Henry Ford Health System

Henry Ford Health System United States Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Food Service Aide (Current Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIApril 30, 2015
nice place to work. nice money. i loved every moment of working here and i will really go back there to work. i working in room service where i served patients, answered phones, and prepared food.
I enjoyed the new experiences and teachings .
CNA / CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 29, 2015
I truly enjoyed starting my day with an in depth report on the patients every morning. I learned how to engage in diversity of cultures.
Daily Duties
Project Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee), Rochester HillsApril 27, 2015
Pros: Independent worker who enjoy being busy
Cons: Too many high priority projects at the same time same deadline date
Job consist of meetings, daily conference calls, application testing, application build, meeting with customers and learning dept. process flow.
Flexibility with scheduling.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Novi, MIApril 24, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with schedule.
Cons: Working late nights 2 days a week and having to return the next morning, Pay for work efforts not compatable.
The hardest part of working for this company was the working 2 late nights and having to return for work the very next morning. It was very difficult for individuals with families. I loved working with my co-workers who were team players. We were able to provide the best care possible for our patients.
Why I love working for HFHS
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 22, 2015
Pros: Employee Discounts
Cons: Provide more working hours
Love working for this company. This company seems to care about their employees. The pay is fair, this company has lots of wellness program, and they are involved helping the city
Good Place to work if like to have contact with all different types of people.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 20, 2015
Pros: Lots of perks to working for this company
Cons: Wages may be lower than same type work with other facilities.
On a good day you may save a life or help an elderly person. The people for the most part a friendly and easy to work with and for.
Nice Caring co-workers
Assist Nurse (Former Employee), DetroitApril 19, 2015
A typical day a work would be coming in a going straight in to helping and working with the patients. I have learned so much by working with a different departments each one has its on way of how they function and by the end of the day it works. I loved all the co-works that i have gotten to know they were family to me. the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that every day that you come to work get to make some one feel better no matter what.
One of The Best Companies in Michigan to Work For
Behavioral Health RN (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: RN to patient ratio is far better than anyplace I have ever worked, pay for a Contingent RN is excellent.
Cons: Very difficult to get part or full-time position here, so I have to unfortunately search elsewhere, since a Contingent position simply isn't secure enough to be able to support oneself.
Excellent, well-managed place to work. Good work environment. Management clearly states what is expected of employees.
great place to work
RN nurse (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: a chance for advancment
Cons: very little overtime
a place of progress. Enjoy my tenure there. staffing was done fairly. Supervisors were well qualified to run the hospital. Administration was on top of the-their game.
productive and fun
Waitstaff (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 11, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: short hours
I learned how to always keep a positive attitude, help co wokers. My cowokers are very friendly which always makes the job that much better. The hardest part of my job is getting close to residents that pass on. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the co wokers that I have and meeting new residents.
Good company
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Mostly daytime hours
Cons: Not very accomodating with school hours
This is not the best paying employer, there was not much flexibility in the hours, the job was pretty secure, the management kept changing so I would not be qualified to give a review.
Company has no advancement options.
Vendor Compliance Specialist/Systems Analyst/Buyer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 6, 2015
The company does allow for family and other issues to be taken care of with no repercussions.There is little way of training or advancement opportunities.
excellent place to work.
Radiologic Lead Technologist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, treated employees wonderfully
Cons: located in Detroit
Henry Ford hospital is/was a fantastic facility and treated everyone with respect. Benefits were the best I have ever had. The management team treated everyone like family and overall was a wonderful experience.
assembly plant
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIApril 5, 2015
great money and benefits, loved my coworkers, supervisors ok, did'nt like everyone knowing when i had to go to bathroom, not female oriented
I have been employed with Henry Ford since 2008. It has been a great experience and I have met several people that have made an impact on my life.
At Home Agent (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 31, 2015
I am a patient advocate. I assist with calls within the Detroit region of Henry Ford. I answer calls that allows me to register patients, schedule appointments, submit messages to doctors through satellite, and overall make sure that I have satisfied the patient need. I work with many individuals that are willing to help as a team and display a positive attitude in a diverse work place. The hardest part of my job is when I try to complete a patient request due to waiting for a response from a patient doctor.
Caring for others I love it
Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: workload
A typical day at work includes introducing myself to my patients, taking vital signs ,blood sugars,and assisting with toileting
Healthcare setting
Patient Sitter (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 23, 2015
Pros: professional policies
Cons: very unfriendly
This company does really care for their employees as far as advancement in the company they would prefer to hire outside of the company the do not care about family life
At the Henry Ford Health System the productive working their was great and a fun place to work for.
Full-time Custodian (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: working with a team
Working at the Henry Ford Health System was one of my best jobs the management was great to work for.The work load was good the people were great.
Diverse environment to work in
Clerical (Former Employee), DetroitMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Large and productive environment to work in
Cons: Overcrowded lunch rooms
Staff have been known to show favoritism. Updating on some suites are needed. Can be a very busy environment often. Parking is difficult.
The job is productive it need be organized
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 16, 2015
I do work for a contractual employment firm-Powerlink in Warren Michigan location - Powerlink has the housekeeping contract with Henry Ford Health System.

I used to working smart and cleaning but their style is disorganized.

I have learned fast and enjoyed working independent without supervision.

I wished was a increased in my hourly paid

The job isn't hard at all

No comment about management or supervision at this time

1 2 3 4 5

About Henry Ford Health System

Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network – Read more

Henry Ford Health System Salaries