Henny Penny Employee Reviews in United States

For many years Henny Penny was a family owned corporation that cared about its employees.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHNovember 5, 2015
I looked forward to going to work, spending time with my employees and seeing that they grew in their positions and made sure they knew that they were appreciated and valued. I had various supervisors who were firm fair and honest for the most part. I appreciated the opportunities that I had at Henny Penny to further my education and subsequently was promoted into management. I enjoyed working on the lines beside my employees when time allowed and helping them build new skills assisted by my own experience on the shop floor. I formed a lot of great relationships with other Henny Penny employees and feel that my time there was productive and helped me to grow as a manager and as a person.
Pros
Private ownership of company
Cons
Certain Supervisors that treated others unfairly.
Great place to work.
Press Brake Operator (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I have worked in several places through the years and can say that Henny Penny is a very friendly place to work. The people make it enjoyable to go to work everyday.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Advancements can come slowly
low volume store, wonderful repeat customer base
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTAugust 12, 2015
Assisting customers with fuel and lottery purchase, while maintaining fast and friendly customer service.
On the job I learned proper hazmat procedures and how to prepare business related documents for the company CEO to see.
I enjoyed interacting with customers, creating schedules, and hiring new employees.
Pros
Learning the different venders, and building relationships in the community
Cons
No Benifits
productive and fun workplace
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHFebruary 7, 2016
Great company to work for. Everyone is friendly and works well as a team to get things accomplished. I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
great people
job description
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTFebruary 18, 2016
ran register stocked coolers and stocked merchandise
business was sold due to sales in that town. managment opportunity was very quick tho. meeting new people
Pros
discount on gas
Cons
sold buisness
great place to work if you can get on full time. I am on contract till December.
Replacement Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHAugust 9, 2014
A day at work is hard but also rewarding. I have learned that Henny Penny is a great place to work full time if you can get your foot in the door (I am on contract till December), It is very family oriented and cares deeply about it employees. The individuals I work with are great as a team to work with and accomplish task's with. . The hardest part of the job is when I do not satisfy a customer. The most enjoyable is hearing the customer praise Henny Penny's staff/team for doing a job well done.
fun place to work co workers are at times very intersting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Uncasvile CTJune 13, 2015
Its Like everyother place you work its a job, you wake up go to work, Deal with Fantastic customers and some not so fantastic, you do your job to the best of your knowledge but also try and have some fun to while your doing so, biggist key is you have to learn ways to love the things you do especially when it comes to work, or you wont want to get up every day with a smile on your face knowing that you have to go to work at the same place and do the samethings jus slightly different each and every day
very nice family business
cashier (Former Employee) –  1043 s normandie ave. los angeles, ca 90044June 29, 2015
I would open the store and start to clean and when customers came in I helped them with their purchase and questions. I learned how to speak to people in spanish in a higher level. My co-workers like myself loved the job it was very productive. The hardest part of the job was translating the words in spanish but now i have achieved that. the most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the order for merchandise
fun place to work.
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  lisbon ctJanuary 29, 2015
At first it seemed like a good place to work. there were no benifits or incentives . my manager was the best. The best thing about working there was the people who worked there.The supervisors were just out for numbers. They dont real care about the employees . if it was not for the employees they wouldn't have a place to work either.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no breaks
Learned a good skill, with computer operated machines
Brake press operator (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHAugust 17, 2015
Very good place too work & learn a good skill, clean, co- workers welling to help, also have fun times, like birthday acknowledgement, when people retire everybody gets party
A very busy place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niantic, CTMarch 25, 2015
The stores I worked in were apparently older stores and they needed two cash registers because "some" of the customers didn't seem to care that the company didn't have two registers when it would be busy and they would be irritated, so "some" of the customers would just get so angry and say some mean things. So the company needs to make sure that "ALL" their stores have at least two registers in them and they know which stores are busy.
Pros
I got hired quickly, I enjoyed learning the job, the staff was friendly
Cons
I was not able to advance as I had hoped, they seem to be pleased with my work, but I was never promoted
Just a job.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHApril 15, 2013
The first thing your told when you come in to Henny Penny is that they are a company that has been around for 54 years and has never had a lay off. That is true almost, except you have to read between the lines on that statement. I was a very hard worker there for 13 months and I got injured on the job. Well Henny Penny who has not had a lay off laid me and many many other workers off. This was not the first time they had a lay off, they laid other temporary workers off prior two years ago. See they don't have lay offs cause they never fire or lay off henny penny workers. They just lay off temps. They have great bonuses but they have the worst attendance policy ever. Very sexual hostile work environment with lazy workers.
Pros
great bonuses, nice start out pay, first shift.
Cons
terrible work policies, lousy full time workers, and very favorable to certain employees.
N/a
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHMay 13, 2013
Busy, great job security..fun atmosphere with great training. Physical work that keeps you in shape.
Easy factory work with good insurance
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHMay 17, 2012
Easy job... not demanding physically with a/c, radio, and good insurance.
best job by far!
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHFebruary 20, 2014
I loved working here everyone was friendly and very easy to work with, the work was easy and the time flew by unfortunately I got laid off.
Pros
had alot of carry in lunchs