The Henry M. Jackson Foundation is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator for the Deployment Health Research Department (DHRD) at the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) in San Diego, CA. DHRD is conducting longitudinal health outcome studies, utilizing and maintaining various large DoD health databases. In consonance with its mission, research conducted by the DHRD has a direct impact on military health policy concerning today’s operational forces and veterans.
1. Maintain and pre‐process data for analysis and interpretation
2. Ensure proper storage, linkage, and cleaning of collected health data
3. Support the verification of data as it arrives into the department
4. Assist in program design and maintenance of survey instruments alongside research consultants
5. Administer surveys to study participants as directed which include approximately 400,000
6. Assist in the development of strategies to maintain study participant retention, including the
utilization of newsletters, mailers, and other incentives
7. Maintain study subject information, including email and mailing addresses
8. Assist in the development of new surveys and strategies for various programs
9. Establish a validation and QA process for data integrity and security
10. Assist in the development of materials for presentations to sponsors, professional meetings, and
11. Support the maintenance of large health data bases, including updates and weekly backups, and
ensure the verification and security of such databases in compliance with all DoD and HIPAA
12. Maintain updated contact data for multiple contact survey studies which include approximately
13. Scan and verify new survey data as they arrive using TeleForm
14. Conduct large mailings (approximately 400,000 individuals) that include introductory and
reminder postcards, Memorial and Veterans Day postcards along with questionnaire packets
15. Securely maintain e‐mail addresses for study subjects, and use these to send updates
16. Ensure that surveys are administered by study personnel to new Marine accessions at the
Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, on a weekly basis
17. Work with a marketing person to maintain participant retention, which may include the design
and development of newsletters and other mailers and incentives
18. Maintain annual contact with our research subjects which includes acquiring current contact
information, mailing required items, processing returned materials etc.
19. Provide overall support for departmental studies from program design to completion
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must possess and maintain certification to conduct human research such as HIPAA and CITI Training; Abibility to provide oversight and management for DoD human research studies; ensure adequate staffing, funding and adherence to all regulations and policies within the DoD; Assists in the conduct of studies such as setting meetings and deadlines, ensuring IRB requirements are met, and delivering of results to stakeholders; Provides comprehensive planning, direction, leadership and supervision to the staff as well as manages and coordinates grant/proposal and contract needs to meet the department’s goals; Proficient in organizational development and management methodologies; written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; experience with grant/proposal writing for acquisition of research funding from academic, governmental and DoD sources; Must be able to communicate orally and in writing using universal English.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 3‐5 years related experience in scientific program management; Proven experience in managing complex, strategic projects involving large datasets and programs than span organizational boundaries, as well as recruit, mentor, train and promote key team members. Experience in business operations, staff supervision and development, and financial planning, with current and future research activities; Experience working within the Federal Government system as military, civilian or government contractor.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
Please apply on-line at www.hjf.org/careers Click “Advanced Search” and enter job number 207979 in the Job Opening ID box. OR fax your resume to 240-314-7334. Please specify title and job number on fax.
HJF is a nonprofit medical research organization that provides support services to the military medical community and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
For a comprehensive list of our benefits, please visit: http://www.hjf.org/careers/benefits.html
HJF administers innovative medical research, supports education and training, and facilitates collaborations between the military and private medical communities. We provide comprehensive management and scientific services for more than 1,000 basic, clinical and applied research projects conducted around the globe. We also support continuing medical education programs for more than 160 military medical research and treatment facilities, and military medical organizations.