Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Henry Schein is a good company to work for. Compensation is a little lower than some other similar companies but benefits are pretty good. Insurance is not as inexpensive as a few years ago due to the changes in national insurance policies, but salary has not increased to account for this additional expense. Company culture is ok, very sales oriented in nature. Operations team is sometimes overlooked as to their importance.
Pros
A lot of good people worrk for this company
Cons
Compensation lower than average
Wonderful People, Good Culture
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTDecember 8, 2016
Working here for two years I do not hesitate to commend the people inside the company. They are smart, good and wonderful to work with. the internal culture is a "safe" one. Once hired, it is rare that they fire someone, nor have layoffs. Henry Schein is a fortune 500 company that has outpaced Berkshire Hathaway in profitable growth for the past 10+ years. They meet or exceed their WS numbers every quarter.
Pros
Culture, people, work-life balance.
Cons
can't say
Typical Big Corporate Company
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 5, 2016
Typical day at Zahn Dental consists of involvement in numerous projects and the ability to multitask. Problem solving a must have skill.
Management positions are given to people with no management skills.
Co-workers are great to work with and help each other
Hardest part of my day was trying to complete tasks because of the unrealistic expectations from management.
I enjoyed helping customers, traveling
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
No communication from management. Some employees are given top positions that have no experience.
Had potential
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WINovember 27, 2016
At first things seem to have potential of being great place to work but after time passed I began to notice its very unorganized, lots of favoritism, and unwelcoming.

Benefits are AMAZING however pay for the work you do is average believe they could and need pay more for thei employees. I dont feel they appreciated the employees as much as they could have. Management does need help due to favorites and also not having your back on situations.
A good company
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 21, 2016
While it is unfortunate that my position was eliminated after 17 months, I was treated fairly and with great respect and offered another, (lesser), position, which mitigates a lot of the stress that comes with losing a job... namely I still have a paycheck and insurance and retirement savings.

My immediate management has been competent and caring about their employees.

Right now the corporate vision and tactics are a little up in the air, but over the years they have demonstrated proven leadership in their market space and I think are a good bet to work for.
Pros
Work/Life balance, preeminence in the marketplace
Cons
Corporate management insecurity, people losing their jobs
A good culture for work/life balance
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Walker, MINovember 3, 2016
I enjoy working for my direct supervisors and feel they have their direct reports' best interests in mind.
My position was eliminated as part of a financial restructuring and instead of booting me outright, they provided me a lesser position until either they can find me the right fit within the organization or I find the right fit outside of the organization, which I feel was the fairest, most decent way to handle a bad situation.
Pros
Culture, Size of Company, Market Share
Cons
Constant Restructuring, Antiquated Operating Systems
Company was awesome but has changed for the worse in the last few years
Director of Corporate Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 9, 2016
Henry Schein was a great place to work as they had a great culture and put the team first and treated the people really well. unfortunately in recent years it has changed and has become all about the next quarters numbers and less about the people and the long term success.
Great environment for learning and growing
Digital Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Working at Henry Schein was a great experience. The interaction with professionals and Doctors was invaluable. The culture is very positive, and the company has a long history of success. Work/life balance is important to upper management, which leads to good flexibility and generous PTO.
Very nice and clean
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleJanuary 18, 2017
I truly have enjoyed my years there..Great company..in this job as production we pick the orders and pack to ship..We must not have errors..we go around in a cart with a voice order..we do lines to meet our quote per day..
Pros
They treat workers as family
Cons
Attendents is important for this job and errors must be little..
they expected you to work overtime with little to no notice.
Freezer stocker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 13, 2016
Management kept changing,
new managers were inexperienced and could not keep to the work schedule they put out . This caused a lot of turnover of personell without enough training.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
you never knew if you would have to work overtime or how long.

Want to know more about Henry Schein?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 19, 2017
Henry Schein, is a great employer. There is a lot of different opportunities job wise that people can move into. I wish there were more openings in the Reno, Nevada area for positions I would be interested in.
Pros
Good wages and Schedules
Cons
Progression
Good benefits
Marketing Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 24, 2016
As the Print/Web Production Supervisor for the past 8 years has demonstrated what it takes to be a part of hard-working team that always had the company's best interest come first. Problem solving and communication was key in order to meet the Production Schedule 100% with 0 error.
amazing company. only writing because this website is making me and i dont' want to fill this out.
Medical, Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialDecember 22, 2016
amazing company. only writing because this website is making me and i don't' want to fill this out. Dont understand why this is a requirement to post a resume
Depends on your market
Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 26, 2016
The success of you and your business seriously depends on the market you are in. Took over a position in a negative market share. Grew my total sales significantly compared to the previous three employees in the same territory. Management has some unreal expectations about what can be achieved in the area.
Love the job hate the people
Material Handler/ receiver / trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2016
My experience with this job was really good, I love the job itself but the management was horrible and very unprofessional. Benefits are amazing but the pay and yearly raises could be better
Cons
Unprofessional management
Great company to work for,
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 29, 2016
Henry Schein, Inc. overall is a great company to work for. However, when they are ready to terminate you, they will find every reason that benefits them to do so.
Pros
Great culture/people
Cons
High healthcare costs/Low wages for such a profitable corporation
Must like to travel Door to Door
Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 30, 2016
A typical day for a FSC at Henry Schein Dental would be to call on 15-20 assigned offices. You typically see every office within a two week span. The hours are usually from 8AM-5PM. At Henry Schein I learned how to plan, organize and implement effective strategies using all company programs, tools and initiatives to increase market share in Merchandise, Equipment, Technology and Service.I also have maintained professional and consistent communication with my Regional Manager on a weekly basis. He has helped me a great deal in my two years with Henry Schein by showing me what activities to perform with certain customers. The hardest part of the job I would say is trying to discover/win new business. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the leisure of not having a set in stone schedule every day outside of appointments with doctors.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 18, 2017
I worked at Henry Schein for 5 Months as a temp. The people are really nice and its really laid back, they will treach you new things (if you wanted to). you would work Monday-Friday and work some Saturdays
Pros
Good Pay
Time, not effort, valued
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 17, 2017
This is a time based environment where tenure is rewarded over accomplishment. Great learning environment, just not the place you will be rewarded.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
lack of work life balance
Its a Great place to work
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC 29607January 9, 2017
Great Company to work for very family oriented..Henry Schein really care about their employees. Co-workers are like family and I love the open door policy with management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein. Our community is ready to answer.