Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Love working for Henry Schein Company. They take very good care and value their employers. It was a great experience for me.
GateKeeper/updating the address/data entry (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 11, 2017
Love working for Henry Schein Company. My day consist of hours that start from 8:00am to 12:00pm. It was part time. I was a temporary worker for only a month. Got to experience a very warm and welcoming team of coworkers. For only a month being their I wish I was able to stay permanently. Work on updating clients addresses so when their bill's were sent out and came back to us I will have to call the clients office to get correct address and updated it into the system. Their was more to learn but, I didn't have more time to learn more about the position. I did learned their billing process and also was able to answer the clients questions how much was billed to their account or accounts and what they were being billed for. My supervisor said for a short time I pick up rather quickly to the system and to the work involved. My most enjoyable part of being there was the people. The reason I was there for a short time was because I was holding a position for a worker who was already working in another department for Henry Schein for some time and of course had more experience.
Pros
everything you needed was there for you. I would never had to go out for lunch if I didn't want to.
Cons
I was only there for part time work and for a short time.
Working Here was an excellent experience.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2017
Worked with the company for nearly 20 years only departed because of an immediate relocation.
Work environment was well balanced with work and comfortability. The entire faculty and staff took time out to get to know one another each day to enhance the productivity between each department.
Pros
Stress Free
Cons
Non
Fast paced industry
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 2, 2017
Management would not step in to resolve issues when needed. Your typical corporate world job where it was all about the bottom line and never about the employees that put them on the map.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
no loyalty on the part of the employer
Super Busy, Underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 2, 2017
Henry Schein's has no idea what they're doing. Employees are underpaid, while others are overpaid. They don't seem to care about your education and skills . Racism is a Plus.
Benefits
Cons
Underpaid, Not opportunity to Grow
Good stable job!
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 31, 2017
Good, stable job. Make sure to keep your head down and work continuously. The management isn't that great. The job itself is pretty easy so you shouldn't have much problem day to day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hourly wage
Great benefits
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2017
10 years in and happy with my Benefits. By far easiest commute to work and have learned the logistics of greater Houston. Experience great relationships with vendors and co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Growth
Great people
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJuly 29, 2017
Software based company. Customer service in several departments, received in-bound calls, updated databases, collections, made final financial decisions regarding customer accounts, tech service when requested.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Job closed before employed.
Very busy productive atmosphere
Regulatory Affairs Special Project Admin (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 28, 2017
A complete job that kept me busy. Special project had beginnings and endings. I was hire to complete a special project but after project was kept on for new project that expanded my horizons.
Pros
I was kept very busy
Cons
I had to change my seat a few time during my assignment.
Great Place to Work
Implementation Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2017
I love my Henry Schein family. I don't want to leave this great company but my son was diagnosed with Autism and there are not enough resources in SC. We are looking to relocate to Florida to provide a better life with needed therapy for our son.
Nice place, terrible management.
Product Analysis Associate (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTJuly 23, 2017
Henry Schein's management has no idea what they're doing. Many employees are underpaid, while others are overpaid. They don't seem to take your experience into account when processing raises, and most yearly raises are barely enough to keep up with inflation.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good Culture
Cons
Management Sucks
Great company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 20, 2017
Great company with great people. Great benefits and a consistent work day. The only downside is middle management has a tendency to keep productive people in low end positions for their own gain.
Pros
Great company with great benefits and consistent pay
Cons
Middle Management
Great Experience there
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 19, 2017
I am looking to use my knowledge in Henry Schein in order to procure a sales position in multiple industries.

Very solid Fortune 500 company and a great work atmosphere
Great benefits where loyalty is rewarded
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work. Loyalty is rewarded. Overall pay is at par with local wages. If you are good enough to work at Henry Schein you have got a job for life.
Pros
Great benefits
A solid place for growth and development.
Temp (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 12, 2017
Here is a typical working day: You receive expediting assignments, reach out to suppliers or other internal departments, and communicate statuses of orders to the overseer of the assignment.

I learned effective communication skills when dealing with suppliers and relaying information to my overseers. I improved in both organization and documenting skills when regarding information.

Everyone is supportive and actively providing me with constructive tips to better my experience and growth.

The toughest part of the job is just getting acclimated to the work flow. If you put in the effort to get the work done and you allow yourself to become conditioned over time, then you won't have problems around a month into the job.

My most enjoyable part of the job is the people in the department and how effective their communication is. They just made the experience here far less painful than it has to be.
Pros
Supportive People, Decent Training, Good for Experience.
Cons
Cubicles, Sitting in front of a computer all day, Repetitive Work.
Fast Paced
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2017
Working with dental offices is rewarding. Helping the offices with their dental management software is challenging and lots of experience working with different OS's
Technicians are last
EST/CIT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
As a Tech, you are the professional when its convenient for the company. It is all about sales, the sales team will dictate the technical aspects despite the fact that YOU as the technician are the expert there is no project manager to bridge the gap between operations and sales. Benefits are great, however the dispatching system is non existent you are SUPPOSED to be dispatched based on location however this is far from the truth you in fact will pass your fellow technicians as you cover his area and he covers yours. You will be pushed to your limit. You will be dispatched by 3 different entities non of which communicate with each other. It will be the technicians who keep your sanity, it is a great group of guys to work with. You are provided a company vehicle, laptop (32 bit, poorly optimized) as well as company card (ball and chain). You will also go out of town, sometimes quite a bit, at times you will arrive at location "some times hundreds of miles away" and the equipment will not be there or not ordered. They try to be a dental services/supply/managed IT services company, in hot markets such as New York, Dallas, it simply does not work.
Pros
Company Truck, Company Card, Laptop, Uniforms, Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Underpaid and overworked
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJuly 8, 2017
Henry Schein is overall a nice company to work for. The dispatch department however needs tremendous improvement. There is way too much work divided upon a small team of dispatchers. There was no way to keep up with everything.

I believe if dispatch would add more head count and increase the pay it would be a good department to work in. Everyday I left I felt mentally drained.

There is lack of support from local management. I cannot recall a time when the team was stressed and behind and management came to help with workload.
Ability to earn bonus and commission
Clinical Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 27, 2017
With hard work, the commissions and bonuses are lucrative. Strong emphasis on working with specialty reps (lab, equipment, IT, etc) to generate more sales and earn more money.
Pros
Good leadership
Cons
Reps have a lot of quarterly contests to try to attain simultaneously
Production Focused Work Environment
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJune 26, 2017
Fun operation with the potential to provide great career mobility but lacking in corporate support and funds so action is often delayed. Organization culture leaves much to be desired but there are a few employees that genuinely want to make a difference and they keep the operation successful.
It was a nice paying job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2017
The pay was great but the management wasn't so great they were always trying to find the bad things you did but never acknowledged the good . I learned a lot though

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein. Our community is ready to answer.