Henry M. Jackson Foundation

Henry M. Jackson Foundation Employee Reviews

Productive work environment, great benefits
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDJune 29, 2015
Pros: Provide gifts and awards for years of service with HJF. Good health benefits.
Cons: Would like to have the option to telecommute for our location.
Screening patients for study enrollment. Scheduling appointments, tracking subjects and data collection. Conducting testing for various studies.

I've become increasingly detailed oriented and value the meeting of team work to a higher level. I enjoy my co-workers and my previous manager. The new management has been problematic and it makes the work environment less desirable.
Mission driven environment focusing on health care for veterans and their families
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 7, 2014
I spent a considerable portion of my time working at a computer, calling veterans and conducting medical and psychological screening interviews. Occasionally I would also travel to events and make presentations to service members and their families, in order to recruit potential study participants. I learned how to discuss sensitive subject matters with veterans and service members from various backgrounds – more... and military experiences. I also improved my skills utilizing Microsoft Office and statistical modeling programs. Despite being in constant flux regarding the HJF employment contract, the DVBIC research study itself was well managed and strictly adhered to federal regulations and IRB protocols. The team that I worked with was smart and sociable, and we developed a strong sense of camaraderie while still focusing on the mission. The hardest part of this job was not being able to innovate and implement creative solutions to problems, since a specific kind of business/operational model was preferred. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to connect with service members and veterans, and help them with their health care issues/needs. – less
Great Organization
Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits; great staff; exciting work
Cons: n/a
I truly enjoyed working for HJF! They have wonderful benefits and treat employees very well. I would still be working for them, if we did not have to relocate for my husband's work.
Productive and fun place to be employed
Supply Operations Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 7, 2013
Pros: being able to work independently.
A place where you work with peers who appreciated the work that you provided. I learned about the HIV virus and Aids. Because of my hard and loyalty with the program I was promoted to management position. My co-workers, be it at the site where I was located or one of the other various sites, (Domestic or International) I was respected for the services that I provided in a professional manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to satisfy my customers and to make sure that they got the services that they deserved.
Great employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 24, 2013
Good place to work. Good people to work with. Great long-term
Research Scientist (Current Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: government contract dependent
HJF is a great place to work with a positive working environment