Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Typical Big Corporate Company
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 5, 2016
Typical day at Zahn Dental consists of involvement in numerous projects and the ability to multitask. Problem solving a must have skill.
Management positions are given to people with no management skills.
Co-workers are great to work with and help each other
Hardest part of my day was trying to complete tasks because of the unrealistic expectations from management.
I enjoyed helping customers, traveling
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
No communication from management. Some employees are given top positions that have no experience.
Great company to work for,
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 29, 2016
Henry Schein, Inc. overall is a great company to work for. However, when they are ready to terminate you, they will find every reason that benefits them to do so.
Pros
Great culture/people
Cons
High healthcare costs/Low wages for such a profitable corporation
Love the job hate the people
Material Handler/ receiver / trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2016
My experience with this job was really good, I love the job itself but the management was horrible and very unprofessional. Benefits are amazing but the pay and yearly raises could be better
Cons
Unprofessional management
Had potential
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WINovember 27, 2016
At first things seem to have potential of being great place to work but after time passed I began to notice its very unorganized, lots of favoritism, and unwelcoming.

Benefits are AMAZING however pay for the work you do is average believe they could and need pay more for thei employees. I dont feel they appreciated the employees as much as they could have. Management does need help due to favorites and also not having your back on situations.
A good company
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 21, 2016
While it is unfortunate that my position was eliminated after 17 months, I was treated fairly and with great respect and offered another, (lesser), position, which mitigates a lot of the stress that comes with losing a job... namely I still have a paycheck and insurance and retirement savings.

My immediate management has been competent and caring about their employees.

Right now the corporate vision and tactics are a little up in the air, but over the years they have demonstrated proven leadership in their market space and I think are a good bet to work for.
Pros
Work/Life balance, preeminence in the marketplace
Cons
Corporate management insecurity, people losing their jobs
A good culture for work/life balance
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Walker, MINovember 3, 2016
I enjoy working for my direct supervisors and feel they have their direct reports' best interests in mind.
My position was eliminated as part of a financial restructuring and instead of booting me outright, they provided me a lesser position until either they can find me the right fit within the organization or I find the right fit outside of the organization, which I feel was the fairest, most decent way to handle a bad situation.
Pros
Culture, Size of Company, Market Share
Cons
Constant Restructuring, Antiquated Operating Systems
Good benefits
Marketing Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 24, 2016
As the Print/Web Production Supervisor for the past 8 years has demonstrated what it takes to be a part of hard-working team that always had the company's best interest come first. Problem solving and communication was key in order to meet the Production Schedule 100% with 0 error.
Overall OK
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAOctober 18, 2016
Its a nice place to work. The people are great. Many can use more work. But overall it's a nice place to work. It's not very fast pace but enough to keep busy.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Long days
Good company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 13, 2016
Henry Schein is a good company, but has lost one of the greatest assets it ever had - loyalty to its employees.
Compensation for office workers is pathetic, but for sales people it excellent.
Great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
salary
Depends on your market
Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 26, 2016
The success of you and your business seriously depends on the market you are in. Took over a position in a negative market share. Grew my total sales significantly compared to the previous three employees in the same territory. Management has some unreal expectations about what can be achieved in the area.
Most people are kind
International & Domestic Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 26, 2016
Not a bad place to work, most of the people are kind, some of the management is nice to work with, and are willing to help, it was an opportunity for growth
Out of Office
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Mostly on the road finding leads for the company. Some time spent in the office doing paperwork or meeting with the regional manager for performance meetings.
great place to work
Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 14, 2016
very fast pase company to work for very good payplenty of overtime is offered at this company being a team player on this job is very important to the company
Culture driven to inspire solutions and success translating to patient satisfaction and brand recognition for the company
Field Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
A typical work day entails meeting with 10-12 orthodontic offices and doctors.
Management promoted a sense of independent achievement and success based on product knowledge and relationship driven account management.

I learned about facilitating communication between clients and manufacturing and billing. I created solutions when problems would arise to meet the satisfaction of all parties involved leading to enhanced relationships and account revenue growth.

My co workers were supportive, knowledgeable, and always willing to come up with creative solutions to tough sales challenges so that the company would win as a whole.
My favorite part of the job was building and maintaining relationships with each and every client. Many of my clients I can actually call my mentors and friends.
Bad management skills all around. This distribution center needs a lot of help.
RECEIVER, MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2016
This is not an ideal workplace. You will not find it fair or compensating. Bad management all around in this distribution center. No opportunity for growth unless you are a favorite.
Must like to travel Door to Door
Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 30, 2016
A typical day for a FSC at Henry Schein Dental would be to call on 15-20 assigned offices. You typically see every office within a two week span. The hours are usually from 8AM-5PM. At Henry Schein I learned how to plan, organize and implement effective strategies using all company programs, tools and initiatives to increase market share in Merchandise, Equipment, Technology and Service.I also have maintained professional and consistent communication with my Regional Manager on a weekly basis. He has helped me a great deal in my two years with Henry Schein by showing me what activities to perform with certain customers. The hardest part of the job I would say is trying to discover/win new business. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the leisure of not having a set in stone schedule every day outside of appointments with doctors.
Fun Place to work-Fast paced
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2016
Working for Henry Schein Medical was very rewarding and fast paced which I like. I have seen a lot of changes in the medical device Distribution industry and the business is changing rapidly. I have enjoyed managing 9 sales representatives with different levels of skill sets.
productive and fun work enviroment.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 22, 2016
This job is great company and I was happy to work with such an amazing team. we all worked together to get things done and we where always willing to help another employee to finish their work. The benefits are great and the company is always trying to help out the community. I was lucky to be apart of a great opportunity and get to meet amazing people.
Pros
amazing staff, bennifits, hours
Nothing more then a paycheck
Senior NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 19, 2016
For a multi billion dollar company they do not value there employees who are there 24/7 ensuring the company runs. We are required to work 12 hour shifts and taking off is a no-no, we have to find someone to cover the shift first. IT is top heavy and the ones who do the real work are left at the bottom.
Good company to work for.
Feild Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi, Arkansas, West TennesseeJuly 6, 2016
Great company

Company has a vast collection of products in which to sell. The managers let you work as if it is your own business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein. Our community is ready to answer.