Henry M. Jackson Foundation Employee Reviews

Nice starting job
Clinical Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 28, 2016
Nice place to work, the compensation is low. The mission of the company is fantastic.The benefits are nice and the work life balance is great because they offer a flexible schedule including telecommuting
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No advancement path
Great benefits
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 4, 2017
The company provides great benefits for its employees, including 3 weeks sick leave, 96 hours paid vacation for new hires, and telecommute opportunity.
Productive work environment, great benefits
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 29, 2015
Screening patients for study enrollment. Scheduling appointments, tracking subjects and data collection. Conducting testing for various studies.

I've become increasingly detailed oriented and value the meeting of team work to a higher level. I enjoy my co-workers and my previous manager. The new management has been problematic and it makes the work environment less desirable.
Pros
Provide gifts and awards for years of service with HJF. Good health benefits.
Cons
Would like to have the option to telecommute for our location.
A World of Opportunity
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 8, 2016
Henry M Jackson is a not for profit foundation geared toward medical research mostly done in military facilities. The work we do is satisfying. Knowing that there is a mission and vision behind it. There is so much wealth of information in many departments. Many employees have stayed with the foundation for over 25 years. They can remember the humble beginnings and to now become one of the leading government contractors in the medical research industry. We have expanded into many countries, especially Africa and Asia. The work we do is to benefit many communities and help discover new ways to cure diseases such as HIV and Ebola virus.
I am proud to be part of a great organization.
Good benefits but treated poorly
Research Associate, Molecular Diagnostics (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 30, 2015
I was an employee for 8 years and never told that I would never advance from my research associate position despite others being given the opportunities I was denied.

The benefits were pretty good.
Professional, fun, and a great internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 12, 2016
I was a summer intern and actually given real projects. I had the chance to learn from great industry professionals and was trusted with working on actual projects.
good working environment
Statistical Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 1, 2016
HJF is a good place for working. HJF provides the employees a lot of training opportunities. The boss and co-workers are nice and ready to help.
Productive and fun place to be employed
Supply Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 7, 2013
A place where you work with peers who appreciated the work that you provided. I learned about the HIV virus and Aids. Because of my hard and loyalty with the program I was promoted to management position. My co-workers, be it at the site where I was located or one of the other various sites, (Domestic or International) I was respected for the services that I provided in a professional manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to satisfy my customers and to make sure that they got the services that they deserved.
Pros
Being able to work independently.
Great Organization
Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 6, 2014
I truly enjoyed working for HJF! They have wonderful benefits and treat employees very well. I would still be working for them, if we did not have to relocate for my husband's work.
Pros
Excellent benefits; Great Staff; Exciting Work
Cons
N/A
great workplace environment with great co-workers
Community Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 24, 2015
I Enjoyed working with disabled veterans with traumatic brain injuries. It was an honor to be able to help these servicemen integrate back in to the community.
Pros
Great work environment; good team work from co-workers and communication
Cons
company lost government funding and had to close our unit.
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJanuary 22, 2013
HJF is a great place to work with a positive working environment
benefits
Cons
government contract dependent
Mission driven environment focusing on health care for veterans and their families
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 7, 2014
I spent a considerable portion of my time working at a computer, calling veterans and conducting medical and psychological screening interviews. Occasionally I would also travel to events and make presentations to service members and their families, in order to recruit potential study participants. I learned how to discuss sensitive subject matters with veterans and service members from various backgrounds and military experiences. I also improved my skills utilizing Microsoft Office and statistical modeling programs. Despite being in constant flux regarding the HJF employment contract, the DVBIC research study itself was well managed and strictly adhered to federal regulations and IRB protocols. The team that I worked with was smart and sociable, and we developed a strong sense of camaraderie while still focusing on the mission. The hardest part of this job was not being able to innovate and implement creative solutions to problems, since a specific kind of business/operational model was preferred. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to connect with service members and veterans, and help them with their health care issues/needs.
Fun place to work
Clinical Research Nurse/Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 19, 2012
Detailing of research protocols. Had fun coworkers, getting there due to traffic. It was a fun job to do.
Pros
safe place to work
Cons
it is federally funded research grant
Great employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 24, 2013
Good place to work. Good people to work with. Great long-term

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry M. Jackson Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3