Henry Schein

Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Well balanced company to work for.
Technical Support (Former Employee), American Fork, UTJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good people, fun environment, food is brought to you.
Cons: I paid a lot for insurance.
This company was well balanced it was fun and challenging work environment. They bring lunch to the office from restaurants around the area so you don't have to leave the office. They have work parties and try to make it as fun as possible.
Fast Paced and Productive work environment
Summer Analyst, Corporate Business Development (Former Employee), Melville, NYJune 15, 2015
• Prepared spreadsheets and presentations for the business development group and executive board

• Created preliminary research reports of potential acquisition targets and joint venture partners

• Project Hawkeye

– Served as lead coordinator, reporting to the Executive VP and CSO, regarding integration meetings for a joint venture
– Prepared daily status updates and bi-weekly presentations for executive board focusing on progress and integration timetable

• Project Daytime

– Created a database of historical company acquisitions highlighting key financial and operating metrics
– Maintained a record of closed, stalled, and ongoing deals
– Created reports of past transactions relevant to ongoing and potential deals to show historical success
Recession-resistant industry, stable company
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioMay 12, 2015
Pros: Management does their best to work with you and your home life
Cons: Management is restricted from personnel hiring/advancement by executive leadership
Recession-resistant industry, stable company

People are approachable, each day is different

Opportunities to 'prove' yourself, but needs to be on your own time

Co-workers are easy to get along with since every one is so busy they don't have time for BS.

Hardest part of the job is accepting: many late late nights, never be "caught up", you wear more "hats" than a professional baseball team, etc.

I enjoy the opportunity to learn a diverse system within the largest animal health distribution company. It's a very interesting field.
A professional yet caring work environment.
eServices Tech II (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 28, 2015
Pros: Catering, plentiful breaks, Casual Fridays, Clear promotion from within
Cons: Rigorous monitoring of aux times, pay I believe is under par with the rest of the nation for tech support, weird pointing system for absences as if we were children in school.
Henry Schein is a company that's going places. It is a fast paced medical and dental service provider that offers employees the chance at both upward and lateral mobility, as well as working with us to ensure that we have the most positive environment in which to do our work.
Productive and Fun place to work
Dental Software Support Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 10, 2015
This is a good company to work for. They care about us. it is a very good environment to work in. The people are wonderful. The co- workers are very helpful, good people.
Call Center
Enterprise Application Support Engineer III (Current Employee), American Fork, UTFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: they have a cafe you can buy discount food and beverages at
Cons: insurance sucks
Its a call center but they don't tell you that, you get 30 minutes a day for breaks. Its all inbound calls and management is very strict about your times because its a call center.
Productive and Fun place to work
Dental Software Support Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is taking incoming calls, trouble shooting error messages, and installing our software by remoting into the computer.
I have learned its important how you say things to anybody.
The management is great.
My co-workers are great. we help each other, and encourage each other.
The hardest part of the job would be that call that you have tried Trouble shooting everything you know to try, to no avail. At that point we have to get another tech involved. but its a good way to learn for the next time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a customer that is paniced and needs your help to resolve this issue fast because they have patients waiting , and you resolve it in a timley manner! They are so thankful. That makes my day. Its a feeling of accomplishment.
fun and outgoing work environment
picker (Former Employee), indianapolis indianaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: two brakes
Cons: other pickers
A typical day of work consists of coming in an picking orders for hospitals. What I learned was having time and patience for others merchandise. The management made me feel comfortable they made sure that they took time out of there day to speak to every employee each and everyday and It made me feel comfortable. My co workers made me strive to be a better picker. The hardest part was avoiding other pickers that came around me. The mose enjoyable part was that i was eager to work it was not a job for me because I felt comfotable each and everyday.
wonderful company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee), New YorkJanuary 18, 2015
the past many years with Henry Schein have been nothing but positive experiences. If this company had a position for me in the area I am relocating too, I would definitely take it. The training is top notch and they have continuning education annually to strengthen and enhance sales and management skills. Although a very large organization it still has a small company feel. They appreciate and encourage feedback of all team schein members. We function as a team - and work together well with all team mates. Management is easily accessible. When you work for the #1 company nothing is really that hard - you are well known and you represent the best products in the industry! The most enjoyable part of my job has been working with such a wonderful team that is extremely innovative!
Horrible experience
Sales (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: medical demos
Cons: too many to list, but they include: micro managed, no support, managers make you feel like you are less then human, unfair and untrackable commission plan.
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The managers treat you like dirt. The compensation plan is designed in a way so you have no clue how much you will be getting or even if its fair. The more you sell doesn't mean your compensation will be going up. special order items are un-orderable since the "specialist" doesn't have a clue on how you are suppose to fill out the paperwork. If you are lucky enough to place an order it take several weeks of going back and forth between the doctor and the "specialist". Half the time the doctor gets too irritated at the time it takes and cancels. System is setup in a way that makes it difficult to search for items.
extremely underpaid. you will regret working here!!!!!!
Great Opportunity
Project Manager (Current Employee), Melville, NYNovember 14, 2014
Great opportunity, good culture, great people to work with. The company's growth and success are excellent.
O.T MULTI SERVICE
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee), MOONACHE ,NJAugust 25, 2014
It was a great enviorment provided customers with money transfer,copies,calling cards,fax and other office services.
Great place to work at
Specialist (Current Employee), Melville, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: location, laid back, not too demanding
Cons: no advancement opportunities
This is a great company and great place to work at. However, culture and standards differ drastically from department to department. It is relatively a laid-back environment and you aren't too challenged. While I am confident in my job security- I do not see much advancement in the horizon. Everyone who works here, stays here forever,
Pleasant working environment with friendly people
Treasury Analyst - Long Term Intern (Former Employee), NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: friendly working environment with approachable and friendly managers
Cons: a lot of work loads
The company has a good working environment with friendly people. Very cooperative and competent people around and within. I enjoyed working in this company. However, workload could vary depending on the position you are in.
Poor place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 9, 2014
I worked for this organization for a little over two years before I gladly left the company . I worked as a warehouse operator in Atlanta and Richmond Virginia. I must say it was my worst experience working for any organization. The management is poor and lack concern for their employees. They work their employees with little gratitude for their efforts. They are very disrespectful to employees that they do not like. The company has benefits but one can hardly afford to have them due to the low pay the warehouse associates make. If you like the good boy policy then maybe one can survive working for the organization. If one can tolerate the abuse the management presents to its employees then I say have at it. Good luck to anyone who works for them.
Good Job
Support Tech (Former Employee), American Fork, UtahJune 17, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, lots of company events
If you get on, the benefits are great, you definitely want to move up, or around, or find a position that plays into your strengths and capabilities when you get on. The hours weren't exactly what I wanted, but it was workable to things I wanted to do outside of work.

Best benefits of any job I've had, so far.
n/a
Credit Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 5, 2014
The company pays well, but there is only two departments, collector and legal so there is no advancement.
good company
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Melville, NYMay 4, 2014
Pros: lots os perks - helps the community
Cons: they that job security to the highest level - if you get in it takes a lot to get let go
Good stable company and really good work culture. Great benefits.
Good job for Experience
Network Hardware Tech 1 (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
If you come in as a network/ hardware tech, you better know your tech skills. In our department we do a wide variety of IT tasks such as networking, removing viruses, help customers replace failed hard drives, and many other IT related tasks. The job is great for the experience and small team atmosphere.
Productive and fun place with lots of positive people
Picker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2014
Pros: there's always work
Cons: short breaks
I thought it was a great place, I learned a lot from there about productivity and accuracy. Made a lot a friends there.

1 2 3

About Henry Schein

From Poughkeepsie to Prague, Henry Schein outfits dental offices around the world with everything they need. The company is a – Read more

Henry Schein Salaries