HENRY COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILAugust 15, 2017
Very Informative and friendly environment. Many different offers to the public. Steady pace. Management on top of rules and regulations. Very diverse culture and upbeat coworkers who are very helpful.
Rewarding
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 20, 2017
Helping others is the biggest reward. The appreciation of the clients is very rewarding. There are different needs in every home, so you should never get bored. This job keeps you moving daily. You learn different ways of dealing with situations by paying attention to everyone differently. You learn how to pick up on little things that can make a big difference in a good or bad way.
Pros
Getting to know and help people.
Cons
Lose of clients you are connected to.
Not what its cracked up to be
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILJanuary 17, 2017
you aren't guaranteed hours and the pay isn't all that great especially when you are only getting 10 hours a week. typical day may be going to one clients house for 2 hours then your done..
Learned alot
Front Office Coordinator/Public Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJune 4, 2016
I worked the front window. I scheduled appointments, answered the phones and set up nutritional kiosk classes. Distributed WIC vouchers and processed RSM applications for pregnant women and much more. I learned to work public and vital records and as well as different vaccines. Management was great, they took a chance on me fresh out of school. There was nothing hard about the job and i enjoyed interacting with the public daily.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not much room for growth since most people were vested and not leaving anytime soon.
Good place to work.
Home Care Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILSeptember 13, 2015
Very good company to work for. Management always gave commendation for a job well done. They always appreciated the home care assistants and sent thank you notes with gift cards. I was able to get the work schedule that I needed.
Rewarding to care for those who needed help.
Homemaker Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILAugust 18, 2015
Cared for elderly and disabled people in many ways: personal care, running errands, cooking, cleaning their house, etc.

Confirmed again that helping others is very rewarding and that God made me to do so.

Management was great.

Co-workers were great (I only saw them as we changed shifts and updated the other one on the client)

Hardest part was not being trained more in the medical field.

I learned a lot from my clients in them sharing their life's experiences.
Pros
Rewarding feeling in helping others
Cons
Didn't have enough medical training.
Productive yet fast paced
Front Office Coordinator/Public Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAApril 1, 2015
This was my first job after graduating from GMI. I was excited very eager to learn and the company was just as eager to teach. This position was more public being that it was a County Health Dept. Overall it was a great place but very fast paced which kept it very interesting.
interesting meeting new people
home care assistant (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Cleaned for the elderly and disabled. Also went shopping for them or took them to the store if they wanted to get out.

The hardest part was having to get on my hands and knees to clean floors.
Government-based work place with good benefits
RN, Home Health & Hospice (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OhioJanuary 19, 2015
Assessing patients in their home for home health and/or hospice.
Learned policies and procedures for processing assessment information and submitting completed information to Medicare and insurance companies.
Management was generally informative but direct management was not always effective in day to day management of unit.
Co-workers were generally helpful in orientation process, although orientation process itself was haphazard and lacking structure.
The hardest part of the job was learning all the qualifications and details required with each different type of insurance company.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the patients.
Pros
Patient contact
Cons
Ineffective direct management and insurance company qualifications
Good starting point but no room for growth
RN Case Manager - Home Health and Hospice (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHApril 22, 2014
A typical day in home health and hospice is usually very busy and unpredictable. You carry an assigned caseload but frequently have to pick up patients for others who may be off or need to catch up on documentation. Work/life balance is fair, there is on-call one night per week and every 6th weekend. Management is somewhat unprofessional and lacks leadership skills. Coworkers are supportive and friendly. the hardest part of the job is the workload, always being behind on paperwork. The most enjoyable part of the job is by far coworkers.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
Making a difference
Nursing Director of Public Health (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INOctober 31, 2013
As a sitting member of the county health department board, and following inspection of migrant workers living environment, dirt floors and no running water or access to electricity were abandoned. Implementation of free immunization clinics regardless of financial status, blossomed and assisted in meeting CDC guidlines. AIDS epidemic was rampant and offered opportunity for statewide education and public involvement. Afforded opportunity for WIC involvement and assisted with parent instruction to improve child care for those who needed it most.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Political issues
I enjoyed to oppurtunity to be able to provide much needed servce for the elderly as it allowed them to remain in their homes as long as was possible.
HCA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILAugust 28, 2012
I enjoyed talking to the elderly on the phone about scheduling service for them. They are generally very appreciative of the help that could be provded for them. The job of HCA Coordinator was very rewarding and at the same could be stressful when the home care assistants could not be at work due to illness or family obligations. The hardest part of my job was the inability to control the home care assistants attendance, but it was also challenging to make sure all clients received the service they needed on a daily basis.
Pros
excellant place to work, co-workers, other department staff, and general concern of all employees.
Cons
supervisor was not consistent with rules that were to be followed, alot of confusion on how situations were handled.
A company dedicated to their clients health and well being
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILJune 18, 2012
Going to work was a joy; my clients always were appreciative of the times we were welcomed into their homes. I learned that a little compassion goes a long way with aging adults. The staff at Henry County Health Department expressed love and support as well as respect for the men and women that we cared for. I didn't get a chance to have any close relationships with co workers, however, communication about clients needs and wishes were openly discussed between caregivers when needed. We were a team. The hardest part of the job was having clients fall ill or pass away. I enjoyed the quality time that I got to spend with my clients knowing that I have brightened their day by having friendly convorsations and made their lives a little easier by accomidating them in their homes.
Pros
family like atmosphere, flexible hours
Cons
short handed
This was a productive environment.
Contracted translator (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILFebruary 21, 2012
I gained communication and people skills here. I also got to use my Spanish, which was a plus.
Pros
this workplace was close to home.