaton, OHFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: had alot of carry in lunchs
I loved working here everyone was friendly and very easy to work with, the work was easy and the time flew by unfortunately I got laid off.
Great place to meet all kinds of folks
Cashier (Former Employee), Groton CTDecember 20, 2013
Slow days and fast paced nights, you learn to handle people and cash at a fast pace. The work is not too demanding so much time is spent idle.. The hardest part is finding something to do at all times, the most enjoyable is meeting people.
A tedious and banal company
Crew Member (Former Employee), Groton, CTSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: nothing good
Cons: everything
The Hendel's Corporation has no concern for their employees, you are easily replaced by another mindless drone. They care nothing for you or what you may be going through. If they have issues with you, they take no time to try and correct the problems.
OK
Cashier (Former Employee), Southington, CTAugust 3, 2013
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
OK, BAD MANAGEMENT!!! DID NOT LISTEN TO EMPLOYEES QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS.
N/A
Production worker (Former Employee), Eaton, OHMay 13, 2013
Busy, great job security..fun atmosphere with great training. Physical work that keeps you in shape.
fun place to work
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Old Saybrook, CTMay 8, 2013
Loved working for henny penny, the supervisor is a bit out there not so nice but most places are pretty lively especially the one in old saybrook Ct
Just a job.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Eaton, OHApril 15, 2013
Pros: great bonuses, nice start out pay, first shift.
Cons: terrible work policies, lousy full time workers, and very favorable to certain employees.
The first thing your told when you come in to Henny Penny is that they are a company that has been around for 54 years and has never had a lay off. That is true almost, except you have to read between the lines on that statement. I was a very hard worker there for 13 months and I got injured on the job. Well Henny Penny who has not had a lay off laid – more... me and many many other workers off. This was not the first time they had a lay off, they laid other temporary workers off prior two years ago. See they don't have lay offs cause they never fire or lay off henny penny workers. They just lay off temps. They have great bonuses but they have the worst attendance policy ever. Very sexual hostile work environment with lazy workers. – less
fun !!!
Cashier (Former Employee), Meriden, CTDecember 28, 2012
Pros: seening new people every day
Cons: rude customer!!
Like working seening new people every day all ways something new .and talking to your reg... customer
Easy factory work with good insurance
Assembly worker (Former Employee), Eaton, OHMay 17, 2012
Easy job... not demanding physically with a/c, radio, and good insurance.
Friendly and safe work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlestown, NSWFebruary 14, 2014
A typical day at Henny Penny would include kitchen hand, general cleaning duties, food prep, cooking, packing, customer service, stocktake and money handling skills. I learnt how to successfully deal with customers as well keep a happy and safe working environment.
productive place with a teamwork attitude
Dish hand (Former Employee), Adamstown NewcastleOctober 12, 2012
Pros: friendly working environment, decent pay
Cons: hard work
it was a good place to work however the work was hard as we(the employees) were pressed for time. The people we worked with were friendly and worked well as a team. The hardest part was the little time but the challenge was overcome.
Not a nice place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), CardiffSeptember 7, 2012
I started at henny penny when i was 13, i was trained on register and basic cleaning skills, the management team was poor and I ended up being driven out by a manager who bullied me, swore at me and it even got to the point where she was shoulder barging me and punching me, Co-workers were lovely, the hardest part or the job was to continue showing – more... up with an abusive manager and nobody sticking up for me at the age of 13 the most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and learning new skills. – less