Henry County Schools

Henry County Schools Employer Reviews

rewarding, educational position
Teaching Assistant, Cook (Former Employee), New Castle, KYFebruary 25, 2015
take attendance, assist children with lesson. Supervise them in the hallway at lunch and special areas. Assess and review their improvements
Friendly environment
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), MacDonough GAFebruary 5, 2015
A good place to work, staff extremely helpful. Difficult to advance unless you have "connections."

Co-workers very friendly. Get paid once a month, every month of the year.
Fun workplace with the elementary students. Teaching positive reinforcement in a learning environment.
Substitute Teacher Henry County Schools (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: working my own hours as a substitute teacher, and the same hours as my children.
Cons: very defiant students, even when using positive reinforcement.
A typical day was always different, with different students. I learned to be patient, firm but loving, making learning fun, and students of excellence. Management was always very helpful, and caring. I really didn't have any co-workers. Teachers were always helpful to me. The hardest part of the job was keeping students busy, so to avoid discipline problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching excitement in the students when learning new things.
Good School System
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee), Hampton, GADecember 23, 2014
Pros: vacation days
Cons: low pay
Henry County Schools was a good place to work and it provides a very unique learning experience for those who are entering the field of teaching. A typical day at work would include assisting teachers with teaching the curriculum to students in grades 6 through 8. Co-workers were very cordial and polite. The hardest aspect of the job was the sometimes constant unexpected substituting for regular teachers. Teh most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide students with alternative ways of learning besides the tradtional "teacher in front of the blackboard" concpet.
Restructuring
Special Education Department Chairperson (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJune 6, 2014
Growing district. Going through a restructuring. There are limited opportunities for Blacks to grow.
Overall decent place to be employed.
Operations Manager/Food Service Dept. (Former Employee), Collinsville, VAJune 5, 2014
Pros: insurance.
Cons: favoritism, very hard work, very fast paced.
The most enjoyable part of my job was forming relationships with the children and watching them grow up. I did learn a lot and was offered opportunities to learn more. As with a lot of places there were things that went on that was not honest or right, this is why I am no longer with this company. I brought certain problems, such as workers not complying to specific directions or not completing, & in certain cases not doing production paperwork, to the attention of upper management, then was told to falsify things, even to do the work for them. When I would not comply with this I was lied on and eventually let go. The hardest part of the job was dealing with workers who relied on "who" they knew and their relationships with those particular people to not only keep their positions in the company, but to also be promoted. There is a lot of unfair, unjust people working at this company.
Part time
Henry County-Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAMarch 22, 2014
Part-time position on availability. If not available they will not call you anymore. Illness is not acceptable.
Henry County is great for new teachers
Special Education Interrelated/Co-Teacher Grades (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: teaching county
Cons: difficult for african amercans in special education to grow.
Henry County Schools is great for new teachers to grow. This is a family environment. Principals support teachers.
Service Learing
Internship (Former Employee), StockbridgeDecember 22, 2013
I received credit for volunteering to work on computers and there various hardware
NA
Sub Custodian (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GANovember 1, 2013
MY JOB IS GREAT BECAUSE I LOVE TO HAVE WORK TO FROM BEGAN TO END AND I WORK HARD AND LOVE BEING A TEAM PLAYER AND I WILL ALWAYS HELP MY CO-WORKER THAT IN NEED
Rewarding and productive workplace. I enjoyed working with high school students
High School Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), McDonough GeorgiaOctober 14, 2013
Pros: making a difference in student's lives
Cons: low income, part time
I connected with students and staff. I had an opportunity to influence students. Having educated my two sons through the college level graduates, debt free, I had a great amount of knowledge to impart to those students who were not knowledgeable about the opportunities and requirements for college.
good place to work
Custodian Worker (Former Employee), McDonough, GAAugust 15, 2013
worked at Locust Grove High school. Co workers were all hard workers. good place to work. Job was out sourced.
Special Educator
Interrelated Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAJune 6, 2013
• Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the instructional needs and interests of students in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.
• Effectively teaches all core academic subjects for each grade level, including language arts, math, science, and social studies courses.
• Provides specialized curriculum focus and enrichment while instructing assigned program of study and managing paraprofessional support.
Fun WorkPlace Great Co-Workers
Facility Maintenance Staff (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAMay 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare, etc
Love my school 15 min one way
Love the Principal and Assistant Principal Here
The kids are Great
Henry County Schools promote a wonderful education for its students and teachers have many opportunities for professional development.
Bus./Comp. Science Teacher & Online Facilitator (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: environment, working with a great administration and staff
Cons: furlough days, budget crunch
A typical work day is fast past. You have to be observant, and knowledgeable about your subject area, and in sync with your students. Multi-tasking, attending meetings, and meeting deadlines coincide with a full day of teaching. Time management is especially important because it keeps your students and your day under control with less stress. The most challenging part of the job is to find some down time to attend school activities with co-workers. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with students and watching them absorb and being excited about what is being taught.
Teacher
Study Skills Specialist, Union Grove Middle School (Former Employee), McDonough, GAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: bestteaching practices
Cons: no cons
Henry County is a great school system to work for. I enjoyed the one year of middle school teaching experience
small county so they could work with you more
pre-school-2nd Autism Teacher (Former Employee), Collinsville, VAJuly 18, 2012
Pros: small school system
Cons: no breaks, no time to do paper work at work.
Henry County Schools was very good to me. I worked in 4 of their schools and enjoyed each experience. Because the school system was small, they were able to give the support a teacher needed. They also had a great Special Education Program. Like all schools, the paper work was overwhelming.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJune 25, 2012
Pros: teacher plans are already prepared for you to implement with students
Cons: relationship with students are short term
Welcome to classroom, expectations, rules, procedures, students follow assignments if time permit play educational engaging games until bell rings for next class.