Henri Bendel Employee Reviews

Unstable and Unorganized
Customer Service/ Sales/ Monogrammer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
No regard for common courtesy or quality of life. Unorganized, as there were 4 to 5 managers, hired and fired in less than a year. Preferential treatment was apparent , not enough loyalty or recognition to employees.
Pros
The pay was decent
Cons
Unorganized and unstable
Great co-workers but because the store's culture has changed so much, not a lot of job security.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2017
Worked for the company for about 4 years. Had some great advancement opportunities. Co-workers were a dream to work with but supervisor was under qualified which hurt the department's morale within the store. Management is currently under construction which means that a lot of people are stressed feeling like they are going to lose their job.
Pros
Great co-workers, Great customers
Cons
Under qualified supervisor, Too many changes within the company which led to stress
Horrible company
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2017
Had a terrible experience working for them. Had a crazy Store Manager at Henri Bendel. I tried to report it, I even talked to HR several times nothing ever happened. I eventually left along with most of the other staff that Store Manager still works for them. Crazy!!!!!
Pros
The discount
Cons
Everything else including the product is cheaply made and tacky
A great company to work for family oriented .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 6, 2017
Worked for this company for four years and made life time friends . The culture and diversity this company represents and the quality of there products. Is what made me love my job but it's time to grown and move forward
Pros
The clients best part
Cons
Traffic in the store was about 200 to 300 people a day
Figure it Out
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2017
I don't think this company truly understands their own culture. I feel like every few months they change policies and procedures. They do not value their employees and treat them well.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks, pay, policy, procedures
Great people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2017
The management team knows nothing of whats going on they do not know what the associates are doing( stealing time ,stealing items, losing packages ,)
Pros
Lbrands discount
Cons
No comunication at all
Great Experience
Co-Manager/ Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYMarch 16, 2017
Room for growth, learned many management skills that have been useful in my career and life now. workplace culture is positive and rewarding. great company to learn from
Pros
room for growth
Cons
retail hours
Motivating and intense environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2016
A typical day at work would begin with a chat-in about the sales goals for the day. Engaging each customer and giving them a world-class experience and assisting them with extensive product knowledge. Consistently working understock and making sure the store was very organized.
customer focused and sales oriented
CO-Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 9, 2016
very sales focused environment, sales driven and customer focused! great co-workers, and strong leadership. the commute was the hardest part of the job, but I loved everything about working there. I loved interacting with the guest and learning about their life experiences.
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 17, 2016
I've worked for the company since 2010, a great company. HB is owned by LBrands but for the most part operates as its own company. You get the great benefits of working for a big corporation but the day to day operations feels more like small company and everyone knows each other well. Product is always new and exciting, very easy to sell.
Typical Sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2015
While at Bendel's I worked for a great manager and good team members. I most enjoyed the interaction between myself and the customers.
Business Logistic Driven Environment
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Great compensation for Sales Associates. A company with great focus on visual merchandising and product allocation.
excellent place to work!!!! great environment.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2015
Love the company!!!! I Learn so much from Henri bendel! i start as part time sales associate, just with 4 hours per week, but the manager Steven he trust me!!! I prove my self, I was num. 1 On sales, always on the top 5 for the company, they promote me to sales lead full time. they teach me more management skills, the hardest part of the job was learning to teach my associates to sale, it was so hard for me. I'm really competitive with my self, but then i learn that they become good sellers because i teach them how to sale and they look for me it was all worth it.
Tough work, not enough pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  USFebruary 13, 2015
Very unorganized, very tough labor for employees. Favoritism even if you work harder. Not enough pay for the amount of hard labor you have to do and bad employee discount.
Pros
Monthly bonus check depending on store's goals, friendly co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, previous management was manipulative, excessive cleaning/stock work.
flying tto work on a monday an home o a friday
Senior Auditor/ Accounts payable administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
great experience. learned more controls, auditing, time management,
coworkers were great trainers. hardest part of the job was time management.
The Bendel Experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2014
I am successfully completing my work experience at Henri Bendel, from where i am learning how to work with different people from different backgrounds, other key skills: listen to others, communicate with others, help others, work with a team that followed the rules.
To listen, communicate, and help is making my experience at Henri Bendel more than i could hoped for. I have concluded that my experience at Henri Bendel is a success and very helpful for me.
Energetic busy workplace
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2014
Provide support to sales representatives in the field and to deal with customers who contact a company’s sales department, Discuss merchandise with customers, Handle large amounts of cash, Maintain sales records for inventory, Assist in keeping up the display of merchandise
Respect in Business
Ops. Rec Asst./Shipping Coord. (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
I got to learn more in depth about 3rd party merch and learned how to build internal business to business relationships and moving commerce in a timely manner. Also learned how to balance budget matrix between vendors and the company.

The co-workers I got along with well and had a great work relationship with.
Cons
healthcare, no growth.
Productive and fun work enviornment
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  712 5th Avenue, New York, NY‎June 2, 2014
Easy going job
Great Co-workers
Good management
Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with everyone in store and customers
great in store enviroment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLMarch 31, 2014
I really enjoy my day to day with my co workers but corporate support lacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henri Bendel. Our community is ready to answer.