Henry Schein Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun workplace
Dental Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 6, 2016
Wonderful place to work with nice and talented people who work hard and like to watch their peers exceed in the workplace. Great benefits, work schedules and people.
Rewarding Environment
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2016
Working for Henry Schein was a pleasure. They care about their employees and show it with incentives, parties, etc. It was a very fast paced environment, never a dull moment.
Pros
potlucks, free lunches, employee appreciation days
Cons
short breaks
Just a Job
Verifications SOM Representative (Current Employee) –  Smithhaven nyFebruary 16, 2016
• Provided outstanding customer service, assessing client needs and recommending appropriate products, as well as monitoring order status and production to ensure alignment with client requirements
• Handled accounts receivable and payable, including generating financial status reports and liaising with the credit department to assess customer account and credit status
• Delivered comprehensive administrative support and file management, as well as taking on additional projects as necessary to ensure top quality service at all times
Facility needs to be updated
Security Administrator, Global Security & Safety (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Henry Schein is run like a Mom & Pop shop. It truly is who you know vs what you bring to the table.

I have been in the same position for 5 years without any opportunity for advance due to budgets constraints.
Pros
Healthcare / 401K
Cons
Compensation, workstations, no room for growth
Large reliable family oriented company
Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Great company, very secure job with growth potential. Family oriented and understanding management, friendly co-workers.
Pros
Employee Recognition, Growth Potential, Secure Position
Cons
Diminishing Health Insurance Options
Pretty decent workplace, very laid back
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2016
A very laid back place to work. Smiling faces and fairly clean for being a warehouse. The environment was a very quiet surrounding. Fairly nice, yet strict managers kept people in line, but happy to do so. All around nice place to work.
great company
Pick/packer (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 13, 2015
great company to work, great schedule and awesome people. room for growth and a lot overtime. no weekends and you get paid holidays and free lunches on somedays
Pros
breaks, holiday pays, people, overtime, weekends.
Cons
Productive and physically challenging place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 16, 2015
I learned a lot in the warehouse industry in the short amount of time i worked there. I learned how to properly import/export material in an efficient and proper manner.
Great place for part time work
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 30, 2015
A great place to work if you are going to school or need to supplement your income. The people are friendly and it was a great experience as I attended school
Pros
Fun and Friendly evironment
Cons
pay
Comfortable working and enjoying
Sr. Java/J2ee Developer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 15, 2015
I am Happy to be a part of the team and it helped me to learn more about the technology.
I really felt comfortable with the work culture.
A Great Technical Support Company
eServices Tech II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 24, 2015
I worked as a tech II specialist with this company, and I believe that it was one of the most enjoyable employment experiences I've had the pleasure of having. Management was effective, personable, and actually listened to their employees. The pay was competitive, with raises for every promotion. The job itself was intensive, requiring constant up-training, but was also rewarding. If I were to relocate back to the Greenville, Sc area, I would definitely consider going back to work for them.
Pros
Catered meals, Team Building exercises, Holiday Pay, Yearly bonuses, Promotion from Within
Cons
Short window to apply for Insurance Benefits.
Great staff and supervisors
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 21, 2015
Henry Schein takes the time to make sure that all their employees are well taken care of. They make sure that you are well and healthy enough to work.
Pros
Great attitudes, easy to talk to
Productive and mindless work
Loose Pick (Former Employee) –  Denver, PAJuly 2, 2015
Work is very mindless. Order picking required reading a sheet and going into the appropriate isle to pick each item and get it ready for packing.
Well balanced company to work for.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 17, 2015
This company was well balanced it was fun and challenging work environment. They bring lunch to the office from restaurants around the area so you don't have to leave the office. They have work parties and try to make it as fun as possible.
Pros
Good people, fun environment, food is brought to you.
Cons
I paid a lot for insurance.
Fast Paced and Productive work environment
Summer Analyst, Corporate Business Development (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 15, 2015
• Prepared spreadsheets and presentations for the business development group and executive board

• Created preliminary research reports of potential acquisition targets and joint venture partners

• Project Hawkeye

– Served as lead coordinator, reporting to the Executive VP and CSO, regarding integration meetings for a joint venture
– Prepared daily status updates and bi-weekly presentations for executive board focusing on progress and integration timetable

• Project Daytime

– Created a database of historical company acquisitions highlighting key financial and operating metrics
– Maintained a record of closed, stalled, and ongoing deals
– Created reports of past transactions relevant to ongoing and potential deals to show historical success
Recession-resistant industry, stable company
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioMay 12, 2015
Recession-resistant industry, stable company

People are approachable, each day is different

Opportunities to 'prove' yourself, but needs to be on your own time

Co-workers are easy to get along with since every one is so busy they don't have time for BS.

Hardest part of the job is accepting: many late late nights, never be "caught up", you wear more "hats" than a professional baseball team, etc.

I enjoy the opportunity to learn a diverse system within the largest animal health distribution company. It's a very interesting field.
Pros
Management does their best to work with you and your home life
Cons
Management is restricted from personnel hiring/advancement by executive leadership
A professional yet caring work environment.
eServices Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 28, 2015
Henry Schein is a company that's going places. It is a fast paced medical and dental service provider that offers employees the chance at both upward and lateral mobility, as well as working with us to ensure that we have the most positive environment in which to do our work.
Pros
Catering, plentiful breaks, Casual Fridays, Clear promotion from within
Cons
Rigorous monitoring of aux times, pay I believe is under par with the rest of the nation for tech support, weird pointing system for absences as if we were children in school.
Productive and Fun place to work
Dental Software Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 10, 2015
This is a good company to work for. They care about us. it is a very good environment to work in. The people are wonderful. The co- workers are very helpful, good people.
Call Center
Enterprise Application Support Engineer III (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTFebruary 16, 2015
Its a call center but they don't tell you that, you get 30 minutes a day for breaks. Its all inbound calls and management is very strict about your times because its a call center.
Pros
they have a cafe you can buy discount food and beverages at
Cons
insurance sucks
Productive and Fun place to work
Dental Software Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day at work is taking incoming calls, trouble shooting error messages, and installing our software by remoting into the computer.
I have learned its important how you say things to anybody.
The management is great.
My co-workers are great. we help each other, and encourage each other.
The hardest part of the job would be that call that you have tried Trouble shooting everything you know to try, to no avail. At that point we have to get another tech involved. but its a good way to learn for the next time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a customer that is paniced and needs your help to resolve this issue fast because they have patients waiting , and you resolve it in a timley manner! They are so thankful. That makes my day. Its a feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks