Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine Employee Reviews

Research Coordinator
Research Coordinator for Clinical Trial, BAMC ED (Former Employee) –  Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2015
The review for the Henry M. Jackson Foundation was provided in the previous review. However, I am happy to re-state my duties. I performed all study related duties for the head injury clinical trial, to include patient tracking, recruitment, consent, performing portable EEG and data entry for the study and EEG material. I was taught to perform the EEG and transfer the data to the sponsor. I enjoyed working with all the hospital staff and patients. The difficult part of the job was to solely perform all the duties. The other study participating sites, all civilian trauma centers, had multiple staff to perform the duties. I managed my time well, to include changing my work hours, to accommodate the duties required.
Pros
great salary
Cons
no cons, i enjoyed this job.
Amazing mission- mediocre leadership
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 9, 2014
Awesome opportunity to support employees and managers doing important work. Work-life balance encouraged and respected. Compensation/benefits package very good. Benefits hard to beat. Management could "talk the talk" but often chose not to "walk the walk" regarding policy issues.
Pros
benefits, mission
Cons
management, leadership
Fantastic Job
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, CODecember 28, 2013
With most government jobs with an out of state HQ, there was some confusion and some miscommunication, but really one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. Very nice benefits and salary (best I have seen yet!) and there were HR reps and supervisors available that were very helpful. Definitely worth it!
Pros
accrue vacation and sick time seperately (and quickly!)
Cons
hq is in maryland, most employees are in other states. local management can be horrible
Intellectually stimulating place to work with several small projects
Research Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 18, 2012
Nice place to work to experience a career in research. I learned many valuable lab techniques as well as how to conduct good research.