Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine Employee Reviews

Great benefits, everything else variable
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 13, 2017
HJF has the best benefits I've come across, by far. So there is that as a definite perk. However, the potential for advancement and how your lab is managed is entirely dependent on your individual section head. So good luck getting someone who is more than just a scientist, but is also a manager.
Research Coordinator
Research Coordinator for Clinical Trial, BAMC ED (Former Employee) –  Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2015
The review for the Henry M. Jackson Foundation was provided in the previous review. However, I am happy to re-state my duties. I performed all study related duties for the head injury clinical trial, to include patient tracking, recruitment, consent, performing portable EEG and data entry for the study and EEG material. I was taught to perform the EEG and transfer the data to the sponsor. I enjoyed working with all the hospital staff and patients. The difficult part of the job was to solely perform all the duties. The other study participating sites, all civilian trauma centers, had multiple staff to perform the duties. I managed my time well, to include changing my work hours, to accommodate the duties required.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
No cons, I enjoyed this job.
Amazing mission- mediocre leadership
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 9, 2014
Awesome opportunity to support employees and managers doing important work. Work-life balance encouraged and respected. Compensation/benefits package very good. Benefits hard to beat. Management could "talk the talk" but often chose not to "walk the walk" regarding policy issues.
Pros
benefits, mission
Cons
management, leadership
Fantastic Job
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, CODecember 28, 2013
With most government jobs with an out of state HQ, there was some confusion and some miscommunication, but really one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. Very nice benefits and salary (best I have seen yet!) and there were HR reps and supervisors available that were very helpful. Definitely worth it!
Pros
Accrue Vacation and sick time seperately (and quickly!)
Cons
HQ is in Maryland, most employees are in other states. Local management can be horrible
Great Mission
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 22, 2012
HJF is built on a great mission: to take care of all wounded warriors and veterans. It has been an honor working for HJF and the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center.
Pros
working for wounded service members and veterans.
Cons
contract work which can end due to budetary restraints.
Intellectually stimulating place to work with several small projects
Research Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 18, 2012
Nice place to work to experience a career in research. I learned many valuable lab techniques as well as how to conduct good research.

Want to know more about Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine?

Ask a question