Henry Schein Animal Health Employee Reviews in United States

productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 5, 2016
fast pace environment typical day on the job be prepared to work cause its always busy learned to work as a team to get job done.. hardest part of job no enough workers... but when we work together we get the job done reguradless..most enjoyable part
Pros
easy to get too
Cons
need more help
No opportunity for growth
Currently a warehouse team lead (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 15, 2015
I am currently seeking a full time position in another growing company due to no opportunity for growth. I have been in shipping and receiving for 4 years at my current work place and there are no management jobs opening unless you are willing to transfer.

Management has not held team members accountable for ongoing issues and I find myself constantly fixing things and not teaching others how to learn.

The most enjoyable part of my day is assisting others with inventory control and TRACK AND TRACE items as they come into our warehouse. I continue to learn from our OPERATIONS MANAGER.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No accountability, no room for growth, machines are constantly in need of repair
Worst place in the world to be now.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 6, 2016
You are put down at times by the management team. You will often hear from management that it is not their job to learn to do what regular employees have to do, that they just have to make sure it gets done. They are rude and disrespectful. You don't get paid enough for all the work you do. They will make people work multiple departments at one time and be completely overwhelmed with work. People have walked out because of the disrespect, rudeness, and lack of leadership from the management. Things were better with the old structure it used to have. The company changed the leadership structure and put way too many bosses in the building and now no one knows who to report to. There is too much favoritism. Rules are bent constantly. Regular associates are left to do team lead and management duties without the title or pay. I used to love going to work every day. Now, I dread going in. The hardest part of my job is clocking in to begin the day now with how they treat everybody. They make people not want to be there at all. I never met the CEO, but I heard that he is a great person. But, the management at the branch I work at is just awful with the exception of one. The one that is great has been there for years. The rest of the management team has started within the past 9 months and they have made it a horrible place to be. The manager that used to run the building was great until she was demoted for no reason and then she transferred to her original branch because of what the company did to her.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Bad management, Disrespect, Favoritism, No Leadership, Not enough pay for amount of work, no incentives, put downs.
General accounting
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dublin OhioAugust 15, 2014
Day to day general accounting duties. Including adjusting entries, reconciliations, P&L and balance sheet review and research.
Pros
health benefits and 401k
Cons
working holidays and weekends during closing
Branch possibly shutting down
Controlled Substance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2015
No Branch Manager. Don't know how long the Branch will be open. Work is not hard. Easy to catch on to the job. Use Rf Scanning gun to pull orders. Put in orders for Vets to be pulled for the day. Load truck at end of night.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch. Work not hard
Cons
Health Insurance. Uncertain about Branch staying open
good job if you do not like change
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PADecember 22, 2014
A typical day at this job consists of nothing but scanning barcodes and putting items in boxes. Not much room for advancement. Management shows favoritism. Overtime is required and most days it is a 10-12 hour day. Hardest part of the job is trying to stay focused in a repetitive setting. Most enjoyable part is sitting down on lunch with everyone and having conversations.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
hours aren't stable, lots of overtime lately
Hardworking team members who work to meet our business needs and those of our customers
Inside Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoy my day of managing my team of inside business development reps; Motivating, monitoring their performance and providing feedback to drive their sales effectiveness, efficiency, and customer service with our customers.

Being new to the animal health industry, I have learned a lot about the many different products and services that we offer; in addition to the distribution industry.

My director and other executives are very approachable, take responsive action when issues arise to meet the needs of the business and our customers. Delegate responsibilities to myself, my team, and other departments to drive the initiative.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my representatives be successful in their positions...whether they are exceeding our inside sales goals, or when they transition into becoming outside sales representatives and knowing that I played a role in their success. That is what I find most fulfilling.
corporate company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 22, 2015
This is the first company that I have worked for that is considered corporate and not small business. Not a terrible place to work if that is what you are used to. Management seems to only look out for themselves and not the "little people".
Productive and secure place to work
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, IllinoisMay 19, 2015
Fast paced environment
Constantly moving and changing
I managed 4 departments
the most enjoyable part of my job is solving day to day problems and working with people
not a good place
Picker (Current Employee) –  Lexington KyNovember 18, 2014
They will work you down to the ground with little pay and respect and the management is unorganized and mistreats the employees and takes advantage of them. Gossip is extremely bad especially in management. This is not a professional environment.
Pros
environmental controlled warehouse
Cons
low pay, lots of suprise overtime.
Not a place for high career goals
Werehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2014
Normally 12 hour days
All aspects of a medical supply distribution
Management is somewhat lacking
The other associates are nice and agreeable
The revolving door of employees
The paychecks and benefit package are adequate
solid company, growing rapidly
Manager, Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 11, 2015
This is a good company which expects all associates to perform at 100% potential at all times. The workload is heavy but performance is recognized..
Henry Schein Animal Health.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 26, 2014
• Process veterinary supplies.
• Perform receiving and stocking on veterinary equipment and supplies.
• Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for related processes.
• Assist and perform internal distribution of incoming veterinary supplies.
• Update inventory records in the database.
• Review packing slips for necessary data.
• Record inventory adjustments and entries.
Pros
nice employers, health care
Cons
pay
Secure and comfortable
Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 20, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Henry Schein
Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJuly 30, 2013
Maybe a fortune 500 CO. but certainly not the best company I have worked for.
Pros
customer driven, corporate environment, fortune 500 co.
Cons
low pay, unprofessional management, very sales focused.
Great Company to work for
Butler-Schein (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAApril 23, 2014
The relationships I had with all other Branch Managers were top notch. We all took care of each other, vs. compete with each other.

Sales force were also an awesome group to work with.

Henry Schein Inc. is a wonderful company to work for, period.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
warehouse system is very outdated compared to the groth of the company
Company with great people and culture
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Focused on getting the job done right; small perks such as Employee Appreciation Week help relax during challenging times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein Animal Health. Our community is ready to answer.