Henry Ford Health System

Henry Ford Health System Employee Reviews

Benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 6, 2016
Every year I've worked for H.F. Hospital I've had something taken away from me. Substandard pay, my pension was taken away, the contribution to my retirement cut in half, no Christmas bonuses, occasional raise (which doesn't keep up with inflation), can't sell back CTO anymore, etc. Loyalty/hard work isn't rewarded.
Nice place to work
Perioperative Assistent II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 3, 2016
Preparing for patients coming from surgery and measuring vital signs of patients, make them feel comfortable, helping nurses with the patients and coworkers thru the discharge process.
fast paced, fun, gratifying
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 23, 2016
I love working for this company. Everyone works as a team to take are of the patients. My co-workers and supervisor are awesome, we really work as a team to provide the best care to every patient.
At times the work place did pose challenge
Ambulatory Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 19, 2016
In most recent position I learned to pay close attention to detail.
A typical day at work consist of Nurse Triage,some patient education, and coordinate staff meeting once month.
I am in place were I am ready to leave my current position and transfer to another location with in the system. My co-workers have made it some what difficult to adjust to ambulatory care, however I been there for two years but now it is time for me to leave it time for change.
job review
Clinic Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 18, 2016
great job to have and you must network to move up higher. Hours and shifts can vary a lot. I like my work location and accessibility. I enjoy servicing my patients and making people smile.
Pros
overtime
Cons
float pool
great people to work with
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 15, 2016
the employees are very good people to work with the medical staff in the operating room is very educated and great people to work side by side with
Pros
fun to work there
Great workplace
Operating Room RN (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2016
i would like to work again at Henry Ford Health System. The people are very helpful in the workplace and regards everyone as part of the family. I miss their company when I went for leave.
Culture of Caring
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2016
Henry Ford offers a great work environment, the Clinical Resources staff is very thoughtful and doesn't show a ton a favoritism (which I have seen in other hospital jobs), even between the contingent and regular employees. The hours are flexible because as a contingent employee you schedule yourself. Great as a supplement income & most of the nursing staff is helpful.
Pros
Flexible hours, considerate management
Cons
Late breaks, no benefits
Productive and fun work place
PERIOPERATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2016
Henry Ford Health System is a great place to work. Most of the workers and management have a great attitude. The hardest part about this job would be parking, and taking the shuttle buses.
Great Company
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MINovember 11, 2016
The one thing that stood out for this company was their constant company self promotion. They always made the staff aware of where the company was headed and how it would affect us. A solid company to work for.
Pros
great benefits
Steady job to work.
CCTV operator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 5, 2016
Henry ford is a great place to work. the fact that they give you freedom to travel around to different locations is just awesome. They gove you lots of freedom to work with your schedule.
Great environment and experience
Associate Management Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 3, 2016
The company culture was very warm and inviting. I immediately felt like part of a family. I learned many data analysis techniques and tools, project management skills, and presentation skills.
My co-workers and managers were highly supportive. They guided me on my projects while also giving me autonomy to make personal decisions.
The hardest part of the job was learning and applying the techniques I learned to real life projects in a short amount of time.
The most enjoyable part of this experience was making lasting connections and networks with people while exploring more aspects about the career I want to pursue.
Pros
Great people, good learning experience
Cons
N/A
Everyday is different
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 1, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at the office. Everyday is different. I have learned to think quickly on my feet and some days expect the unexpected. There is rarely a boring day and every day i learn something new.
Corporate Culture was strictly based on who you are.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 31, 2016
The culture was not based on your expertise but on who you know and other things. Outsiders are not very welcomed and they could not accept new concepts in accounting.
It was not a pleasant place to work.
Overall a nice place to work
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  WestOctober 31, 2016
a large healthcare system with a lot of opportunities to explore. diverse staff and patient population
cutting edge research and technology in all fields of medicine
Multi-cultural and a decent place to work
Communication Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48202October 26, 2016
As a Security Communication Center Coordinator, I monitor all alarms, doors, and various areas of Henry Ford Main Campus and off site clinics/hospitals via CCTV cameras.

A typical day requires monitoring all radio transmissions and dispatching Henry Ford Police Officers to security and law enforcement related duties. As a member of the management team, assist upper management in all department policies and procedures. I also create reports and enter data in computer for police reports. I also help manage all lost property that is turned into the department.
Great Stable place to work
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 24, 2016
I love it at Henry Ford Health System, it has such an amazing family feel. The amazing culture makes it a warm and fun environment to work in.
loved this job
Nurse Tech/ Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 21, 2016
Loved taking care of people when they most need someone to help them. It's truly a joy to see the smile you can put on ones face helping them to recover and get well.
Great Job With Activities , Managment and Benefits
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 20, 2016
A Typical Day was Packing Items for Off site and on site deliveries and delivering items to hospital units ,I Learned Gained So much Experience in Stocking , Managing , Organizing & in the Warehouse Associate and I loved My time with Henry Ford.
management was awesome , Business orientated , Friendly , Cared , Fair and Listened to employees
My Co - Workers Were Very Team Orientated and We Got Things Done Quick and on Point they were Kind and Nice as well Very Friendly
The Hardest Time Was Waiting On Late Orders
The Most Enjoyable Part Was all the work was Finished
Pros
Health Care, Good Wage, Life Insurance & Balanced and Good Schedules
Cons
Switched Over There Contract To Cardinal
fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at this job it was fast paced and always something to do to stay busy love working with the patients, and with the doctors. At this job me the doctors and the other employees were more like family than co-workers we help each other to make the day as easy as possible for each other and our patients.
Pros
always learning new things
Cons
a lot of germs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Ford Health System. Our community is ready to answer.