Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Typical Big Corporate Company
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 5, 2016
Typical day at Zahn Dental consists of involvement in numerous projects and the ability to multitask. Problem solving a must have skill.
Management positions are given to people with no management skills.
Co-workers are great to work with and help each other
Hardest part of my day was trying to complete tasks because of the unrealistic expectations from management.
I enjoyed helping customers, traveling
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
No communication from management. Some employees are given top positions that have no experience.
Had potential
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WINovember 27, 2016
At first things seem to have potential of being great place to work but after time passed I began to notice its very unorganized, lots of favoritism, and unwelcoming.

Benefits are AMAZING however pay for the work you do is average believe they could and need pay more for thei employees. I dont feel they appreciated the employees as much as they could have. Management does need help due to favorites and also not having your back on situations.
Love the job hate the people
Material Handler/ receiver / trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2016
My experience with this job was really good, I love the job itself but the management was horrible and very unprofessional. Benefits are amazing but the pay and yearly raises could be better
Cons
Unprofessional management
Productive place to work
Sr. BI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PANovember 30, 2016
Set your own schedule.
Competitive pay.
Little to no work life balance
No raises, bonuses are not honored
No career growth opportunities, no employee development programs
A lot of "now what?" moments
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 13, 2017
As an intern in the tax department for 6 months, I was able to get a good sense of the corporate environment and both supporting and deteriorating aspects of the sound environment that Henry Schein wishes to maintain. The company treats employees well and offers generous compensation and benefits packages (no benefits for interns, but salaried employees are taken care of well). As an intern at a fortune 500 company I did expect to do a lot more than file paperwork and scan tax documents for 6 months. At the end of my internship I had learned very little about tax and accounting. Management seems to be overwhelmed and stuck in old ways, and it is clear that what has erupted across the globe as modern and adaptable job functions, has not ever made its landing at HSI. My daily duties and tasks were never established nor evaluated. The company promotes fun and stress management at the workplace, and invites all employees to holiday events (even halloween is celebrated throughout the entire office). Overall, a great company and a lot of opportunity for internal advancement and mobility, however day to day business practices seem inefficient and divided among departments in a manner that prevents transparency without direct and explicit communication.
Pros
Holidays, time off, business casual dress code, occasional lunches, supportive HR
Cons
management needs updating, improper allocation of work, Interns treated as extra admin. help when needed rather than a trainee
Great company to work for,
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 29, 2016
Henry Schein, Inc. overall is a great company to work for. However, when they are ready to terminate you, they will find every reason that benefits them to do so.
Pros
Great culture/people
Cons
High healthcare costs/Low wages for such a profitable corporation
Good company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 13, 2016
Henry Schein is a good company, but has lost one of the greatest assets it ever had - loyalty to its employees.
Compensation for office workers is pathetic, but for sales people it excellent.
Great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
salary
productive and fun work enviroment.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 22, 2016
This job is great company and I was happy to work with such an amazing team. we all worked together to get things done and we where always willing to help another employee to finish their work. The benefits are great and the company is always trying to help out the community. I was lucky to be apart of a great opportunity and get to meet amazing people.
Pros
amazing staff, bennifits, hours
A good company
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 21, 2016
While it is unfortunate that my position was eliminated after 17 months, I was treated fairly and with great respect and offered another, (lesser), position, which mitigates a lot of the stress that comes with losing a job... namely I still have a paycheck and insurance and retirement savings.

My immediate management has been competent and caring about their employees.

Right now the corporate vision and tactics are a little up in the air, but over the years they have demonstrated proven leadership in their market space and I think are a good bet to work for.
Pros
Work/Life balance, preeminence in the marketplace
Cons
Corporate management insecurity, people losing their jobs
Wonderful People, Good Culture
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTDecember 8, 2016
Working here for two years I do not hesitate to commend the people inside the company. They are smart, good and wonderful to work with. the internal culture is a "safe" one. Once hired, it is rare that they fire someone, nor have layoffs. Henry Schein is a fortune 500 company that has outpaced Berkshire Hathaway in profitable growth for the past 10+ years. They meet or exceed their WS numbers every quarter.
Pros
Culture, people, work-life balance.
Cons
can't say
Good company to work for.
Vendor Returns Specialistis (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 25, 2016
Great managenent, good benefits,lots of advancements. great team work. learned a lot from company was crossed trained in a lot of areas. I would still be their but i relocated..
Good place to work, but difficult to advance at this time
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2016
There is a lot of benefits to working for this company. It can be a little micromanaged since there is a lot of employees. It being such a large company can sometimes make you feel like your opinion doesn't matter. In turn though, it being a large company comes with the benefits of receiving enjoyable events at the locations.
Culture driven to inspire solutions and success translating to patient satisfaction and brand recognition for the company
Field Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
A typical work day entails meeting with 10-12 orthodontic offices and doctors.
Management promoted a sense of independent achievement and success based on product knowledge and relationship driven account management.

I learned about facilitating communication between clients and manufacturing and billing. I created solutions when problems would arise to meet the satisfaction of all parties involved leading to enhanced relationships and account revenue growth.

My co workers were supportive, knowledgeable, and always willing to come up with creative solutions to tough sales challenges so that the company would win as a whole.
My favorite part of the job was building and maintaining relationships with each and every client. Many of my clients I can actually call my mentors and friends.
A good culture for work/life balance
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Walker, MINovember 3, 2016
I enjoy working for my direct supervisors and feel they have their direct reports' best interests in mind.
My position was eliminated as part of a financial restructuring and instead of booting me outright, they provided me a lesser position until either they can find me the right fit within the organization or I find the right fit outside of the organization, which I feel was the fairest, most decent way to handle a bad situation.
Pros
Culture, Size of Company, Market Share
Cons
Constant Restructuring, Antiquated Operating Systems
Productive and fun workplace
Dental Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 6, 2016
Wonderful place to work with nice and talented people who work hard and like to watch their peers exceed in the workplace. Great benefits, work schedules and people.
they expected you to work overtime with little to no notice.
Freezer stocker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 13, 2016
Management kept changing,
new managers were inexperienced and could not keep to the work schedule they put out . This caused a lot of turnover of personell without enough training.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
you never knew if you would have to work overtime or how long.
Must like to travel Door to Door
Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 30, 2016
A typical day for a FSC at Henry Schein Dental would be to call on 15-20 assigned offices. You typically see every office within a two week span. The hours are usually from 8AM-5PM. At Henry Schein I learned how to plan, organize and implement effective strategies using all company programs, tools and initiatives to increase market share in Merchandise, Equipment, Technology and Service.I also have maintained professional and consistent communication with my Regional Manager on a weekly basis. He has helped me a great deal in my two years with Henry Schein by showing me what activities to perform with certain customers. The hardest part of the job I would say is trying to discover/win new business. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the leisure of not having a set in stone schedule every day outside of appointments with doctors.
Facility needs to be updated
Security Administrator, Global Security & Safety (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Henry Schein is run like a Mom & Pop shop. It truly is who you know vs what you bring to the table.

I have been in the same position for 5 years without any opportunity for advance due to budgets constraints.
Pros
Healthcare / 401K
Cons
Compensation, workstations, no room for growth
Company was awesome but has changed for the worse in the last few years
Director of Corporate Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 9, 2016
Henry Schein was a great place to work as they had a great culture and put the team first and treated the people really well. unfortunately in recent years it has changed and has become all about the next quarters numbers and less about the people and the long term success.
A Great Technical Support Company
eServices Tech II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 24, 2015
I worked as a tech II specialist with this company, and I believe that it was one of the most enjoyable employment experiences I've had the pleasure of having. Management was effective, personable, and actually listened to their employees. The pay was competitive, with raises for every promotion. The job itself was intensive, requiring constant up-training, but was also rewarding. If I were to relocate back to the Greenville, Sc area, I would definitely consider going back to work for them.
Pros
Catered meals, Team Building exercises, Holiday Pay, Yearly bonuses, Promotion from Within
Cons
Short window to apply for Insurance Benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein. Our community is ready to answer.