HENRY MAYO NEWHALL MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Great Environment to work.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAJune 22, 2017
Great Company to work for enjoyed the coworker and the flexible schedule since i was per diem i worked four times month to fit my full time employment some where else.
great
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAJune 6, 2017
Good job fast paste lot of work to do always on the move ur never not busy managers are great pay is well decent food is decent good benefits reasonable hours
good
Cons
healthcare is ok
Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 27, 2017
I performed several functions at Henry Mayo. This hospital is continuously expanding and allows room for change, advancement and exploration. I did 2 years in the ICU which functioned professionally and demonstrated teamwork. I then moved onto program development which was a learning opportunity in many ways for my career. I feel leadership is professional and fair. The job was enjoyable, therefore no real hard part of the job. What I enjoyed most was the continued learning and collaboration among team members.
Pros
Supportive team members and leadership
fun place
General Clerk/Admitting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 10, 2017
Great place to work with great opportunities and room for growth always. You will not be disappointment when applying. All staff is great and fun to work with.
Could have been better
Tech/Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 12, 2016
Coworkers make the job enjoyable. If you love working at a hospital you will overlook all the bad stuff. But of course its like that with everything. All about your perspective. Good hospital to work at but you can make more elsewhere
Mismanaged Clinical Laboratory Department
Former Lab staff (Former Employee) –  Clinical Laboratory- Basement, Main HospitalSeptember 1, 2016
Laboratory staff is under trained and overworked. Management practices blatant favoritism and discrimination.Laboratory staff members who are non whites are generally treated unfairly and not given fair opportunity for career advancement and promotions versus their white counterparts and/or other employees who decide to support the management regardless they agree or not for job security. Management shows no loyalty to hardworking and loyal employees but expect too much from employees. Employees who disagrees with the management is subjected to retaliation of various types.
Pros
Hardworking regular staff
Cons
Favoritism and discrimination.
Great staff
Registered Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 6, 2016
Love this job and the people I work with. great doctors
High pace environment but the day goes by quick! Team environment with pretty good benefits
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Hectic at times
Nursing Student
4th Semester Clinical: Medical-Surgical, DOU, ICU (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 25, 2015
I did many of my nursing school clinical rotations at Henry Mayo. It is a beautiful, well-run hospital with excellent staff. I enjoyed my time as a student there.
Pros
Great cafeteria!
very nice place to work
RN Clinical Nurse, Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 20, 2015
my typical day start very busy receiving report from out going nurse, reviewing patients information, meet and assess my patients. Give report to the CNA, then plan my day according to my patient's needs. I have learn to always prioritize my day and work hard toward achieving my goals for the day.
very good place to start a career
Lab Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAAugust 19, 2015
very good place to work at time very busy and other times you need to find things to do they are very good to work for and is a very good place to start a career
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
can be very busy or very slow
Can manage stress level
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse/ LPS designee (Current Employee) –  HENRY MAYO NEWHALL MEMORIAL HOSPITALAugust 13, 2015
Night shift great ,everyday learned experiences . Management take care of the staff. Teamworking approach. Hardest part of the job when 4-5 patients acting out with emergency calls to the md for Im's. Enjoyable when working with positive people.
fun job
Lab Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAAugust 7, 2015
very high pace job always on the run also a new thing the only bad thing was weekends and holidays working with young kids so I wanted a job with no weekends and holidays
Pros
always on the go
Cons
never the samething
Nice Hospital
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at the hospital. I actually was contracted in by a company called Sodexo. Sodexo had the worst management team I have ever worked for. It's not their fault. They aren't trained by the company. The company just hires a mish mosh of managers with different styles and hopes it works out. They need to work on their organization and training.
Pros
Free Tea, Hospital treats employees well (Even contracted ones)
Cons
Sodexo-Bad Management
Good place to work if you are interested a career in the medical field, lots to learn.
Medical Biller/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CaJune 12, 2015
Day starts with checking for any last minute surgeries added to schedule, made sure doctor had any and all equipment needed for the procedure. Collect all files in prep for billing. Schedule upcoming surgeries, contact contracted companies for special equipment needed for future surgeries. Management and staff work well together to complete tasks. Hardest part was making sure that doctors schedules did not overlap. Most enjoyable was learning about the body and how it works via the doctors.
Pros
Positive work enviornment, helping people
Cons
Can be very fast paced and stressful
Rewarding above all
LVN (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CaliforniaApril 7, 2015
Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital is a great place to work. Caring for patients and sub consequently to their families, is very rewarding. Working with great doctors as we follow their orders and working with our co-workers on a daily basis from the basics of caring for a patient to complex as saving a patient's life can be very overwhelming at times however it is an honor to have a job like this.
Pros
Rewarding to work with patients as they are at their worse.
Cons
Overwhelming as the job can be so complex.
Community based hospital providing exemplary care to the community of SCV
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMarch 5, 2015
HMNMH is a forward looking community based hospital. The leadership and vision for the hospital mission are exemplary.
Pros
Community based
Cons
Short breaks
constant work flow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 16, 2014
The work place is very proffessional with a constant work flow. Patients are in and out all day there is consistancy in all aspects of my job duties including collection of copay's when updating patients accounts changes as far billing adresses and emergency contacts.
Productive and fast past working environment
Medication Collection Technician (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 1, 2014
A typical day at my work, is interviewing the patient ,so I can get all the medication they are taking, there allergies and the pharmacy they prefer. After doing this,I input the information in the computer, while doing this, I make sure the dosage is not to much, so the patient will not get overdose. Then I put everything in accurately before the doctor gets to the profile, so he/she can decided what medications he should give the patient, for their treatment, at our facility. I work in the emergency room, so I learned to have thick skin, stay focused, and move fast because the patients there are very sick and some pass away. I have to stay on track for the patients. The hardest part of the job, is to remain calm and don't get emotionally when you see the patients family crying, when there love ones pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job, is when I get all the medication inputted in the computer and emulated, in a timely manner, for the doctors. Then patient can get cared for and be able to go home feeling better. Another enjoyable part of my job, is when my co-workers and I work together and get the job done smoothly.
Pros
I am able to scan my badge to eat, and it comes out of my check, if I don't have time to get my purse out of my locker.
Cons
Health Care
Great place to work at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 27, 2014
I get alot of exerience floating to different floors, the staff is great to work with, we alway help each other when one is falling behide schedule.
Pros
floating to different units
Cons
never staffed properly.
Laborarory Management
Pathology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 24, 2014
Management of Pathology Department. Assist on biopsy collection.