Henrico County Public Schools

Henrico County Public Schools Employer Reviews

Great experiences learned lots of patience
Substitute Clinic Attendant (Current Employee), Henrico, VAFebruary 13, 2015
The day can start in many different ways nice an slow or fast and crazy no 2 days are the same which is exciting, learned that the kids will test you and teach you at the same time, 31 teachers from grades prek-5th plus all the specials very friendly and always willing to help, the hardest part is when you have children that need life saving medication at school but parents don't think it's needed it hard to explain to them the importance of there inhalers and epi pens, best part is getting to know the students and all of the different personalities
Great county to work for
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Henrico, VAFebruary 11, 2015
I love the professionalism that I see everyday working in Henrico Public Schools. The passion for education displayed by the teachers and principals that I work with is inspiring. It certainly believe that the students within this county are in great hands!
SNS Management
SNS Manager II (Current Employee), SNSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: early start to your days 5:00 a.m
A typical day for me in the workplace is fast pace and ever changing!! My assistant and I have a window of an hour and a half to prepare breakfast for 450 hungry teenagers! I've learned that being prepared for any and all possible scenarios when trying to service a large number of people in such a short window! (40 minutes) Managing my staff of twelve is something I truly take pride in. Trying to lead a group of individuals into seeing your vision and knowing your expectations at all times can be a real challenge, but is something I've grown to love. I take real pride in offering outstanding customer service to all in whom we service.
good place to start somewhere
Custodian (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay, no ot
certain postions will be given a opportunity to grow and some people wont. Show alot of favoritism to certain people and certain schools. Good benefits for the ones that actually does work get paid the lowest. Havent seen a raise in years.
floating substitue for Henrico County
LPN School nurse/ clinical attendant/ instructor (Current Employee), Henrico, VaOctober 27, 2014
administer daily medications
medication charting as required per HCPS
conference calls to custodial guardian(s)concerning student health
vision and hearing screenings
observe and educate CNA students in classroom and clinical laboratory
Interactive and engaging
General Education Teacher (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: work whenever it was convenient for me
Cons: no breaks sometimes
Kids get excited when I came to be their teacher for the day. The kids loved having a male teacher. I liked watching them be receptive of my teaching style and they like it too. The hardest part of the job was getting a class who did not respect their teacher so they thought they weren't going to respect the sub. They thought it was a free day until they figured out that I knew what I was doing.
Great schedule. Amazing benefits. Entertaining environment.
School Transportation (Former Employee), Henrico, VASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, schedule and holidays off.
Cons: pay, or lack of...
Overall, not a bad place to work for other than the less than attractive pay. Oh, and only getting paid once a month. But for the most part it was an enjoyable job.
A good place to work.
Special Ed. Teacher (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no breaks
It was a good county to work for with excellent teachers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students and their parents.
beneficial
Food Service Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2014
Can be beneficial to someone with passion for this type of work. Advancement opportunities are available for those who would like the opportunity. They have appreciation days for employees.
Great work environment
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 19, 2014
Work is different every day
management is key to a successful day
co workers are great
management is awesome
watching students grow and develop is enjoyable
Enjoyable place to work.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJanuary 2, 2014
No complaints at this company. I would recommend it to others.
Productive and worthwhile
Teacher/ESL (Former Employee), Henrico, VADecember 8, 2013
Excellent work place enjoy the staff. Flexibel schedule team cohesiveness updated training.
Great place
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 25, 2013
It could get stressful but a great team of people and positive goals made it great.
Organizes and supervises games, recreation activities to promote physical, mental, and social development
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Former Employee), Henrico, VAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship
Cons: some student/classroom is short term assignments
Providing instructional, behavioral and administrative support, and helps students master assignments and reinforce learning concepts.Managed 21-30 classroom/students and provided instructions according to plans as prepared by the permanent classroom teacher. Maintained classroom control, discipline and used appropriate judgment to act in the best interest of students at all times. Worked with students to help reinforce learning objectives. Distributes and grades assignments, homework, and tests. Present subject matter to students using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
Family Atmosphere
Secretary (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJuly 17, 2013
My days are filled with helping others and I enjoy the family atmosphere.
Horrible Benefits/Bully Bosses
Teacher (Former Employee), Henrico, VAJuly 16, 2013
Workplace bullying is prevalent.
Some of the schools are nice.
Benefits are terrible.
Love working with people of all ages.
Library Assistant (Current Employee), SandstonJune 26, 2013
Pros: working with great co-workers, working with children, working with people in general
Cons: no health benefits, none of these jobs are full time all temps.
A normal work day up and ready way in time to be on time. I found that I am always so early. But better early than late. I do my hours which mostly consist of 6 to 8 hours a day. But am always available for overtime hours. I do not like leaving a job incomplete. These jobs that you will see on my resume shows well that I can work in all environments. Also, shows that I am great multi-tasker. I can move from ond job to other without any problems. I complete my hours that is applied to me and the I return home to get my rest and get ready to do all again. I am very customer service savvy. With all my customer service since 1983 shows my customer service talents. All my jobs include working with people and making them feel good about themselves whether they are having a good or bad day. I try to make them laugh and show them things could always me worse. I try to treat others like I would want to be treated. I am great team worker always there to help lead and always willing to learn. All my experience with co-workers have been very successful. I find the hardest part of a job is making sure when I leave for the day I have the feeling I have done my best to make others feel better. Again, I most enjoy people of all ages and seeing them happy and with a smile on there face.
Fun work place
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 25, 2013
Pros: free time in between runs.
Cons: health care
I enjoy driving the bus and working with the children. I learned first hand safety when operating a motor vehicle, working with kids. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, we all band together and help one another. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the traffic. The most enjoyable part is working with the kids.
Worked as a Substitute Teacher
Instructor (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJune 14, 2013
• Implemented Instructor lesson plans using state Standards of Learning
• Maintained order within the classroom with proactive classroom management
Fast paced and family oriented environment.
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 11, 2013
Pros: great schedule, free lunch, in-house advancement
Cons: pay rate, complicated sick leave pay procedures
Starts out very quickly with everyone assigned to their morning jobs. Everyone is very friendly and we all have built our own relationships with each other outside of work. Its a very team oriented environment. I learned how to solve problems very quickly and efficiently and my manager is a very patient, understanding, but firm person which I think makes a great boss. My co-workers are from every walk of life, which makes it a very interesting and fun place to work. It is also a very diverse group of people, which means I learn a lot about other cultures and different foods. The hardest part of the job for me when I first started was remembering ALL the many duties that I had to carry out before the day was over and also getting it done in a small time frame. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my boss decides to cook for all the staff and make something fancy or something from his ethnic background for lunch.

About Henrico County Public Schools

Henrico Schools are well known throughout not only the region and state but also the nation. The school division is equipped – Read more

Henrico County Public Schools Salaries