Henri Bendel Employee Reviews in United States

excellent place to work!!!! great environment.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2015
Love the company!!!! I Learn so much from Henri bendel! i start as part time sales associate, just with 4 hours per week, but the manager Steven he trust me!!! I prove my self, I was num. 1 On sales, always on the top 5 for the company, they promote me to sales lead full time. they teach me more management skills, the hardest part of the job was learning to teach my associates to sale, it was so hard for me. I'm really competitive with my self, but then i learn that they become good sellers because i teach them how to sale and they look for me it was all worth it.
Typical Sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2015
While at Bendel's I worked for a great manager and good team members. I most enjoyed the interaction between myself and the customers.
Business Logistic Driven Environment
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Great compensation for Sales Associates. A company with great focus on visual merchandising and product allocation.
Tough work, not enough pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  USFebruary 13, 2015
Very unorganized, very tough labor for employees. Favoritism even if you work harder. Not enough pay for the amount of hard labor you have to do and bad employee discount.
Pros
monthly bonus check depending on store's goals, friendly co-workers
Cons
short breaks, previous management was manipulative, excessive cleaning/stock work.
Productive, hard-working environment full of smiling, energetic faces.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 20, 2013
My experience at Henri Bendel has been fabulous. Working in a higher-end retail job than the others I was used to give me a whole new outlook on sales, management and everything that goes into keeping a company successful and motivated. I have constantly been active at the store whether its been working with customers, taking calls, or working the back with the merchandise and helping organize all of it so that the other employees can easily find products for customers. The company is very team-oriented. We are competitive too, however, but we really focus on helping each other close sales.
Pros
i love all the people that i work with and all the products we sell.
Cons
i don't get paid very well.
Professional and creative work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2013
The hours are from 8:30-5:30 I act as a liaison between employees, security, facilities, guests, delivery personnel, and etc. Facilitate the needs of the HR dept; check references for potential candidates, enter service requests, order supplies, answer phones, book conference rooms, and etc.
I have learned how to effectively communicate and problem solve with a wide rage people in from CEO's to cleaning crews.
The most important part of the position is maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
The best part of the job is the people I work with. They are professional, creative, and enjoyable to be around.
Pros
good benefits and positive work environment
Cons
unflexible hours
flying tto work on a monday an home o a friday
Senior Auditor/ Accounts payable administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
great experience. learned more controls, auditing, time management,
coworkers were great trainers. hardest part of the job was time management.
Great working environment.
Sales Customer Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2012
Fun working environment. Great customer interactions which is the most enjoyable part of my job. Motivating and coaching stylists to be productive. Management is very supportive. There really isn't a hard part to my job.
Average retail store on 5th Ave
Inventory Specialist, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2013
No real advancement, lack state of the art technology and some individuals need to take training coarse on how to deal with people, other than that there are good days.
Productive and fun work enviornment
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  712 5th Avenue, New York, NY‎June 2, 2014
Easy going job
Great Co-workers
Good management
Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with everyone in store and customers
The Bendel Experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2014
I am successfully completing my work experience at Henri Bendel, from where i am learning how to work with different people from different backgrounds, other key skills: listen to others, communicate with others, help others, work with a team that followed the rules.
To listen, communicate, and help is making my experience at Henri Bendel more than i could hoped for. I have concluded that my experience at Henri Bendel is a success and very helpful for me.
they are closed now
SALES ASSOCIATE/ACCESSORIES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2012
I started my career in ladies wear sales there. I was taught a lot. They were patient with me and I benefited.
Pros
specialty store with unique ladies lines
management is productive and always branding by working with new vendors
Office Assistant/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2013
this company and store has great co-workers and teams as well as a lot of creative designers, I've learned how to multi-task I learn how to work as assistant for human resources and help with filing, copying, proof reading changing floorset, cashiering, working in the atrium and handling support and merchandise.
Pros
great store to learn multi-tasking and learning many different jewelry products.
Cons
not enought meetings about the up and coming events
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2013
I love working with a team that has high standards for themselves and the company they are working for. Being a manager opened many new learning opportunities for me. I enjoy coaching and developing new talent and giving them new resources they can use to improve on. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with new people every day and learning something about them.
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Upscale specialty retailer who serviced alot of high profile clients. A very fashionable environment.
customer service manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2012
I enjoyed the one on one contact with our clients. I had to fulfill special requests, made sure deliveries or alterations or special orders were delivered on time, solve problems, handle credit issues, etc. I enjoyed dressing for work. Tthe building was lovely and I enjoyed being in such a creative environment.
Respect in Business
Ops. Rec Asst./Shipping Coord. (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
I got to learn more in depth about 3rd party merch and learned how to build internal business to business relationships and moving commerce in a timely manner. Also learned how to balance budget matrix between vendors and the company.

The co-workers I got along with well and had a great work relationship with.
Cons
healthcare, no growth.
Vibrant, fashionable workplace.
Freelance skin care specialist, brow specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2014
I've worked at Bendel's for many years as a freelancer for many different lines. I love fashion and have great passion for the beauty industry. The best part to me is to be able to service women who enjoy looking good at any age and like the help of professionals to accomplish their goals.
Energetic busy workplace
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2014
Provide support to sales representatives in the field and to deal with customers who contact a company’s sales department, Discuss merchandise with customers, Handle large amounts of cash, Maintain sales records for inventory, Assist in keeping up the display of merchandise
Productive and Fun Workplace
Seasonal Beauty Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2012
Working as a seasonal associate at Henri Bendel was exciting. Everyone was really nice and welcomed me in the company. My mangers were also great. They motivated me to do even better at my position.
Great way to get started
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLOctober 5, 2013
Great introduction into the retail world. Teaches you everything you will need to know in retail and life

4.2