Henry County Hospital Employee Reviews

Henry County
Medical Laboratory Technician( Student intern) (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, IAAugust 1, 2017
I enjoyed the people that I worked with . It was a friendly and fun atmosphere. I appreciated the skills and experiences i developed in Henry County hospital.
Pros
Opportunity to expand my knowledge
Cons
work Schedule
I Loves It!
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAJune 5, 2017
I loved working in the hospital atmosphere, and helping patients. I also felt proud to be talked about as one of the most clean hospitals around! I would Definitely go back if I could!
Could be better
Lobby Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INApril 4, 2017
My job was a very easy one though it did require a lot of public interaction. Beyond that it is very much a who you know kind of place in terms of hiring and promotions. I wouldn't work there again.
Pros
Quarterly drawing based on attendance for gifts and cash
Cons
Very much a clique
small hospital with excellent patient care
Student Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Henry county hospital is very friendly and a good place for students to come to learn because of the independence and confidence the technologists have in the students.
Good caring staff
Director of Safety and Security (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INDecember 21, 2016
Small hospital trying to compete with larger facilities. Administration does a good job of keeping the hospital competitive. Staff is great to work with.
Pros
Good workforce
Cons
n/a
Very enjoyable workplace, friendly staff
RN (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNJuly 31, 2016
Long hours, staff are friendly and work as teamplayers to accomplish to job. Long work hours and plenty of on call. Dr are upstanding and a pleasure to work with.
Very hands on for a wonderful learning experience
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work is a steady day. It is not often you catch yourself standing around looking for something to do. Almost everyone is easy to get along with and eager to help out when needed. Management is well organized and always there for you if and when you should ever need them.
A good work environment but has had recent change in management.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INJuly 8, 2016
A good work environment with typically adequate staffing. Team members are helpful and work well together. There has been a recent change in management that is not always supportive. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult patients and the best part is making a difference and making pts feel better.
Hopital experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Castle Family and Internal MedicineDecember 11, 2015
room patients, obtain social/family/medical histories, assist with minor office procedures, perform ekg's, administering injections, was also the immunization coordinator
Pros
great coworkers, friendly office
Good hard work
Housekeeping/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INJuly 16, 2015
I loved this job when I first started, however, it seems like they stopped caring about me, and I say this because they made me perform job functions I was not qualified to do, and they did not pay me the salary a person of that rank earned. I like to clean, and I like meeting new challenges, but I like to be paid for doing other people's jobs, especially if they make more than I do!
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Not fair to employees
Hch
Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  New CastleMay 27, 2015
I enjoy working for Henry County Hospital and my co-workers are always great to work with. I have always had a great experience since I have been working here.
Very small hospital with no advancement opportunities.
Work full -time as a Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 17, 2015
A good hospital to start a nursing career and get some experience but no advancement for full time employment opportunities.
Central Scheduling Coordinator/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INApril 27, 2015
A typical day was answering the phone and scheduling procedures. I learned a lot about radiology while doing this job! Management was great for a very long time and my co-workers were great. Management brought in a LEAN team and huge changes were made. The hardest part of the job was the changes that were being made. Hours/days/departments were being re-assigned to everyone. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Hour/department mandatory change after 15 years of employment.
Alot of support from management
House Supervisor/Emergency Care Services (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHJanuary 4, 2015
Staffing is usually fair and adequate, managers are supportive and give you the tools to succeed. Adequate education opportunities are offered and support is given for new initiative. Feedback is taken well by administration for the most part. This hospital does not tolerate poor behaviors and gives ample opportunities for coaching and improvement for job success.
Pros
compassionate administration
Cons
high expectation for staffing coverage
great place to work poor management
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Great place to work poor management, the hours were nice and you cn work out on the clock
Quiet place to work no distractions.
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INSeptember 24, 2014
A focused environment- supervisors are helpful and employees are friendly. The lean management style has ensured that work is streamlined and gets done efficiently.
I loved this job
Plumber/Maintenance-technician (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INFebruary 16, 2014
I was employed at the hospital for 18 years and I loved my job. I was able to learn and perfect my skills and the work environment was very friendly and flexible.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Demanding hours
Night supervision of county hospital
Nursing Administration,Case/ Quality Management (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INOctober 31, 2013
As the night supervisor, I had the opportunity to introduce education and purpose to entry level staff. In addition, I provided leadership to the staff and was responsible for many other responsibilities within the hospital.

A typical day included, staffing, scheduling and organization within the various departments to ensure that all positions were covered and the adequate support was in place when needed.

The most enjoyable part was the leadership qualities that I was able to impart to the staff and the constant interaction with the critically ill patients.

The drawbacks included inadequate staffing and the interference from other entities required reduction in staffing and loss of the quality of care that should have been provided to our patients.
Pros
Growth and integration of staffing in a difficult situation, the development of teamwork was sensational.
Cons
providing appropriate oversight to the patients when staffing levels were decreased
Environment is nice, but no real perks or securtiy
RN (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INMay 17, 2013
This used to be a wonderful place to work. It is now an unstable company. Insurance is expensive, and not good insurance. They have cut many of the benefits/ perks. Job security is almost non existent at this point.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no job security. they are cutting hours and positions
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHFebruary 13, 2013
Really liked my Job ,just couldn't deal with the politics and if you weren't a christian they would shun you.
Pros
t-shirts
Cons
no promise of advancement and they would judge you.