Henry Schein Employee Reviews in United States

Has its pro's and con's like anywhere else.
Shipping/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 11, 2016
Needs Assistant Management upgrade, head Manager is awesome, Assistant Manager is NOT a people oriented person. If there wasn't the cloud that hangs over us, that the Assistant Manager does EVERYTHING right and WE as the WORKERS do everything wrong and he has been there less than 1 year, myself almost 3, the atmosphere would be so much more positive and productive.
Pros
lots of paid time off
Cons
odd hours to work example we start at 10 am and work until ?
knowledgeable and fun place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2016
Working here a privilege. Being able to work with people who are kind and does their job, i could never be happy. I learned a lot from this company. I started as a picker/packer, now i'm in inventory control. Henry Schein gave me a opportunity. Coworkers are kind, fun to work to, and we don't have any culture problems. the most hard part of the job is taking care of your faults and they understand that nobody's perfect. The most enjoyable part is working with different people and being able to communicate with each other.
Company cared about their employers
medical pick/packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2016
pic,ked and packed medical supplies in an timely manner in a very friendly environment ,workplace was nice and clean in a climate control atomsphere. You learned all the different types of medical supplies and medical terminology.
Pros
The performance incentives were great.
Cons
Sometimes the mandatory overtime was over a bit much
Good place to work, but difficult to advance at this time
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2016
There is a lot of benefits to working for this company. It can be a little micromanaged since there is a lot of employees. It being such a large company can sometimes make you feel like your opinion doesn't matter. In turn though, it being a large company comes with the benefits of receiving enjoyable events at the locations.
Just a Job
Verifications SOM Representative (Current Employee) –  Smithhaven nyFebruary 16, 2016
• Provided outstanding customer service, assessing client needs and recommending appropriate products, as well as monitoring order status and production to ensure alignment with client requirements
• Handled accounts receivable and payable, including generating financial status reports and liaising with the credit department to assess customer account and credit status
• Delivered comprehensive administrative support and file management, as well as taking on additional projects as necessary to ensure top quality service at all times
Micromanaging an inequality
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2016
I think the co-workers was pretty good and easy to work with. The bosses were not the type of people I would've liked to continue working for but I've learned how to humble myself no matter what.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time.
Cons
Short lunch breaks as well and not enough time to eat like you want.
Productive fun filled place love my team
Help Desk Tech I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 16, 2016
*busy call center
*work with dental offices
*love my immediate supervisor
*co-workers we help one another out on our calls
*not being able to fix an office issue in one day
*we are a family
Pros
No time limits on calls
Cons
when we have something not working it doesn't work nationwide
Facility needs to be updated
Security Administrator, Global Security & Safety (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Henry Schein is run like a Mom & Pop shop. It truly is who you know vs what you bring to the table.

I have been in the same position for 5 years without any opportunity for advance due to budgets constraints.
Pros
Healthcare / 401K
Cons
Compensation, workstations, no room for growth
Rewarding Environment
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2016
Working for Henry Schein was a pleasure. They care about their employees and show it with incentives, parties, etc. It was a very fast paced environment, never a dull moment.
Pros
potlucks, free lunches, employee appreciation days
Cons
short breaks
Large reliable family oriented company
Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Great company, very secure job with growth potential. Family oriented and understanding management, friendly co-workers.
Pros
Employee Recognition, Growth Potential, Secure Position
Cons
Diminishing Health Insurance Options

Want to know more about Henry Schein?

Ask a question
Good company to work for.
Vendor Returns Specialistis (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 25, 2016
Great managenent, good benefits,lots of advancements. great team work. learned a lot from company was crossed trained in a lot of areas. I would still be their but i relocated..
Productive and fun workplace
Dental Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 6, 2016
Wonderful place to work with nice and talented people who work hard and like to watch their peers exceed in the workplace. Great benefits, work schedules and people.
Pretty decent workplace, very laid back
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2016
A very laid back place to work. Smiling faces and fairly clean for being a warehouse. The environment was a very quiet surrounding. Fairly nice, yet strict managers kept people in line, but happy to do so. All around nice place to work.
don't recall much
Statistics lab project/Internship (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMay 27, 2016
Pretty standard internship. Lots of learning opportunities, but not somewhere to make a career. Location is terrible.
great company
Pick/packer (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 13, 2015
great company to work, great schedule and awesome people. room for growth and a lot overtime. no weekends and you get paid holidays and free lunches on somedays
Pros
breaks, holiday pays, people, overtime, weekends.
A Great Technical Support Company
eServices Tech II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 24, 2015
I worked as a tech II specialist with this company, and I believe that it was one of the most enjoyable employment experiences I've had the pleasure of having. Management was effective, personable, and actually listened to their employees. The pay was competitive, with raises for every promotion. The job itself was intensive, requiring constant up-training, but was also rewarding. If I were to relocate back to the Greenville, Sc area, I would definitely consider going back to work for them.
Pros
Catered meals, Team Building exercises, Holiday Pay, Yearly bonuses, Promotion from Within
Cons
Short window to apply for Insurance Benefits.
Productive and physically challenging place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 16, 2015
I learned a lot in the warehouse industry in the short amount of time i worked there. I learned how to properly import/export material in an efficient and proper manner.
Great place for part time work
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 30, 2015
A great place to work if you are going to school or need to supplement your income. The people are friendly and it was a great experience as I attended school
Pros
Fun and Friendly evironment
Cons
pay
Fast Paced and Productive work environment
Summer Analyst, Corporate Business Development (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 15, 2015
• Prepared spreadsheets and presentations for the business development group and executive board

• Created preliminary research reports of potential acquisition targets and joint venture partners

• Project Hawkeye

– Served as lead coordinator, reporting to the Executive VP and CSO, regarding integration meetings for a joint venture
– Prepared daily status updates and bi-weekly presentations for executive board focusing on progress and integration timetable

• Project Daytime

– Created a database of historical company acquisitions highlighting key financial and operating metrics
– Maintained a record of closed, stalled, and ongoing deals
– Created reports of past transactions relevant to ongoing and potential deals to show historical success
Well balanced company to work for.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 17, 2015
This company was well balanced it was fun and challenging work environment. They bring lunch to the office from restaurants around the area so you don't have to leave the office. They have work parties and try to make it as fun as possible.
Pros
Good people, fun environment, food is brought to you.
Cons
I paid a lot for insurance.