Henry Schein

Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Horrible experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 6, 2015
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The managers treat you like dirt. The compensation plan is designed in a way so you have no clue how much you will be getting or even if its fair. The more you sell doesn't mean your compensation will be going up. special order items are un-orderable since the "specialist" doesn't have a clue on how you are suppose to fill out the paperwork. If you are lucky enough to place an order it take several weeks of going back and forth between the doctor and the "specialist". Half the time the doctor gets too irritated at the time it takes and cancels. System is setup in a way that makes it difficult to search for items.
extremely underpaid. you will regret working here!!!!!!
Pros
medical demos
Cons
too many to list, but they include: micro managed, no support, managers make you feel like you are less then human, unfair and untrackable commission plan.
Productive and Fun place to work
Dental Software Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day at work is taking incoming calls, trouble shooting error messages, and installing our software by remoting into the computer.
I have learned its important how you say things to anybody.
The management is great.
My co-workers are great. we help each other, and encourage each other.
The hardest part of the job would be that call that you have tried Trouble shooting everything you know to try, to no avail. At that point we have to get another tech involved. but its a good way to learn for the next time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a customer that is paniced and needs your help to resolve this issue fast because they have patients waiting , and you resolve it in a timley manner! They are so thankful. That makes my day. Its a feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Recession-resistant industry, stable company
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioMay 12, 2015
Recession-resistant industry, stable company

People are approachable, each day is different

Opportunities to 'prove' yourself, but needs to be on your own time

Co-workers are easy to get along with since every one is so busy they don't have time for BS.

Hardest part of the job is accepting: many late late nights, never be "caught up", you wear more "hats" than a professional baseball team, etc.

I enjoy the opportunity to learn a diverse system within the largest animal health distribution company. It's a very interesting field.
Pros
Management does their best to work with you and your home life
Cons
Management is restricted from personnel hiring/advancement by executive leadership
EST in the Mid-Michigan Area
CIT III / EST (Former Employee) –  Lansing MISeptember 13, 2013
This company has a great balance of being a large corporation, and taking care of its employees. I was given every opportunity to advance in my technical field as long as I kept showing progress. Make no mistake that this is a LARGE corporation that will let you go if you are a slacker, but if you have a decent work ethic and you want to be successful the sky is the limit. I had to relocate and there was no room for me in the area I wanted to move to. The skills and business acumen that I learned at Henry Schein have made me even more successful since leaving the company. If you are considering working for this company JUST DO IT!
Pros
training, co-workers, benifits
Cons
large corporate climate, too many managers
wonderful company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 18, 2015
the past many years with Henry Schein have been nothing but positive experiences. If this company had a position for me in the area I am relocating too, I would definitely take it. The training is top notch and they have continuning education annually to strengthen and enhance sales and management skills. Although a very large organization it still has a small company feel. They appreciate and encourage feedback of all team schein members. We function as a team - and work together well with all team mates. Management is easily accessible. When you work for the #1 company nothing is really that hard - you are well known and you represent the best products in the industry! The most enjoyable part of my job has been working with such a wonderful team that is extremely innovative!
They don't walk the walk
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 18, 2013
Lots of talk about "Team Schein". It's mostly just that....talk. Employees and mid level management are expected to be grateful to work for such a "fantastic" company while ignoring the fact that they are under paid. The company is so cheap, most departments have a hard time getting adequate office supplies and the company seems reluctant to give sales people adequate commissions on huge sales dollars. Corporate headquarters are in New York. All the really intelligent people work there. Everyone else is treated as a second class citizen or less intelligent because they don't have the New York mentality.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
low pay, high expectations and little appreciation for anyone outside corporate headquarters
Henry Schein was an excellent experience and opportunity. Management was professional, friendly and encouraging. Was a privilege to work with them
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 15, 2013
It was a fast paced environment and I relied on my past employment experience to get the tasks, at hand, done. If I had questions or needed direction from co-workers; everyone was very helpful. My skills were enhanced during my employment with Henry Schein and I will always consider it to have been a wonderful opportunity. The hardest part of the job .. was leaving when my assignment was complete. The most enjoyable part was making the acquaintance and working along side an outstanding team. I will miss them and wish each; much success.
Pros
excellent staff; always willing to extend themselves.
Cons
there were no cons
MicroMD
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 13, 2013
EMR sales for this company is a dead end. Management is horrible. Company does not provide training nor do they provide any career advancement. Turn over is very high due to this. Some of the staff are very nice people that are just stuck in this place. Pay check is secured due to Henry Schein as parent company and benefits are very good but but sales for the EMR side hve been down and hardly ever meets monthly target. Current Sales Director/Manager is not in a position well suited for individual. Several very good employees have left this company due to the individual's management style or lack of it. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers. What is left of the upper management is not positive.
Poor place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 9, 2014
I worked for this organization for a little over two years before I gladly left the company . I worked as a warehouse operator in Atlanta and Richmond Virginia. I must say it was my worst experience working for any organization. The management is poor and lack concern for their employees. They work their employees with little gratitude for their efforts. They are very disrespectful to employees that they do not like. The company has benefits but one can hardly afford to have them due to the low pay the warehouse associates make. If you like the good boy policy then maybe one can survive working for the organization. If one can tolerate the abuse the management presents to its employees then I say have at it. Good luck to anyone who works for them.
A Great Technical Support Company
eServices Tech II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 24, 2015
I worked as a tech II specialist with this company, and I believe that it was one of the most enjoyable employment experiences I've had the pleasure of having. Management was effective, personable, and actually listened to their employees. The pay was competitive, with raises for every promotion. The job itself was intensive, requiring constant up-training, but was also rewarding. If I were to relocate back to the Greenville, Sc area, I would definitely consider going back to work for them.
Pros
Catered meals, Team Building exercises, Holiday Pay, Yearly bonuses, Promotion from Within
Cons
Short window to apply for Insurance Benefits.

Want to know more about Henry Schein?

Ask a question
A professional yet caring work environment.
eServices Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 28, 2015
Henry Schein is a company that's going places. It is a fast paced medical and dental service provider that offers employees the chance at both upward and lateral mobility, as well as working with us to ensure that we have the most positive environment in which to do our work.
Pros
Catering, plentiful breaks, Casual Fridays, Clear promotion from within
Cons
Rigorous monitoring of aux times, pay I believe is under par with the rest of the nation for tech support, weird pointing system for absences as if we were children in school.
Fast Paced and Productive work environment
Summer Analyst, Corporate Business Development (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 15, 2015
• Prepared spreadsheets and presentations for the business development group and executive board

• Created preliminary research reports of potential acquisition targets and joint venture partners

• Project Hawkeye

– Served as lead coordinator, reporting to the Executive VP and CSO, regarding integration meetings for a joint venture
– Prepared daily status updates and bi-weekly presentations for executive board focusing on progress and integration timetable

• Project Daytime

– Created a database of historical company acquisitions highlighting key financial and operating metrics
– Maintained a record of closed, stalled, and ongoing deals
– Created reports of past transactions relevant to ongoing and potential deals to show historical success
HENRY SCHEIN ANIMAL HEALTH
Sales (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYAugust 21, 2013
The worst manager that I ever had. It amazes me that having awful interpersonal skills can allow people to become managers. I was also poorly compensated for all of the work that I was responsible for on a Daily basis. I found it very unprofessional that I and other employees were talked down to like children when I was suppose to be working for a fortune 500 company.
Pros
fortune 500 company, great if your in medical/pharmaceutical industry
Cons
horrible management in this office, low salary as compared to competitors, boring industry
Henry Schein
DW Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 28, 2013
Henry Schein, Inc. is the largest distributor of healthcare products and services to office-based practitioners in the combined North American and European markets. Customers include dental practices and laboratories, physician practices, and veterinary clinics, as well as government and other institutions. Worked on PRS-CMS project in gathering and developing Requirements, interact with users for business rules and requirements collection, conducted feasibility analysis, transform business to functional requirements, document them and prepared the Analysis and Design Documents, Both BRD’s and FRD’s are developed, which are used to develop the system.
fun and outgoing work environment
picker (Former Employee) –  indianapolis indianaJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day of work consists of coming in an picking orders for hospitals. What I learned was having time and patience for others merchandise. The management made me feel comfortable they made sure that they took time out of there day to speak to every employee each and everyday and It made me feel comfortable. My co workers made me strive to be a better picker. The hardest part was avoiding other pickers that came around me. The mose enjoyable part was that i was eager to work it was not a job for me because I felt comfotable each and everyday.
Pros
two brakes
Cons
other pickers
No room for advancement. Only dead ends!
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Grapevine,TXNovember 5, 2012
Management is backstabbing. They have a crew who get all the perks and a crew who gets scraps.

Don't really consider punch the clock employees as front runners.

People meaning hourly are usually bonded close but, the management team kind of doggie dog.

Try to boost moral with free JUNK. Don't work here with long term career aspirations unless you are a college grad.
Company that strives itself to have the correct culture and core values to succeed
Tax Associate at Henry Schein (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 16, 2013
Currently I am interning in a tax department at Henry Schein. I have learned only from the best group of people that I work with and could not have asked for a better place to start off my young career. I have learned how to be maintain the upmost professionalism at work while also being sure to keep social interactions and the relationships just as important as work.
Great environment and workspace.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 23, 2012
Henry Schein a great company to work for. If your in college or HS they are very flexible with schedules. Typical Hr is 7am-330pm or 11am-730pm pt 7am-11am or 4pm-730pm.

Co-workers are helpful, and easy going.

About 100 people work at this warehouse.
Pros
free lunch's, free yearly picnic or other events, involved with the community
Cons
2 short breaks15mins, short lunch 30mins
Good Job
Support Tech (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UtahJune 17, 2014
If you get on, the benefits are great, you definitely want to move up, or around, or find a position that plays into your strengths and capabilities when you get on. The hours weren't exactly what I wanted, but it was workable to things I wanted to do outside of work.

Best benefits of any job I've had, so far.
Pros
hour lunch, lots of company events
Great place to work at
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 19, 2014
This is a great company and great place to work at. However, culture and standards differ drastically from department to department. It is relatively a laid-back environment and you aren't too challenged. While I am confident in my job security- I do not see much advancement in the horizon. Everyone who works here, stays here forever,
Pros
location, laid back, not too demanding
Cons
no advancement opportunities