Henry Street Settlement Employee Reviews

Review Summary
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2017
Henry Street foster's a culture that can cause a great amount of stress. It is about getting numbers and not about the staff who usually have to work long hard hours.
Pros
Services are really needed in the community
Cons
Catering towards that have newly moved into the lower east Side more than long time residences.
productive and fun workplace
Site Monitor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
This was a good company that was always open for suggestions and try to help the employee as much as possible. They are always open for suggestions and they stand behind their employees
Pros
flexible hours and understandable managers
Cons
low resources
productive work place
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
Working for this company was fulfilling yet challenging but there was a balance. I enjoyed being in the work space and learned a lot from my team and others.
They gives incentives.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2017
On a typical day i do what every employer will do a go to work and carry out my responsibility.what i have learnt on henry street is They always make sure if you are safe at work.
computer training
student (Current Employee) –  40 Montgomery Street. NY, NYOctober 30, 2017
Received computer training in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Outlook.
Weekly group training and meeting.
Resume management.
Pros
self-paced
Cons
short break
Good Experience
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
Henry Street Settlement had a lot of great things going for them. Their location is prime for all in the community to participate. They also offer programs for people of all ages (including seniors). Sure it has its challenges, but staff on a whole are very friendly. They provide a very easy going and welcoming atmosphere.
Pros
Work Pace. Co-Workers.
Cons
Deadlines. Outcomes. Etc.
Be prepared to work hard
Queens Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
If you want to make a difference and you know that you will work hard to get things done then this is the place for you. They give chances to those who are willing to prove themselves and the pay is pretty nice as well.
Great work place
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Always felt happy coming to work and I loved my time here because I love what they. Employing a large amount of kids so they have the chance to make their own money and gain working experience
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Temporary job
Decent
Activity Specialst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2017
Not really a place for advancement. Some locations aren't as good as others. Working here you need to get your stuff done and take care of the kids to keep supervisors off your back.
Very hectic work place, with lots to observe.
Group Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
Loved to work with kids, felt very good when they kids learned and would come to you for advice or talk to you. Work place was a little hectic because you had to do lots of paperwork as well as pay attention to 14- 17 kids at a time in a classroom setting. I've learn to deal with more needy kids that need more attention and more discipline over the semester. A typical day at work for me there was very hectic since i has a mix of kids in the class that were both hard to deal with and very easy to teach that's why half of the time the job became really stressful and at the same time enjoyable. You felt a sense of competency and joyful because you knew you were doing something meaningful in your life.
Pros
Just 3 hours of work, Saturdays and Sundays no work.
Cons
Low pay for a lot of stressful and work you had to do.
Really great place to work
Childcare coordinator assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
Helped build my resume and skills.
Teamwork and leadership skill building
The staff was very kind and caring and motivational
Great employees want to work hard. Millennials in particular rank training and development programs as the third most attractive aspect of an employer
Pros
Kind Staff
Cons
Short Breaks
Bookkeeper
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
Working in a social service agency for 14 years afforded me the insight into the living conditions of some people. It was a rewarding experience to see people's lives changed from the positive programs being offered at the settlement
Summer Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens Village, NYJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with henry street settlement and would like to work there again . They showed me that they care about their employees . Some of my co-workers were pretty rude but i learned too deal with it over sometime
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
certain rude staff
Great!
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
I really love this job! the atmosphere is great! Team that i work with is great ! everything about this job is great. i work hands on with the kids and get to use and practice basic social work skills
delivering hot meals to the elderly, shut inand disabled
Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
delivering hot meals to the elderly,sick,disabled or shut in. making sure client are ok , not talking funny , not being mistreated by home attendants, are eating their meals etc.
Pros
fun job and environment
Cons
some clients were handfuls
Great place with great people
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2017
Great time people was great kids were awesome and the environment in general was just outstanding. Just look for better opportunities. None the less it was good.
fair
PEER EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
a typical day at work was very engaging
we had to walk up to complete strangers and discuss very sensative subjects we had to perform ice breakers and teach classes
the hardest part was when the program ended because i could have seen myself growing with that job
Pros
free lunch familar faces
Cons
program ended too soon
great place
volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
this is a great place to work, intern or volunteer. They really care about staff and provide many services to the community. They have real bonds to the community unlike any other agency i have seen.
Clerical Assistant
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 8, 2017
They help you learn new skills and become a hard worker. They treat their employees well and are flexible with your schedule. Also assist you on things you are not familiar with.
Supportive Environment
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
At Henry Street Settlement I found not only a challenging work environment but also a supportive one. When I started, I was immediately paired with a mentor. In fact everyone on staff was really helpful and approachable.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Not having your own classroom to work in/supplies