Henry County Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting, Comfortable Environment.
School Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work is always exciting knowing you are working towards one common goal alongside your co-workers which is to get the job done. My co-workers are fun to be around and we all work together as a unit to get the job done. I enjoy every second of every day of my job.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Cons
Compensation, Healthcare
A learning atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 13, 2016
I find it very rewarding when your able to help a child understand their assignment. The schools in this county have the same rules. The only downside of the job is difficult students, but the staff are very helpful with these situations.
Pros
Flexibility to work
Cons
Short breaks
This job helped me to work with special need children
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 5, 2016
This was a job that helped me to learn how to care for children that had special needs that rode the bus. I had a very good coworker, I felt good knowing that the children felt safe when riding the bus to school. I had a good team player.
Great place to work, but the money is scarce.
Janitor/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 1, 2016
I love working with the teachers and students. It's a rewarding job, except for the money. The hours are good and the people are good to me.

Working for a school system is much harder than one may think!
Nice job
HIGH SCHOOL MARKETING TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Ridgeway, VAAugust 7, 2015
Good organization to work for. Coworkers are awesome to work with and collaboration is good. However, advancement opportunities are limited.
Pros
Excellent to work for
Cons
Fun workplace with the elementary students. Teaching positive reinforcement in a learning environment.
Substitute Teacher Henry County Schools (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day was always different, with different students. I learned to be patient, firm but loving, making learning fun, and students of excellence. Management was always very helpful, and caring. I really didn't have any co-workers. Teachers were always helpful to me. The hardest part of the job was keeping students busy, so to avoid discipline problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching excitement in the students when learning new things.
Pros
working my own hours as a substitute teacher, and the same hours as my children.
Cons
very defiant students, even when using positive reinforcement.
Enjoyable Job
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 11, 2015
A typical day in education is assisting the teacher and students. In the field I currently work in, well, its overwhelming at times due to the fact we work with children with behavioral/emotional issues. I learned many years ago to leave work at work, otherwise, I would worry myself silly over these children!
Henry County Schools promote a wonderful education for its students and teachers have many opportunities for professional development.
Bus./Comp. Science Teacher & Online Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 20, 2013
A typical work day is fast past. You have to be observant, and knowledgeable about your subject area, and in sync with your students. Multi-tasking, attending meetings, and meeting deadlines coincide with a full day of teaching. Time management is especially important because it keeps your students and your day under control with less stress. The most challenging part of the job is to find some down time to attend school activities with co-workers. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with students and watching them absorb and being excited about what is being taught.
Pros
environment, working with a great administration and staff
Cons
furlough days, budget crunch
Overall decent place to be employed.
Operations Manager/Food Service Dept. (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VAJune 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was forming relationships with the children and watching them grow up. I did learn a lot and was offered opportunities to learn more. As with a lot of places there were things that went on that was not honest or right, this is why I am no longer with this company. I brought certain problems, such as workers not complying to specific directions or not completing, & in certain cases not doing production paperwork, to the attention of upper management, then was told to falsify things, even to do the work for them. When I would not comply with this I was lied on and eventually let go. The hardest part of the job was dealing with workers who relied on "who" they knew and their relationships with those particular people to not only keep their positions in the company, but to also be promoted. There is a lot of unfair, unjust people working at this company.
Pros
insurance.
Cons
favoritism, very hard work, very fast paced.
Counselor
Counselor (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 13, 2015
The county isn't as large as other so you really get to know your community which is excellent when you're working with children. I work from when I walk through the door until the last bus leaves. I enjoy working with my co-workers, and I enjoy working with my kids.
Good School System
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GADecember 23, 2014
Henry County Schools was a good place to work and it provides a very unique learning experience for those who are entering the field of teaching. A typical day at work would include assisting teachers with teaching the curriculum to students in grades 6 through 8. Co-workers were very cordial and polite. The hardest aspect of the job was the sometimes constant unexpected substituting for regular teachers. Teh most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide students with alternative ways of learning besides the tradtional "teacher in front of the blackboard" concpet.
Pros
vacation days
Cons
low pay
Na
Sub Custodian (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GANovember 1, 2013
My job is great because I love to have work to from began to end and I work hard and love being a team player and I will always help my co-worker that in need
engaging with students
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAMarch 26, 2015
I have always loved to teach, but I am interested in other opportunities outside the classroom. My day is always filled with new adventures.
Pros
children
Cons
adults
Rewarding and productive workplace. I enjoyed working with high school students
High School Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  McDonough GeorgiaOctober 14, 2013
I connected with students and staff. I had an opportunity to influence students. Having educated my two sons through the college level graduates, debt free, I had a great amount of knowledge to impart to those students who were not knowledgeable about the opportunities and requirements for college.
Pros
making a difference in student's lives
Cons
low income, part time
rewarding, educational position
Teaching Assistant, Cook (Former Employee) –  New Castle, KYFebruary 25, 2015
take attendance, assist children with lesson. Supervise them in the hallway at lunch and special areas. Assess and review their improvements
Friendly environment
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  MacDonough GAFebruary 5, 2015
A good place to work, staff extremely helpful. Difficult to advance unless you have "connections."

Co-workers very friendly. Get paid once a month, every month of the year.
small county so they could work with you more
pre-school-2nd Autism Teacher (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VAJuly 18, 2012
Henry County Schools was very good to me. I worked in 4 of their schools and enjoyed each experience. Because the school system was small, they were able to give the support a teacher needed. They also had a great Special Education Program. Like all schools, the paper work was overwhelming.
Pros
small school system
Cons
no breaks, no time to do paper work at work.
Restructuring
Special Education Department Chairperson (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 6, 2014
Growing district. Going through a restructuring. There are limited opportunities for Blacks to grow.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 25, 2012
Welcome to classroom, expectations, rules, procedures, students follow assignments if time permit play educational engaging games until bell rings for next class.
Pros
teacher plans are already prepared for you to implement with students
Cons
relationship with students are short term
Henry County is great for new teachers
Special Education Interrelated/Co-Teacher Grades (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 1, 2014
Henry County Schools is great for new teachers to grow. This is a family environment. Principals support teachers.
Pros
teaching county
Cons
difficult for african amercans in special education to grow.