Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Great Experience there
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 19, 2017
I am looking to use my knowledge in Henry Schein in order to procure a sales position in multiple industries.

Very solid Fortune 500 company and a great work atmosphere
Great benefits where loyalty is rewarded
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work. Loyalty is rewarded. Overall pay is at par with local wages. If you are good enough to work at Henry Schein you have got a job for life.
Pros
Great benefits
A solid place for growth and development.
Temp (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 12, 2017
Here is a typical working day: You receive expediting assignments, reach out to suppliers or other internal departments, and communicate statuses of orders to the overseer of the assignment.

I learned effective communication skills when dealing with suppliers and relaying information to my overseers. I improved in both organization and documenting skills when regarding information.

Everyone is supportive and actively providing me with constructive tips to better my experience and growth.

The toughest part of the job is just getting acclimated to the work flow. If you put in the effort to get the work done and you allow yourself to become conditioned over time, then you won't have problems around a month into the job.

My most enjoyable part of the job is the people in the department and how effective their communication is. They just made the experience here far less painful than it has to be.
Pros
Supportive People, Decent Training, Good for Experience.
Cons
Cubicles, Sitting in front of a computer all day, Repetitive Work.
Fast Paced
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2017
Working with dental offices is rewarding. Helping the offices with their dental management software is challenging and lots of experience working with different OS's
Technicians are last
EST/CIT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
As a Tech, you are the professional when its convenient for the company. It is all about sales, the sales team will dictate the technical aspects despite the fact that YOU as the technician are the expert there is no project manager to bridge the gap between operations and sales. Benefits are great, however the dispatching system is non existent you are SUPPOSED to be dispatched based on location however this is far from the truth you in fact will pass your fellow technicians as you cover his area and he covers yours. You will be pushed to your limit. You will be dispatched by 3 different entities non of which communicate with each other. It will be the technicians who keep your sanity, it is a great group of guys to work with. You are provided a company vehicle, laptop (32 bit, poorly optimized) as well as company card (ball and chain). You will also go out of town, sometimes quite a bit, at times you will arrive at location "some times hundreds of miles away" and the equipment will not be there or not ordered. They try to be a dental services/supply/managed IT services company, in hot markets such as New York, Dallas, it simply does not work.
Pros
Company Truck, Company Card, Laptop, Uniforms, Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Underpaid and overworked
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJuly 8, 2017
Henry Schein is overall a nice company to work for. The dispatch department however needs tremendous improvement. There is way too much work divided upon a small team of dispatchers. There was no way to keep up with everything.

I believe if dispatch would add more head count and increase the pay it would be a good department to work in. Everyday I left I felt mentally drained.

There is lack of support from local management. I cannot recall a time when the team was stressed and behind and management came to help with workload.
Ability to earn bonus and commission
Clinical Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 27, 2017
With hard work, the commissions and bonuses are lucrative. Strong emphasis on working with specialty reps (lab, equipment, IT, etc) to generate more sales and earn more money.
Pros
Good leadership
Cons
Reps have a lot of quarterly contests to try to attain simultaneously
Production Focused Work Environment
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJune 26, 2017
Fun operation with the potential to provide great career mobility but lacking in corporate support and funds so action is often delayed. Organization culture leaves much to be desired but there are a few employees that genuinely want to make a difference and they keep the operation successful.
It was a nice paying job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2017
The pay was great but the management wasn't so great they were always trying to find the bad things you did but never acknowledged the good . I learned a lot though
great benefits, horrible pay.
IT Helpdesk/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 23, 2017
Pay is extremely low for the tech support field. No bonuses and very little room for growth. Management changes and makes the rules as they go along. Dentrix is the worst division of the company.
Pros
great Health benefits and paid time of
Cons
terrible management on the Dentrix Tech support, no growth or raises, supervisors have a buddy system. The medical side is much better to work for.

Want to know more about Henry Schein?

Ask a question
good working place
MATERIAL HANDLER II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2017
People are good to work with
nice working environment
Good health benefits
Transparent management
Fast phase job
Safety is good
Break rooms and rest rooms are clean
Pros
free lunches and recognition awards
Cons
fast phase job
fun great workplace
Prepare work orders for manager operations (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 12, 2017
walk around check shipping inventory
run shipping stats so the manager has sufficent data of each daily log
make labels print them out for packages
count each box make sure the work place is organized and ready
to be inspected by manager
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
no 401 k benefits
Great entry level job.
Support Tech (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 12, 2017
The company is awesome at providing opportunities for you to hone your skills and gain new ones. Helping you to gain an understanding of the front and back end of dental management software. When i first started, the management team was great, but as the new head of support was hired from Convergys, the support floor became less of a family oriented team and more, individual every man for himself type.
Pros
Good medical/dental benefits
Cons
Has become just another call support center
Bad place to work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 10, 2017
horrible management, a ton of favoritism , Affairs occurring with employees and higher management, human resources are full of clowns. Very unprofessional when handling terminations(i have heard and seen), will not help you improve, bossy and expect very much for so little, some employees are very lazy and talk for an hour without working several times yet recieve no discipline. No help in moving to different departments, they also tell you they hire you through the company yet you will receive no benefits, no help even after the three months to become a regular. HORRIBLE PLACE.
It's a great place to work if you like repetitive work and like to work overtime
Picker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2017
A typical day at work is fast paced if you are a picker. Hardest part of the job is getting to learn how to use the "Jennifer" headset. You must be comfortable with being on your feet all day and must have good listening skills.The managers are cool and understanding people but you get a limited amount of excused absences.
Pros
Get a voluntary choice to work a couple hours of overtime
Cons
work through a temp agency and you must be prepared to stand on your feet all day
Fast pace work environment. A very caring company that treated their employees with great respect.
Manager of Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 30, 2017
Henry Schein was a first class company to work for. Very long work hours especially when working on acquisitions. Not much chance for for advancement. Lovely upper management. Very nice people to work with. Very concerned with helping the community as well as our global neighbors. One example of this is the participation in Habitat for Humanity, of which I was glad to be of help on a number of occasions. Another, is their generous donations of medical and dental supplies to victims of catastrophic disasters, at home and around the world.
Pros
Paid well, generous benefit pkge.
Cons
not much chance for advancement
Abusive and irrelevant
Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 27, 2017
This company has no morals. While I have never worked for them I have first hand knowledge. They try to take advantage of manufacturers and customers alike. I personally have seen them trade narcotics with customers and bilk manufacturers for money they stick in their back pocket. Illegal.
Pros
Cons
Loose your integrity
job is not very stressful
Sr. Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 23, 2017
The people I worked with were nice and job stress is about the same as in most places I have worked. However, some top management personnel don't seem to understand the culture or practice in the IT profession.
Temporary Position
Temporary HR Employee (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 22, 2017
I worked for Henry Schein for a couple months and very much enjoyed my time there. The culture was a good fit for me. The employee camaraderie was exceptional. There were always events, lunches, etc. I hope I get the chance to earn a permanent position there in the future.
Pros
Events, management, learning opportunities
Cons
I didn't get to remain on board permanently
Warehouse working in the elements.
Warehouse Coordinator/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 16, 2017
Warehouse positions are the only position that is not climate controlled. The co-workers are pleasant and helpful. The manager is an evil, micromanaging, overbearing b*****. THE worst boss I've ever had.
Pros
8-5, Mon - Fri.
Cons
Management and office staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval