Henry Booth House

Henry Booth House Employer Reviews

Mentoring ladies/my love for children
Mentor and Youth Volunteer/Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: getting attached to the children
I was a joy working Henry Booth House. I was a teacher"s aide and I love children, seeing those cute little faces in the morning was adorable. I learned how to care for my daughter there. My boss loved me. The teachers were nice. The hardest part was watching the kids graduate I missed them. But overall great experience.
Fun and Productive workplace
Youth Development Program Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago ILJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: field trips, free lunches
This was one of the best experiences i have had thus far. During this volunteer work i got to interact with different children from different age groups and cultures. A typically day is filled with activities to keep kids active and healthy.
Productive, fun, and rewarding place to work.
Youth Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 20, 2013
Pros: making a difference in someone's life.
Cons: none.
A typical day would start off by arriving to work and getting our plans ready for the day or reviewing plans that were already made. I learned that you can get so much more from a job rather than just a pay check. Management was very helping and my co-workers were awesome. The hardest part of the job was losing children and the most enjoyable part was – more... knowing that what I was doing was helping someone. – less
Flexible place to work at
Family and Community Involvement Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2013
Pros: great benefit
Cons: low salary
Flexible place to work at
Vacation benefit is excellent
Management is not organized but good place to get experience.
Social service agency
Health Educator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2013
Social service agency that aids women, children and families. Very diverse.
Working for Henry Booth House Programs really paid off in the end.
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2012
Pros: learning new techniques and making money.
Cons: being called away from the office to assist with other work.
I typed all correspondence for the Head Start program and had to train the person who took over my position. The people I worked with were okay and I learned a lot there. The hardest part of the job was having to be trained to punch in on a time card, but once I got the hang of it, it was easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to galas for – more... the agency. – less
Good work environment
Human Resources Assistant (contractual) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2012
Pros: challenging duties, friendly atmosphere, flexibility
Cons: no health benefits for contractual employees
Henry Booth House is a detail oriented, fast paced and overall friendly working environment. As an employee of the HR Department my day-to-day duties include: monitoring credentials and qualifications of childcare employees.