Henry Schein Employee Reviews

great place to work
Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 14, 2016
very fast pase company to work for very good payplenty of overtime is offered at this company being a team player on this job is very important to the company
productive and fun work enviroment.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 22, 2016
This job is great company and I was happy to work with such an amazing team. we all worked together to get things done and we where always willing to help another employee to finish their work. The benefits are great and the company is always trying to help out the community. I was lucky to be apart of a great opportunity and get to meet amazing people.
Pros
amazing staff, bennifits, hours
Nothing more then a paycheck
Senior NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 19, 2016
For a multi billion dollar company they do not value there employees who are there 24/7 ensuring the company runs. We are required to work 12 hour shifts and taking off is a no-no, we have to find someone to cover the shift first. IT is top heavy and the ones who do the real work are left at the bottom.
Qualifications/Knowledge of a Maintenance Manager
Mainteance Manager (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 5, 2016
Typical Day at Work:
Maintaining two Pharmaceutical Distribution Centers is priority. The Customer Service demanded from Physicians, Dentists and Veterinarians lie not only on the Managerial Team, but the skilled Maintenance Technicians that keep our conveyors operational.

The challenge in orchestrating an entire Maintenance Team depends on the tools in hand. They’re the ones that hold the instrument. We are the orchestrator that taps the podium, eyes the drummer, and starts the band. We have the potential to teach the instrumentalists additional skills.

Management can be challenging. One should present professionalism at all times. There are times we may not like a Manger, however we do have to Respect the Manager. Management is the backbone to any successful Distribution or Warehousing Center.

Coworkers can be the hardest working individuals. They are the ants on the hill. However they need Guidance, Structure, Positive Affirmation, and Rewards. There’s always potential advancement in Coworkers, depending on Performance. Coworkers can be performance driven. However some Coworkers could use additional training if their performance lacks.

Hardest part of the job is walking Christ like. Displaying the professionalism in a political challenging work environment can be challenging. Knowing how to defuse conflicting and confrontational employees/mangers makes my managerial position an easier to maintain.

When interviewed with my current employer, it was mentioned I was stepping into the worst operational DC network wide. It was also expressed
  more... turnaround in the maintenance department was at its worst. Six plus years later, with many spare parts on the shelf, adequate training, and now a confident maintenance team, we are 1st and 2nd best operational DC in our network. It is with great pride and knowledge of the Industrial field, which enabled this accomplishment.  less
Pros
Job Comfort, Able to voice an Opinion, Being blessed by people around me, Being able to leave for appointments.
Cons
Minumal/No lunch and/or breaks, Ineffiecent/unprofessional coworkers
knowledgeable and fun place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2016
Working here a privilege. Being able to work with people who are kind and does their job, i could never be happy. I learned a lot from this company. I started as a picker/packer, now i'm in inventory control. Henry Schein gave me a opportunity. Coworkers are kind, fun to work to, and we don't have any culture problems. the most hard part of the job is taking care of your faults and they understand that nobody's perfect. The most enjoyable part is working with different people and being able to communicate with each other.
Micromanaging an inequality
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2016
I think the co-workers was pretty good and easy to work with. The bosses were not the type of people I would've liked to continue working for but I've learned how to humble myself no matter what.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time.
Cons
Short lunch breaks as well and not enough time to eat like you want.
Great co-workers. I made a lot of friends during the 10 years employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at Henry Schein, Inc. There were many ways to give back to the community through different charity events. It was a team effort in the various departments and a lot of interaction between departments.
Pros
Charity events
Cons
Longevity and seniority did not play a part when cutbacks were required.
Has its pro's and con's like anywhere else.
Shipping/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 11, 2016
Needs Assistant Management upgrade, head Manager is awesome, Assistant Manager is NOT a people oriented person. If there wasn't the cloud that hangs over us, that the Assistant Manager does EVERYTHING right and WE as the WORKERS do everything wrong and he has been there less than 1 year, myself almost 3, the atmosphere would be so much more positive and productive.
Pros
lots of paid time off
Cons
odd hours to work example we start at 10 am and work until ?
don't recall much
Statistics lab project/Internship (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMay 27, 2016
Pretty standard internship. Lots of learning opportunities, but not somewhere to make a career. Location is terrible.
Good company to work for.
Vendor Returns Specialistis (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 25, 2016
Great managenent, good benefits,lots of advancements. great team work. learned a lot from company was crossed trained in a lot of areas. I would still be their but i relocated..
Productive fun filled place love my team
Help Desk Tech I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 16, 2016
*busy call center
*work with dental offices
*love my immediate supervisor
*co-workers we help one another out on our calls
*not being able to fix an office issue in one day
*we are a family
Pros
No time limits on calls
Cons
when we have something not working it doesn't work nationwide
Company cared about their employers
medical pick/packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2016
pic,ked and packed medical supplies in an timely manner in a very friendly environment ,workplace was nice and clean in a climate control atomsphere. You learned all the different types of medical supplies and medical terminology.
Pros
The performance incentives were great.
Cons
Sometimes the mandatory overtime was over a bit much
Good place to work, but difficult to advance at this time
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2016
There is a lot of benefits to working for this company. It can be a little micromanaged since there is a lot of employees. It being such a large company can sometimes make you feel like your opinion doesn't matter. In turn though, it being a large company comes with the benefits of receiving enjoyable events at the locations.
Productive and fun workplace
Dental Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 6, 2016
Wonderful place to work with nice and talented people who work hard and like to watch their peers exceed in the workplace. Great benefits, work schedules and people.
Rewarding Environment
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2016
Working for Henry Schein was a pleasure. They care about their employees and show it with incentives, parties, etc. It was a very fast paced environment, never a dull moment.
Pros
potlucks, free lunches, employee appreciation days
Cons
short breaks
Just a Job
Verifications SOM Representative (Current Employee) –  Smithhaven nyFebruary 16, 2016
• Provided outstanding customer service, assessing client needs and recommending appropriate products, as well as monitoring order status and production to ensure alignment with client requirements
• Handled accounts receivable and payable, including generating financial status reports and liaising with the credit department to assess customer account and credit status
• Delivered comprehensive administrative support and file management, as well as taking on additional projects as necessary to ensure top quality service at all times
Facility needs to be updated
Security Administrator, Global Security & Safety (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Henry Schein is run like a Mom & Pop shop. It truly is who you know vs what you bring to the table.

I have been in the same position for 5 years without any opportunity for advance due to budgets constraints.
Pros
Healthcare / 401K
Cons
Compensation, workstations, no room for growth
Large reliable family oriented company
Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Great company, very secure job with growth potential. Family oriented and understanding management, friendly co-workers.
Pros
Employee Recognition, Growth Potential, Secure Position
Cons
Diminishing Health Insurance Options
Pretty decent workplace, very laid back
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2016
A very laid back place to work. Smiling faces and fairly clean for being a warehouse. The environment was a very quiet surrounding. Fairly nice, yet strict managers kept people in line, but happy to do so. All around nice place to work.
great company
Pick/packer (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 13, 2015
great company to work, great schedule and awesome people. room for growth and a lot overtime. no weekends and you get paid holidays and free lunches on somedays
Pros
breaks, holiday pays, people, overtime, weekends.