Henry County Hospital

Henry County Hospital Employee Reviews

Very small hospital with no advancement opportunities.
Work full -time as a Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Napoleon, OHMay 17, 2015
A good hospital to start a nursing career and get some experience but no advancement for full time employment opportunities.
Central Scheduling Coordinator/Transcriptionist (Former Employee), New Castle, INApril 27, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Hour/department mandatory change after 15 years of employment.
A typical day was answering the phone and scheduling procedures. I learned a lot about radiology while doing this job! Management was great for a very long time and my co-workers were great. Management brought in a LEAN team and huge changes were made. The hardest part of the job was the changes that were being made. Hours/days/departments were being re-assigned to everyone. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers.
Alot of support from management
House Supervisor/Emergency Care Services (Current Employee), Napoleon, OHJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: compassionate administration
Cons: high expectation for staffing coverage
Staffing is usually fair and adequate, managers are supportive and give you the tools to succeed. Adequate education opportunities are offered and support is given for new initiative. Feedback is taken well by administration for the most part. This hospital does not tolerate poor behaviors and gives ample opportunities for coaching and improvement for job success.
great place to work poor management
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Napoleon, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Great place to work poor management, the hours were nice and you cn work out on the clock
Quiet place to work no distractions.
Medical Coder (Former Employee), New Castle, INSeptember 24, 2014
A focused environment- supervisors are helpful and employees are friendly. The lean management style has ensured that work is streamlined and gets done efficiently.
I loved this job
Plumber/Maintenance-technician (Former Employee), New Castle, INFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: demanding hours
I was employed at the hospital for 18 years and I loved my job. I was able to learn and perfect my skills and the work environment was very friendly and flexible.
Night supervision of county hospital
Nursing Administration,Case/ Quality Management (Former Employee), New Castle, INOctober 31, 2013
Pros: growth and integration of staffing in a difficult situation, the development of teamwork was sensational.
Cons: providing appropriate oversight to the patients when staffing levels were decreased
As the night supervisor, I had the opportunity to introduce education and purpose to entry level staff. In addition, I provided leadership to the staff and was responsible for many other responsibilities within the hospital.

A typical day included, staffing, scheduling and organization within the various departments to ensure that all positions were covered and the adequate support was in place when needed.

The most enjoyable part was the leadership qualities that I was able to impart to the staff and the constant interaction with the critically ill patients.

The drawbacks included inadequate staffing and the interference from other entities required reduction in staffing and loss of the quality of care that should have been provided to our patients.
Environment is nice, but no real perks or securtiy
RN (Former Employee), New Castle, INMay 17, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no job security. they are cutting hours and positions
This used to be a wonderful place to work. It is now an unstable company. Insurance is expensive, and not good insurance. They have cut many of the benefits/ perks. Job security is almost non existent at this point.
Co-worker (Former Employee), Napoleon, OHFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: t-shirts
Cons: no promise of advancement and they would judge you.
Really liked my Job ,just couldn't deal with the politics and if you weren't a christian they would shun you.
Positive work environment with patient and family focus and competent care.
RN Homecare (Former Employee), New Castle, INJanuary 25, 2013
Competent nursing staff offering quality care to patients.
Culture of team work
Office Coordinator/Medical Staff Services (Current Employee), Napoleon, OhioNovember 25, 2012
Very kind people work here. Is a very small hospital with a positive attitude and opportunities to express concerns and ideas to better the facility.

Henry County Hospital Salaries