Henry Ford Health System

Henry Ford Health System Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Mobile/OR Technologist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: healthcare, incentive, opportunity for advancement
Every employee is given the necessary tools to perform their jb effectively.
Great first Job
Assist the lead nurse (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 28, 2014
Worked there while in highschool and taught me how to be patient
Best Hospital In Michigan
Patient Care Technician (Externship) (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: health care, free lunches for volunteers
Great staff, benefits, every one is treated like family with kindness and your well being matters
Over Worked Under Paid
Certified Clinical Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 18, 2014
Pros: benefit packages are better than most like companies.
Cons: pay is very low compared to other like business's
A typical day at work is fast paced.
I've learned to deal with the ups and downs of my day.
Management aren't team players
My co-workers work together to get the job done.
Working short staffed.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making a patient smile and uplifting their spirits when low.
very diverse
Birth Certificate Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 10, 2014
Pros: very clean facility
Cons: lower wages than i would like
good location to receive care. Family friendly. Caring staff. Good people to work with. Most employees have long years of service.
Friendly and Professional Staff
Cashier/Food Service (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 27, 2014
Pros: immediate colleagues
Cons: temporary
Friendly and Professional Staff, Immediate colleagues were always willing to assist and support one another. Which is important in a work environment.
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst, PROMOTION (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 27, 2014
Pros: advancement
Working with team to daily while maintaining grants and conducting research. Always, new training available for software upgrades. The hardest part of the job was leaving to raise my babies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff, promotions, room for growth.
School Externship at Henry Ford
H.I.M. Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 25, 2014
My internship with HFHS was wonderful. I learned a lot and really got a sense of what the HIM world is all about in the hospitals. I feel that I have gained enough knowledge and experience from my time here to help obtain my future career.
a summer job
student (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 24, 2014
My typical day consent of following a doctor around and getting the experience of working in the medical field. I learned alot of different thing nursing, the customer, and doctor.
Enjoyable place to work. Staff is excellent to work with. Always encouraging education.
RN float pool (Former Employee), Mount Clemens, MIJune 22, 2014
I worked in the float pool, so every shift was a different floor. I enjoyed all areas of the hospital. The staff was always excellent in assisting with help when needed. I was always learning new nursing skills with the float pool. Having new patients each shift had its benefits along with its disadvantages. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Henry Ford – more... Hospital. – less
Good teaching environment
Medical Assistant II/MA Coordinator (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 12, 2014
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: pay is too low
Good place to work, lots of experience, but needs to increase advancement in medical assistant positions.
A great department morale. My co-workers are like friends and management is very supportive and enthusiastic.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJune 10, 2014
Pros: great staff. great pay.
Being contingent at a workplace such as Henry Ford Hospital made me look forward to an available full-time position. The ER experience was so fast paced and critical. Great with learning how to time manage and use your critical thinking skills under pressure. The manager at this facility is very out-going and supportive. She played a significant role – more... in the department morale. The hardest part of my job was being as available as I desired due to having another part-time position at another facility. – less
Meaningful work.
Medical Assistant - Gynecologic Oncology (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJune 9, 2014
I currently work in a fast pace clinic. I room patients after obtaining their vitals and log them into Epic.
Very production in the workplace.
Nurse Assisant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 9, 2014
Pros: great learning experiences
Cons: the employees weren't that nice.
It was often very busy at work. My co-workers weren't that friendly. Management was very stern about henry ford policies. The most enjoyable part about my job was interacting, and getting to know the patients
I loved this position!
Sous Baker Chef (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 8, 2014
Pros: the freedom to bake the breads and desserts of my choice.
Cons: the co-op position ended.
I was a baker at the student-run restaurant. I did this co-op job well enough that I was asked back for a second term. I learned all aspects of a restaurant business; front of the house as well as back of the house. I was trained as a server, (fine dining), a line cook, a prep cook, and my personal favorite, in the bakeshop.

While doing my co-op position, – more... I was in charge of the desserts for the restaurant, and I baked all of the specialty breads and rolls for all of the buffets.

I enjoyed working for the 5101 restaurant, Henry Ford Community College's student-run restaurant. All of the Chefs were completely professional and taught me a lot.

I was able to work in a diverse setting within a team and also I had the chance to work independently. – less
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit MiJune 4, 2014
it was a great place to work, management were wonderful, co-worker were always helpful and friendly, what i learnt from the job was being able to draw blood and do EKG nothing about the job was hard cause everyone was helpful.
good starter job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Wyandotte, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: always short staffed, limited resources, small community hospital
The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers. Always willing to help out if you fall behind. Friendly atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is 100% responsibility and 0 authority. A small community hospital where there are practically no doctors around after 8pm and nurses frequently need to make important decisions that maybe out of their scope – more... of practice. You will learn a lot, very fast. I feel like management doesn't have your back or stick up for you when confrontation occurs. Criticism isn't always constructive coming from the manager. – less
Good opportunities for advancement, and paid vacations.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 30, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: pay scale
Awesome advancement opportunities. Good healthcare packages. Paid vacations.
Worst hospital of Henry Ford Health System to work for
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Ferndale, MIMay 30, 2014
Cons: everything
This place just really is not a good hospital at all. It is poorly managed.
Nice place to work with nice people
Clinical Service Representative (Current Employee), 2799 West Grand BlvdMay 30, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: low pay
My day start with greeting patients and checking them in to be seen by doctor or nurse. I verify all information and verify insurance. I have learned to have more patience with rude people. You have to treat each individual with the same respect and courtesy reguardless of the status.

1 2 3 4 5

About Henry Ford Health System

Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network – Read more